Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Can somebody tell me why KI has it set up so that if we lose a pvp match we lose ranked rating I really don't think this fair because some matches are just impossible to win and we still lose points.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
This might seem counter-intuitive, but people do Ranked PvP simply because they might lose rank. Nothing is more engaging then having something you believe you have to defend. When you make it so a person has something to defend (rank), they will try very, very hard not to lose it. For KI, this translates to increased profits, because players will hatch more, get more snacks, get more packs, create more characters.

If you aren't satisfied with the ranking system, there is a practice PvP that doesn't log stats like rank. You can play purely for fun.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Well- you're doing ranked matches that are more harder and complicated than practice matches. I think it's fair. Practicing is a great way to sorta just practice before you try ranked ones.