Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

match that take long

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
12
please make a draw butten for pvp. i'm in a battle that last 9 hours already and no one give up. i think a draw butten should be put no one lose anything. Both player have to agree and it end in a draw. We waste too many hours and i dont want to pvp no more but i wont quite. Please please make a draw butten :(.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
152
Some people speak with an accent ... and you type with an accent?

A draw button would be an interesting feature ... I have experienced some pretty long PvP matches before. Would using this increase either participant's rating? How many arena tickets would each person get?

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
23
i would say thats a bad idea because if your losing you could just push the draw button. would be better if both teams had to agree.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Mario014,

Abosolutely the best idea ever posted on this web site. Yes, I agree 200%, it is a great idea. I especially like the part that both have to agree, that you have posted. I have never had a fight that lasted 9 hours, but some that have lasted way way too long. When it's time to go to bed, I lose, and that is just not fair. The battles are lasting longer and longer, and it's getting out of control.
So either a automatic time out needs to be added (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours) or your idea really needs to be added to the game (or both).
I think that this is so important to the game, and I am real happy you posted this.

Thanks,
Joe.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
That would be a great idea. I completely agree with it.

I'm guessing that no one would gain rank, and i think they should both get 4 Arena tickets.

But it would work out. I can't tell you how many 1v1s where it is me who is an ice, and my opponent who is life, Always lasts forever and it is a complete stalemate lol. And because you don't get any extra tickets or rank points for how long the match is, This should really be implemented into PvP.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2680
The other idea is to make Reshuffle NO PVP. Then we won't have matches lasting for hours. It would make equipping the right deck require more thought.

Of course higher levels would have access to better decks, but higher levels have access to better gear in general so that's not the problem.

It's a nice idea, but you are asking TWO people to hit a draw after nine hours of battle. You may be willing to give up after that time, but there is no guarantee your opponent will and you already have the option to Flee now.

A timed duel may work as an idea too, unless wizards start finding a way to exploit it. Like stalling until there is just a few seconds left, then finishing your opponent off.

A lot of people here on the forums won't like my idea, since they use Reshuffle heavily in PvP (to only get the good cards over and over), but it is a guaranteed way to limit the time in the arena.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
12
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Some people speak with an accent ... and you type with an accent?

A draw button would be an interesting feature ... I have experienced some pretty long PvP matches before. Would using this increase either participant's rating? How many arena tickets would each person get?
i dont have an sccent just bad at spelling and english lol idk up to the wizard 101 to decied about thet tickets.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
12
hano15141 wrote:
i would say thats a bad idea because if your losing you could just push the draw button. would be better if both teams had to agree.
yes that what i mean both player have to argee to draw or it wont work.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
12
Lion359 wrote:
Mario014,

Abosolutely the best idea ever posted on this web site. Yes, I agree 200%, it is a great idea. I especially like the part that both have to agree, that you have posted. I have never had a fight that lasted 9 hours, but some that have lasted way way too long. When it's time to go to bed, I lose, and that is just not fair. The battles are lasting longer and longer, and it's getting out of control.
So either a automatic time out needs to be added (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours) or your idea really needs to be added to the game (or both).
I think that this is so important to the game, and I am real happy you posted this.

Thanks,
Joe.
np ty for the support.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
12
thorvon65 wrote:
That would be a great idea. I completely agree with it.

I'm guessing that no one would gain rank, and i think they should both get 4 Arena tickets.

But it would work out. I can't tell you how many 1v1s where it is me who is an ice, and my opponent who is life, Always lasts forever and it is a complete stalemate lol. And because you don't get any extra tickets or rank points for how long the match is, This should really be implemented into PvP.
yes also life again so much for pvp that they gatten kind hard my ice need a little more work to beat a life.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
kingurz wrote:
The other idea is to make Reshuffle NO PVP. Then we won't have matches lasting for hours. It would make equipping the right deck require more thought.

Of course higher levels would have access to better decks, but higher levels have access to better gear in general so that's not the problem.

It's a nice idea, but you are asking TWO people to hit a draw after nine hours of battle. You may be willing to give up after that time, but there is no guarantee your opponent will and you already have the option to Flee now.

A timed duel may work as an idea too, unless wizards start finding a way to exploit it. Like stalling until there is just a few seconds left, then finishing your opponent off.

A lot of people here on the forums won't like my idea, since they use Reshuffle heavily in PvP (to only get the good cards over and over), but it is a guaranteed way to limit the time in the arena.


Kingurz,

I am one of those that don't like it, as I think the extemely long battles can be fixed in other ways. The problem I have with removing Reshuffle, is that you are limiting one of Balances Spells, and it was given to Balance for a reason.
Balance relays on a Quick Shuffle, more than any other player, and this unfairly hurt Balance more than any other player.
Plus, look at the size of the deck, Storm has a much smaller deck than Ice or Life as two examples. This unfair Deck size, is why Reshuffle is allowed, and to limit it would hurt more than just Balance.
No to mention, all the top players use reshuffle, each and every one that I have seen.
So, removing this from PvP would be unfair to certain Wizards, and would give others an unfair advantage, imo.

Joseph LionHunter.
Joe,

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
1
I have an idea... why not put a time limit?

PvP now has a different objective:
Defeat the opponent in less than X amount of hours.

One can argue that you may be winning and then time limit expires then he should win. For the proposed objective, that is not a win. If you can't beat an opponent within the prescribed maximum time, then you don't win. It ends up in a draw.

Having a DRAW button is also a good idea. Either way, this limits the time on a PvP match.

I've only started playing and I haven't encountered a long match. Longest I've been in is about 30 mins I think. But I don't think I can withstand 9 hours of PvP! I'll just quit definitely... more than 1 hr PvP is no longer fun...

The only issue with a time limit is... what is the proper time limit?

I think it should vary depending on the levels/rank of the players involved. higher levels/ranks means longer time limit.

Maybe someone can help me expound on this proposal?