Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mayhem

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have always been an avid pvp player from the games I participate in, but have long been a critic of KI's brand, since it focuses more on gear, instead of skill. Over the years here, I have resigned myself to accept that KI will never overhaul the system, but instead use what I have coined as "Band-Aid" fixes here, and there. That being said, it is still possible to enjoy pvp, it just requires more effort in "gearing", if you wish to have winning success. From what I have read on the message boards, and circles I frequent, many people are not so enthusiastic about doing this, and thus pvp has suffered a steady decline in patronage since its inception. I would like to suggest a fun new way here to pvp, and hope that everyone likes the idea, and will also critique it accordingly even if they don't. I am talking about a multi-player match I call "MAYHEM"
Mayhem is a match that consists of 4-8 players who are NOT grouped as teams, but remain as lone individuals throughout the match. The premise is quite simple, the last player standing wins. You have a match where everyone is against everyone else, and "Mayhem" and fun quickly follows. Some people go offensive, and try to kill quickly. Other players go defensive, and try to weather the assaults. Still others form alliances, and try to achieve end-game that way. It is a recipe for unpredictability, fun, and for KI success. These matches are enormously popular in games like "Magic the Gathering", and I suspect would be even more so here. They would reinvigorate the fan base, and pvp would start growing again. I would be happy to answer any comments,concerns, or questions anyone has on this.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
FANTASTIC idea!!! This sounds like so much fun; even for people that don't or haven't tried to pvp. LOL, if I were a warlord I certainly wouldn't be announcing my badge to everyone. Talk about "asking" to be attacked by everyone. I bet there would be stitching of the commander robes to level 1 robes. This is an exciting idea to me. Thanks for suggesting it. I hope KI takes a good look at it, and other people show interest.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I imagine it would be quite unbalanced, but I doubt you intended it to be played as Ranked. If something like this was implemented, I'd start playing PvP just for this.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
lewski on May 21, 2015 wrote:
I imagine it would be quite unbalanced, but I doubt you intended it to be played as Ranked. If something like this was implemented, I'd start playing PvP just for this.
You are correct. It would be purely for fun and tournaments, but not ranked.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
That does sound really fun. I have never ben a fan of pvp, but would definitely gives this a try.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
I'm spreading the word. Even on the weekends lately it seems harder and harder to find good matches in the Arena. Also, I've seen so many people say "I'm not going to PvP, the people there are so rude". Seems to me, the first person that is rude and calls others noob or scrub would immediately have a huge target put on them. I can see lots of laughter in that. Sounds fun. I'm all for it.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
PrincessPoofy on May 22, 2015 wrote:
I'm spreading the word. Even on the weekends lately it seems harder and harder to find good matches in the Arena. Also, I've seen so many people say "I'm not going to PvP, the people there are so rude". Seems to me, the first person that is rude and calls others noob or scrub would immediately have a huge target put on them. I can see lots of laughter in that. Sounds fun. I'm all for it.
LOL . How would that be . . . *thinking cloud*

A , , , 1rst, , , , and 2nd are locked down on a Mayhem duel.

:Buffed up Triton! Fizzle

: Earthquake

2nd: Ha, noob.

:Should we target that 2nd?

, , , 1rst, , , : Fair Enough, Yea, Yup, Definitely, Of Course, Bring it on, Whatever

2nd: Wait what?!

, , , 1rst, , , : Critical Piercing Max Power Pip Judgement, Critical Piercing Wooly Mammoth, Critical Piercing Dr. Von's Monster, Critical Piercing Sun Serpent, Critical Piercing Medusa, Critical Piercing Gnomes, Critical Piercing Storm Owl

2nd: KO

lol

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
How would global talents/spells be affected in this format, such as a unicorn heal?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
DorkusMaxximus on May 23, 2015 wrote:
How would global talents/spells be affected in this format, such as a unicorn heal?
Unicorn targets all your teammates. You'd be your only teammate, so it would only target you. AoE spells that hit enemies would hit everyone except you.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
That really depends on KI, and how much effort they put into the system, if they ever decide to use this suggestion. The best scenario would be to have parameters that let you choose which option you prefer before creating a match, such as global effects, levels, etc. But, barring that, the most fun option is to have heals global, so when you or pet casts a unicorn, it heals your enemies as well.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I'm guessing AoE heals would only target the caster, and global spells would still give the buff to everyone.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2014
This idea is actually really brilliant. Gonna be a huge hit if it really gets implemented. Pvp is wonderfully fun but sometimes it gets repetitive. Maybe KI can implement unique games like these once every few months to spice things up a little? Other unique games to consider would be quick matches in ranked and practice, no tc matches etc.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
crayoticalitic on May 25, 2015 wrote:
This idea is actually really brilliant. Gonna be a huge hit if it really gets implemented. Pvp is wonderfully fun but sometimes it gets repetitive. Maybe KI can implement unique games like these once every few months to spice things up a little? Other unique games to consider would be quick matches in ranked and practice, no tc matches etc.
It would also be fun if they added a whole new set of cards that are just for Mayhem matches only.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Intrepidatius on May 25, 2015 wrote:
It would also be fun if they added a whole new set of cards that are just for Mayhem matches only.
That would be an awesome idea! I really hope Mayhem gets an update.

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
what they should do is add new cards that heals you and a random oponent, or a spell that damages 2 random opponents, but imagine a storm lord against 8 ppl, i can see this getting very annoying at lvl 100, with everyone having around 40+ pierce there would be allot of rage quitters but there's an easy solution to this KI , LOWER THE PIERCE from gear to maybe 30 for the darkmoor gear that everyone is getting 42+ pierce from and raise the resist a bit, especially for ice, ice is so weak now, my ice doesn't even last 5 minutes in an arena with a balance cause they have 52 pierce which is completely messed up, you should really cary your gear and stop being lazy trying to make everyone equal, that's not how the game started nor how it should die off, storm has always been the stronger but it fizzled, and has been more tankish but low damage attacks, and life has been the healer with decent attacks but right below average damage and are usually called on for a fairy or satyr, fire is known for DoT attacks, nothing about the system is equal except for balance, this is a strategy game, best not to make everyone the same

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Here's a sample of a "Mayhem" version of a spell:

Wild Bolt
Casting cost -2
Damage- 1000

** Wild bolt will do 1000 damage to a random target player (including caster) **

This is just one possible variation of a standard spell for Mayhem. There are many fun possibilities.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Intrepidatius on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:

Wild Bolt
Casting cost -2
Damage- 1000

** Wild bolt will do 1000 damage to a random target player (including caster) **

This is just one possible variation of a standard spell for Mayhem. There are many fun possibilities.
Here's another Mayhem spell:

Unexpected Turn:
Casting cost - 4
Heal: 100 & 1,000

**Target another player. Unexpected Turn has a 50% to heal you for 100 OR 1,000 AND heal your target for 100 OR 1,000 and vice versa.**

So you gotta hope you get the good heal, instead of your enemy.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on May 21, 2015 wrote:
I have always been an avid pvp player from the games I participate in, but have long been a critic of KI's brand, since it focuses more on gear, instead of skill. Over the years here, I have resigned myself to accept that KI will never overhaul the system, but instead use what I have coined as "Band-Aid" fixes here, and there. That being said, it is still possible to enjoy pvp, it just requires more effort in "gearing", if you wish to have winning success. From what I have read on the message boards, and circles I frequent, many people are not so enthusiastic about doing this, and thus pvp has suffered a steady decline in patronage since its inception. I would like to suggest a fun new way here to pvp, and hope that everyone likes the idea, and will also critique it accordingly even if they don't. I am talking about a multi-player match I call "MAYHEM"
Mayhem is a match that consists of 4-8 players who are NOT grouped as teams, but remain as lone individuals throughout the match. The premise is quite simple, the last player standing wins. You have a match where everyone is against everyone else, and "Mayhem" and fun quickly follows. Some people go offensive, and try to kill quickly. Other players go defensive, and try to weather the assaults. Still others form alliances, and try to achieve end-game that way. It is a recipe for unpredictability, fun, and for KI success. These matches are enormously popular in games like "Magic the Gathering", and I suspect would be even more so here. They would reinvigorate the fan base, and pvp would start growing again. I would be happy to answer any comments,concerns, or questions anyone has on this.
Yes Please. Will Break out the old jade and crafted celestia combo, Mwah Hah Hah Hah Hah! (Which with my luck, will result in 7v1)

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
Intrepidatius on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:

Wild Bolt
Casting cost -2
Damage- 1000

lol bringing back the old stormspell huh, too bad it has to be 20% accuracy lmao idk why they changed it

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Intrepidatius on May 21, 2015 wrote:
I like idea and have same idea like that (but have own school banner) adding rules: no battle order

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Idea for a "Mayhem" spell deck.

- Maximum of 64 cards.

- Doesn't hold any TC.

- Lowers Mana by 100%.

- Maximum of 10 Mayhem cards (quite rare will you need 10 copies of a single spell, especially with reshuffle, but just in case).

- Maximum Side Deck of 64 cards.

And maybe this idea:

Mayhem Gear - Requires participation in at least 1 Mayhem match.

Mayhem Hat - Cost 1 Gold - Randomly increases 5 stats by 50% and decrease the other stats by 50% (changes each time you join a new match) - 1 free stitch

Mayhem Robes - Cost 1 Gold - Randomly increases 5 stats by 50% and decrease the other stats by 50% (changes each time you join a new match) - 1 free stitch

Mayhem Boots - Cost 1 Gold - Randomly increases 5 stats by 50% and decrease the other stats by 50% (changes each time you join a new match) - 1 free stitch

Mayhem Wand - Cost 1 Gold - Gives following cards:

0 Pip - 100 damage - 7 cards

Mayhem Athame - Cost 1 Gold - 1 Square Jewel Slot, 1 Triangle Jewel Slot, 1 Circle Jewel Slot, 1 Tear Jewel Slot (only Mayhem Jewels usable).

Basically, every Jewel there is in the game, with the same effects, only thing that they reduce Mana by 100%, and you just buy them at this same vendor for 1 Gold.

Mayhem Ring - Cost 1 Gold - 1 Square Jewel Slot, 1 Triangle Jewel Slot, 1 Circle Jewel Slot, 1 Tear Jewel Slot (only Mayhem Jewels usable).

Mayhem Amulet - Cost 1 Gold - Gives random Mastery over 1 School (changes each different battle).

Vendor is right next to the Arena, named maybe Trix "Mayhem" Spellbinder.

Yea, maybe I went little crazy there, but agree or disagree?

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
P.S: The free stitch should work like this:

Once you buy the gear piece, you are shown a list of every outfit design for that gear piece (hat, robes, boots). You can then choose which look you would want.

After you make your choice, you have to stitch it normally.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I've never been much of a PvPer but for something like this I'd make an exception. The "just for the fun of it" aspect makes it especially appealing.