Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp not fare for players under grandmster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
Ok so maybe there are some masters or lower that are good at pvp but you see i don't like it that you duel people that are higher level then you. It is getting annoying dieing and dieing and dieing again Don't you think they should set you up with a fare match

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
You Can't guarentee that someone who is your exact level, and your exact rank is pvping the same time you are. To be honest i would much rather have a PvP match that might not be completely in my favor than no match at all.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
You Can't guarentee that someone who is your exact level, and your exact rank is pvping the same time you are. To be honest i would much rather have a PvP match that might not be completely in my favor than no match at all.

He is right, but the system should be a bit more fair sometimes....
Even so, I agree, an unfair match is better than none at all.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I am a level 48 pyromancer, and I used to be warlord, but now I hover in the commander ranking. That is because now I only play legendary wizards in PvP, and often times they have a good rank like Captain. How can someone my level combat the critical hits, which come quite often?

Yes, I could train Conviction, but that works for only 4 turns and who knows if you will even get it in your hand to begin with? There needs to be a way for us lower level wizards with high PvP rank to combat criticals, because I simply have to stop playing PvP until I am a high enough rank to get some critical blocking gear.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
I don't agree. My second wizard is a level 16 balance and PvP is fine. Every match is different, and they are all fair. Try changing your strategy.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
dragonlad1230 wrote:
Ok so maybe there are some masters or lower that are good at pvp but you see i don't like it that you duel people that are higher level then you. It is getting annoying dieing and dieing and dieing again Don't you think they should set you up with a fare match

Dragonlad,

If you are dying more than 50% of the time, you don't understand the game, or your not putting in the time into understanding pvp.
Do you now all the spells of the other wizards, how much they hit and what they do. How many treasure cards do you have, and is your side deck full.
How many training points do you have and what have you used them on.

I can go on and on, but you need to understand that many that PvP spend a lot of time on this game. The gain a lot of gold so they can craft, buy treasure cards, buy better gear, etc. Many buy crown gear, crown pets, and spend a lot of time training them. Many hatch pets over and over to get a pet that has what they want.

PvP is not a simple game, like the rest of Wizard101, it is much much harder. You are fighting another person, that may know much more than you. A person that may have played the game for a long time. A person that may have spent a lot of money and time on the game.

So when you say you are tired of dying, you should not be in ranked PvP (if you are).
Move over to the other side, the unranked side where it doesn't matter if you win or lose and practice. Keep practicing, studying and reading, until you start to win. After you start to win about 75% of your matches, then you are ready to move over to the ranked side.

Joseph LionHunter,
Joe.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
dragonlad1230 wrote:

Dragonlad,

If you are dying more than 50% of the time, you don't understand the game, or your not putting in the time into understanding pvp.
Do you now all the spells of the other wizards, how much they hit and what they do. How many treasure cards do you have, and is your side deck full.
How many training points do you have and what have you used them on.

I can go on and on, but you need to understand that many that PvP spend a lot of time on this game. The gain a lot of gold so they can craft, buy treasure cards, buy better gear, etc. Many buy crown gear, crown pets, and spend a lot of time training them. Many hatch pets over and over to get a pet that has what they want.

PvP is not a simple game, like the rest of Wizard101, it is much much harder. You are fighting another person, that may know much more than you. A person that may have played the game for a long time. A person that may have spent a lot of money and time on the game.

So when you say you are tired of dying, you should not be in ranked PvP (if you are).
Move over to the other side, the unranked side where it doesn't matter if you win or lose and practice. Keep practicing, studying and reading, until you start to win. After you start to win about 75% of your matches, then you are ready to move over to the ranked side.

Joseph LionHunter,
Joe.
Although the OP might require a little more practice it will not change his situation or concerns with the arena. he will still get matched up with wizards higher in level than him in a way he feels is unfair. His only hope of getting a balanced fight under the system in ranked arena is to go to legend, plain and simple.