Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Shadow 343 on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
My friend may have been twenty levels above the others, but so what? I myself have beaten two level one hundreds, life and ice, solo! I was at level 75 at the time. Level difference matters at times, but so does skill. A true storm wizard, who actually is meant to be in that school and understands it, will have real skill being a storm wizard. Only the schools you should be in will you really understand. and once more. There are these wands and they give slashes from different schools. You can get them at a shop or buy them. You could get one with a storm slash so you can BREAK SHIELDS.

"Storm elf is a non-enhance-able mutate card that does less damage than fire elf." I believe i have stated this in one of my other posts that is now lost in a jumble of others. But i'll say it again. Look at the average storm damage. On my friends list, the majority of storm friends there have a hundred damage! They also have a lot of crit and armor piercing. If KI releases Storm Elf more openly, it would NOT stay "weak".

Now, answer me this please. Why do you need Elf when you have wand slashes? Why Elf if you have wild bolt? Why elf if you have thunder snake? There are so many spells that can break shields, why elf?

Shadow 343- "My friend may have been twenty levels above the others, but so what? I myself have beaten two level one hundreds, life and ice, solo! I was at level 75 at the time. Level difference matters at times, but so does skill "

So what? Your friend had access to much higher stats which led to him having a much easier time defeating your opponents. That had nothing to do with storm being "OP" and neither did that argument revolve around skill.

Shadow 343- "A true storm wizard, who actually is meant to be in that school and understands it, will have real skill being a storm wizard. Only the schools you should be in will you really understand. and once more."

What does that have to do with anything? Do "true storm wizards" not desire a DoT?

Shadow 343- "There are these wands and they give slashes from different schools. You can get them at a shop or buy them. You could get one with a storm slash so you can BREAK SHIELDS."

Do you truly not understand the difference in shield breaking capabilities between wand hits and DoTs?

Shadow 343- "I believe i have stated this in one of my other posts that is now lost in a jumble of others. But i'll say it again. Look at the average storm damage. On my friends list, the majority of storm friends there have a hundred damage! They also have a lot of crit and armor piercing. If KI releases Storm Elf more openly, it would NOT stay "weak".

Every class can now obtain 100% damage. Let us do some basic math comparing the storm elf as resulting from a mutate to fire-elf. Lets assume the fire has 70% damage and the storm has 100%.

1)Storm player: Fire-elf+mutate elf=storm elf=50+210 damage with 100% damage= 100+ 420 damage-Total 520 damage

2)Fire player: Fire-elf+colossal=fire elf=238+348 damage with 70% damage boost= 404+591- Total 995 damage

The math demonstrates that you are irrefutably incorrect.

Shadow 343- "Now, answer me this please. Why do you need Elf when you have wand slashes? Why Elf if you have wild bolt? Why elf if you have thunder snake? There are so many spells that can break shields, why elf?"

Storm elf is a pressure tool that removes multiple shields at a cost of one round which is very much more effective than a wand every round.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
116
Shadow 343 on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
My friend may have been twenty levels above the others, but so what? I myself have beaten two level one hundreds, life and ice, solo! I was at level 75 at the time. Level difference matters at times, but so does skill. A true storm wizard, who actually is meant to be in that school and understands it, will have real skill being a storm wizard. Only the schools you should be in will you really understand. and once more. There are these wands and they give slashes from different schools. You can get them at a shop or buy them. You could get one with a storm slash so you can BREAK SHIELDS.

"Storm elf is a non-enhance-able mutate card that does less damage than fire elf." I believe i have stated this in one of my other posts that is now lost in a jumble of others. But i'll say it again. Look at the average storm damage. On my friends list, the majority of storm friends there have a hundred damage! They also have a lot of crit and armor piercing. If KI releases Storm Elf more openly, it would NOT stay "weak".

Now, answer me this please. Why do you need Elf when you have wand slashes? Why Elf if you have wild bolt? Why elf if you have thunder snake? There are so many spells that can break shields, why elf?

i don't think that storm needs a DoT spell. the reason why i say this is because they already have a ton of armor pierce, by level 100 an average storm wizard with darkmoor gear on has 28 armor pierce that is almost 30 and if you subtract 50% tower shield by 30 you get only minus 20% and if you add the infallible spell that is only a 5% shield. it would be nice to have a DoT spell but i really dont think that the school of storm needs it.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
Shadow 343- "My friend may have been twenty levels above the others, but so what? I myself have beaten two level one hundreds, life and ice, solo! I was at level 75 at the time. Level difference matters at times, but so does skill "

So what? Your friend had access to much higher stats which led to him having a much easier time defeating your opponents. That had nothing to do with storm being "OP" and neither did that argument revolve around skill.

Shadow 343- "A true storm wizard, who actually is meant to be in that school and understands it, will have real skill being a storm wizard. Only the schools you should be in will you really understand. and once more."

What does that have to do with anything? Do "true storm wizards" not desire a DoT?

Shadow 343- "There are these wands and they give slashes from different schools. You can get them at a shop or buy them. You could get one with a storm slash so you can BREAK SHIELDS."

Do you truly not understand the difference in shield breaking capabilities between wand hits and DoTs?

Shadow 343- "I believe i have stated this in one of my other posts that is now lost in a jumble of others. But i'll say it again. Look at the average storm damage. On my friends list, the majority of storm friends there have a hundred damage! They also have a lot of crit and armor piercing. If KI releases Storm Elf more openly, it would NOT stay "weak".

Every class can now obtain 100% damage. Let us do some basic math comparing the storm elf as resulting from a mutate to fire-elf. Lets assume the fire has 70% damage and the storm has 100%.

1)Storm player: Fire-elf+mutate elf=storm elf=50+210 damage with 100% damage= 100+ 420 damage-Total 520 damage

2)Fire player: Fire-elf+colossal=fire elf=238+348 damage with 70% damage boost= 404+591- Total 995 damage

The math demonstrates that you are irrefutably incorrect.

Shadow 343- "Now, answer me this please. Why do you need Elf when you have wand slashes? Why Elf if you have wild bolt? Why elf if you have thunder snake? There are so many spells that can break shields, why elf?"

Storm elf is a pressure tool that removes multiple shields at a cost of one round which is very much more effective than a wand every round.
My point of this example is that storm's pierce is OP now. It is wrong.

True storm wizards desire DoTs. Almost everyone does. But true storm wizards see why they don't have a DoT and they are okay with that. They don't wine about it.

I understand the difference of DoTs and wand slashes, but I also understand how powerful storm is. There are so many OP storm spells, a DoT IS NOT NEEDED, let alone fair to other schools.

You like math, i see. But i'm not talking about that. What i mean is that storm has so much damage already, there is NO WAY that storm elf will stay "weak".

DoTs are effecive, but storm doesnt have one. deal with it and move around it. They aren't going to get one because it would be unfair to other schools. Find a different way to dominate in PvP if that is what you want. In my opinion, you have a pretty good storm 1v1 guide already.

I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but I really don't see the reason storm needs a DoT. If you want a DoT; go be a fire wizard.


Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Fred Frost on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
i don't think that storm needs a DoT spell. the reason why i say this is because they already have a ton of armor pierce, by level 100 an average storm wizard with darkmoor gear on has 28 armor pierce that is almost 30 and if you subtract 50% tower shield by 30 you get only minus 20% and if you add the infallible spell that is only a 5% shield. it would be nice to have a DoT spell but i really dont think that the school of storm needs it.
Clearly said, thank you, Fred. This is a perfect example of what i am trying say. PIERCE.


Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Shadow 343 on Mar 22, 2015 wrote:
My point of this example is that storm's pierce is OP now. It is wrong.

True storm wizards desire DoTs. Almost everyone does. But true storm wizards see why they don't have a DoT and they are okay with that. They don't wine about it.

I understand the difference of DoTs and wand slashes, but I also understand how powerful storm is. There are so many OP storm spells, a DoT IS NOT NEEDED, let alone fair to other schools.

You like math, i see. But i'm not talking about that. What i mean is that storm has so much damage already, there is NO WAY that storm elf will stay "weak".

DoTs are effecive, but storm doesnt have one. deal with it and move around it. They aren't going to get one because it would be unfair to other schools. Find a different way to dominate in PvP if that is what you want. In my opinion, you have a pretty good storm 1v1 guide already.

I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but I really don't see the reason storm needs a DoT. If you want a DoT; go be a fire wizard.

Shadow 343-"My point of this example is that storm's pierce is OP now. It is wrong."

It is? Let's examine each school's pierce from DM gear.
Storm:30
Fire:23
Ice:15
Death:21
Life:22
Myth:23
Balance:22

So storm is only 7-9 pierce above every school except ice(the defensive school). That is far from overpowered.

Shadow 343-"True storm wizards desire DoTs. Almost everyone does. But true storm wizards see why they don't have a DoT and they are okay with that. They don't wine about it."

So in other words the only true storm wizards are the ones who agree with you lol?

Shadow 343-"I understand the difference of DoTs and wand slashes, but I also understand how powerful storm is. There are so many OP storm spells, a DoT IS NOT NEEDED, let alone fair to other schools."

Not needed? By what standards? OP storm spells that's not fair to the other schools? Did you miss the fact that storm is literally the bottom tier school in every level range in 1v1 PvP. If anything PvP is not fair to the storm school not the other way around.

Shadow 343-"You like math, i see. But i'm not talking about that. What i mean is that storm has so much damage already, there is NO WAY that storm elf will stay "weak".

I enjoy math because it shows me the actual power of the spells. The entire game is based on math and that math directly refutes your statement. You can claim it will be OP as much as you want but my math has demonstrated it is not.

Shadow 343-"DoTs are effecive, but storm doesnt have one. deal with it and move around it."

We do deal with it and move around it because we are forced to. That will not stop us from requesting a valuable tool.

Shadow 343-"They aren't going to get one because it would be unfair to other schools. Find a different way to dominate in PvP if that is what you want. In my opinion, you have a pretty good storm 1v1 guide already."

What part of worst PvP school at all levels fails to resonate with you?

Shadow 343-"I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but I really don't see the reason storm needs a DoT. If you want a DoT; go be a fire wizard."

Ah I should give up the school I enjoy to have a tool every other school is given....got it.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
Shadow 343-"My point of this example is that storm's pierce is OP now. It is wrong."

It is? Let's examine each school's pierce from DM gear.
Storm:30
Fire:23
Ice:15
Death:21
Life:22
Myth:23
Balance:22

So storm is only 7-9 pierce above every school except ice(the defensive school). That is far from overpowered.

Shadow 343-"True storm wizards desire DoTs. Almost everyone does. But true storm wizards see why they don't have a DoT and they are okay with that. They don't wine about it."

So in other words the only true storm wizards are the ones who agree with you lol?

Shadow 343-"I understand the difference of DoTs and wand slashes, but I also understand how powerful storm is. There are so many OP storm spells, a DoT IS NOT NEEDED, let alone fair to other schools."

Not needed? By what standards? OP storm spells that's not fair to the other schools? Did you miss the fact that storm is literally the bottom tier school in every level range in 1v1 PvP. If anything PvP is not fair to the storm school not the other way around.

Shadow 343-"You like math, i see. But i'm not talking about that. What i mean is that storm has so much damage already, there is NO WAY that storm elf will stay "weak".

I enjoy math because it shows me the actual power of the spells. The entire game is based on math and that math directly refutes your statement. You can claim it will be OP as much as you want but my math has demonstrated it is not.

Shadow 343-"DoTs are effecive, but storm doesnt have one. deal with it and move around it."

We do deal with it and move around it because we are forced to. That will not stop us from requesting a valuable tool.

Shadow 343-"They aren't going to get one because it would be unfair to other schools. Find a different way to dominate in PvP if that is what you want. In my opinion, you have a pretty good storm 1v1 guide already."

What part of worst PvP school at all levels fails to resonate with you?

Shadow 343-"I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but I really don't see the reason storm needs a DoT. If you want a DoT; go be a fire wizard."

Ah I should give up the school I enjoy to have a tool every other school is given....got it.
What you just estimated was the gear for Darkmoor. There are different gear pieces throughout the spiral, not just Darkmoor. Also, poor ice has 13 pierce. How is it fair to an ice when they fight a storm with that much pierce? It isn't. You say ice is the defense school, it is supposed to be. But it isn't. Look at all the gear and you'll see that ice has just as much defense now days as storm. There is no difference! Ice is getting ripped and boosting storm doesn't help them in any way.

I'm not saying that true storm wizards agree with me, I am saying they see both our views and realize the balance between the schools, and thus why storm doesn't have a DoT.

I don't know what PvPs you watch and do, but where I am storm dominates. In no way are they the bottom tier school in PvP.

You are using math to prove your point assuming I am speaking of Darkmoor gear. I'm not. If I were, I wouldn't be arguing with you. I am talking about the average gear a storm wizard has these days.

DoTs for storm are valuable, but shouldn't be given. Obviously you do not move around it seeing how we are arguing here. Requesting is fine, but this seems to be something a little more.

Storm is not the worst at PvP. No certain school is. A wizard might be, but not the whole school.

Lol. Since you love playing on storm, being a storm so much; then why in the kingdoms are you complaining about it? If you love it; accept it.


Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
Shadow 343-"My point of this example is that storm's pierce is OP now. It is wrong."

It is? Let's examine each school's pierce from DM gear.
Storm:30
Fire:23
Ice:15
Death:21
Life:22
Myth:23
Balance:22

So storm is only 7-9 pierce above every school except ice(the defensive school). That is far from overpowered.

Shadow 343-"True storm wizards desire DoTs. Almost everyone does. But true storm wizards see why they don't have a DoT and they are okay with that. They don't wine about it."

So in other words the only true storm wizards are the ones who agree with you lol?

Shadow 343-"I understand the difference of DoTs and wand slashes, but I also understand how powerful storm is. There are so many OP storm spells, a DoT IS NOT NEEDED, let alone fair to other schools."

Not needed? By what standards? OP storm spells that's not fair to the other schools? Did you miss the fact that storm is literally the bottom tier school in every level range in 1v1 PvP. If anything PvP is not fair to the storm school not the other way around.

Shadow 343-"You like math, i see. But i'm not talking about that. What i mean is that storm has so much damage already, there is NO WAY that storm elf will stay "weak".

I enjoy math because it shows me the actual power of the spells. The entire game is based on math and that math directly refutes your statement. You can claim it will be OP as much as you want but my math has demonstrated it is not.

Shadow 343-"DoTs are effecive, but storm doesnt have one. deal with it and move around it."

We do deal with it and move around it because we are forced to. That will not stop us from requesting a valuable tool.

Shadow 343-"They aren't going to get one because it would be unfair to other schools. Find a different way to dominate in PvP if that is what you want. In my opinion, you have a pretty good storm 1v1 guide already."

What part of worst PvP school at all levels fails to resonate with you?

Shadow 343-"I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but I really don't see the reason storm needs a DoT. If you want a DoT; go be a fire wizard."

Ah I should give up the school I enjoy to have a tool every other school is given....got it.
Storm doesn't need another tool to hit harder. Personally, on my level 100 ice, I have more trouble with storms than balances, as they get through 310 block at least 1/4 times. You can do 2k with wild bolt through shields, and about as much with various other spells. Ice can't even do that much with weaver through a shield. If anything, it's ice and myth that need a buff, not storm. Ice and myth both have problems with easy-to-counter utility, low damage, and few low pip spells. Sure, storm is easy to counter with shields, but it does so much damage that it often doesn't matter.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Shadow 343 on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
What you just estimated was the gear for Darkmoor. There are different gear pieces throughout the spiral, not just Darkmoor. Also, poor ice has 13 pierce. How is it fair to an ice when they fight a storm with that much pierce? It isn't. You say ice is the defense school, it is supposed to be. But it isn't. Look at all the gear and you'll see that ice has just as much defense now days as storm. There is no difference! Ice is getting ripped and boosting storm doesn't help them in any way.

I'm not saying that true storm wizards agree with me, I am saying they see both our views and realize the balance between the schools, and thus why storm doesn't have a DoT.

I don't know what PvPs you watch and do, but where I am storm dominates. In no way are they the bottom tier school in PvP.

You are using math to prove your point assuming I am speaking of Darkmoor gear. I'm not. If I were, I wouldn't be arguing with you. I am talking about the average gear a storm wizard has these days.

DoTs for storm are valuable, but shouldn't be given. Obviously you do not move around it seeing how we are arguing here. Requesting is fine, but this seems to be something a little more.

Storm is not the worst at PvP. No certain school is. A wizard might be, but not the whole school.

Lol. Since you love playing on storm, being a storm so much; then why in the kingdoms are you complaining about it? If you love it; accept it.

Shadow 343- "What you just estimated was the gear for Darkmoor. There are different gear pieces throughout the spiral, not just Darkmoor."

With rare exception the gear in DM is far and away the best gear available for PvP for all max level players and as such those are the stats considered. Perhaps you would care to offer some of this other gear you are referring to that supercedes DM?

Shadow 343-"Also, poor ice has 13 pierce. How is it fair to an ice when they fight a storm with that much pierce? It isn't. You say ice is the defense school, it is supposed to be. But it isn't. Look at all the gear and you'll see that ice has just as much defense now days as storm."

That is simply not true. Ice has more resist and has 2000-3000 more hp than storm. That translates to 50-60% more defensive capability. That is unfair to ice?

Shadow 343-"I'm not saying that true storm wizards agree with me, I am saying they see both our views and realize the balance between the schools, and thus why storm doesn't have a DoT."

Exactly the current data indicates the balance of the schools is firmly against storm.

Shadow 343-"I don't know what PvPs you watch and do, but where I am storm dominates. In no way are they the bottom tier school in PvP."

I'll tell you exactly what PvP I watch and do. I play storm 1v1 PvP at the level cap since the days before celestia to today. My storm has been in the arena for every major update to PvP in wizard 101's existence. I have seen and participated in every meta at the high levels of play. I now have over 2500 ranked matches under my belt from the second age alone. What is your pvp experience level? As for Storm's Tier Status: Tier List.

Shadow 343-"DoTs for storm are valuable, but shouldn't be given. Obviously you do not move around it seeing how we are arguing here. Requesting is fine, but this seems to be something a little more."

Shouldn't be given because of poor mathematics a flawed perception of school balance and an unrealistic denial of the clearly illustrated data?

Shadow 343- "Storm is not the worst at PvP. No certain school is. A wizard might be, but not the whole school."

I'll quote from my article: "tier lists are only a measure of a school’s relative effectiveness in the current meta. Tier lists are not a measure of the players themselves. A smart player utilizing a low tier school can easily be match for a novice using a high tier school. However tiers can influence battles when both players are cognizant of what they are doing. A smart myth will always have trouble against a competent balance for example."

Shadow 343- "Lol. Since you love playing on storm, being a storm so much; then why in the kingdoms are you complaining about it? If you love it; accept it"

Loving your school does not mean turning a blind eye to the issues plaguing it.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
Storm doesn't need another tool to hit harder. Personally, on my level 100 ice, I have more trouble with storms than balances, as they get through 310 block at least 1/4 times. You can do 2k with wild bolt through shields, and about as much with various other spells. Ice can't even do that much with weaver through a shield. If anything, it's ice and myth that need a buff, not storm. Ice and myth both have problems with easy-to-counter utility, low damage, and few low pip spells. Sure, storm is easy to counter with shields, but it does so much damage that it often doesn't matter.
In order for a storm to hit 2000 through a shield to an ice they need to
a)critical(15% chance against ice assuming optimal gear for both classes)
b)hit 1000(33% chance)
c)have shrike(25% chance)

Combined this chance is 1.5%...So storm shouldn't have a DoT due to a 1.5% chance to hit high through a shield?

I do agree that myth needs a buff as it is sitting on the bottom of the totem pole along with storm. Ice however is a solid mid-tier school that is only lacking in low pip offensive utility. I am not against giving schools that are lacking the tools they need to compete... I am unsure of the visceral reaction to a fix for a very real problem with the storm school

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
Shadow 343- "What you just estimated was the gear for Darkmoor. There are different gear pieces throughout the spiral, not just Darkmoor."

With rare exception the gear in DM is far and away the best gear available for PvP for all max level players and as such those are the stats considered. Perhaps you would care to offer some of this other gear you are referring to that supercedes DM?

Shadow 343-"Also, poor ice has 13 pierce. How is it fair to an ice when they fight a storm with that much pierce? It isn't. You say ice is the defense school, it is supposed to be. But it isn't. Look at all the gear and you'll see that ice has just as much defense now days as storm."

That is simply not true. Ice has more resist and has 2000-3000 more hp than storm. That translates to 50-60% more defensive capability. That is unfair to ice?

Shadow 343-"I'm not saying that true storm wizards agree with me, I am saying they see both our views and realize the balance between the schools, and thus why storm doesn't have a DoT."

Exactly the current data indicates the balance of the schools is firmly against storm.

Shadow 343-"I don't know what PvPs you watch and do, but where I am storm dominates. In no way are they the bottom tier school in PvP."

I'll tell you exactly what PvP I watch and do. I play storm 1v1 PvP at the level cap since the days before celestia to today. My storm has been in the arena for every major update to PvP in wizard 101's existence. I have seen and participated in every meta at the high levels of play. I now have over 2500 ranked matches under my belt from the second age alone. What is your pvp experience level? As for Storm's Tier Status: Tier List.

Shadow 343-"DoTs for storm are valuable, but shouldn't be given. Obviously you do not move around it seeing how we are arguing here. Requesting is fine, but this seems to be something a little more."

Shouldn't be given because of poor mathematics a flawed perception of school balance and an unrealistic denial of the clearly illustrated data?

Shadow 343- "Storm is not the worst at PvP. No certain school is. A wizard might be, but not the whole school."

I'll quote from my article: "tier lists are only a measure of a school’s relative effectiveness in the current meta. Tier lists are not a measure of the players themselves. A smart player utilizing a low tier school can easily be match for a novice using a high tier school. However tiers can influence battles when both players are cognizant of what they are doing. A smart myth will always have trouble against a competent balance for example."

Shadow 343- "Lol. Since you love playing on storm, being a storm so much; then why in the kingdoms are you complaining about it? If you love it; accept it"

Loving your school does not mean turning a blind eye to the issues plaguing it.
gear pieces are different; DM is not the best for everyone. The gear I am looking at is the overall most common gear for the schools accordingly. No matter what gear you look at for storm, the ice is worse. A lot worse. You say that storm and myth are near dead; oh please. Myth and ice need boosts. If anything, certain storm things should be nerfed.

Yes it is unfair to ice. Look at the gear for storm from DM. It is the hardest piece to get but it is OP. Ice is supposed to have more resist than the other schools; especially storm. Well this robe gives 80% resist to everything! Storm has plenty of stuff. They may need a DoT, but if they get one their gear should be nerfed.

The balance of the schools is not against storm. It is against what you want storm to be. Big difference!

Want to know what my PvP ranking is? Guess what; I do not do PvP in ranked because of the horrid sports, OP storms, and TC using low PvP warlords. I watch PvP and will do it when I face someone with a good attitude and who doesn't cheat with TCs. As you have probably already seen, I am a younger wizard than you. But that doesn't mean anything save you have more experience than me.

No. Shouldn't be given because of your gear. Nerf the gear; get a DoT. Don't Nerf the gear; deal with things.

What does all that prove? Tiers? Sry, I am missing your point.

Correct on that last part, however you're missing something. You do not turn away from your problems, you deal with them as such you're doing. But, don't wine about them. There is a balance in the schools and to keep that balance, things need to happen. If storm gets a DoT; take away something else. Like netting the OP gear!

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
Storm doesn't need another tool to hit harder. Personally, on my level 100 ice, I have more trouble with storms than balances, as they get through 310 block at least 1/4 times. You can do 2k with wild bolt through shields, and about as much with various other spells. Ice can't even do that much with weaver through a shield. If anything, it's ice and myth that need a buff, not storm. Ice and myth both have problems with easy-to-counter utility, low damage, and few low pip spells. Sure, storm is easy to counter with shields, but it does so much damage that it often doesn't matter.
Spot on! Myth and ice are the ones whom need a boost and boosting storm does not help that at all.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
In order for a storm to hit 2000 through a shield to an ice they need to
a)critical(15% chance against ice assuming optimal gear for both classes)
b)hit 1000(33% chance)
c)have shrike(25% chance)

Combined this chance is 1.5%...So storm shouldn't have a DoT due to a 1.5% chance to hit high through a shield?

I do agree that myth needs a buff as it is sitting on the bottom of the totem pole along with storm. Ice however is a solid mid-tier school that is only lacking in low pip offensive utility. I am not against giving schools that are lacking the tools they need to compete... I am unsure of the visceral reaction to a fix for a very real problem with the storm school
First off, seeing as that storm can hit me for 4000 through, if I remember correctly, about 55% resist, it would most likely not be necessary to have shrike to do that much damage through a shield if it is tower shield. Secondly, what chance does ice have to critical on storm? If both are using the best gear possible, probably 0. Third, how much pierce can ice get? Maybe 10-12. Storm can get 30+. Ice might have 10-20 more resist than storm - that difference is completely negated by pierce, and maybe not even that much of a difference if the storm has the Khrysalis crafted hat. Ice can get much more health, but that difference is easily closed given how much more damage storm does than ice. What spells does ice have? A few half-decent DoTs - they don't do nearly as much damage quickly as is necessary in this meta - a stun in winter moon - easily countered by a stun shield - a decent shadow spell, although its damage pales in comparison to the others - and a lot of spells that are junk. Storm has bolt - an easy shield remover that, if you're lucky, can hit for 4,000, and the way storm spams it, it often does - a heal that can easily critical them to full health, unlike ice's lack of a heal (even if an ice uses a life mastery, satyr doesn't heal for a very large percentage of ice's health at base and getting healing boost means sacrificing other stats needed to stay competitive) - various low pip spells that allow for easy pressure, even through shields without a DoT, glowbug squall, which does more damage than weaver and still has a good effect, and various decent high pip spells. Ice has been getting constantly nerfed ever since Avalon, while storm has gradually been getting buffed. I don't know about you, but it's clear to me which school needs more of a buff here.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Shadow 343 on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
gear pieces are different; DM is not the best for everyone. The gear I am looking at is the overall most common gear for the schools accordingly. No matter what gear you look at for storm, the ice is worse. A lot worse. You say that storm and myth are near dead; oh please. Myth and ice need boosts. If anything, certain storm things should be nerfed.

Yes it is unfair to ice. Look at the gear for storm from DM. It is the hardest piece to get but it is OP. Ice is supposed to have more resist than the other schools; especially storm. Well this robe gives 80% resist to everything! Storm has plenty of stuff. They may need a DoT, but if they get one their gear should be nerfed.

The balance of the schools is not against storm. It is against what you want storm to be. Big difference!

Want to know what my PvP ranking is? Guess what; I do not do PvP in ranked because of the horrid sports, OP storms, and TC using low PvP warlords. I watch PvP and will do it when I face someone with a good attitude and who doesn't cheat with TCs. As you have probably already seen, I am a younger wizard than you. But that doesn't mean anything save you have more experience than me.

No. Shouldn't be given because of your gear. Nerf the gear; get a DoT. Don't Nerf the gear; deal with things.

What does all that prove? Tiers? Sry, I am missing your point.

Correct on that last part, however you're missing something. You do not turn away from your problems, you deal with them as such you're doing. But, don't wine about them. There is a balance in the schools and to keep that balance, things need to happen. If storm gets a DoT; take away something else. Like netting the OP gear!
Shadow 343-"gear pieces are different; DM is not the best for everyone. The gear I am looking at is the overall most common gear for the schools accordingly. No matter what gear you look at for storm, the ice is worse. A lot worse. You say that storm and myth are near dead; oh please. Myth and ice need boosts. If anything, certain storm things should be nerfed"

Correct there are occasional pieces for different schools that are better suited. However I still await this gear you say is common for most schools. What is it? Also where is your assertion that myth and ice need buffing coming from? Also most gear on it's own looks better for storm because it's base stats are so low. Here is an example: who is better off: A storm with 25% accuracy or a life with 12% accuracy?

Shadow 343-"Yes it is unfair to ice. Look at the gear for storm from DM. It is the hardest piece to get but it is OP. Ice is supposed to have more resist than the other schools; especially storm. Well this robe gives 80% resist to everything! Storm has plenty of stuff. They may need a DoT, but if they get one their gear should be nerfed."

Did you find this 80% resist robe the same place you found the 106% storm pierce set?

Shadow 343-"The balance of the schools is not against storm. It is against what you want storm to be. Big difference!"

Hmm let me go check the leaderboard- lowest volume storm. Ranked PvP-lowest ranks storm and myth. Opinion of highly experienced players with hundreds of matches under their belt-Lowest Tier storm and myth.

Shadow 343-"Want to know what my PvP ranking is? Guess what; I do not do PvP in ranked because of the horrid sports, OP storms, and TC using low PvP warlords. I watch PvP and will do it when I face someone with a good attitude and who doesn't cheat with TCs. As you have probably already seen, I am a younger wizard than you. But that doesn't mean anything save you have more experience than me."

So you are here speaking on the relative status of a school's power in PvP with little to no actual battle experience.... I am sorry but I can no longer take you seriously: You came into the argument with false statistics, poor math, unsupported assertions and now you literally confess that you have no idea what you are talking about. This will be my last response in this thread to you.

Shadow 343-"No. Shouldn't be given because of your gear. Nerf the gear; get a DoT. Don't Nerf the gear; deal with things.

What does all that prove? Tiers? Sry, I am missing your point.

Correct on that last part, however you're missing something. You do not turn away from your problems, you deal with them as such you're doing. But, don't wine about them. There is a balance in the schools and to keep that balance, things need to happen. If storm gets a DoT; take away something else. Like netting the OP gear!"

I will gladly nerf this nonexistent 80% resist 106% pierce gear you refer to. As for Tiers and their purpose-go ahead and read the article it is pretty clear.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
First off, seeing as that storm can hit me for 4000 through, if I remember correctly, about 55% resist, it would most likely not be necessary to have shrike to do that much damage through a shield if it is tower shield. Secondly, what chance does ice have to critical on storm? If both are using the best gear possible, probably 0. Third, how much pierce can ice get? Maybe 10-12. Storm can get 30+. Ice might have 10-20 more resist than storm - that difference is completely negated by pierce, and maybe not even that much of a difference if the storm has the Khrysalis crafted hat. Ice can get much more health, but that difference is easily closed given how much more damage storm does than ice. What spells does ice have? A few half-decent DoTs - they don't do nearly as much damage quickly as is necessary in this meta - a stun in winter moon - easily countered by a stun shield - a decent shadow spell, although its damage pales in comparison to the others - and a lot of spells that are junk. Storm has bolt - an easy shield remover that, if you're lucky, can hit for 4,000, and the way storm spams it, it often does - a heal that can easily critical them to full health, unlike ice's lack of a heal (even if an ice uses a life mastery, satyr doesn't heal for a very large percentage of ice's health at base and getting healing boost means sacrificing other stats needed to stay competitive) - various low pip spells that allow for easy pressure, even through shields without a DoT, glowbug squall, which does more damage than weaver and still has a good effect, and various decent high pip spells. Ice has been getting constantly nerfed ever since Avalon, while storm has gradually been getting buffed. I don't know about you, but it's clear to me which school needs more of a buff here.
Aaron- "First off, seeing as that storm can hit me for 4000 through, if I remember correctly, about 55% resist, it would most likely not be necessary to have shrike to do that much damage through a shield if it is tower shield"

An optimally geared ice has 60% general resist. Assuming optimal storm damage and a specific shield then my original statement stands.
Aaron- "Secondly, what chance does ice have to critical on storm? If both are using the best gear possible, probably 0"
Correct Ice has no chance to critical against any other schools which is often why ice opts for teeth(or the winter land pack wand) meaning other schools can now also no longer critical on ice.
Aaron- "Third, how much pierce can ice get? Maybe 10-12"

Ice with optimal gear is standing at 15% pierce. 20% if they choose to go with the dm wand.

Aaron-"Ice can get much more health, but that difference is easily closed given how much more damage storm does than ice"
That is key-the difference is not easily closed at all. Unless storm gets lucky with bolt they need to initiate several 2000 damage hits to kill off an ice. The storm on the other hand is gg by wintermoon to abominable weaver.

Aaron-"What spells does ice have? A few half-decent DoTs - they don't do nearly as much damage quickly as is necessary in this meta"
Against storm a single bladed frostbite does away with 30-50% of it's health.

Aaron-"a decent shadow spell, although its damage pales in comparison to the others"
In order of damage:
Fire-1200(average)
Storm-1120(-60)
Balance-1100(-20)
Ice-1050(average -50)
Life-1050(average -50)
Myth-880(-170)
Death-830(-50)

Aaron-"Storm has bolt - an easy shield remover that, if you're lucky, can hit for 4,000, and the way storm spams it, it often does
An rng spell that the vast majority of the time is beaten out by every other 2 pip spell in game.

Aaron-"a heal that can easily critical them to full health"

An rng spell that the vast majority of the time is beaten out heal per pip by every other heal.

Aaron-"glowbug squall, which does more damage than weaver and still has a good effect"
No school needs to utilize blades to defeat storm meaning the effect is often a moot point. Weaver on the other hand leaves a shield that is effective against anything thats not a DoT or wand hit.

Aaron-"Ice has been getting constantly nerfed ever since Avalon, while storm has gradually been getting buffed. I don't know about you, but it's clear to me which school needs more of a buff here."
Correct- Ice has been knocked from it's perch as top tier school which it retained from Zafaria-Azteca(and currently GM).Storm has remained low tier from the beginning of the game till the current arena at all level ranges. Both schools could use buffs:Storm needs a DoT low pip utility and a reliable heal while Ice needs a reliable heal and low pip offense. I am not against buffing ice a mid tier school in this meta. I am not sure why you are against buffing storm a low tier school in this meta.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
Aaron- "First off, seeing as that storm can hit me for 4000 through, if I remember correctly, about 55% resist, it would most likely not be necessary to have shrike to do that much damage through a shield if it is tower shield"

An optimally geared ice has 60% general resist. Assuming optimal storm damage and a specific shield then my original statement stands.
Aaron- "Secondly, what chance does ice have to critical on storm? If both are using the best gear possible, probably 0"
Correct Ice has no chance to critical against any other schools which is often why ice opts for teeth(or the winter land pack wand) meaning other schools can now also no longer critical on ice.
Aaron- "Third, how much pierce can ice get? Maybe 10-12"

Ice with optimal gear is standing at 15% pierce. 20% if they choose to go with the dm wand.

Aaron-"Ice can get much more health, but that difference is easily closed given how much more damage storm does than ice"
That is key-the difference is not easily closed at all. Unless storm gets lucky with bolt they need to initiate several 2000 damage hits to kill off an ice. The storm on the other hand is gg by wintermoon to abominable weaver.

Aaron-"What spells does ice have? A few half-decent DoTs - they don't do nearly as much damage quickly as is necessary in this meta"
Against storm a single bladed frostbite does away with 30-50% of it's health.

Aaron-"a decent shadow spell, although its damage pales in comparison to the others"
In order of damage:
Fire-1200(average)
Storm-1120(-60)
Balance-1100(-20)
Ice-1050(average -50)
Life-1050(average -50)
Myth-880(-170)
Death-830(-50)

Aaron-"Storm has bolt - an easy shield remover that, if you're lucky, can hit for 4,000, and the way storm spams it, it often does
An rng spell that the vast majority of the time is beaten out by every other 2 pip spell in game.

Aaron-"a heal that can easily critical them to full health"

An rng spell that the vast majority of the time is beaten out heal per pip by every other heal.

Aaron-"glowbug squall, which does more damage than weaver and still has a good effect"
No school needs to utilize blades to defeat storm meaning the effect is often a moot point. Weaver on the other hand leaves a shield that is effective against anything thats not a DoT or wand hit.

Aaron-"Ice has been getting constantly nerfed ever since Avalon, while storm has gradually been getting buffed. I don't know about you, but it's clear to me which school needs more of a buff here."
Correct- Ice has been knocked from it's perch as top tier school which it retained from Zafaria-Azteca(and currently GM).Storm has remained low tier from the beginning of the game till the current arena at all level ranges. Both schools could use buffs:Storm needs a DoT low pip utility and a reliable heal while Ice needs a reliable heal and low pip offense. I am not against buffing ice a mid tier school in this meta. I am not sure why you are against buffing storm a low tier school in this meta.
One of the major reasons I am against buffing storm would be the effect on lower level pvp (A somewhat selfish reason on my part, as I mostly play lower level pvp rather than higher level, but I do have some experience with max level pvp). Imagine if storm had a DoT. It would be extremely difficult to shield against them, and combined with their already insanely high damage, storm could achieve kills in 2-5 turns more easily than ever before. Personally, I like pvp a lot more when I actually have time to do anything, and don't get killed in 2 turns, when it is unlikely that I will be able to find the correct cards. Storm's major weaknesses currently are its lack of a DoT, low health, and somewhat lack of spells with good effects - take away the DoT weakness, and it could easily become overpowered.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
One of the major reasons I am against buffing storm would be the effect on lower level pvp (A somewhat selfish reason on my part, as I mostly play lower level pvp rather than higher level, but I do have some experience with max level pvp). Imagine if storm had a DoT. It would be extremely difficult to shield against them, and combined with their already insanely high damage, storm could achieve kills in 2-5 turns more easily than ever before. Personally, I like pvp a lot more when I actually have time to do anything, and don't get killed in 2 turns, when it is unlikely that I will be able to find the correct cards. Storm's major weaknesses currently are its lack of a DoT, low health, and somewhat lack of spells with good effects - take away the DoT weakness, and it could easily become overpowered.
The solution proposed here is to allow the mutate to be trainable. It could easily be level restricted to lvl 70+ etc. Or simply allow storm a mid cost-high cost front-loaded DoT. All of these solutions would tremendously assist storm without overpowering it.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
Shadow 343-"gear pieces are different; DM is not the best for everyone. The gear I am looking at is the overall most common gear for the schools accordingly. No matter what gear you look at for storm, the ice is worse. A lot worse. You say that storm and myth are near dead; oh please. Myth and ice need boosts. If anything, certain storm things should be nerfed"

Correct there are occasional pieces for different schools that are better suited. However I still await this gear you say is common for most schools. What is it? Also where is your assertion that myth and ice need buffing coming from? Also most gear on it's own looks better for storm because it's base stats are so low. Here is an example: who is better off: A storm with 25% accuracy or a life with 12% accuracy?

Shadow 343-"Yes it is unfair to ice. Look at the gear for storm from DM. It is the hardest piece to get but it is OP. Ice is supposed to have more resist than the other schools; especially storm. Well this robe gives 80% resist to everything! Storm has plenty of stuff. They may need a DoT, but if they get one their gear should be nerfed."

Did you find this 80% resist robe the same place you found the 106% storm pierce set?

Shadow 343-"The balance of the schools is not against storm. It is against what you want storm to be. Big difference!"

Hmm let me go check the leaderboard- lowest volume storm. Ranked PvP-lowest ranks storm and myth. Opinion of highly experienced players with hundreds of matches under their belt-Lowest Tier storm and myth.

Shadow 343-"Want to know what my PvP ranking is? Guess what; I do not do PvP in ranked because of the horrid sports, OP storms, and TC using low PvP warlords. I watch PvP and will do it when I face someone with a good attitude and who doesn't cheat with TCs. As you have probably already seen, I am a younger wizard than you. But that doesn't mean anything save you have more experience than me."

So you are here speaking on the relative status of a school's power in PvP with little to no actual battle experience.... I am sorry but I can no longer take you seriously: You came into the argument with false statistics, poor math, unsupported assertions and now you literally confess that you have no idea what you are talking about. This will be my last response in this thread to you.

Shadow 343-"No. Shouldn't be given because of your gear. Nerf the gear; get a DoT. Don't Nerf the gear; deal with things.

What does all that prove? Tiers? Sry, I am missing your point.

Correct on that last part, however you're missing something. You do not turn away from your problems, you deal with them as such you're doing. But, don't wine about them. There is a balance in the schools and to keep that balance, things need to happen. If storm gets a DoT; take away something else. Like netting the OP gear!"

I will gladly nerf this nonexistent 80% resist 106% pierce gear you refer to. As for Tiers and their purpose-go ahead and read the article it is pretty clear.
Took me a while to find these, but I have the gear. The robe that gives 80% resist actually turned out to be a helm. Sorry. It is the Battle Mage's Helm of Furrow. The places I find storm being unfair to other schools are the following:

  • DM gear updates YouTube, by TheRealJay.
  • Castle Darkmoor Gear Guide- Duelist101.
  • Addressing Wizard101 Ice DM Gear: Wizard101- Reddit.
  • Was DM gear distributed fairly?- SkyScreamer101.
And my friend has the pierce stuff. Idk what gear he has on.

I can check the leader board again; but currently storm is not on the bottom.

As for the "I am not expierianced in PvP" . . . Oh please. I'm not sure you heard me correctly. I said I don't do RANKED PvP. I do practice plenty. I understand that these are completely superset, but the tactics are overall the same. The only differences are bad sports, TC using second wizards, and anger management problems when someone looses. During practice PvP, storm DOMINATES.

Whatever team the storms are on always wins. When I get a team together, everyone leaves my match if a storm is on the other team. People are afraid of storms. Well, some anyway. Others are just annoyed; like me.

Storm has really gotten out of control. They need to be nerfed or other schools need to be boosted; big time.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
For those interested in the actual state of storm 1v1 PvP and why it needs a DoT rather than anecdotal evidence based on non-existent gear and practice team-PvP:

-Tier List(All Levels)

-Tier List(Max Lvl)
-Leaderboard Review(Top Level)

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
The solution proposed here is to allow the mutate to be trainable. It could easily be level restricted to lvl 70+ etc. Or simply allow storm a mid cost-high cost front-loaded DoT. All of these solutions would tremendously assist storm without overpowering it.
Shields are the only real defense against storms. Whether or not the mutate is made levels 70+, warlords will still face those with storm elf, and high levels will still have trouble shielding against storm. Storm's damage is high enough so that, with the ability to remove shields easily, it would almost certainly become overpowered. If storm had a DoT, battling them from second would become near impossible, as they could just DoT and deal half your health as soon as you didn't have a shield up. While storm may need a buff, I personally do not think that it should be something that would unbalance it in comparison to the other schools, like supernova, loremaster, mana burn, and good gear did for balance.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
For those interested in the actual state of storm 1v1 PvP and why it needs a DoT rather than anecdotal evidence based on non-existent gear and practice team-PvP:

-Tier List(All Levels)

-Tier List(Max Lvl)
-Leaderboard Review(Top Level)
Lol, funny, Eric. They are exsistant. There is also something I don't understand. Since you aren't going to speak to me, this question is for anyone with a good answer, not just you.

If I understand this correctly, you made a good storm 1v1 tactic on Duelist101. In my opinion, that is a very good plan. Thus then, why is a DoT needed?

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
Shields are the only real defense against storms. Whether or not the mutate is made levels 70+, warlords will still face those with storm elf, and high levels will still have trouble shielding against storm. Storm's damage is high enough so that, with the ability to remove shields easily, it would almost certainly become overpowered. If storm had a DoT, battling them from second would become near impossible, as they could just DoT and deal half your health as soon as you didn't have a shield up. While storm may need a buff, I personally do not think that it should be something that would unbalance it in comparison to the other schools, like supernova, loremaster, mana burn, and good gear did for balance.
Aaron S-"Shields are the only real defense against storms. Whether or not the mutate is made levels 70+, warlords will still face those with storm elf"

Low level warlords facing high level wizards is a matching system error that needs to be fixed. We cannot limit high level wizards based on the fact that they can possibly face lower levels.

Aaron S-"high levels will still have trouble shielding against storm. Storm's damage is high enough so that, with the ability to remove shields easily, it would almost certainly become overpowered. If storm had a DoT, battling them from second would become near impossible, as they could just DoT and deal half your health as soon as you didn't have a shield up"

Therein lies the crucial point. The DoT would have to be designed in such a way to allow storm to remove shields but not easily. If storm was given a trained 2 pip DoT I agree it wold be overwhelming. However a trained mutate is an entirely different story. A trained mutate would be inhibitory by
-Need twice the number of cards for the same relative number of DoTs(for 4 DoT's storm would need 8 cards)
-Need to have both the unmutated card and the mutate in hand before they could create a DoT(This is exceedingly inhibitory as it requires cluttering your hand and deck while simultaneously making tough discard choices)
-A mid-high pip front loaded DoT is also acceptable since it limits storm's ability to combo and deals the majority of the damage in the initial step.

Aaron S- "While storm may need a buff, I personally do not think that it should be something that would unbalance it in comparison to the other schools, like supernova, loremaster, mana burn, and good gear did for balance."

It took several critical factors(as you pointed out) to overpower balance in this meta. A single well executed DoT is a single factor that would elevate but not overpower storm. If a DoT is unacceptable to you but you acknowledge storm needs a buff what buffs do you have in mind?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
Aaron S-"Shields are the only real defense against storms. Whether or not the mutate is made levels 70+, warlords will still face those with storm elf"

Low level warlords facing high level wizards is a matching system error that needs to be fixed. We cannot limit high level wizards based on the fact that they can possibly face lower levels.

Aaron S-"high levels will still have trouble shielding against storm. Storm's damage is high enough so that, with the ability to remove shields easily, it would almost certainly become overpowered. If storm had a DoT, battling them from second would become near impossible, as they could just DoT and deal half your health as soon as you didn't have a shield up"

Therein lies the crucial point. The DoT would have to be designed in such a way to allow storm to remove shields but not easily. If storm was given a trained 2 pip DoT I agree it wold be overwhelming. However a trained mutate is an entirely different story. A trained mutate would be inhibitory by
-Need twice the number of cards for the same relative number of DoTs(for 4 DoT's storm would need 8 cards)
-Need to have both the unmutated card and the mutate in hand before they could create a DoT(This is exceedingly inhibitory as it requires cluttering your hand and deck while simultaneously making tough discard choices)
-A mid-high pip front loaded DoT is also acceptable since it limits storm's ability to combo and deals the majority of the damage in the initial step.

Aaron S- "While storm may need a buff, I personally do not think that it should be something that would unbalance it in comparison to the other schools, like supernova, loremaster, mana burn, and good gear did for balance."

It took several critical factors(as you pointed out) to overpower balance in this meta. A single well executed DoT is a single factor that would elevate but not overpower storm. If a DoT is unacceptable to you but you acknowledge storm needs a buff what buffs do you have in mind?
The thing is, storm already has pretty good gear (Only thing it lacks significantly is health) and high-damage spells. Balance's utility makes it so that it can do a lot of damage while defending. Storm's damage with a DoT would make it so that it could put so much pressure that it would almost never need to defend, which I find to be unbalanced. Balance is difficult to shut down completely with shields, which is another reason it's so powerful, and if storm could remove shields more easily, its high damage spells could become extremely overpowering. I think that it would be a lot more balanced to give storm an item (i.e. an amulet or a pet) that gives a few mutates, rather than just making the mutate trainable. Another solution could just be to make the storm elf pet give three cards at mega instead of one. This way, storm wouldn't just be able to storm elf, or whatever DoT they would get, every few rounds, making it still realistically possible to shield.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Shadow 343 on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
Lol, funny, Eric. They are exsistant. There is also something I don't understand. Since you aren't going to speak to me, this question is for anyone with a good answer, not just you.

If I understand this correctly, you made a good storm 1v1 tactic on Duelist101. In my opinion, that is a very good plan. Thus then, why is a DoT needed?
I don't mind answering you as I have nothing against you personally. I am just not going to engage you in debate as you simply don't have the knowledge base necessary for a rigorous discussion. The gear you are referring to is a glitched Test Realm item that was corrected long ago and unless your friend is a ki employee he simply does not have 108% pierce gear as it currently does not exist. As for my plan-it is an advanced tactic that requires a huge amount of experience and intuition to pull off. It does not address the very real needs of storm.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
The thing is, storm already has pretty good gear (Only thing it lacks significantly is health) and high-damage spells. Balance's utility makes it so that it can do a lot of damage while defending. Storm's damage with a DoT would make it so that it could put so much pressure that it would almost never need to defend, which I find to be unbalanced. Balance is difficult to shut down completely with shields, which is another reason it's so powerful, and if storm could remove shields more easily, its high damage spells could become extremely overpowering. I think that it would be a lot more balanced to give storm an item (i.e. an amulet or a pet) that gives a few mutates, rather than just making the mutate trainable. Another solution could just be to make the storm elf pet give three cards at mega instead of one. This way, storm wouldn't just be able to storm elf, or whatever DoT they would get, every few rounds, making it still realistically possible to shield.
I wouldn't mind a pet but as it stands now I have high hopes for the jewel system to add storm elf jewels which would be an acceptable solution for all parties.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 2, 2015 wrote:
I don't mind answering you as I have nothing against you personally. I am just not going to engage you in debate as you simply don't have the knowledge base necessary for a rigorous discussion. The gear you are referring to is a glitched Test Realm item that was corrected long ago and unless your friend is a ki employee he simply does not have 108% pierce gear as it currently does not exist. As for my plan-it is an advanced tactic that requires a huge amount of experience and intuition to pull off. It does not address the very real needs of storm.
Hmm, I wouldn't have done that. A man's word is his honor; but whatever. As you know, I am a fairly young player. I have been playing W101 for only three years. Despite that, I have plenty of knowledge about the game; and what it needs. Just listen for a moment.

Eric, from reading all of your posts, I've gathered that you're a fairly intelligent player. You know that the player is the key to the wizard's victory in battle. I know that there are other storms out there who are like you, and these are the people I am speaking directly to. You guys watch storm's side of the game; and have been for a very long time. If y'all find a problem, you try to fix it. This is all good and well, but there is something that I think every person should do, or at least try to do.

You guys do a great job of watching out for storm and doing what you can to boost it; but I think you should watch out for every school. You have to watch out for every school, not just storm. Think about that now. Storm elf would help storms by a lot, but what about the other schools? When you make a decision, think about how it would affect everyone, not just one people; or school in this case. For every action there is a reaction. What would be the reaction of storm elf becoming more common?

Players everywhere would stop PvPing because storm would dominate the first round. (Not like they don't do that already on some occasions though.) There is a balance around the schools that must be kept. Think outside the box and find what would happen to the other schools if storm got a DoT. Tell me what would happen.

Also, I want a good reason why storm elf is a need, not a want by some storm wizard who wants to be the most powerful wizard in the game. If you tell me a real need, I will understand and agree storm needs a DoT. But only then.

I have been convinced to take back my side before; it is not impossible. But i want real information, not selfish reasons. Explain to me.