Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Ice.. Seriously

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2009
2
Hey Aedan SkullBlade here. I am very dissapointed in kingsisle for making ice way to op. literally nothing is bad about them. they have good resistance spells health and high damage. at one point ice is stronger in storm and storm is suppose to be the strong hard hitter. i honestly think you need to nerf the ice health and or nerf spell strengh
I am honestly tired of facing lvl 50 captain grandmaster ice because thats all the high ranks i see in the lvl 50s. their is only about 3, 4 strategies that ice can use and they are all op. its honestly surprising that I have only seen 1 legit Grandmaster death. I really am dissapointed knowing that i am around the only one hundred death magus that are actually good and above warlord.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
253
Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
aedan skull blade on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Hey Aedan SkullBlade here. I am very dissapointed in kingsisle for making ice way to op. literally nothing is bad about them. they have good resistance spells health and high damage. at one point ice is stronger in storm and storm is suppose to be the strong hard hitter. i honestly think you need to nerf the ice health and or nerf spell strengh
I am honestly tired of facing lvl 50 captain grandmaster ice because thats all the high ranks i see in the lvl 50s. their is only about 3, 4 strategies that ice can use and they are all op. its honestly surprising that I have only seen 1 legit Grandmaster death. I really am dissapointed knowing that i am around the only one hundred death magus that are actually good and above warlord.
ice meant be hard hitter (hard hitter completely different pair to storm!

beside ice meant have high heath/resist because tank school does (not all games with tank class will not use high heath or resist)

storm more risk because stronger (so, many spell remove) reason why don't a dot (MESS up there pvp strategy) no point for them having overtime because wild bolt and also insane bolt!

more class of stealth class (more likely world steal or second part then steal or switching or hidden) know that spell call: switch feint spell (does say that spell is a "ice spell")

play pirate101

they good power (there more overpower then wizard101) reason why can't get good stuff because people complain everything!

that why people want's battle to be challenging because harder the better! because level up more anyways because more easy more we level!

belloq between Azteca/Zafaria (doesn't see that hard anymore) when reach to max level!

even try nerf others part between about ice become more worst beside ice are master of JING :) more patient class then others school!

second storm wizard good with jade gear mix with part of there offense stuff (able solo rasputin) use there malistaire ward (doesn't waste attack wards) rock minion not immune to moonstarsunshadow!

just saying it because saw storm wizard using jade gear once in pvp (No LIE) team did well (least help storm for there team because storm able get more block & resist

(ice able get more help because armor pierce exist so, harder others school resist against ice (every school block ice more) mostly life/death they have immunity but I am ice wizard cool thing about me (only ice wizard that has immunity to but don't use immunity all the time because like offense better because do better with our attack better because so, wouldn't be so, slow at questing (no need worry about convert) because armor pierce & shadow magic (Mostly shadow shrike most likely) however, if you catch mine drift

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
253
JustinFrostHunter on Jun 30, 2016 wrote:
ice meant be hard hitter (hard hitter completely different pair to storm!

beside ice meant have high heath/resist because tank school does (not all games with tank class will not use high heath or resist)

storm more risk because stronger (so, many spell remove) reason why don't a dot (MESS up there pvp strategy) no point for them having overtime because wild bolt and also insane bolt!

more class of stealth class (more likely world steal or second part then steal or switching or hidden) know that spell call: switch feint spell (does say that spell is a "ice spell")

play pirate101

they good power (there more overpower then wizard101) reason why can't get good stuff because people complain everything!

that why people want's battle to be challenging because harder the better! because level up more anyways because more easy more we level!

belloq between Azteca/Zafaria (doesn't see that hard anymore) when reach to max level!

even try nerf others part between about ice become more worst beside ice are master of JING :) more patient class then others school!

second storm wizard good with jade gear mix with part of there offense stuff (able solo rasputin) use there malistaire ward (doesn't waste attack wards) rock minion not immune to moonstarsunshadow!

just saying it because saw storm wizard using jade gear once in pvp (No LIE) team did well (least help storm for there team because storm able get more block & resist

(ice able get more help because armor pierce exist so, harder others school resist against ice (every school block ice more) mostly life/death they have immunity but I am ice wizard cool thing about me (only ice wizard that has immunity to but don't use immunity all the time because like offense better because do better with our attack better because so, wouldn't be so, slow at questing (no need worry about convert) because armor pierce & shadow magic (Mostly shadow shrike most likely) however, if you catch mine drift
it wasn't really meant to be a hard hitter and now I agree.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
42
Don't call for a reconfiguration on a whole school over a teeny-weeny bad experience you had with them in a PvP duel. First, Ice was too weak, now it's overpowered? I don't think so.

Breaking it down, Ice in general is not at all stronger than Storm. Storm has the greatest amount of raw damage, whereas Ice--the weakest. It's a cold hard fact, pun intended. It all depends on gear combinations and statistics, not the school itself. Ice can be weak, it can be strong.

The entire game is about balance between the schools. Ice was given the most resistance and the greatest health along with the weakest damage so that it could fit in with everything else. Personally, I think it's about time that Ice became a bit stronger in attacks. But solely from experience, Ice is definitely not overpowered.

- Marissa

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
MarissatheFT on Jun 30, 2016 wrote:
Don't call for a reconfiguration on a whole school over a teeny-weeny bad experience you had with them in a PvP duel. First, Ice was too weak, now it's overpowered? I don't think so.

Breaking it down, Ice in general is not at all stronger than Storm. Storm has the greatest amount of raw damage, whereas Ice--the weakest. It's a cold hard fact, pun intended. It all depends on gear combinations and statistics, not the school itself. Ice can be weak, it can be strong.

The entire game is about balance between the schools. Ice was given the most resistance and the greatest health along with the weakest damage so that it could fit in with everything else. Personally, I think it's about time that Ice became a bit stronger in attacks. But solely from experience, Ice is definitely not overpowered.

- Marissa
exactly!

wouldn't say damage isn't that weak just little unless damage pet (even school meant to weak damage) ice also very powerful school like storm/fire but ice more different then storm/fire and ice do better with strength make them hard hitter (chosing be more offense then defense) resist/heath still be same (more heath then resist more offense) same thing for accuracy pair to then others school!

I do say ice is powerful then that of fire & storm because more strength then storm & fire because more heath and resist for reason so, stay longer in battle without dying to quickly!

life just same as ice but life more harder because have healing spell (most like guardian spirit spell) mostly possible to destroy as a tank to there tank unless tank as good armor pierce then have nothing to lose

unless frisky with there shield be more harder unless you death wizard because drain spell (which very useful against absorb unless don't carry death shield then they be at risk others then you life spells!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
19
Ice, I just do not care about what other people say, BUT weaver does WAY TOO MUCH damage mate!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
SamuelStormy on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
Ice, I just do not care about what other people say, BUT weaver does WAY TOO MUCH damage mate!
same thing for hungry caterpillar same amount of damage as abominable weaver) but absorb more unless (against death or ice or myth) common school ice steal absorb/death as drain so, drain attack threw absorb & myth pierce them or shatter them or earthquake them then pair to abominable weaver tower shield (always use attack ward take of tower shield without wasting or lower pips spell (use orthrus or minotaur) put up to much shield mostly for tower when ice tank against ice always use myth when ice using immunity against ice (only ice wizard as immunity to ice)

even immunity weak in pvp (still win with immunity play it smart and pick wisely with you spell know what school that would think they will do!

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
87
Storm 137.815Fire 118.329Myth 108.737Balance 99.727Ice 98.599Life 98.043Death 97.937
  • Seethe42 once posted this damage per pip calculation. Plus just because one attack is stronger than a storm attack doesn't mean the entire school is. And before someone starts talking about Death being weaker than ice, don't forget that they drain the damage most of the time

  • Mastermind
    Nov 19, 2014
    365
    sakurablitz1231231... on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
    Storm 137.815Fire 118.329Myth 108.737Balance 99.727Ice 98.599Life 98.043Death 97.937
  • Seethe42 once posted this damage per pip calculation. Plus just because one attack is stronger than a storm attack doesn't mean the entire school is. And before someone starts talking about Death being weaker than ice, don't forget that they drain the damage most of the time
  • what talking about this damage per pip calculation?

    I agree with death thing (I think still think it difficult playing as ice or either storm because both have trouble with attacking & defense!

    myth doesn't have any healing spell (don't have good card for myth) do not want No PVP on guardian spirit on the battle cherub pets!

    or start making new idea for PvP (overpower or not)

    Mastermind
    Nov 19, 2014
    365
    aedan skull blade on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
    Hey Aedan SkullBlade here. I am very dissapointed in kingsisle for making ice way to op. literally nothing is bad about them. they have good resistance spells health and high damage. at one point ice is stronger in storm and storm is suppose to be the strong hard hitter. i honestly think you need to nerf the ice health and or nerf spell strengh
    I am honestly tired of facing lvl 50 captain grandmaster ice because thats all the high ranks i see in the lvl 50s. their is only about 3, 4 strategies that ice can use and they are all op. its honestly surprising that I have only seen 1 legit Grandmaster death. I really am dissapointed knowing that i am around the only one hundred death magus that are actually good and above warlord.
    ice not overpower but look like they are overpower but there not beside of there school basic different build for school!

    all came are different even play as tank or not (tank for all others class can be different or overpower)

    Storm: Storm Wizards are often Impulsive, Educated, Creative and Independent. Famous Diviners include Benjamin Franklin, Lady Circe, and Galileo. Storm Wizards are capable of devastating attacks, but have somewhat weaker defenses.

    Ice: Ice Wizards are typically Strong, Loyal, Courageous and Honest. Famous Thaumaturges include Winston Churchill, Santa Claus, and Glenda. Ice Wizards can take a lot of damage, but are somewhat weaker when attacking.

    Fire: Fire Wizards tend to be Smart, Passionate, Competitive, and Attractive. Famous Pyromancers include Morgan Le Fay and William Shakespeare. Fire Wizards have attack spells that linger, damaging their foes again and again.

    Myth: Myth Wizards are usually Visionary, Competitive, and Knowledgeable. Famous Conjurers include Socrates, Baba Yaga, and Houdini. Myth Wizards often fight alone, summoning minions to aid them in battle.

    Life: Life Wizards are often Social, Charming, Funny and Attractive. Famous Theurgists include Queen Titania, Leonardo DaVinci, and Thomas Jefferson. Life Wizards are great at healing themselves and others.

    Death: Death Wizards are often Solitary, Driven, Serious and Intelligent. Famous Necromancers include Dracula, Dr. Frankenstein, and Ophelia. Death Wizards use drains, taking strength from their enemies and healing themselves.

    Balance: Balance Wizards are Wise, Clever, Thoughtful and Charming. Famous Sorcerers include Cleopatra, Margaret Thatcher, and Merlin. Balance Wizards are great at adjusting the rules of combat.

    Explorer
    Feb 23, 2012
    72
    SamuelStormy on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
    Ice, I just do not care about what other people say, BUT weaver does WAY TOO MUCH damage mate!
    FOR REAL, I don't care what or who you are if you backing up with fact that ice is overpowered I don't care what you say or bring up ICE IS TOO OP in the arena its ridiculous.

    Mastermind
    Nov 19, 2014
    365
    zachery NS on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
    FOR REAL, I don't care what or who you are if you backing up with fact that ice is overpowered I don't care what you say or bring up ICE IS TOO OP in the arena its ridiculous.
    ice isn't overpowered (ice meant be powerful because spell are powerful because most spell from giant (greater power) spell look at as strong fire and storm but not strong as fire and storm but spell more powerful then that of fire and storm! fire/storm likely more block/resist against ice not as much because care about resist but care more critical block but fire more resist to ice then storm for some gear! ice resist gear for any others school mostly rare very common to fine is the spiral because all weak gear (lower tier gear with high resist)

    Survivor
    Dec 26, 2008
    30
    Ice's damage on its spells would be fine as it is if its higher rank spells didn't have their additional effects. They do too much damage to have so much utility attached to them. They should be able to do one, or do the other. Not do both.

    Mastermind
    Nov 19, 2014
    365
    BlueGnome on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
    Ice's damage on its spells would be fine as it is if its higher rank spells didn't have their additional effects. They do too much damage to have so much utility attached to them. They should be able to do one, or do the other. Not do both.
    what are talking about I understand what saying about utility because is no utility

    Delver
    Mar 29, 2012
    233
    You are kidding right? I have 2 storms and no Ice has ever been more powerful than either. At any level. Ice is the most underpowered school in the spiral. Those of them that aren't have worked very very hard on damage pets. Nerfing them even more because some of them have worked very hard to overcome their biggest weakness ( low damage) hardly seems fair. I am sure this will never happen, and it never should.
    Amber

    Delver
    Jan 17, 2013
    243
    JustinFrostHunter on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
    what are talking about I understand what saying about utility because is no utility
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but Ice's spells do too much damage and give too much utility at max level.

    Abominable Weaver can do over 2500 base damage to an opponent in PVP, and it gives a -75% Tower Shield.

    Although Lord of Winter is less common than Weaver in PVP, it too can do over 2500 damage, as well as remove 3 pips from an opponent.

    Hopefully the schools get more balanced out when Mirage comes out.

    Squire
    Oct 29, 2011
    582
    Weaver is pretty op, same with the level 88 spell I've got to say. I think they should add a little something more to snowball barrage, its the exact same thing as tempest and I don't think it should be equivalent to that spell. I don't have many ideas of what they could add but they should definitely add something to that 110 spell. Sorry if its hard to understand what I wrote or if it doesn't make sense or whatever, I am very tired and I don't have the straightest mind right now.

    Mastermind
    Nov 19, 2014
    365
    frostednutella on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
    Weaver is pretty op, same with the level 88 spell I've got to say. I think they should add a little something more to snowball barrage, its the exact same thing as tempest and I don't think it should be equivalent to that spell. I don't have many ideas of what they could add but they should definitely add something to that 110 spell. Sorry if its hard to understand what I wrote or if it doesn't make sense or whatever, I am very tired and I don't have the straightest mind right now.
    how many time have to say it: Abominable Weaver same OP as Hungry Caterpillar FROM life school and fire school no care about someone tower shield because they have burning rampage!

    snowball barrage is same as tempest but snowball barrage strong then tempest! but wouldn't matter storm wizard wizard still win with there tempest because only school have more damage/critical/armor pierce (glading nerfting critical and allot more easy to defeat storm but defeat storm pvp is still a struggle even critical are nerf "shadow enchanted spell still to overpower mostly for darkmoor & Polaris "except for ice snowball barrage"

    Astrologist
    Dec 16, 2009
    1016
    AmberRavenSong7 on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
    You are kidding right? I have 2 storms and no Ice has ever been more powerful than either. At any level. Ice is the most underpowered school in the spiral. Those of them that aren't have worked very very hard on damage pets. Nerfing them even more because some of them have worked very hard to overcome their biggest weakness ( low damage) hardly seems fair. I am sure this will never happen, and it never should.
    Amber
    Head into ranked 1v1 PvP with either of your storms, fight a properly equipped ice who knows what he's doing then come back and say that with a straight face.

    Delver
    Jan 17, 2013
    243
    JustinFrostHunter on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
    how many time have to say it: Abominable Weaver same OP as Hungry Caterpillar FROM life school and fire school no care about someone tower shield because they have burning rampage!

    snowball barrage is same as tempest but snowball barrage strong then tempest! but wouldn't matter storm wizard wizard still win with there tempest because only school have more damage/critical/armor pierce (glading nerfting critical and allot more easy to defeat storm but defeat storm pvp is still a struggle even critical are nerf "shadow enchanted spell still to overpower mostly for darkmoor & Polaris "except for ice snowball barrage"
    I'm still not sure what you're trying to say, but I don't see how Snowball Barrage is "strong then tempest" (Do you mean stronger than Tempest?) Snowball Barrage only does 5 more damage per Pip, and you must have a Shadow Pip to use it, while Tempest does not require this.

    I definitely agree with what Eric has said. If you think that defeating a Storm Wizard in max level 1v1 PVP as an Ice Wizard is a "struggle", then you obviously aren't properly equipped with the best tier gear, as practically everyone else is in ranked.

    Storm is horrendously oppressed currently in the max level 1v1 meta, and something has to be done to put it on even footing with the other schools. Same with Myth and Death.

    Mastermind
    Nov 19, 2014
    365
    FusionSun on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
    I'm still not sure what you're trying to say, but I don't see how Snowball Barrage is "strong then tempest" (Do you mean stronger than Tempest?) Snowball Barrage only does 5 more damage per Pip, and you must have a Shadow Pip to use it, while Tempest does not require this.

    I definitely agree with what Eric has said. If you think that defeating a Storm Wizard in max level 1v1 PVP as an Ice Wizard is a "struggle", then you obviously aren't properly equipped with the best tier gear, as practically everyone else is in ranked.

    Storm is horrendously oppressed currently in the max level 1v1 meta, and something has to be done to put it on even footing with the other schools. Same with Myth and Death.
    snowball barrage stronger then tempest only 5% damage but damage would matter to storm because storm tempest win over snowball barrage "storm stronger" and ice more hard hitter in pvp more likely to use abominable weaver "help them care about less about shield or wizard being set against ice!

    would have wear mastery amulet of life or myth "then overtime of burning rampage could same life in pvp!

    why people use stun more so, chain stun so, they stun you more around then a medusa would!

    I am working death wizard " be trying to getting mine death wizard to max level 110" because of indemnity!

    shadow pips make a different because you spam snowball barrage unless increase shadow pips bonus don't where malistaire gear all the time critical pointless now in pvp not pve "no duh" don't about jewel too!

    some boss does drop shadow pips jewel "when mirage come more shadow pips jewel drop possible "just saying because level 100-110 or above level then 110 now have wards in hoard pack with maycast now these days!

    Mastermind
    Nov 19, 2014
    365
    FusionSun on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
    I'm still not sure what you're trying to say, but I don't see how Snowball Barrage is "strong then tempest" (Do you mean stronger than Tempest?) Snowball Barrage only does 5 more damage per Pip, and you must have a Shadow Pip to use it, while Tempest does not require this.

    I definitely agree with what Eric has said. If you think that defeating a Storm Wizard in max level 1v1 PVP as an Ice Wizard is a "struggle", then you obviously aren't properly equipped with the best tier gear, as practically everyone else is in ranked.

    Storm is horrendously oppressed currently in the max level 1v1 meta, and something has to be done to put it on even footing with the other schools. Same with Myth and Death.
    second question

    also ice as snow shark treasure card

    "less pips then storm shark" so, snow shark treasure card same damage as training spell of "storm shark"

    also back zafaria "ice know how to use storm spell back lower level pvp for more damage keep people setting against ice "why don't use double shield of storm/ice because ice can steal ice shield better off using ice/fire won't able use steal wards those!

    Explorer
    Feb 23, 2012
    72
    JustinFrostHunter on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
    what talking about this damage per pip calculation?

    I agree with death thing (I think still think it difficult playing as ice or either storm because both have trouble with attacking & defense!

    myth doesn't have any healing spell (don't have good card for myth) do not want No PVP on guardian spirit on the battle cherub pets!

    or start making new idea for PvP (overpower or not)
    I have 3 max characters another on the way() the others are fire, death, and storm.
    when it comes to pvp I am currently using my fire because its just so fun to play with.
    And death even though I can't pvp atm due to the lack of pierce jewels I don't currently have.
    storm I don't pvp on since its too hard in 1v1, although I have seen quite few STORM WARLORDS, in the end it is all about having fun and testing your limits against others which requires SKILL and EXPERIENCE.
    so as you see you may have figured out why I have no ICE character, because looks just too easy which requires no experience or skill what so ever which means no fun at all for those who enjoy pvp for what It actually is.

    I step into the arena to watch a match, see's a ice going against a balance, fire, life, myth and so on... and dominates match after match( not the same people) after match...

    a max ice can have like a 7,300 hp, 90 DMG, 65 resist to all schools, 35 pierce! ooh don't let me forget the set pets bringing their resist up to 80% to which ever 3 schools they like() that's insane!!!

    a ice can make acouple mistakes here and there and still win the match( from first, heck even from second)
    now I do like all the ice spells I think it fits who they are such as frost bite and snow angel, being able to boost and hit so much damage while playing defensive at the same time. Not all schools can do that but have their own way of winning and staying alive in a match which is why and are the top tier schools in max lvl pvp and I think ice just can beat them both more likely against a ice or balance. but at the end it all depends on skill and strategy which is why I really don't care anymore because I have a balance on the way and a fire to slay.

    Survivor
    Aug 30, 2016
    14
    i been playing ice sent the game has started here the fact ice is not op its not strong it per defense class all its spell are ether shield or way to get the enemy to hit you we don't get to steal pips like other classes we can't steal health unless its a over time heal and we can make the enemy hit itself we have to spam blades and traps to even get a nice hit or save up a lot of pips to get a good hit only reason were hard to beat is because of are tower block and normal shields we get from classes added are strong rsistance and health we maybe weak in power but we are strong is the way that storm is weak storm i have played they have low health get ok resistance but there power no school has match yet or will match when there low level there one shooting mobs when there high level its easy for them to one shot things the only down side to being storm is your health you get blocks and you can train into ice to get tower to help protect yourself from damage ways i been playing for about 5 years now and I just don't see any of the school as op there all balance life is hard to kill because of its heal ice is just able to last long in battle because it has a ton of health the game of ice is out lasting enemy's to be honest the best match up in pvp with ice is life because there both class that are made to last in battle as long as they can ways