Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP with people half my level!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
OK I am a level 31 Fire and today I got bored of questing so I went to the arena for Ranked PVP(4vs.4)after I got in the second sigil I noticed.....that they were all level 48+ because of there badges Legendary and GrandMaster.I know that when there are less matches to join this happens but this has happend earlier to me to once when I was level 18 another when i was 28.Plus they were all kind of cheating I thought tower shields were for Ice only,constant Beliuge and black mantle(sp?)In the end my team lost.
Anyway I went back to questing I was on Mooshoo with a higher level friend I saw a Warlord in a street fighting the monster's moves usually predictable seem to be baffling him He lost ......

So I decided to try again...Ok so almost same situation but this time(2vs.2)Ok I was with a level 28 Myth(we became friends after)so they this time summoned 1 life level 60 Henchman(not cheating)and a Myth level 60(not cheating)I was ok with it then they went with no strategy(no offence)at all when me and my teammate used a Harvest Lord and Humongo Frog they called me and her a noob!,in the end we lost again.What do you think of this is it fair?Agree Disagree,coments welcome thanks also this was not meant to offend anybody!

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Anyone can learn ice school spells in order to get the tower shield with training points, as well as beguile and black mantle. You can also find all three as treasure cards, on items you can equip and some pets also give a tower shield. So no, that would not be cheating.

You also cannot hire henchmen in PvP. You can summon minions (life would be the fairy and myth has several minions, with Minotaur being the most powerful) and the best strategy in that case is to either kill the minion or quickly kill your opponent. Ignoring minions is usually a very bad idea.

As far as them calling you noobs, many players will taunt their opponents as part of their strategy. If they can get you flustered such that you're not concentrating on the spells you're casting, they have a greater chance of winning.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
fairy9111 wrote:
OK I am a level 31 Fire and today I got bored of questing so I went to the arena for Ranked PVP(4vs.4)after I got in the second sigil I noticed.....that they were all level 48+ because of there badges Legendary and GrandMaster.I know that when there are less matches to join this happens but this has happend earlier to me to once when I was level 18 another when i was 28.Plus they were all kind of cheating I thought tower shields were for Ice only,constant Beliuge and black mantle(sp?)In the end my team lost.
Anyway I went back to questing I was on Mooshoo with a higher level friend I saw a Warlord in a street fighting the monster's moves usually predictable seem to be baffling him He lost ......

So I decided to try again...Ok so almost same situation but this time(2vs.2)Ok I was with a level 28 Myth(we became friends after)so they this time summoned 1 life level 60 Henchman(not cheating)and a Myth level 60(not cheating)I was ok with it then they went with no strategy(no offence)at all when me and my teammate used a Harvest Lord and Humongo Frog they called me and her a noob!,in the end we lost again.What do you think of this is it fair?Agree Disagree,coments welcome thanks also this was not meant to offend anybody!

I have the feeling that you are new to ranked PvP, yes?

1) Tower Shield is a must in PvP, I don't even if you are from the hottest magma school of eternal fire... You will still need to go Ice til Tower Shield to PvP pass Sergeant level.

2) Fight higher level in PvP is common place, in fact... I have learnt that USUALLY the higher level players are actually much easier than that level 16 Warlord with Stormzilla pet. When I was on my level 16 Warlord, I always meet like 30+ Privates and it's not unfair (maybe to them, lol).

3) Team PvP is a bit more "chaotic" for the lack of a better word. Sometimes you hit the gold mine where your partner can single-handedly beat down the entire opposition; sometimes you end up with a player who's fighting like it's regular boss fight.

I also noticed that you said the other guy's team had no "strategy" because they had no "offence"? The majority of good PvP'er spend the first few turn gaining an advantage and THEN they push the advantage systematically to a sound victory. You can't just Wand-Blade-Spell, Wand-Blade-Spell, rinse and repeat then hope to kill your opponent that way.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
I really do think they should make it at a fair level for each player. It doesn't seem fair that a level 18 should have to be destroyed by a level 50+ player who has really good cards. And, I am not trying to say that some players have a great advantage or are cheating but, when you face an opponent that has I swear this guy had 17 tower shields appear in a PvP I had with him. I really don't think its possible to have that many in a persons deck. There should be a limit on certain cards in a persons deck. Consisting of shield cards, monsters and life healing cards etc. They should make rank matches more on a persons achievements and level.