Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow pip randomness and going second

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
I feel like these are the two biggest issues in pvp right now. Shadow pips and going second. I saw a match where the player going first got 4 shadow pips before the person going second got any. It is literally impossible for the person to win if they are second to someone that gets 4 shadow pips in the first 5 turns. All the person going first had to do was shrike and spam mirage spells. The mirage spells are 4 pips and that makes them easy to spam. 4 pips is way to low a pip cost for a shadow enchanted spell. I feel like shadow pips in pvp shouldnt be random and should be distributed fairly between each player so each player gets the same amount of shadow pips as the other. Also going second, its extremely frustrating to go second and almost impossible to counter schools like fire and storm without a ward pet that can just remove your shield without you having the chance to react because your second and then just use their high damage to one shot you. Fire just has to fire beetle which breaking the shield and leaving 3 traps then ffa for 5000 damage. I think turn based would help solve this issue. Or at least a separate option for turn based ranked pvp.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Going the second isn't a major problem. It's going second and not getting back the extra turn is which is why am proposing that those who are second gets extra turns but both players must start with exact 5 pip at max level and should not exceed this. Only second players should get a double turn. If you want to make it fair remove damage over time from pvp as damage over time is accumulating damage for 4 turns which to be honest in itself isn't fair as well for a turn-based game. And most players know its basically a free turn damage that allows them to shield in defense especially while going first. Shadow pip spell damage has become the norm of max pvp and should not be removed in my opinion but I do believe there should be a shadow lock mode for people who don't want to use shadow spells.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Fred Frost on Jan 29, 2019 wrote:
I feel like these are the two biggest issues in pvp right now. Shadow pips and going second. I saw a match where the player going first got 4 shadow pips before the person going second got any. It is literally impossible for the person to win if they are second to someone that gets 4 shadow pips in the first 5 turns. All the person going first had to do was shrike and spam mirage spells. The mirage spells are 4 pips and that makes them easy to spam. 4 pips is way to low a pip cost for a shadow enchanted spell. I feel like shadow pips in pvp shouldnt be random and should be distributed fairly between each player so each player gets the same amount of shadow pips as the other. Also going second, its extremely frustrating to go second and almost impossible to counter schools like fire and storm without a ward pet that can just remove your shield without you having the chance to react because your second and then just use their high damage to one shot you. Fire just has to fire beetle which breaking the shield and leaving 3 traps then ffa for 5000 damage. I think turn based would help solve this issue. Or at least a separate option for turn based ranked pvp.
Fred, did you look at their gear? the first player might have had shadow-pip chance enhancing gear on.

You might as well say that Ward pets shouldn't be allowed because they reduce the damage one player takes from the same spell as compared with another.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
ChicoValerian on Feb 6, 2019 wrote:
Fred, did you look at their gear? the first player might have had shadow-pip chance enhancing gear on.

You might as well say that Ward pets shouldn't be allowed because they reduce the damage one player takes from the same spell as compared with another.
Ward pets are literally needed because without them ffa is doing 3000, thats half someones health and it leaves traps, then the person gets another shadow and can mirage spell for another 3000 damage. Impossible to beat if you dont get your own shadows and are second. Also if you shield they will just fire beetle for 2 pips and leave not 1 but 3 35% percent traps on you making sure their next hit kills.