Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp Legend Boosting! Outrageous!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
25
Ok, this is getting outrageous! Level 1-5 people are teaming up with Legendaries so the Legends can fight people between 30-10! Ok, we stand no chance! I have lost a hundred plus points due to this! K.I. Please make the system match players that a Legend can't fight a non-Legend! People are abusing this sytem and now the only safe form of PvP is 1v1, but in 1v1, it will match a level 10 with a level 40! So even that isn't fair. I'm not sure if it is a bug, but this is totally unfair! A legend can kill us no problem turn 3, Ra, Forest Lord, Dragon, Scarecrow, Snow Angel, Tempest, Earthquake! Their boosts make it unbelieveable to us, and we can't block their ever-so-often criticals. I have a Legendary, but I know this is unfair, and I dont do it. My friend even reported a person for doing this, and I agree, to abuse the system to easily rank is unfair! 75&% of the 2v2 I do are Legendaries and a Novice. Please K.I., do something to fix this!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
Well it seems by now everyone knows that in those kind of level ranges 2v2 is like a wilderness or a danger area lol and that is how I think they should avoid that. However with the level 10s going against level 40s i really feel no sympathy for them at all, they weren't complaining when they were privates using crowns gear, really high level pets, and treasures to pick on new players with lower levels to get to a high rank and get the commander gear. And those new players never complained they take the loss. And then when the warlord is fighting higher levels and losing they complain and tell the game to fix it. It really isn't right lol.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
77
Well, best thing I can say, if you don't like it, don't play team PvP! It's not hard to avoid these situations!

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
143
Yes, KI, please create a level match option or something. I got matched up with Legendaries who WENT FIRST and struck me with Wild Bolt and then a Leviathan. AAAAAAAGGGHHH!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
25
RosamaryH wrote:
Well, best thing I can say, if you don't like it, don't play team PvP! It's not hard to avoid these situations!


That's true, I did stop doing 2v2. However I am on to take the loss and not complain, unless I see it over and over again....

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
172
KI you should make the level ranges like there is in practice pvp so then it's fair to every level!

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
747
LordFireWizard7 wrote:
Ok, this is getting outrageous! Level 1-5 people are teaming up with Legendaries so the Legends can fight people between 30-10! Ok, we stand no chance!


yeah it needs to be fixed

but

um

my level 17 warlord gets matched 1v1 against legends all the time and half of the time, he wins.

You stand plenty of chance.

But it is broke Ranked pvp is seriously broken and needs to be totally redesigned from the ground up.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
202
avhop567 wrote:
KI you should make the level ranges like there is in practice pvp so then it's fair to every level!


Now this is the best post i've ever seen about PvP yet,and I agree with you a 100%,

M.RedBlood Death


Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
not only does the player vs player matching need to be redone from the ground up but this being able to stack blades and one shot people for over 3K to 4K needs to stop it is rediculous i am a level 54 fighting level 25-30s and all they do is stack blades and wait for there one card so they can one shot me and being life and only having 2.6K HP and 27% resist to every school i have 70 games won and 75 lost its strange when i was a lower level say 15 i was doing battles and winning because i could heal and i picked up fire elf and was doing damage over time while healing i did not use treasure cards only my spells and then i started getting match with people using treasures and whent from knight back down to private in just 10 games

1 ban treasures from arena

2 max the damage any one spell can do to 2K max with blades and traps combine no one should be one shotting any one thats not even compitition
or increase our HP or increase our resistance

3 you need to make match making based on every 10 lvls and also based on ranked privates should never be fighting a warlord or commander
it should be private sarg then knight commander then warlord and not only that but you should limit the ranks to sertan lvls there should never be a warlord below 60 nor a commander below 50 further more there are spells that need to be banned from ranked pvp such as judgment or any other spell that can one shot some one pvp is about compitition not an easy way out

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
I think each one of you are wrong, PVP is fine the way it is, you just don't understand the game. Let me give you an example.....
I hope Sariana1337 doesn't mind, I want to use her post as the example.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not only does the player vs player matching need to be redone from the ground up but this being able to stack blades and one shot people for over 3K to 4K needs to stop it is rediculous i am a level 54 fighting level 25-30s and all they do is stack blades and wait for there one card so they can one shot me and being life and only having 2.6K HP and 27% resist to every school

Reply#1 - No the matching is fine, I seldom get matched against someone way out of my Rank, but then I only stay in the Que for 2 mintues, and then drop out.
You are staying in for a longer period of time I bet, and this causes you to get into battles that you don't want.
If players are stacking Blade after Blade, this is your fault, you should be countering it. If you are not, then you need to look at how to counter it, there are many many ways to do so. Life has access to all of the treasure cards and pets that that it needs.

i have 70 games won and 75 lost its strange when i was a lower level say 15 i was doing battles and winning because i could heal and i picked up fire elf and was doing damage over time while healing i did not use treasure cards only my spells and then i started getting match with people using treasures and whent from knight back down to private in just 10 games

Reply#2 - Life is well known to do very good at the low levels. Lots of people keep their Life down at the Level 1 to 5 and often become Warlords.
So Life is very good at the low levels, but as you move up, other Wizards become stronger in different ranges, this is just the way PvP is.
The entire problem is with your play, everyone ueses Treasure cards, and if you are not, then you will lose, it's that simple.


1 ban treasures from arena
## No reason at all to do this, everyone has access to them, so it's fair.

2 max the damage any one spell can do to 2K max with blades and traps combine no one should be one shotting any one thats not even compitition
or increase our HP or increase our resistance

## No reason to do this, if you don't know how to defend yourself, then you should lose. Sorry, but if you go into the Areana, it is not PVE, and should not be played like that.

3 you need to make match making based on every 10 lvls and also based on ranked privates should never be fighting a warlord or commander

## Can't do this, it would make it very unfair once you locked in a Skilled player with very unskilled players. Remember, some of these players have played the game a long time, and have a skill set that far exceeds the average player. As a player moves up, he should get to a point where he is player harder players. This is exactly what the game does, and should do.

it should be private sarg then knight commander then warlord and not only that but you should limit the ranks to sertan lvls there should never be a warlord below 60 nor a commander below 50 further more there are spells that need to be banned from ranked pvp such as judgment or any other spell that can one shot some one pvp is about compitition not an easy way out

## So you are willing to put a highly skilled player, that can dump a ton of money into crown gear, that has a many ways to make their player better than yours, etc, locked into your level. No better way to have a player go to Warlord on easy street, big mistake. You don't understand why KI set the game this way, but yet you want it changed.

I think you and the other posters really need to sit down and try to understand what problems you will create before you ask for them.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
Lion359 wrote:
I think each one of you are wrong, PVP is fine the way it is, you just don't understand the game. Let me give you an example.....
I hope Sariana1337 doesn't mind, I want to use her post as the example.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not only does the player vs player matching need to be redone from the ground up but this being able to stack blades and one shot people for over 3K to 4K needs to stop it is rediculous i am a level 54 fighting level 25-30s and all they do is stack blades and wait for there one card so they can one shot me and being life and only having 2.6K HP and 27% resist to every school

Reply#1 - No the matching is fine, I seldom get matched against someone way out of my Rank, but then I only stay in the Que for 2 mintues, and then drop out.
You are staying in for a longer period of time I bet, and this causes you to get into battles that you don't want.
If players are stacking Blade after Blade, this is your fault, you should be countering it. If you are not, then you need to look at how to counter it, there are many many ways to do so. Life has access to all of the treasure cards and pets that that it needs.

i have 70 games won and 75 lost its strange when i was a lower level say 15 i was doing battles and winning because i could heal and i picked up fire elf and was doing damage over time while healing i did not use treasure cards only my spells and then i started getting match with people using treasures and whent from knight back down to private in just 10 games

Reply#2 - Life is well known to do very good at the low levels. Lots of people keep their Life down at the Level 1 to 5 and often become Warlords.
So Life is very good at the low levels, but as you move up, other Wizards become stronger in different ranges, this is just the way PvP is.
The entire problem is with your play, everyone ueses Treasure cards, and if you are not, then you will lose, it's that simple.


1 ban treasures from arena
## No reason at all to do this, everyone has access to them, so it's fair.

2 max the damage any one spell can do to 2K max with blades and traps combine no one should be one shotting any one thats not even compitition
or increase our HP or increase our resistance

## No reason to do this, if you don't know how to defend yourself, then you should lose. Sorry, but if you go into the Areana, it is not PVE, and should not be played like that.

3 you need to make match making based on every 10 lvls and also based on ranked privates should never be fighting a warlord or commander

## Can't do this, it would make it very unfair once you locked in a Skilled player with very unskilled players. Remember, some of these players have played the game a long time, and have a skill set that far exceeds the average player. As a player moves up, he should get to a point where he is player harder players. This is exactly what the game does, and should do.

it should be private sarg then knight commander then warlord and not only that but you should limit the ranks to sertan lvls there should never be a warlord below 60 nor a commander below 50 further more there are spells that need to be banned from ranked pvp such as judgment or any other spell that can one shot some one pvp is about compitition not an easy way out

## So you are willing to put a highly skilled player, that can dump a ton of money into crown gear, that has a many ways to make their player better than yours, etc, locked into your level. No better way to have a player go to Warlord on easy street, big mistake. You don't understand why KI set the game this way, but yet you want it changed.

I think you and the other posters really need to sit down and try to understand what problems you will create before you ask for them.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.


Ok Joe.

PvP is not fair as it impossible to have a fair system the way the game works out. Every school is different, every school has an ability that a different school will not have. There for it is not completely fair which guarentees complainers. However, the game balances itself out, every has a chance to win, everyone has the ability to win, and from what I have seen most complaints could have been avoided had they played right.

But to my own opinion to say PvP is perfect and fair is completely wrong. The message boards have to realize that Wizard101 is some what of a newer game it has only been around for 3 Years. So to have a complete conservative view and to just always say oh well it is fine the way it is. Could put a huge halt on any progress this game has, which is why KI does change things because they want the game to be fun and to keep going and have many more years of running. So while most of these are just complaints because they can't win, some are actually well proven points and deserve to be at least recognized as such. To creat the most fair system out of an imperfect system we need to understand problems in PvP. And all true warlords or PvPers I would hope would support the great good for all PvP. Like non of this low level stuff applies to me i'm strictly Legendary Warlord and only fight legendaries. But that doesn't mean I'm going to say because it doesn't apply to me that it is not a problem at all.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
120
Lion359 wrote:
I think each one of you are wrong, PVP is fine the way it is, you just don't understand the game. Let me give you an example.....
I hope Sariana1337 doesn't mind, I want to use her post as the example.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not only does the player vs player matching need to be redone from the ground up but this being able to stack blades and one shot people for over 3K to 4K needs to stop it is rediculous i am a level 54 fighting level 25-30s and all they do is stack blades and wait for there one card so they can one shot me and being life and only having 2.6K HP and 27% resist to every school

Reply#1 - No the matching is fine, I seldom get matched against someone way out of my Rank, but then I only stay in the Que for 2 mintues, and then drop out.
You are staying in for a longer period of time I bet, and this causes you to get into battles that you don't want.
If players are stacking Blade after Blade, this is your fault, you should be countering it. If you are not, then you need to look at how to counter it, there are many many ways to do so. Life has access to all of the treasure cards and pets that that it needs.

i have 70 games won and 75 lost its strange when i was a lower level say 15 i was doing battles and winning because i could heal and i picked up fire elf and was doing damage over time while healing i did not use treasure cards only my spells and then i started getting match with people using treasures and whent from knight back down to private in just 10 games

Reply#2 - Life is well known to do very good at the low levels. Lots of people keep their Life down at the Level 1 to 5 and often become Warlords.
So Life is very good at the low levels, but as you move up, other Wizards become stronger in different ranges, this is just the way PvP is.
The entire problem is with your play, everyone ueses Treasure cards, and if you are not, then you will lose, it's that simple.


1 ban treasures from arena
## No reason at all to do this, everyone has access to them, so it's fair.

2 max the damage any one spell can do to 2K max with blades and traps combine no one should be one shotting any one thats not even compitition
or increase our HP or increase our resistance

## No reason to do this, if you don't know how to defend yourself, then you should lose. Sorry, but if you go into the Areana, it is not PVE, and should not be played like that.

3 you need to make match making based on every 10 lvls and also based on ranked privates should never be fighting a warlord or commander

## Can't do this, it would make it very unfair once you locked in a Skilled player with very unskilled players. Remember, some of these players have played the game a long time, and have a skill set that far exceeds the average player. As a player moves up, he should get to a point where he is player harder players. This is exactly what the game does, and should do.

it should be private sarg then knight commander then warlord and not only that but you should limit the ranks to sertan lvls there should never be a warlord below 60 nor a commander below 50 further more there are spells that need to be banned from ranked pvp such as judgment or any other spell that can one shot some one pvp is about compitition not an easy way out

## So you are willing to put a highly skilled player, that can dump a ton of money into crown gear, that has a many ways to make their player better than yours, etc, locked into your level. No better way to have a player go to Warlord on easy street, big mistake. You don't understand why KI set the game this way, but yet you want it changed.

I think you and the other posters really need to sit down and try to understand what problems you will create before you ask for them.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.


Joe i totallly agree. people complain too much, and all of these things are available to everybody.