Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 22 vs legends?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
14
The title says it all...

I have a lvl 26 myth with a rank of over 1,000 and i go against legends who have more health, better spells, the chance of getting a critical, and most of them have the legend gear. I have conviction but i usually dont find it on time... but my point is I really dont think that this is fair.

Thanks for reading

Jasmine
Lvl 26 Myth


Defender
Jun 12, 2009
141
yes if this happened to me i would be very mad at ki for that too a rank over 1000 means your a warlord so you will go up against higher lvls but ki thinks that being a warlord makes you a ton better but it doesnt make a difference just a sign of your skill i think the hgiher the rnk you are you should go up against higher lvl opponets but not lvl 22vslvl60 it should be more around like the maximum being lvl 30 for your lvl and if your like a veteran your lvl or something the maximum should be like lvl 26 and so on and so on

ethan legendblade lvl60 pvp knight

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Hellomotto12 wrote:
The title says it all...

I have a lvl 26 myth with a rank of over 1,000 and i go against legends who have more health, better spells, the chance of getting a critical, and most of them have the legend gear. I have conviction but i usually dont find it on time... but my point is I really dont think that this is fair.

Thanks for reading

Jasmine
Lvl 26 Myth



Jasmine,

What is not fair, is that you allowed this to happen, it's not KI's fault.
If you read how the PvP selection is done, it's an ever widening search.
It will look for someone in your Rank, etc, then if no one is there, and it see's that you are still there, it expands it's search.
It keeps expanding it's search looking for anyone it can finally.
Then it takes the two Wizards and puts them into a PvP match.

If you don't want this to happen, you need to drop out of the PvP search engine after (2) minutes. Then wait two minutes or so and Reque again.
If you don't do this, then you will have a mismatch again and again, but you can only blame yourself, not W101.

That's just the way I see it,
Joseph LionHunter.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Joseph....

You have not a clue to what you are responding too. my high rank level ten gets put against a low rank legends (100-200) regularly and quickly. You do not play low level pvp so your statement just kind of makes me laugh. Start a level ten then when you get to warlord try fighting a low rank storm legend, a two pip critical bat will kill you with boosts. Plz spare the "you waited too long" stuff because ten seconds into que my level ten gets a low rank legend... You see the system thinks this is a good fight. In the future try actually experiencing something before commenting on it

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
4
I have a lvl 26 death that is ranked (945) warlord and will i see what you mean because i also get put up against low ranked legends it is really unfair even it its putting us in matches cause of our ranked they should also consider lvls.
KI should do something about the solution because it really isn't fair considering our lvl and the spell we as low lvl's could use and legends have thier gear, critical changes, and way better spell to fight us.

WOLF FIREPYRE Lvl- 5 :D Warlord fire :D

WOLF Lvl- 26 Warlord death

WOLF Winter Blood LVL- 60 8) Ice Captain 8)

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
Hellomotto12 wrote:
The title says it all...

I have a lvl 26 myth with a rank of over 1,000 and i go against legends who have more health, better spells, the chance of getting a critical, and most of them have the legend gear. I have conviction but i usually dont find it on time... but my point is I really dont think that this is fair.

Thanks for reading

Jasmine
Lvl 26 Myth

lol i like how you said level 22 vs legends and you now say your level 26

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
747
yeah, I do that too.

about the same level as you

and I beat them about half the time too.

Hellomotto12 wrote:
The title says it all...

I have a lvl 26 myth with a rank of over 1,000 and i go against legends who have more health, better spells, the chance of getting a critical, and most of them have the legend gear. I have conviction but i usually dont find it on time... but my point is I really dont think that this is fair.

Thanks for reading

Jasmine
Lvl 26 Myth


Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
It does not matter if the poster is level 22 or level 26, that is not the point!

The fact of the matter is that lower level, high ranking wizards are having to face Legendary Wizards that have a lower rank or legends that have down ranked.

We don't just face them occasionally, or if we remain in the que for too long, this match happens quite frequently!

The matching system is broken and needs to be fixed!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
While I can understand it is very unfair that you are fighting legendaries. But let me ask you something level 26 with a rank of 1000? And to merrit a rank like that at your level you probably used crowns gear treasures and probably an epic pet( Not saying you did but it is just a probably). And so low level warlords do that and take advantage of newer players that don't know pvp as well as them and don't have the means of getting these extra abilities. So it is the same thing lower level warlords have been doing and now your getting a taste of your own medicine and you don't like it.

My solution, would be a surrender button to be made until the ranked system can be fully patched. The surrender would be that only on your first turn you can surrender(Meant for if your fightining someone you know you will lose against and can only be on the very first turn before doing anything) and not gain any points or lose any rank. However the one you surrendered to would get a compenstion of 5 rank points and 1 arena ticket.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
thorvon65 wrote:
While I can understand it is very unfair that you are fighting legendaries. But let me ask you something level 26 with a rank of 1000? And to merrit a rank like that at your level you probably used crowns gear treasures and probably an epic pet( Not saying you did but it is just a probably). And so low level warlords do that and take advantage of newer players that don't know pvp as well as them and don't have the means of getting these extra abilities. So it is the same thing lower level warlords have been doing and now your getting a taste of your own medicine and you don't like it.

My solution, would be a surrender button to be made until the ranked system can be fully patched. The surrender would be that only on your first turn you can surrender(Meant for if your fightining someone you know you will lose against and can only be on the very first turn before doing anything) and not gain any points or lose any rank. However the one you surrendered to would get a compenstion of 5 rank points and 1 arena ticket.
But we also don't want to give those incredibly "creative" people the idea of using the surrender button to give free easy points to everyone they meet so I suggest you can only surrender 3 times a day to avoid this mishap.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
2
Hellomotto12 wrote:
The title says it all...

I have a lvl 26 myth with a rank of over 1,000 and i go against legends who have more health, better spells, the chance of getting a critical, and most of them have the legend gear. I have conviction but i usually dont find it on time... but my point is I really dont think that this is fair.

Thanks for reading

Jasmine
Lvl 26 Myth



actually this lets many ppl battle whoever they please :) i am a lvl 23 and i go against many legendary players. with a good strategy and some higher lvl players i can easily win. its fair so players can battle whomever they want. and if it bothers you so much you can limit your battles to under whatever lvl ya plz

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
TheDarkestMask wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
While I can understand it is very unfair that you are fighting legendaries. But let me ask you something level 26 with a rank of 1000? And to merrit a rank like that at your level you probably used crowns gear treasures and probably an epic pet( Not saying you did but it is just a probably). And so low level warlords do that and take advantage of newer players that don't know pvp as well as them and don't have the means of getting these extra abilities. So it is the same thing lower level warlords have been doing and now your getting a taste of your own medicine and you don't like it.

My solution, would be a surrender button to be made until the ranked system can be fully patched. The surrender would be that only on your first turn you can surrender(Meant for if your fightining someone you know you will lose against and can only be on the very first turn before doing anything) and not gain any points or lose any rank. However the one you surrendered to would get a compenstion of 5 rank points and 1 arena ticket.
But we also don't want to give those incredibly "creative" people the idea of using the surrender button to give free easy points to everyone they meet so I suggest you can only surrender 3 times a day to avoid this mishap.


That makes sense but I would limit to like 5 if people are having this many problems with it.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
153
K I get it - fighting a legend with a very low level warlord sucks - it's what I do - it doesnt happen all the time and all my active PvPers are still warlord - these legends are not knocking me down to the point I can't buy my gear... so ...... why sweat it?

Use the spare time to come here and ask for critical block gear for low levels and a stop to downranking.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
14
woot000 wrote:
Hellomotto12 wrote:
The title says it all...

I have a lvl 26 myth with a rank of over 1,000 and i go against legends who have more health, better spells, the chance of getting a critical, and most of them have the legend gear. I have conviction but i usually dont find it on time... but my point is I really dont think that this is fair.

Thanks for reading

Jasmine
Lvl 26 Myth

lol i like how you said level 22 vs legends and you now say your level 26
Whoops... typo XD

Defender
May 24, 2009
102
thorvon65 wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
While I can understand it is very unfair that you are fighting legendaries. But let me ask you something level 26 with a rank of 1000? And to merrit a rank like that at your level you probably used crowns gear treasures and probably an epic pet( Not saying you did but it is just a probably). And so low level warlords do that and take advantage of newer players that don't know pvp as well as them and don't have the means of getting these extra abilities. So it is the same thing lower level warlords have been doing and now your getting a taste of your own medicine and you don't like it.

My solution, would be a surrender button to be made until the ranked system can be fully patched. The surrender would be that only on your first turn you can surrender(Meant for if your fightining someone you know you will lose against and can only be on the very first turn before doing anything) and not gain any points or lose any rank. However the one you surrendered to would get a compenstion of 5 rank points and 1 arena ticket.
But we also don't want to give those incredibly "creative" people the idea of using the surrender button to give free easy points to everyone they meet so I suggest you can only surrender 3 times a day to avoid this mishap.


That makes sense but I would limit to like 5 if people are having this many problems with it.


if it happens that many times you know it's time to stop. I always respond on these topics of unfair pvp and my defense is people need to know when to stop.
i'm using this as a example but the actual topic everyone is addresing is not this extreme. say your gambling you win every match so you would think someone that is really good and lucky at gambling is trying his luck against you because he knows you would win the challenger is the legend and the lower level is you. You started gambling and you have more money than anyone would EVER need this relates to pvp if you keep deuling people your better than your bound to get matched up with a experince overall stronger personif you have more arena ranking than you ever need why keep trying if you have a 1000 rank chances are you can aford the warlord gear no reason to keep constantly going on in pvp

Defender
May 24, 2009
102
travisAk wrote:
Joseph....

You have not a clue to what you are responding too. my high rank level ten gets put against a low rank legends (100-200) regularly and quickly. You do not play low level pvp so your statement just kind of makes me laugh. Start a level ten then when you get to warlord try fighting a low rank storm legend, a two pip critical bat will kill you with boosts. Plz spare the "you waited too long" stuff because ten seconds into que my level ten gets a low rank legend... You see the system thinks this is a good fight. In the future try actually experiencing something before commenting on it


sorry to but into this but how do you know he didnt do that do you watch him while he plays the game he's simply seeing the other side of the argument the system doesnt KEEP matching people under 800 rank with legendarys when you are low lvl you honestly dont need to that much of a rank when its higher than the max and more arena tickets arent needed because you dont have to have 3,000 arena tickets witch is the lowest whole amout you would roughly get if you were above 800 rank i honestly didnt think pvp rank mattered until now i do think they should have kept it level wise equal. this in my opinion should be the matching

1 to 5 6 to 10 11 to 18 19 to 22 23 to 28 29 to 35 36 to 41 42 to 47 48 to 52 53 to 57 and lvl 58 and up until legends sure it would haved to be tweaked the lower lvl would go first and all but i dont see them doing anything right now

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
darthjt wrote:
It does not matter if the poster is level 22 or level 26, that is not the point!

The fact of the matter is that lower level, high ranking wizards are having to face Legendary Wizards that have a lower rank or legends that have down ranked.

We don't just face them occasionally, or if we remain in the que for too long, this match happens quite frequently!

The matching system is broken and needs to be fixed!


On my ice, I pvped at every level below level 35 (though this was before WT.) I'll tell you that there is a big difference between 26 and 22. 22 and below is when it starts getting difficult to face legends, but at 26, I had no problem. The simple solution is monstrous, it makes your attack take huge chucks out the opponents health, as low ranked people don't shield. They also tend to waste pips with out of school spells. The only problem is when they are down ranked and aren't really private.