Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP life vs death.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I used to suck at PvP but now I'm pretty good at it. The only thing I would have to say is that when I'm fighting death I pretty much know that I am not going to when the battle.Can anyone help me with fighting death, maybe give me some good tips. I've tried not attacking just healing, but after I came back alive 10 times I died.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
What level, and what is your deck setup? Usually with death, they keep stealing your life back to full health, shielding, and using your minions to their abuse. (Bladestack + Attack minion = Back to full health) or is it doom and gloom?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
guess my post didnt show so i will post again lol. worry not my friend ill help you out with level 90 life wisdom.
put shields, blades, and attack spells to your liking. ill help with the rest.
when fighting a death type its best not to know just their weakness, but also their strengths. for example, they get health by attacking you with heavy blows and absorbing your hp. then they normally use gloom to stop you from healing. so put some sanctuarys in your deck. always find one and keep it in your hand at all times. try to use guardian sprite asap too. when you die make sure gloom isnt active. use sanctuary before you die. and if you have a -50% heal dont worry it goes away when dead. always have a triage in hand. you never know when he might use that death dragon or lvl 88 spell. now when attacking, always save more pips then you actually need! you never know if you will need a follow up attack to finish him or a quick fairy to heal. so always have 3 pips above your spell you wish to cast. plus it may confuse him. "thought he was gonna gnome?!" and he could waste a life dispel. if he uses gloom and u know you can get his health down easily. let him use it. remember he cant heal either. just shield a lot so he cant absorb health. when you need health use sanctuary and heal. dont use overtime healing spells! many know snowdrift. which takes your overtime and gives it to them. always have a fairy in hand! 100% is good to know! have a life wand. whats worse? -25% curse to your spell or -70%? and have the best spell in deck too. the first spell you get! XD i use the elf man to get rid of those shields too. they never see it comming haha. hope this helps my friend and those death wizards better watch out when they see you from now on!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Adding on to shadow (even though I disagree with the minion idea), watch their pips. Once they waste their pips, and you have a ton, (This works for me against death, as a fire) use whatever bladestacked strategy you have or spam your attacks so that they keep having to push against you, but do not let them get the upper hand. Keep yourself with more pips with them.
Yes, easier said then done, but what else can you do?

I'll put it this way:
I use small pip attacks against Fire, Storm, Myth, and Balance.
I use my bladestack strategy against Death, Ice, and Life.
Why bladestack those? They can easily heal back up. Whereas the other 4, unless turtling, cannot.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
dadriana on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
I used to suck at PvP but now I'm pretty good at it. The only thing I would have to say is that when I'm fighting death I pretty much know that I am not going to when the battle.Can anyone help me with fighting death, maybe give me some good tips. I've tried not attacking just healing, but after I came back alive 10 times I died.
trust me yo we necromancers have problems fighting life. they love wearing masteries like death and myth so they won't lose that many pips when they sacrifice doom and gloom or earthquake. and most of them use guardian spirit. i know you used it like 10 times and still died but it would be easier if you used guardian spirit while close to full health and shielded because even with GS you are leaving yourself wide open like that so that is my advise lol (Blaze Moonmender promethean)