Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most annoying school to fight in PvP

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
65
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates
Your kidding me right? every school has its specalty (i know i spelled it wrong). They are...

Life-they can HEAL

Ice- they have the BEST defense and tons of health

Storm- EXTREMLEY strong attacks

Myth- they summon the BEST minions and they can break shields or go around them

Fire-They have damage over time moves and they have good attacks

Balance- They are a little bit of everything but they have the weakest shields

Death- They can attack the enemy and are able to heal themself at the same time.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
15
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates

it does kinda bug me when im fighting a life wizard. or on my death when im fighting a myth, cause there shield at lvl 16 shield death andlife, which means my converts wont work.
but i just deal with it ya know.
balance is easy for my storm. since storms convert is to myth, i just have to find and use a convert before the balance person uses spirit shield. and if im to late, i just od a full powered triton :D

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
jackpot102 wrote:
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates

it does kinda bug me when im fighting a life wizard. or on my death when im fighting a myth, cause there shield at lvl 16 shield death andlife, which means my converts wont work.
but i just deal with it ya know.
balance is easy for my storm. since storms convert is to myth, i just have to find and use a convert before the balance person uses spirit shield. and if im to late, i just od a full powered triton :D


You realize no traps help when you convert right?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I don't like to fight ice either. Once I had to defeat a really powerful one that could resist everything and alot (22%) , and another healer. They could both heal other, and I was screaming lol. I don't really like to fight ice and life on the same team.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
6
Honestly bro, and it surprises me to be the first on this thread to say so, but as a firemage i would say universally it would be fire school and this is why:

fire is hard to infect due to link which is also a supreme breaker, fire's main mechanic being most frustrating as they are hard to shield from with the damage over time mechanic, and also smoke screen which is counter magic, and better than mantle as it effects everything, in addition to choke which used to be more annoying but in 2v2 or something with either an ice or storm partner can unlock lord or giant which is still very annoying indeed. and my fire is non traditional as he has three suplimentary schools
in order to obtain heal magic through satyr, and ice through tower shield, and three points in balance for weakness, and wallah, the most annoying school ever. enjoy the dirty trickiness bros.

Emberspark

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
61
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight certain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates


Every school has its annoying side... balance with judgment... myth with their shield breakers... I never find ice a problem though.... just use damage over time to break that shield ;)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
6
The problem about PvP isn't the school (though i will admit life bothers me a bit).
The problem is with the people who misuse treasure cards in the arena in my opinion they should be banned from the arena and to be honest a good friend of mine has talked to an admin about that
The main treasure cards are wild bolt and beguile.

Defender
May 31, 2009
121
Hiway1999

You are incorrect - traps CAN work with convert. If I throw an elemental trap, then a FIRE prism, and then a fire spell, the damage will be converted to Ice damage AND use the Ice trap.

Obviously shields can change things, but depending upon the order that the traps / prisms / shields are placed, it's possible to by pass the shield altogether.

mlb

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
3
I hate fighting ice too, esp with my death wizard. But I have found that my level 31 Balance wizard can defeat a leve 50 ice in a pvp :D

Survivor
May 25, 2009
11
I would say life and strom because life can heal and strom has strong attacks

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
178
Only thing I don't like in PvP is when you kill a life wizard, and then the Life minion heals. When you kill a player, that player's minion should die instantly. That's my only complaint in pvp.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
25
matvince90 wrote:
Only thing I don't like in PvP is when you kill a life wizard, and then the Life minion heals. When you kill a player, that player's minion should die instantly. That's my only complaint in pvp.
Hey.... grrr..... how dare you say that about my wonderful minion of life! they should NOT die instantly! :x

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
90
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates
ugh! now i feel sad about it i'm life level 37 i felt like my wizard wasn't special when you said that . i can't get it off my head, i'm very senstive i feel like i'm going to

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates


Seriously? Ice is the werst school by far. I hate Balance because Judjement does 100 Damage per pip.

I love storm because the spells are strong, unless it's Pvp. Stronger moves have a low success rate.


Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
toonenough wrote:
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates
ugh! now i feel sad about it i'm life level 37 i felt like my wizard wasn't special when you said that . i can't get it off my head, i'm very senstive i feel like i'm going to


I hate it when people say bad things about my school too! Especially if they're NOT true!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
doesnt have to be what school youare, it can also be 2nd 3rd and 4th, but apperently when i on my low lvl wizards, that school is the most annoying cause i fight adepts, and maguses with a journeyman lvl 17 and i dont use over powered treasure cards, so yeah lol

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
36
I think life is the most annoying to fight because it seems like the battle drags on forever :( but its still a cool school or else Kaitlyn LifeRiver and Lucas LifeGiver wouldn't exist :D

That's why I'm careful to pick when I watch PvP. I try not to pick a battle to watch with a life wizard because they drag on forever :(

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
14
fourmyant wrote:
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates


Seriously? Ice is the werst school by far. I hate Balance because Judjement does 100 Damage per pip.

I love storm because the spells are strong, unless it's Pvp. Stronger moves have a low success rate.


ICE IS ONE OF THE BEST i have an ice grand and i just restarted pvp on my character( i had taken a month break) and i had a private ranking. now i am a veteran after too days of barely pvp ing i beat a balance warlord a life warlord and a storm warlord so ice is not weak. And you must have a problem because storm attacks rarely fizz with grand gear on so there unstoppable without storm shields.

and please dont miss understand me ice isnt the best or the worst all the schools have thier strenghts and weaknesses

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
5
as far as i know if u r a thaumaturge(ice wizard) and has life for 2nd school it takes forever to beat
javascript:emoticon('');

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
1
Hmm, I really don't like battling ice and death. Ice is super hard to kill and death just heals itself when they attack. It's just very hard to kill either of them. But I believe every school is good in its own way.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
treef5 wrote:
fourmyant wrote:
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates


Seriously? Ice is the werst school by far. I hate Balance because Judjement does 100 Damage per pip.

I love storm because the spells are strong, unless it's Pvp. Stronger moves have a low success rate.


ICE IS ONE OF THE BEST i have an ice grand and i just restarted pvp on my character( i had taken a month break) and i had a private ranking. now i am a veteran after too days of barely pvp ing i beat a balance warlord a life warlord and a storm warlord so ice is not weak. And you must have a problem because storm attacks rarely fizz with grand gear on so there unstoppable without storm shields.

and please dont miss understand me ice isnt the best or the worst all the schools have thier strenghts and weaknesses


I appreciate that you are standing up for yourself. I see you have your own opinions and some are facts. This is an example. The opinion isn't what I think. It is what many people thought.

Fact: Malistare is in Dragonspyre
Opinion: Life is a bad school.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
i get the feeling that the person who started this thread chain was just bitter over losing a bunch of pvp duels. i know no one wants to hear this, but if you lose a ton of times in a row, it not because the schools are unfair. it because you're incompetent at dueling, deckbuilding, or both. so if you want a better chance, then maybe you should fix your desk not blame kingsisle for unfairness.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
20
The only one I personally agree with is the life part because I was fighting a life wizard once about say 5 levels below me (Side note: This was in 1v1) she did nothing but HEAL for the entire match until I just got so annoyed I just bailed out.

David IceTalon Level 49 Storm wizard

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
24
lorddoom141 wrote:
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight certain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates


Every school has its annoying side... balance with judgment... myth with their shield breakers... I never find ice a problem though.... just use damage over time to break that shield ;)
Hahaha you didn't mention life :p

1