Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP ruined

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
I have no idea what you all have done to PVP, but it is totally ruined. Stop with the penalties on critical for one. If someone with a 455 critical gets blocked by someone with a 100 critical block, that is purely insane. A lot of us worked hard to get our pets with the benefits of having critical to be given a penalty past a certain level. Leave peoples stats alone. Let us fight with what we have. Second make the playing field more level for all. Think of Nascar. It's all about planning and preparation. Decrease storm hit and critical slightly and give them more health. As it is now storm is lucky to make it past 1 or 2 rounds in any pvp battle unless they are against ice. I used to spend my days in ranked pvp, now I do not even bother as it is such a joke and such short battles.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
Additionally, it's so not fun to pvp someone with Shadow Magic when the other player does not have it. I don't mind people complaining that someone spams or someone shields or someone heals, but to put up shields and look across and see someone with a Shadow Magic pip, it's almost pointless. You may want to think about putting a rank pvp for like people. Shadow Magic players vs Shadow Magic players only. And Ice wizards with Storm and Fire Immune x sigh x. And no Shadow Magic on top of that. What a useless battle. Don't get me wrong, I try. To no avail. But I don't give up. I use what's in my deck and do what I can. Like the previous player wrote, pvp is so not fun anymore.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
Ruined, I dont think so, changed to a great deal, I would say "Yes".
The pace of the game at 95 is very, very fast, and the shuffle can made
a huge difference, imo.
I think it's the fast pace that has everyone shocked, and that is why
it's seems ruined.
It's seems like a vertical climb at times, and certainly makes it hard
when the game changes at such a fast pace.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
MrWizard069 on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
I have no idea what you all have done to PVP, but it is totally ruined. Stop with the penalties on critical for one. If someone with a 455 critical gets blocked by someone with a 100 critical block, that is purely insane. A lot of us worked hard to get our pets with the benefits of having critical to be given a penalty past a certain level. Leave peoples stats alone. Let us fight with what we have. Second make the playing field more level for all. Think of Nascar. It's all about planning and preparation. Decrease storm hit and critical slightly and give them more health. As it is now storm is lucky to make it past 1 or 2 rounds in any pvp battle unless they are against ice. I used to spend my days in ranked pvp, now I do not even bother as it is such a joke and such short battles.
Necromantic facepalm!
If anything, penalties on the crit and block stats are actually a good thing, lower levels can have better crit with the same gear. This helps balance the arena. It is perfectly fair for 455 crit to be stopped by 100 block. First, block percent is always going to be greater than crit with the same ratings. Just how it is. Second, the rate of blocking crits is dependent on how much critical percent you are against in the first place. The chance of blocking a crit is Crit%/Block%. For example, if you have 20% crit chance and I have 10% block chance, I will block 50% of your crits. Third, randomness is random. If your opponent has ANY crit block, there is a chance to block your crit no matter your crit rating. As for your idea to alter all the schools, I laugh at you. Storm is the glass cannon school. It does lots of damage but has low HP and accuracy. Ice has high resist and HP, but very low damage. The whole point of having different schools is they each have their own advantages and drawbacks.

Kane WildThief, level 70 Necromancer

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
one of the only reasons that pvp is ruiened( besides something some one mentioned ) is all of the new updates is making pvp a little out of controll, so its falling apart from what it used to be and the more glichers/hackers and updates, the more pvp is broken and whan i mean broken i mean messed up. ( and can someone explain why the match up thing thought it was a good idea fo a lvl 70 death to go against a lvl 90 life?)

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
MrWizard069 on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
I agree with most of that today I was pvp ii have 500 critical I kept getting blocked by a guy with 88 block and they the next match this myth with 110 critical got threw my block and my block is 130 that's just crazy and I am storm and I cannot even get past the 1 or 2nd round without dying 3 rounds max if fizzle that's just not fair I think all together hades gear ruined pvp..

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Sorry but it is ruined. You hardly ever see 4v4 ranked matches anymore. Shadow magic in my opinion has nothing to do with it. I was recently in a match and could not believe someone with a 70 critical block was blocking me 3 out of 4 times, and my balance has a 455 critical. Lower levels should not be fighting a level 95 to begin with. Only multiple pvp matches you see now are magus wizards. Everyone has start new account and stopped at lower levels (60 and below) so all the penalties are not effecting them. I used to spend my days in ranked multiple pvp. Now will not even touch it.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Robobot1747 on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
Necromantic facepalm!
If anything, penalties on the crit and block stats are actually a good thing, lower levels can have better crit with the same gear. This helps balance the arena. It is perfectly fair for 455 crit to be stopped by 100 block. First, block percent is always going to be greater than crit with the same ratings. Just how it is. Second, the rate of blocking crits is dependent on how much critical percent you are against in the first place. The chance of blocking a crit is Crit%/Block%. For example, if you have 20% crit chance and I have 10% block chance, I will block 50% of your crits. Third, randomness is random. If your opponent has ANY crit block, there is a chance to block your crit no matter your crit rating. As for your idea to alter all the schools, I laugh at you. Storm is the glass cannon school. It does lots of damage but has low HP and accuracy. Ice has high resist and HP, but very low damage. The whole point of having different schools is they each have their own advantages and drawbacks.

Kane WildThief, level 70 Necromancer
level up before you comment on something you have no knowledge of.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
MrWizard069 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
Last time I checked, criticals and blocks are introduced at level 50. He is a level 70 Necromancer, perfectly acquainted with the system. He also seems to know what he is talking about; for one, I never knew the percentage of blocking was like that. You call that not having knowledge of the blocking system?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sorry but it is ruined. You hardly ever see 4v4 ranked matches anymore. Shadow magic in my opinion has nothing to do with it. I was recently in a match and could not believe someone with a 70 critical block was blocking me 3 out of 4 times, and my balance has a 455 critical. Lower levels should not be fighting a level 95 to begin with. Only multiple pvp matches you see now are magus wizards. Everyone has start new account and stopped at lower levels (60 and below) so all the penalties are not effecting them. I used to spend my days in ranked multiple pvp. Now will not even touch it.
Critical/Block are more beneficial at lower levels. As wizards go up in levels, their critical and block chances go down slightly every 10 levels. For example, the Skyscream Hood (Storm Waterworks Hat), gives you 17% of critical at level 60. By the time you are level 90 that same hat gives you 14% chance. A 25 block at level 60 is 7%, by level 90 that 25 is only 3%.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I could not stand it when pvp matches took an hour - or more! PvP is fixed! Thank goodness. Quick and deadly, just the way it should be. Yay!

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
PVP is fine guys I have 2 warlords 1 ice 1 life and its easy so plz stop complaining because you lose
There is nothing wrong with pvp other than the poor sportsmanship . The critical is random the block is
random. Deal with it

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
My info about crit/block comes from Duelist101. If you call them wrong, it is you who has no knowledge.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
1st age pvp was fair cause you face your own lvl not based on your pvp rank. so if i was a lvl 5 commander i could face a lvl 5 private or warlord. as for second age pvp, depending on your rank you will have to go up against people nearly 3 times your lvl!

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
DustinDeathShield on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
1st age pvp was fair cause you face your own lvl not based on your pvp rank. so if i was a lvl 5 commander i could face a lvl 5 private or warlord. as for second age pvp, depending on your rank you will have to go up against people nearly 3 times your lvl!
That is not true. When I did pvp in the first age, I still often got paired with much higher levels.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
kspirtweaver1996 on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Pvp is fine
Kspirtweaver1996 has got it, it's fine, super fast paced now, but fine.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Veracity8 on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Kspirtweaver1996 has got it, it's fine, super fast paced now, but fine.
Ty

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
kspirtweaver1996 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Ty
In all of your posts, you have failed to give a reason as to why any of the things said do not make pvp messed up...Critical is very overpowered currently. My level 50 and 61 warlords often fight players with 400+ critical. Both of my characters have around 120 block. Even with conviction, I hardly ever block. I don't understand how anyone can think that it's fair for a storm to do 3000 damage with kraken through 2 shields and 51% resist with no blades..

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
In all of your posts, you have failed to give a reason as to why any of the things said do not make pvp messed up...Critical is very overpowered currently. My level 50 and 61 warlords often fight players with 400+ critical. Both of my characters have around 120 block. Even with conviction, I hardly ever block. I don't understand how anyone can think that it's fair for a storm to do 3000 damage with kraken through 2 shields and 51% resist with no blades..
Aaron,

PVP is different, and much harder, but is it messed up, depends on your perspective.
I fight players with over 500 critical, and my block is 286, and it hits me three or four times
in a row. Does that seem messed up, when I die in two or sometimes three rounds?

Is it fair that a Wild Bolt can do 2500 on the first hit, when it criticals?
All of this is not fair, but fair has nothing to do with PVP, not sure it ever has.
Does it not being fair mean that it's messed up, I guess that depends on the way
you think.

I look at it from this view, these are the cards that I am dealt and these are the cards I
have to play with.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
skull98oo on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:
one of the only reasons that pvp is ruiened( besides something some one mentioned ) is all of the new updates is making pvp a little out of controll, so its falling apart from what it used to be and the more glichers/hackers and updates, the more pvp is broken and whan i mean broken i mean messed up. ( and can someone explain why the match up thing thought it was a good idea fo a lvl 70 death to go against a lvl 90 life?)
If you are a warlord it's pretty fair to me. Most warlords or rank players have to fight higher lvl wizards.

I don't think its fair to fight against tc user that are 20 lvl under because death doesn't need to do tc minus blade on me because there spell damage is a lot stronger then the balance wizard

Amy lvl 92 Please make rank pvp fair for once. If you do I will be happy. And warlords please stop calling private noob you are acting like brats.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
AmberRavenSong7 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
I could not stand it when pvp matches took an hour - or more! PvP is fixed! Thank goodness. Quick and deadly, just the way it should be. Yay!

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord
That is wrong

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I wish Kingsisle would release a food-chain, chart. Ice winning all 1v1 trades. life assisting with 4v4's. storm and death owning 2v2 trades. I wish I could be a necromancer and still be a tank like the ice wizards, so that 1v1 would be fair for me. I have gear and strategy, but then a storm comes across, making systematic errors and still conquering me in 1v1. This pvp is rigged for favoritism. I play to customize my home now; & even then they create better items for ice. ;) snowglobe. -Brandon Nightcaster, 91 private necromancer -Dierdre silverblood. warlord level 5

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
kspirtweaver1996 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
PVP is fine guys I have 2 warlords 1 ice 1 life and its easy so plz stop complaining because you lose
There is nothing wrong with pvp other than the poor sportsmanship . The critical is random the block is
random. Deal with it
whatever, because i lose is why i made this post. grow up, and make a point would ya.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
Good point. Exactly on of the things I was referring to.