Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp Is Great

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2016
23
Dude I am a war lord with 2000 ranking. Pvp is great. Life could not be any better. I hope I gave you guys motivation to try to do pvp.

Geographer
Feb 12, 2015
865
Sorry, but I'm not going for it until several key issues are fixed.

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
721
Nextgenpowerblast on Apr 25, 2019 wrote:
Dude I am a war lord with 2000 ranking. Pvp is great. Life could not be any better. I hope I gave you guys motivation to try to do pvp.
Nice sarcasm! 2000 ranking is so easy to get if you either play ice fire or balance with ward pets.
The state of the things is so hysterically down hill its not even worth the effort trying(max pvp btw)

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
120
Nextgenpowerblast on Apr 25, 2019 wrote:
Dude I am a war lord with 2000 ranking. Pvp is great. Life could not be any better. I hope I gave you guys motivation to try to do pvp.
How is rank pvp great for you?

And what wizards do you have that are 2,000 rating?

I'm just curious is all.

Samantha lvl 128

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
1005
Hero
Sep 30, 2018
721
Barbie934m on May 15, 2019 wrote:
How is rank pvp great for you?

And what wizards do you have that are 2,000 rating?

I'm just curious is all.

Samantha lvl 128
I think he was just being sarcastic due to not really having a subject put into a context. Seems like a troll post to me.
most 2k rating players if you check the leader board are low level players.

Survivor
May 16, 2010
5
I agree fire ice and balance are broken and I do exalt fire PvP but you’re honestly missing a school completely life is one of the most broken schools yet critical satyrs do 3.4 for 4 pips. It’s one of the many reasons I’ve hit a stone wall at 1800 rank on my fire you can’t complain about power house PvP schools and leave one out.

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
721
Cody bluestone on Jun 13, 2019 wrote:
I agree fire ice and balance are broken and I do exalt fire PvP but you’re honestly missing a school completely life is one of the most broken schools yet critical satyrs do 3.4 for 4 pips. It’s one of the many reasons I’ve hit a stone wall at 1800 rank on my fire you can’t complain about power house PvP schools and leave one out.
And ill argue your point on that not everyone runs high critical on life. Max you can attain is 70% with decent damage so lets not even go there. Another thing to add is that satyr is a none aggressive type spell and doesn't stops your opponent momentum. I've been through matches praying i would crit a satyr and that doesn't happen because am sitting on a 33% critical. Life just got back it the meta because of crit and if anything its something they badly needed being sitting at rank 4 in the last years mirage meta. Life still lacks damage bubble control and actual dot which makes them really blade reliant. Life is also susceptible to high damage full offensive fires, ice, and balance even storm can create problems for life if they land a max wild bolt. The only other thing keeping life in the meta is guardian spirit which in my honest opinion should be limit to 1 use in pvp but should have a guarantee critical on heal to be able to come back with enough hp to counter play if that's even allowed, because what would be the point of using it to begin with right? Am fully fine if it was perm-ban from pvp as long as they can compensate life with damage control bubble and dot spell which would make them similar to ice just on the healing path.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
95
angellifeheart on Jun 14, 2019 wrote:
And ill argue your point on that not everyone runs high critical on life. Max you can attain is 70% with decent damage so lets not even go there. Another thing to add is that satyr is a none aggressive type spell and doesn't stops your opponent momentum. I've been through matches praying i would crit a satyr and that doesn't happen because am sitting on a 33% critical. Life just got back it the meta because of crit and if anything its something they badly needed being sitting at rank 4 in the last years mirage meta. Life still lacks damage bubble control and actual dot which makes them really blade reliant. Life is also susceptible to high damage full offensive fires, ice, and balance even storm can create problems for life if they land a max wild bolt. The only other thing keeping life in the meta is guardian spirit which in my honest opinion should be limit to 1 use in pvp but should have a guarantee critical on heal to be able to come back with enough hp to counter play if that's even allowed, because what would be the point of using it to begin with right? Am fully fine if it was perm-ban from pvp as long as they can compensate life with damage control bubble and dot spell which would make them similar to ice just on the healing path.
Your right not every life runs a high critical strategy or jade gears strategy. However that doesn't change the fact the MOST life players DO run those strategies.

It's just like when death had juju before the nerf. Not every death ran a juju jade strategy. But MOST of the people who played max level death DID. So it got nerfed and people who played offensive death did suffer pretty much a loss of a good spell if they played offensively. But for every 10 death players you encountered 9 would be juju jade and one would be offensive. When you took the part of the community that played death as a whole 90% of the time juju strategy won out so something needed to be done.

Whether or not you as a person run a critical, guardian, or jade strategy does not change the fact that life as a whole is in fact a powerhouse school in the current meta for max level pvp. Whether or not every life player runs these strategies does not change that life is currently a powerhouse thx to these strategies. Just like my example above if you face 10 life players in pvp in a day 9 out of 10 of them will be running the overpowered guardian spam, jade gear, and critical healing. The people who play life school in the community as a whole 90% of the time are currently powerhouses with strategies that there is almost no way to combat unless you are in fact a powerhouse yourself (balance, ice, fire) and have lots of patience.

Just because Satyr is a non-aggressive spell doesn't mean it won't stop an opponents momentum either. People who run the critical healing strategy will go from being almost dead to fully healed with 2 power pips from this. Many times I've seen someone set up their spells for a combo that will win them the match, except between one hit and the next the life wiz will critical heal back to full health, which is usually very high thx to things like jade gear. Suddenly the other wiz has no pips and then loses because they can't pull off enough damage fast enough to stop the life wiz from doing something like caterpillar and boom life wiz wins. (note: just an example of what I've seen happen might not have been the exact spell used to win a life wiz the match)

But my whole point here is, basically, you can't say life isn't a powerhouse in the current meta just because a you and a small percentage of the people who play life in pvp like to play offensively basically rather than defensively like the people who run the OP strategies. When you look at the life wiz in pvp as a whole it is right up there with other OP wiz schools like balance,ice, and fire.

That isn't to say however that life doesn't have problems that shouldn't be fixed, especially if jade gear finally gets banned or guardian spirit gets nerfed/banned. I fully agree life should get a damage bubble and so should death for that matter as those are the only 2 schools out of 7 who don't have one. While it does have a DOT it's shadow pip reliant while other schools DOT is not and that also I agree should be fixed.

All in all I'll sum up my post. Life is a powerhouse school and is one of the top pvp schools right now. But like every school in the game it does still have its problems that need fixing. Those problems though don't outweigh the amount of people who use OP strategies to dominate pvp just like balance, fire, and ice.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1098
anecorbie, I second that! I dont think I ever heard a compliment on PVP forem. Plus those receiving Warlord even on Death and life wizards proves PVP is not impossible for any wizard. It's the matter on team corporation and how you play your wizard which helps.your game play. We all know PVP is all about strategy, skills and luck. However I do feel certains spells need to be fixed for PVP play

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
721
Luvdogs99 on Jun 18, 2019 wrote:
Your right not every life runs a high critical strategy or jade gears strategy. However that doesn't change the fact the MOST life players DO run those strategies.

It's just like when death had juju before the nerf. Not every death ran a juju jade strategy. But MOST of the people who played max level death DID. So it got nerfed and people who played offensive death did suffer pretty much a loss of a good spell if they played offensively. But for every 10 death players you encountered 9 would be juju jade and one would be offensive. When you took the part of the community that played death as a whole 90% of the time juju strategy won out so something needed to be done.

Whether or not you as a person run a critical, guardian, or jade strategy does not change the fact that life as a whole is in fact a powerhouse school in the current meta for max level pvp. Whether or not every life player runs these strategies does not change that life is currently a powerhouse thx to these strategies. Just like my example above if you face 10 life players in pvp in a day 9 out of 10 of them will be running the overpowered guardian spam, jade gear, and critical healing. The people who play life school in the community as a whole 90% of the time are currently powerhouses with strategies that there is almost no way to combat unless you are in fact a powerhouse yourself (balance, ice, fire) and have lots of patience.

Just because Satyr is a non-aggressive spell doesn't mean it won't stop an opponents momentum either. People who run the critical healing strategy will go from being almost dead to fully healed with 2 power pips from this. Many times I've seen someone set up their spells for a combo that will win them the match, except between one hit and the next the life wiz will critical heal back to full health, which is usually very high thx to things like jade gear. Suddenly the other wiz has no pips and then loses because they can't pull off enough damage fast enough to stop the life wiz from doing something like caterpillar and boom life wiz wins. (note: just an example of what I've seen happen might not have been the exact spell used to win a life wiz the match)

But my whole point here is, basically, you can't say life isn't a powerhouse in the current meta just because a you and a small percentage of the people who play life in pvp like to play offensively basically rather than defensively like the people who run the OP strategies. When you look at the life wiz in pvp as a whole it is right up there with other OP wiz schools like balance,ice, and fire.

That isn't to say however that life doesn't have problems that shouldn't be fixed, especially if jade gear finally gets banned or guardian spirit gets nerfed/banned. I fully agree life should get a damage bubble and so should death for that matter as those are the only 2 schools out of 7 who don't have one. While it does have a DOT it's shadow pip reliant while other schools DOT is not and that also I agree should be fixed.

All in all I'll sum up my post. Life is a powerhouse school and is one of the top pvp schools right now. But like every school in the game it does still have its problems that need fixing. Those problems though don't outweigh the amount of people who use OP strategies to dominate pvp just like balance, fire, and ice.
Life is only able to achieve high end critical with pay to win gears this also goes for jades. I've face many op angel life strategies, and realize their heals are affected by incoming out going boost multiplied by critical(x2) A powerhouse school who,in the ability to only rely on heals isn't necessarily a powerhouse school and there were many instances where, it actually backfired in a sense, that 2/3 cast my opponent didn't crit and i was able to pull of the wins.

When you brought up the juju spamming era, I was one of those players that was against nerfing juju and was 100% on banning jade and pay to win gears, or any type of gears that would make a player reach near immunity or immunity stats. I remember before jade gears were even a thing k i mention that it would not allow players to reach immunity because it would create problems, that only raid bosses in pve were only to be allowed to have such stats.

So the way i saw it for k i to make a few extra bucs, they had to contradict this idea and promptly sold these gears in the keepers lore pack which was release in 2012 one years before shadow spells got release. They tried to make a spell as a solution to jades to be able to counter mass resist hence the shadow spell (shrike) but proved to be its own problem in the end.

I think its time k I goes back to the drawing board which am sure they will eventually. Am still 100% pro removing the weakness from efreet, regardless of what they to do life.