Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Needs Over Time Damage Spell!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
*Update*

People have given the same comments over and over get a storm elf or storm hound. I appreciate the advice, Thanks.

Many people cant afford to buy a storm hound, or don't have the time to farm for one from Malistaire. Storm Elf, need to spend 2 training points to train for fire elf and spend 800 gold for every mutated treasure card.

What about if I'm out of training points? I cant afford to buy training points back when it cost 5,700 crowns. And yes I have done every single quest that give training points...

The main reason posting my idea not complaining is to give storm a card like snow angel but many people seem not to like which I understand.

I have seen some comments that are disrespectful and don't build any specific point. Calling me a complainer or making jokes about my post is not very nice.

I respect other and I wish you guys will also do the same, if you have nothing nice to say please don't post. Thanks

________________________________________________________

Don't you think how unfair is that the strongest school on the game cant do any damage due to the over use of storm shields? Unlike ice can do way more damage than a storm with snow angel.

Storm seriously need a over time damage spell to balance everything out...

My original idea for over time damage spell:

Raijū

Thunder beast, a legendary creature...

The form of a white and purple wolf/tiger. It also fly as a ball of lightning and his roar sounds like thunder.

When attacking his targets he will roar at them, hearing the sound of thunder. Cost 8 pips to cast, he will hit 150 damage first and then 500 damage over 3 rounds for all targets.


Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2640
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
Daviato wrote:
Don't you think how unfair is that the strongest school on the game cant do any damage due to the over use of storm shields? Unlike ice can do way more damage than a storm with snow angel.


No, I don't. Here's why... You can use a prism or train fire elf and make storm elf mutates. You can also get a couple of different pets that have storm DoT spells. You can use shatter, pierce, or even earthquake (though I'd only use that if you have a mastery amulet). A storm of similar level, gear and skill always deals more damage than an Ice. Actually... by the time you leave Krokotopia, any school of similar level and gear deals more damage than Ice. Life and balance don't have a DoT either. In fact, I can't think of single pet or spell mutate that either of those schools can use which provides them a DoT. Should they get one as well?

Daviato wrote:
Storm seriously need a over time damage spell to balance everything out...

My original idea for over time damage spell:

Raijū

Thunder beast, a legendary creature...

The form of a white and purple wolf/tiger. It also fly as a ball of lightning and his roar sounds like thunder.

When attacking his targets he will roar at them, hearing the sound of thunder. Cost 8 pips to cast, he will hit 150 damage first and then 500 damage over 3 rounds for all targets.


I disagree with a spell like this for storm, but who am I to judge? My constructive criticism here would be that if this was a learned spell for storm, the damage is way to low. DoT spells are typically more total damage per pip than single hitters, even the ones to all enemies. Therefore this type of spell should be at least 1080 total damage to all enemies and a little over half damage up front in a fashion similar to fire dragon which would mean 605 initial hit and 475 per round over three rounds.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
6
Don't you think how unfair is that the strongest school on the game cant do any damage due to the over use of storm shields? Unlike ice can do way more damage than a storm with snow angel.

Storm is already powerful enough, thanks. If people couldn't storm shield spam then storm would have no contest at all.

Get storm elf if you want DPS that bad, lol.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
152
Well, technically, storm does have a damage over time spell ... in storm elf, which really no one uses. Halston Balestrom or anyone that I know of in Celestia or Wintertusk can't give it to you. Well, actually there might be a mutate fire elf into storm elf card somewhere out there in Celestia. I haven't even done the place yet.
Diego the Dulemaster gives you a storm elf pet that gives the spell "storm elf" when you hit PvP Knight, and doesn't cost that many arena tickets. But, honestly, Storm is already very powerful, and with the Waterworks gear giving huge accuracy boosts as well as great power and a plethora of other advantages to storm, storm shield is all a person really has to keep storm in check.
Even tower shield loses most of its effect, because a critical Leviathan with a few blades and traps blows right through it. Try using wand pops or putting copies of lightning bats in your deck, or an amulet with the myth spell shatter if you want to get through storm shield without getting a storm elf.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
153
wow.

wait. what about an octupus that dances a bit of ballet before each of the 7 legs becomes a lightning strike that gets fired off from its body as a cloud of dark ink substitutes for a storm cloud?

:P Just throwing that out there.

anyway. if you put two points into fire and spend 800 coins per mutate fire elf into storm elf, you will have a damage over time spell albeit nothing so amazing as your described wolf/tiger. is it a dog? is it a cat? or a dinosaur? also diego can sell you a storm elf.


Champion
Feb 14, 2010
435
Storm dog pet gives a DOT spell card for storm and you can use a storm mutation on the fire elf spell.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
105
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Well, technically, storm does have a damage over time spell ... in storm elf, which really no one uses.


I use a storm elf on my storm all the time! i love buddy! spritely and storm blade? no contest with ANY other storm pet. I use him questing, (cause i really don't pvp anymore) and he comes in real handy against myth Mobs that use storm shields every so often, although i usually just use wild bolt and kill them before they do :P

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2640
Daviato wrote:
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...


Storm doesn't have a drain spell like Necromancers. Need one of those too?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
6
Daviato wrote:
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...


Definitely DO NOT need an AOE DOT

Storm is already powerful enough

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
25
You do, storm elf.

And the reason storm shouldn't have one, is because if storm catches us off guard, we are dead. We have to be able to protect ourselves!

If anything, I think at least Life should have one, we can't do much damage without preperation, and people will shield spam us. I know earthquake, but it takes a while to cast.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
howbadisbad wrote:
Daviato wrote:
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...


Definitely DO NOT need an AOE DOT

Storm is already powerful enough


I guess the Majority of you are NOT even storm....

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
Daviato wrote:
I guess the Majority of you are NOT even storm....


I'm guessing you say that because people are disagreeing with your position? I can't speak for everyone, but I have a storm and I'd be willing to bet that most of the players posting here have one as well. I simply don't think that storm needs this kind of spell, unless you're looking to have storm be the undisputed top dog of all the schools. I sympathize that you are having a hard time in PvP using your storm due to the use of shields. However, that doesn't mean that storm should automatically qualify for something like a DoT AoE spell... there are six other schools which that kind of decision needs to be balanced against.

If the driving factor in wanting this spell is that you want to be able to strip storm shields off your opponent in PvP (which it seems that it is), then you need to understand that its only use is in group PvP because there is already a DoT option that would cover 1v1. In a group PvP match, its unnecessary because there are a HUGE variety of ways to keep shields off by working with the other people on your team. If you're merely having problems winning, then I would suggest you start a new thread requesting strategic advice. I seriously doubt that people are disagreeing simply because they don't have a storm wizard.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
I think the schools that have a more difficult time defeating enemies needs one first. Life and balance should definitely get one to. My original idea for life:

Holy fire, 8 pips, 100 life damage + 900 life damage over 3 rounds.

Balance

WindBurn, 8 pips, 200 balance damage + 990 balance damage over 3 rounds.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
bravevline wrote:
I think the schools that have a more difficult time defeating enemies needs one first. Life and balance should definitely get one to. My original idea for life:

Holy fire, 8 pips, 100 life damage + 900 life damage over 3 rounds.

Balance

WindBurn, 8 pips, 200 balance damage + 990 balance damage over 3 rounds.


I don't think either of them need an AoE DoT but I don't think I'd object to a simple DoT option for life such as a "life elf". Balance really doesn't need a DoT of any kind because they have hydra and if they intend to deal balance damage, they can use any school's DoT spells to remove shields because only universal shields limit balance damage. Having said that, both of the damage figures are too high. Even being extremely generous for 8 pips, Life shouldn't exceed 720 total damage and Balance shouldn't exceed 760.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
kingurz wrote:
Daviato wrote:
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...


Storm doesn't have a drain spell like Necromancers. Need one of those too?


Very funny! NOT, seriously make fun of someone else! Be more respectful...

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
The schools themselves are already becoming so much a like because every school is getting something that is a different school's strength... Let's try to at least keep this balanced lol.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
89
Daviato wrote:
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...


And, Honestly, tell me exactly why? storm needs a DOT spell? Even with the storm shields a properly bladed legendary storm can kill in 2 to 3 hits another legendary. They practically hit critical everytime, have the most powerful spells and get pips faster than most anyone.

Sure, if storm gets a DOT spell than all other schools need to be given a block storm shield for 3 rounds or something of the sort. lol Like storm needs anymore help to kill the other schools.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
I don't have a storm account at all but from watching and being in PvP with a lot of storm I can honestly tell you that you don't need a DoT. Even if the opponent has a storm shield you can still do adequate damage if properly bladed or even better you get a critical ( but I wouldn't depend to much on that ). If your problem relies in 1v1 it is simply using converts which I suggest is a great idea since no one uses a myth shield since they will break way too easily and have little to no effect or pack in a few pierce treasure cards? If its in team PvP then you can always get a myth to use earthquake or have a another storm to use weak tempests to break the shields first?

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
27
I have to agree with all the nay sayers about the Storm DoT. Just mutate a fire elf into storm elf. it only costs 2 pips to cast and takes out the shields for 3 rounds. (and stops them from towering most of the time)

And before Wintertusk came along Life wizards didnt have an ALL ATTACK spell. Kudos to KI for Forest Lord!

As stated, if you dont want to take the time to mutate an elf. then use pierce. or if you have too much gold on your hands, buy some shatter cards from the bazaar. Having a pet that pierces may help also. but dont rely on it. 'may cast' talents other than spritely rarely go off.

I do have a storm wizard also and I am glad that KI tries to balance it out by NOT giving storm a DoT spell.

Rylee (Tomb Raider) lvl 33

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
First off I hate how you think your the strongest class in the game because you have the most attack! Attack isnt everything stratergy and skill is what helps you in the longrun. Honestly if anything i see life pwning storms in pvp.
Now just because you lose some matches in pvp Kingsisle should stop what they're doing and make a DoT spell for storm. If you want a DoT spell learn fire moves. DoT is mainly for fire and DoT isnt as great as it seems. So stop complaining and learn that attack isnt everything you skill laking complainer!

Aaron Drakewalker Level:60
Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
kingurz wrote:
Daviato wrote:
I already knew that people! about the storm elf over time damage card.

What We Don't have is a over time damage spell FOR ALL targets. That what i was trying to say geez...


Storm doesn't have a drain spell like Necromancers. Need one of those too?


They better hurry and make him one before he starts complaining about death wizards!

Explorer
May 11, 2010
61
Storm is already powerful enough. If people couldn't use storm shields then nobody would stand a chance against a storm wizard.