Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life's new spell, guardian spirit.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
TheDarkestMask wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darkestmask,

But even with the TC version of Doom and Gloom up, the Wizard will still heal for at least 500, and the other wizard will be out of pips. Unless he plans this very carefully and gets the right cards at the right time.
If I took my life into PvP, I see him as immortal now.

Joe.


Who is to say the other wizard will be out of pips? How can you make this statement as it is a fact? Also, being as powerful as we are at level 80, did you know that a rank 2 spell can do 1000 damage? Now, seeing as no school except ice typically has over 50% universal resistance, that 2 pip spell can easily take out the life wizard.

Again, this will all go to who is more prepared for PvP and first turn advantage, but this is not effecting the spell being overpowered, that is all in the minds of the players and their strategies. If people dont look for a way to defeat a spell, then they will never find a way to defeat a spell.

What darth just said is absolutely true. I myself am against the spell and at least would like to take out critical from it ( yes I am a life wizard as well ), but so far in the battles I've been in no one has even bothered putting up a doom and gloom spell or even saving pips for when I revived. Of course if you don't plan you're going to lose? What do you expect KI to make PvP a luxury?


TheDarkestMask,

I don't want PvP to be a luxury, but I think that
is what the new Life spell makes it.
If I bring my life up, I don't have to worry about dying,
because I can't.
Kill me, I come right back, half or full health,
and we start all over again.

I'm more than happy to be in a battle for 2 hours,
with any of my Wizards at any level.

Often it has come down to a win or lost on the last spell.
So up to Level 70, I really feel that things are
somewhat balanced in PvP. I could win with my
Myth, Ice, Balance, Storm, or Death. (I have yet to
pvp my LIfe yet).

I have won with less than 100 hp, and I have lost
when I had expected to win. The Arena is an all
out battle, I know that, while some think it has rules.

I am not against the Life Gardian spell, completely.
I would like to see it altered, just as they are
already in the process of altering the Balance spell,
Mana Burn.
This is my complaint, these regens of life, bring them
close to 2000 hp, and if critical 4000 hp.
I have just been in a battle for over 2 hours, and now I
have another two hours to go.
This is why I am posting, don't stick me in a battle where I
just have to flee..... that's just not right.

Maybe a Time limit on Matches would fix this, and stop
Life and others from just be turtles. This way the Life
spell could stay as is, and a 2 hour time limit would stop
certain players from wasting others time, and force people
to fight in PVP if they want to rank up.

Btw, Doom and Gloom was added to my deck for my second bout with
a life Wizard (TC version).
Everyone say, oh, just do this or that, have your deck set up
to deal with the regen.

Fine, but the Life is doing the same thing, they have Pixie, Sprite,
Satyr in hand at defeat. Next round, even with D&G up, they are at
500 hp. One pixie later, they are over 1400, it is almost impossible
to take them out, without a perfect setup, for when the come back.
Maybe a player like Darthjt can do that, but for the rest of us,
it's just a bit unfair. Not to mention the time this adds to
every life you have to face.

So for now, until KI can get their act together, I am dropping back
to my low Level account, so I can go find Travis and have a real fight.

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1639
travisAk wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
This is where I knew most of the complaints would go to Life, but thank you for not complaining! There's a simple way of getting around this spell, as there is any other. Stack. All you have to do is stack up blades and traps (Don't overlap the traps, because when the Life wizard dies the traps are all gone) This is where low rank spells come in handy (Along with Shattered shields) Just simply use a heavy Hydra (Any rank 6 spell would do, really) And then, since you've stacked, each head would do around 2000. So, the Life wizard would obviously die, then this is where the saved up pips come in handy. Sure, the Life wizard could heal more then 50% of their health, but since they have no defenses at all, all you have to do is use a Judgement (Any quick attack you have in hand) and finish it off, then, done. Some Life wizards may use Earthquake, or just attack not caring about their health after the Guardian Spirit, which is where you might have to take a detour and then make the strike. Defeating a Life wizard takes some time, but it's not impossible!
Tell me how many high lvl life wizards don't use quake lol. Give me a break.


Honestly, hardly any Life wizards use Earthquake, it's more focused on Shatter now.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
doudjy wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darkestmask,

But even with the TC version of Doom and Gloom up, the Wizard will still heal for at least 500, and the other wizard will be out of pips. Unless he plans this very carefully and gets the right cards at the right time.
If I took my life into PvP, I see him as immortal now.

Joe.


Who is to say the other wizard will be out of pips? How can you make this statement as it is a fact? Also, being as powerful as we are at level 80, did you know that a rank 2 spell can do 1000 damage? Now, seeing as no school except ice typically has over 50% universal resistance, that 2 pip spell can easily take out the life wizard.

Again, this will all go to who is more prepared for PvP and first turn advantage, but this is not effecting the spell being overpowered, that is all in the minds of the players and their strategies. If people dont look for a way to defeat a spell, then they will never find a way to defeat a spell.


I just love it when you typically make these kind of assumptions as if no one else play the game? A 2 pip spell can easily take out a life wizard? What spell is that Darth?? Because I have not seen it. In another thread, you also stated that there are 2 pip spells that can do over 4000 hit. Again, What spell is that? If you are referring to bolt, I will tell you that even a critical bolt will NOT do this kind of damage. Several other factors such as blades (more than one), bubble, and a really low resist in order for a wild bolt to do close to 4000 hit. Beisides, storm is the ONLY school with a 2 pip spell that can do over 2000 hit without any blades, traps or bubble. So does that mean only storms should have the tools to deal with life's new spell?

Additionally, let me say this, you are NOT the only player who knows how to play this game. Every time some one complain about something (unless it's storm being "nerfed") you jump in to talk about how people "whine" and don't use "strategies". I have been playing this game for a long time, and I have over 1365 rank, MOST of which acquired through 1v1. I consider myself one of the BEST 1v1 player in this game, because I have dealt succesfully with some of pvp's biggest flaws, and I think this spell is flat out overpowered. You can talk about bringing dispels all you want, you are NOT going to prevent a life wizard from casting a life spell. You cannot cast a life dispel every round, and even if you could, it's all about guessing. If the life wizard is first, then you have no way of preventing that at all.

Now, let's talk about after the spell is cast. So, the life wizard has casted the spell, now you have to work on not only killing the wizard, but ALSO how to kill him AGAIN, right after he's back. Because if you don't, the wizard will cast ANOTHER one on himself, and the process has to be start again. On another thread you mentioned how satyr could do 4000 health, really? Not only is a huge boost required, but that satyr would HAVE to be criticaled, and who has the more chance of criticalling a satyr... LIFE!

Other than storm wizards, it takes a BIG combo to take out any opponents in the arena. For fire, it might be a fully loaded hound, or a very well prepared efreet. For myth it might be a really good medusa, or orthrus. In any case, you will certainly NOT have the resources to cast 2 fully loaded spells to kill a life wizard twice (in a row) to prevent the latter from casting another Guardian spirit. So, a life wizard can basically cast a Guardian spirit and worry about taking you out, while you have to worry about how to do the same thing TWICE! THAT is the main problem with the spell!


You also forgot to mention that each bolt has a drawback to it as well. Wild bolt can only hit mathmaticly 33.33% of the time, while insane bolt has a 25% of back firing on you and dealing 10 times the success damage, 10,000 moon damage really hurts your back.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
darthjt wrote:
Another aspect that people fail to realize. Schools have ways of defeating schools for very little pip cost. Especially Fire.

Now, if you know you are going to have a long battle and against the guardian spirit spell, be prepared and have a strategy against this spell.

As my fire, my strategy is to use Backdraft for around 100% damage boost, a fire trap, doom and gloom, fire shield, and a couple feints. Save up my pips, then if needed, shatter and then Immolate. Instant death for 4 pips, giving me plenty of pips left to finish them off a second time.

Each school has to think and devise a plan of attack for any possible scenario. I thrive on challenges, I don't whine and cry about them.


Darthjt,

Is the Life Wizard in your above attack senario allowed to do anything, or do they just stand there in awe and let you attack and defeat them?
Or, are you back in the Central Tourneys, where you know what type of Wizard you are fighting ahead of time. (Someone stated you don't know what they are at one time, that was wrong, btw).

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1639
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Another aspect that people fail to realize. Schools have ways of defeating schools for very little pip cost. Especially Fire.

Now, if you know you are going to have a long battle and against the guardian spirit spell, be prepared and have a strategy against this spell.

As my fire, my strategy is to use Backdraft for around 100% damage boost, a fire trap, doom and gloom, fire shield, and a couple feints. Save up my pips, then if needed, shatter and then Immolate. Instant death for 4 pips, giving me plenty of pips left to finish them off a second time.

Each school has to think and devise a plan of attack for any possible scenario. I thrive on challenges, I don't whine and cry about them.


Darthjt,

Is the Life Wizard in your above attack senario allowed to do anything, or do they just stand there in awe and let you attack and defeat them?
Or, are you back in the Central Tourneys, where you know what type of Wizard you are fighting ahead of time. (Someone stated you don't know what they are at one time, that was wrong, btw).

Joe.


The Life wizard wouldn't just be doing one thing, to what keeps you alive, is up to you.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1639
Fine, but the Life is doing the same thing, they have Pixie, Sprite,
Satyr in hand at defeat. Next round, even with D&G up, they are at
500 hp. One pixie later, they are over 1400, it is almost impossible
to take them out, without a perfect setup, for when the come back.
Maybe a player like Darthjt can do that, but for the rest of us,
it's just a bit unfair. Not to mention the time this adds to
every life you have to face.


Anyone can actually defeat them fairly easily. (I like fighting level 80 Life Archmages now, brings in more fun and a challenge), it's kind of like a test of skill and speed, if you don't do good enough, they'll recover to full health and you have to try again. Just don't stop trying, be persistent, because it's like a practice that will make you become a much better wizard. I have to say, ever since I started fighting wizards like these, I've improved in pvp even though I was already really good. Now, I'm even better, and know how to fully set up my deck to the best it can be. You should fight them, and learn. Just as Professor Greyrose says: With persistence, victory is assured. Or just as Roland SilverHeart says: Win or learn.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Another aspect that people fail to realize. Schools have ways of defeating schools for very little pip cost. Especially Fire.

Now, if you know you are going to have a long battle and against the guardian spirit spell, be prepared and have a strategy against this spell.

As my fire, my strategy is to use Backdraft for around 100% damage boost, a fire trap, doom and gloom, fire shield, and a couple feints. Save up my pips, then if needed, shatter and then Immolate. Instant death for 4 pips, giving me plenty of pips left to finish them off a second time.

Each school has to think and devise a plan of attack for any possible scenario. I thrive on challenges, I don't whine and cry about them.


Darthjt,

Is the Life Wizard in your above attack senario allowed to do anything, or do they just stand there in awe and let you attack and defeat them?
Or, are you back in the Central Tourneys, where you know what type of Wizard you are fighting ahead of time. (Someone stated you don't know what they are at one time, that was wrong, btw).

Joe.


So, you mean to tell me, that you don't know how to shield & heal? Is that what you are implying? I expect life to try and defeat me, however, I also know that life does not have a DoT spell. Therefore, I can easily shield against life. My pet will handle just about any life dispel that life puts on me. What I am trying to do, is teach a few of you how to defeat one spell. However, it sounds as if some people have completely made up their mind on this spell and refuse to listen and think of the possible scenarios.

I dont mind debating this spell, but I am not going to talk to a brick wall Joe, if you are not open to the possibilities, then there is no reason to continue this discussion.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
10
doudjy wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darkestmask,

But even with the TC version of Doom and Gloom up, the Wizard will still heal for at least 500, and the other wizard will be out of pips. Unless he plans this very carefully and gets the right cards at the right time.
If I took my life into PvP, I see him as immortal now.

Joe.


Who is to say the other wizard will be out of pips? How can you make this statement as it is a fact? Also, being as powerful as we are at level 80, did you know that a rank 2 spell can do 1000 damage? Now, seeing as no school except ice typically has over 50% universal resistance, that 2 pip spell can easily take out the life wizard.

Again, this will all go to who is more prepared for PvP and first turn advantage, but this is not effecting the spell being overpowered, that is all in the minds of the players and their strategies. If people dont look for a way to defeat a spell, then they will never find a way to defeat a spell.


I just love it when you typically make these kind of assumptions as if no one else play the game? A 2 pip spell can easily take out a life wizard? What spell is that Darth?? Because I have not seen it. In another thread, you also stated that there are 2 pip spells that can do over 4000 hit. Again, What spell is that? If you are referring to bolt, I will tell you that even a critical bolt will NOT do this kind of damage. Several other factors such as blades (more than one), bubble, and a really low resist in order for a wild bolt to do close to 4000 hit. Beisides, storm is the ONLY school with a 2 pip spell that can do over 2000 hit without any blades, traps or bubble. So does that mean only storms should have the tools to deal with life's new spell?

Additionally, let me say this, you are NOT the only player who knows how to play this game. Every time some one complain about something (unless it's storm being "nerfed") you jump in to talk about how people "whine" and don't use "strategies". I have been playing this game for a long time, and I have over 1365 rank, MOST of which acquired through 1v1. I consider myself one of the BEST 1v1 player in this game, because I have dealt succesfully with some of pvp's biggest flaws, and I think this spell is flat out overpowered. You can talk about bringing dispels all you want, you are NOT going to prevent a life wizard from casting a life spell. You cannot cast a life dispel every round, and even if you could, it's all about guessing. If the life wizard is first, then you have no way of preventing that at all.

Now, let's talk about after the spell is cast. So, the life wizard has casted the spell, now you have to work on not only killing the wizard, but ALSO how to kill him AGAIN, right after he's back. Because if you don't, the wizard will cast ANOTHER one on himself, and the process has to be start again. On another thread you mentioned how satyr could do 4000 health, really? Not only is a huge boost required, but that satyr would HAVE to be criticaled, and who has the more chance of criticalling a satyr... LIFE!

Other than storm wizards, it takes a BIG combo to take out any opponents in the arena. For fire, it might be a fully loaded hound, or a very well prepared efreet. For myth it might be a really good medusa, or orthrus. In any case, you will certainly NOT have the resources to cast 2 fully loaded spells to kill a life wizard twice (in a row) to prevent the latter from casting another Guardian spirit. So, a life wizard can basically cast a Guardian spirit and worry about taking you out, while you have to worry about how to do the same thing TWICE! THAT is the main problem with the spell!


I've been looking at all the posts on gaurdian spirit. And lots of people are pretty unhappy about it. Check out mkt3's post though, its not impossible. Its only be out for like a month, give it some time before you just flat out go against it. In some cases you can overcome it. Just how many life wizards do you verse? Not every wizard is a life wizard in the arena.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Another aspect that people fail to realize. Schools have ways of defeating schools for very little pip cost. Especially Fire.

Now, if you know you are going to have a long battle and against the guardian spirit spell, be prepared and have a strategy against this spell.

As my fire, my strategy is to use Backdraft for around 100% damage boost, a fire trap, doom and gloom, fire shield, and a couple feints. Save up my pips, then if needed, shatter and then Immolate. Instant death for 4 pips, giving me plenty of pips left to finish them off a second time.

Each school has to think and devise a plan of attack for any possible scenario. I thrive on challenges, I don't whine and cry about them.


Darthjt,

Is the Life Wizard in your above attack senario allowed to do anything, or do they just stand there in awe and let you attack and defeat them?
Or, are you back in the Central Tourneys, where you know what type of Wizard you are fighting ahead of time. (Someone stated you don't know what they are at one time, that was wrong, btw).

Joe.


So, you mean to tell me, that you don't know how to shield & heal? Is that what you are implying? I expect life to try and defeat me, however, I also know that life does not have a DoT spell. Therefore, I can easily shield against life. My pet will handle just about any life dispel that life puts on me. What I am trying to do, is teach a few of you how to defeat one spell. However, it sounds as if some people have completely made up their mind on this spell and refuse to listen and think of the possible scenarios.

I dont mind debating this spell, but I am not going to talk to a brick wall Joe, if you are not open to the possibilities, then there is no reason to continue this discussion.


Darthjt,

Are you bias now against the verticle and horizontal lines on my red tinited face, I'm hurt.
Plus I'm always open to new possiblilties, when they are within reason. Just some players are not as open to real problems like they should be. Maybe that's because they have climbed so far up the ladder, they can't see the players that are now below them. Maybe when you are that far up the ladder, you can't see or remember the problems that all the other players are having.

As you play the game more and more, your understanding grows deeper and deeper, true is it not?

KI is in this state I think, they are forgetting the majority of the players, and thinking of a class of player that is only in the top 1 or 2%. Better look around, I think you are standing next to them.

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Guess who posted this... Quote: "Actually, it all depends on the scenario. A myth can very easily take out anyone with 1 Basilisk spell and have plenty remaining for life's guardian spirit and then follow up with a Minotaur to finish life Off.

Storm obviously has the power.

Fire can finish off life with Rain of Fire, and follow up with Immolate if necessary or Pheonix, or Helephant. It all varies on what you do, compared with what your opponent does. Who is more prepared. Is that not PvP?

Or are you scared of a challenge? Having to outhink your oppenent."

Lets see, we have a Myth with four dispells swinging around his head, and he cannot heal. We set up and take out a 4500 Life Wizard, and now the Life Wizard Criticals and comes back to 4500 life, and we got the power to take them out with 2 or 3 pips? Same goes for a Storm, but I will admit, I didn't know my storm had gotten so poweful.
Now even with the D&G up, they only heal to 1,125 and then one Pixie bring them up another 250 under D&G. So now they are sitting at 1,375, with 40% or better resist. Will take a hit of 1,925 hp to take them out.
Can it be done, yes, but by how many average duelest, very few.
So Life has the world's time dominated right now,,, a bit unfair.

PvP should not be about marathon time battles, and that is what it has become with Life. The Ice and Balance turtles were finally stopped with Shatter, and even though I don't like the spell and have only used it once, it was needed. We are right back into the game boat now with Life.
Now even D&G and Shatter can't stop them, a very poor idea imo.

Am I scared of a challenge, I guess the answer to that has to be "yes", if it's going to take more time that I can give. A one or two hour battle is fine, but to setup and take out a life and then have them come back to close to 1500 in one round, when under D&G is simply not right. Two rounds later they are back at full health. That is, no matter what way you look at it, a problem in the game.

Again, the problem with your comments above is "Who can do what you can do?". Are you going to take 1 million players under your wing on every battle they play?

Joe.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
darthjt wrote:


Obviously, you did not read what Joe stated. He said, that when a Doom & Gloom is present, life will have around 500 health after the guardian spirit spell revives them. If you play the game so much, you know that a 2 pip spell can easily do 500 damge. Even with life having resistance.

In case of a fire wizard, yes, I can do over 500 hit with a sunbird (3 pips), but with a fire elf, I would have to wait at least 2 turns to see an overall damage of 500.

What 2 pip spell can do 500 damage? Storm Bats, Troll, Leprechaun, Scorpion, need I go on?
what fire spell can do 500 damage for 2 pips in one turn?

Seriously, Wildbolt will not do this? Does your storm have 50% damage boost? Ok, let me walk you through this, shall I? Storm, even at an 80% damage boost + 1000 damage Wild Bold + 275 or a 300 Colossal enchantment + critical = 4680 for 2 pips. Yes, you can then subtract life's maybe 42 resistance. Did life survive? Point was, you said 4000 damage could not be done when it can.
Ok, Darth, I respect for the same reasons you respect me. You are usually very precise and on point, unlike some people on the threads. However, I was surprised here. I think you might need to revise your math. Let's take a closer look at this:
So, a storm wizard put a colossal on a wild bolt, and here are the resulting numbers: 285, 375, and 1275
now let's work some math:
first let's apply storm's boost (80%):
1275*.80=1020
The damage becomes:
1020+1275=2295
Critical:
2295*2=4590
Let's apply the 42% resist:
4590*.42=1927.8
The final damage becomes:
4590-1927.8=2662.2

Hardly 4000, is it?

Sorry, I just proved that it does not take any blades, bubbles, or traps for storm to hit for 4k damage. Now, imagine if there was a blade or trap, even a feint. Yowza!
Sorry, but I just proved you wrong. Revise your math buddy. It is very unlike you to make such mistake...

But all the other schools can easily do 500 damage even with the life resistance for 2 pips.
I discussed this above

Actually, all schools have the ability, But you have to be ready, you have to carry doom and gloom. You have to expect this scenario.
I expect every scenario in pvp, unless i haven't seen it yet. And I always carry doom. I would not pvp without it.

Never said I was the only player that knows how to play this game. However, most posts are people whining about spells, tactics, and gear. People are not trying to form strategies and how to defeat a specific spell.
No, dispels will not always work, sometimes they will, sometimes they wont. Doom & Gloom is a good way to prevent that massive healing though, which will enable you to defeat life easily that 2nd time.

I agree, but what I'm saying is that doom is usually cast in the middle of a duel, or right after one feels like he/she has gained the upper hand; hardly, in the begining of a duel. Life wizards usually cast the spell right when they get the necessary pips. As I'm writing this, I just learned that KI has lowered it to 15%, I don't think that's going to make much difference. I would rather it stay at 25% and it can't be critical and can't be cast twice on the same olayer.

I love how you are stating defeating them again. Like every single time, Guardian spirit will completely and totally revive them to full health.
You don't think a life wizard getting over 2800 hp from the spell basically you have to kill them again?

I did state this on another thread, also stated that it had to be critical and that life is best suited for this. However, Storm has healing Current, which can also critical heal for 4000 with proper healing boosts, Balance can easily critical heal for 4000, same as life can. Point was, life was not the only school that can easily heal. Even other schools with a life mastery amulet can heal for 2000 without a critical. What point did you have here?
I don't mind the healing Darth, I never did. I know life has always been great healer, and that was fine by me. But Guardian Spirit is more than just healing, it's giving a player who has been defeated another shot. totally different!

Actually, it all depends on the scenario. A myth can very easily take out anyone with 1 Basilisk spell and have plenty remaining for life's guardian spirit and then follow up with a Minotaur to finish life Off.
Basilisk is a 9 pip spell, and minotaur is a 5 pip spell, which add up to 14 pip (12, considering a pip will be gained after the life wizard comes back to life). It's not impossible, but you see how unlikely it can be. And what about the other schools, can they all land such heavy double attack?

Or are you scared of a challenge? Having to outhink your oppenent.
Me scared of a challenge? I face that every day when I pvp. Outhinking is somethig that I've been doing to get my rank

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
doudjy wrote:
darthjt wrote:


Obviously, you did not read what Joe stated. He said, that when a Doom & Gloom is present, life will have around 500 health after the guardian spirit spell revives them. If you play the game so much, you know that a 2 pip spell can easily do 500 damge. Even with life having resistance.

In case of a fire wizard, yes, I can do over 500 hit with a sunbird (3 pips), but with a fire elf, I would have to wait at least 2 turns to see an overall damage of 500.

What 2 pip spell can do 500 damage? Storm Bats, Troll, Leprechaun, Scorpion, need I go on?
what fire spell can do 500 damage for 2 pips in one turn?


Hey now, we said 500 damage for 2 pips, nothing about DoT. I dunno, did you try the firebats treasure card? That has a slight chance of getting close. Still does not change the fact that 500 damage can be done for 2 pips.


Seriously, Wildbolt will not do this? Does your storm have 50% damage boost? Ok, let me walk you through this, shall I? Storm, even at an 80% damage boost + 1000 damage Wild Bold + 275 or a 300 Colossal enchantment + critical = 4680 for 2 pips. Yes, you can then subtract life's maybe 42 resistance. Did life survive? Point was, you said 4000 damage could not be done when it can.
Ok, Darth, I respect for the same reasons you respect me. You are usually very precise and on point, unlike some people on the threads. However, I was surprised here. I think you might need to revise your math. Let's take a closer look at this:
So, a storm wizard put a colossal on a wild bolt, and here are the resulting numbers: 285, 375, and 1275
now let's work some math:
first let's apply storm's boost (80%):
1275*.80=1020
The damage becomes:
1020+1275=2295
Critical:
2295*2=4590
Let's apply the 42% resist:
4590*.42=1927.8
The final damage becomes:
4590-1927.8=2662.2

Hardly 4000, is it?


Woah, hold on there pilgrim, you are forgetting to add in the 20% armor piercing from Infallible and the 2 or 3% armor piercing from the wand.

Now, with 22% armor piercing, you really might want to check your math again. Even use a Colossal Treasure card. Point is, it Can be done.


Sorry, I just proved that it does not take any blades, bubbles, or traps for storm to hit for 4k damage. Now, imagine if there was a blade or trap, even a feint. Yowza!
Sorry, but I just proved you wrong. Revise your math buddy. It is very unlike you to make such mistake...


No mistake was made, you just did not add in all the factors to the equation.


But all the other schools can easily do 500 damage even with the life resistance for 2 pips.
I discussed this above


Don't blame me that fire is mostly DoT spells. Fire Cat comes pretty close to most 2 pip spells for other schools. Of course, many of you are giving up a lot of damage boost for insane healing boosts, by using the cosmic kris and stellar signet, when you can use the crafted athame for 25% incoming boost and get a damage boost increase. But everyone has their own preferences.


Actually, all schools have the ability, But you have to be ready, you have to carry doom and gloom. You have to expect this scenario.
I expect every scenario in pvp, unless i haven't seen it yet. And I always carry doom. I would not pvp without it.

Never said I was the only player that knows how to play this game. However, most posts are people whining about spells, tactics, and gear. People are not trying to form strategies and how to defeat a specific spell.
No, dispels will not always work, sometimes they will, sometimes they wont. Doom & Gloom is a good way to prevent that massive healing though, which will enable you to defeat life easily that 2nd time.

I agree, but what I'm saying is that doom is usually cast in the middle of a duel, or right after one feels like he/she has gained the upper hand; hardly, in the begining of a duel. Life wizards usually cast the spell right when they get the necessary pips. As I'm writing this, I just learned that KI has lowered it to 15%, I don't think that's going to make much difference. I would rather it stay at 25% and it can't be critical and can't be cast twice on the same olayer.


Well, as always, spells are changed and not always the way we would like them to be changed. So, spells are nerfed once again due to PvP and this will have a small effect to the spell, but not a significant one. And, if you know that your oppenent has the spell, then you know you have to use doom and gloom before they cast the spell. However, I think that should be changed, since it is not healing them when they cast the spell, but rather, when they are revived. Still, if you know it is coming, then you, being the Warlord, should be prepared and ready to cast this spell when it is needed, after all, this is PvP, not, cast whatever whenever.


I love how you are stating defeating them again. Like every single time, Guardian spirit will completely and totally revive them to full health.
You don't think a life wizard getting over 2800 hp from the spell basically you have to kill them again?


You could have to do this with Satyr if you left them with 1 health, would you not? Also, this 2800 hp, is still stating that life is always hitting critical, always casting spell without doom and gloom. Sorry, but to be a good pvp player, you must be ready, for any school at any time. If you are constantly allowing these things to happen to you, you can't be as good as you think and say you are.

I did state this on another thread, also stated that it had to be critical and that life is best suited for this. However, Storm has healing Current, which can also critical heal for 4000 with proper healing boosts, Balance can easily critical heal for 4000, same as life can. Point was, life was not the only school that can easily heal. Even other schools with a life mastery amulet can heal for 2000 without a critical. What point did you have here?
I don't mind the healing Darth, I never did. I know life has always been great healer, and that was fine by me. But Guardian Spirit is more than just healing, it's giving a player who has been defeated another shot. totally different!

Actually, it all depends on the scenario. A myth can very easily take out anyone with 1 Basilisk spell and have plenty remaining for life's guardian spirit and then follow up with a Minotaur to finish life Off.
Basilisk is a 9 pip spell, and minotaur is a 5 pip spell, which add up to 14 pip (12, considering a pip will be gained after the life wizard comes back to life). It's not impossible, but you see how unlikely it can be. And what about the other schools, can they all land such heavy double attack?

Why would any school need a double attack? When life is ressurected, life loses all shields. All you need is that 1 attack to take out whatever health they were revived to, which is dependant on what you did in preperation before they cast the spell.

Also, Basilisk is a Dot spell that stuns. Like if Fire cast Rain of Fire and then cast a stun. Let rain of fire do it's damage, and build up pips. When life is defeated and then ressurrected, fire should have 2 additional rounds of pips to attack with. Stuns cost 0 pips to cast. Of course, as everything, this varies on who goes first.

Or are you scared of a challenge? Having to outhink your oppenent.

Me scared of a challenge? I face that every day when I pvp. Outhinking is somethig that I've been doing to get my rank


Then why are you constantly complaining about this one spell and stating a bunch of what if's. Also, you are taking this spell to the extreme everytime to try and prove a point, when it dulls the point. Life will not always hit a critical on this heal. Life will not always get to cast this spell when doom & gloom is not present.

Also, life's Sancturary spell is 3 pips, while Doom & Gloom is 2 pips. So the war rages on!

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
darthjt wrote:


Hey now, we said 500 damage for 2 pips, nothing about DoT. I dunno, did you try the firebats treasure card? That has a slight chance of getting close. Still does not change the fact that 500 damage can be done for 2 pips.

Yes, because I carry every fire spells that exists in my deck...because I have 1000 spots in my deck.

Woah, hold on there pilgrim, you are forgetting to add in the 20% armor piercing from Infallible and the 2 or 3% armor piercing from the wand.
Seriously?? I just read your previous post, and you did NOT mention anything about a tc infallible being involved, much less that 2% pierce from wand you just added.

Now, with 22% armor piercing, you really might want to check your math again. Even use a Colossal Treasure card. Point is, it Can be done.
LOL, ok, let me check it again, just for ya.
first let's apply storm's boost (80%):
1275*.80=1020
The damage becomes:
1020+1275=2295
Critical:
2295*2=4590
Let's apply the 22% piercing:
42%-22%=20%
Now let's apply the new resist:
4590*.20=918
The final damage becomes:
4590-918= 3672
hmm, we still can't reach the magic number of 4000. Are there any other factors you wanna add.

No mistake was made, you just did not add in all the factors to the equation.
First off, you did NOT mention those factors before
Second, I just proved to you that even with the added factors, the numbers don't get to 4000.

Don't blame me that fire is mostly DoT spells.
wait, what?? Who is blaming anyone for anything??

Fire Cat comes pretty close to most 2 pip spells for other schools.
Really?

Of course, many of you are giving up a lot of damage boost for insane healing boosts, by using the cosmic kris and stellar signet, when you can use the crafted athame for 25% incoming boost and get a damage boost increase. But everyone has their own preferences.
Many of you?? Are you referring to me? Because I don't think I mentioned here what kind of ring and athame I use. But for the record, I still use the lvl 66 athame that gives 24% incoming boost, and the stellar signet ring.

You could have to do this with Satyr if you left them with 1 health, would you not?
Again, I do NOT have a problem with satyr because no matter how much a life heal, I know that once I kill him/her, the match is OVER. This is NOT the case for Guardian Spirit.

Also, this 2800 hp, is still stating that life is always hitting critical
Actually, life does NOT need to critial the spell get 2800 on it. How can you not know this?

Sorry, but to be a good pvp player, you must be ready, for any school at any time. If you are constantly allowing these things to happen to you, you can't be as good as you think and say you are.
And I am always ready for any school. Allowing what to happen? A life casting the spell in the 3rd or 4 round? Whoa, that must be very hard for them to do, and easy for one to not allow

Why would any school need a double attack?
why you asked? Hmm, let's see, the first one to take the life out, and the second one, to take him/her out again once he revives.

Like if Fire cast Rain of Fire and then cast a stun.
yeah, because fire typically carries rain of fire for 1v1

Stuns cost 0 pips to cast.
Which stun? The fire one or the myth one? If you're talking about the one from the Nevermore Talon wand, then what wand was used earlier giving the 2% pierce? So, is the wizard carrying 2 wands?

Then why are you constantly complaining about this one spell and stating a bunch of what if's.
Wait, am I the only making assumptions? You assume that the storm wizard will get a wild bolt right when he needs it, that he will hit a 1000 on it, that he will critical it, and the opponent won't block.
You also assumed the fire will get the rain of fire at the right time, that he will get a stun RIGHT AFTER that.
You also assumed that dispel and doom and glooms will always come up at right time. Do I need to go on?

Also, you are taking this spell to the extreme everytime to try and prove a point, when it dulls the point.
how ironic? Didn't you do the same for wild bolt? You have constantly changed, or not mention things to prove a point.

Life will not always hit a critical on this heal. Life will not always get to cast this spell when doom & gloom is not present.
Because fire will always get cast rain of fire? Myth will always get to cast basilisk? Storm will always get to critical and get no block? You see where I'm going with this, don't you?

Also, life's Sancturary spell is 3 pips, while Doom & Gloom is 2 pips. So the war rages on!
Right, because my side deck is only full of doom and glooms.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
They are now changing guardian spirit to 15% revive. There still will be healing boosts and criticals.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
So, just curious:

Why are there absolutely no complaints about Spirit Guardian in PvE?

It seems to me that the spell is first for PvE and second for PvP. Why then, should KI nerf this excellent spell? Life gets little enough, and we can't even have this? In PvE? Because of PvP?

Something just isn't fair about this.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
doudjy wrote:
darthjt wrote:


Hey now, we said 500 damage for 2 pips, nothing about DoT. I dunno, did you try the firebats treasure card? That has a slight chance of getting close. Still does not change the fact that 500 damage can be done for 2 pips.

Yes, because I carry every fire spells that exists in my deck...because I have 1000 spots in my deck.


Really? I need to tell you how important deck management is? Too many of one thing is bad, too few is also bad. Not having what you need, especially, when you need it is horrific.

Woah, hold on there pilgrim, you are forgetting to add in the 20% armor piercing from Infallible and the 2 or 3% armor piercing from the wand.
Seriously?? I just read your previous post, and you did NOT mention anything about a tc infallible being involved, much less that 2% pierce from wand you just added.


Seriously?? I have to tell you about all the variables? I said it is possible for storm to hit 4000k, those are my exact words. And it's still true. Treasure card Colossal adds 25 more, and storm can have 114% damage boost if wanting to, but I lowered it all the way down to 80%, since that was where most people say storm is at.


Now, with 22% armor piercing, you really might want to check your math again. Even use a Colossal Treasure card. Point is, it Can be done.
LOL, ok, let me check it again, just for ya.
first let's apply storm's boost (80%):
1275*.80=1020
The damage becomes:
1020+1275=2295
Critical:
2295*2=4590
Let's apply the 22% piercing:
42%-22%=20%
Now let's apply the new resist:
4590*.20=918
The final damage becomes:
4590-918= 3672
hmm, we still can't reach the magic number of 4000. Are there any other factors you wanna add.


WoW, really? 3672 and this is stating that Life has spell proof 10, defy 5, Waterworks Gear, which does not have good critical stats for Guardian Spirit, which you all are stating criticals nearly 100% of the time. Also stating that storm is not using any other armor piercing, or only using 80% of the 114% storm can have. No, I say this again, 4000 can be done by storm for 2 pips. Say what you want, but you cant change facts!


No mistake was made, you just did not add in all the factors to the equation.
First off, you did NOT mention those factors before
Second, I just proved to you that even with the added factors, the numbers don't get to 4000.


First off, you say you are Warlord, I should not have to tell you all the factors, you should know what they are. Second, you proved that only under the factors that I have mentioned, it does 3672, which, as anyone that knows pvp, can easily be turned to 4000 with a couple more damage boost, armor piercing, or a less resistant pet on life. Which Does happen!


Of course, many of you are giving up a lot of damage boost for insane healing boosts, by using the cosmic kris and stellar signet, when you can use the crafted athame for 25% incoming boost and get a damage boost increase. But everyone has their own preferences.
Many of you?? Are you referring to me? Because I don't think I mentioned here what kind of ring and athame I use. But for the record, I still use the lvl 66 athame that gives 24% incoming boost, and the stellar signet ring.

You could have to do this with Satyr if you left them with 1 health, would you not?
Again, I do NOT have a problem with satyr because no matter how much a life heal, I know that once I kill him/her, the match is OVER. This is NOT the case for Guardian Spirit.

Also, this 2800 hp, is still stating that life is always hitting critical
Actually, life does NOT need to critial the spell get 2800 on it. How can you not know this?


Okay, let's be realistic here. 2800 is a number that was being thrown around by joe. When Joe actually stated 2000, but with Life's resistance is having to do 2800 damage. This is not mentioning the fact of Doom & Gloom either. You are trying to stack the deck in your favor.


Sorry, but to be a good pvp player, you must be ready, for any school at any time. If you are constantly allowing these things to happen to you, you can't be as good as you think and say you are.
And I am always ready for any school. Allowing what to happen? A life casting the spell in the 3rd or 4 round? Whoa, that must be very hard for them to do, and easy for one to not allow


If you know they are life, you know this is coming, you cast Doom & Gloom, you were gonna cast it anyways, just now, you have to cast it sooner than later. Once they have this spell cast, under doom & gloom conditions, it's not like life can stack this spell over and over.


Why would any school need a double attack?
why you asked? Hmm, let's see, the first one to take the life out, and the second one, to take him/her out again once he revives.


You made it sound like you were talking a double attack, like minotaur or orthrus. Every school can be take out an enemy and be ready for a second attack and if you did not get the pips, stun your enemy, buy yourself a round.


Like if Fire cast Rain of Fire and then cast a stun.
yeah, because fire typically carries rain of fire for 1v1


Well, maybe you should start. I told you and everyone else, sometimes, you have to rethink your strategies.


Stuns cost 0 pips to cast.
Which stun? The fire one or the myth one? If you're talking about the one from the Nevermore Talon wand, then what wand was used earlier giving the 2% pierce? So, is the wizard carrying 2 wands?


Are you serious? You do know that you can buy stun treasure cards in the bazaar, right? You can buy myth or ice stuns. They are very effective and cost 0 pips. Fire stun effects all and is 2 pips. Nobody said anything about 2 wands. If you are fire and you don't have stuns, all I can say is WOW. The #1 strategy after a DoT ever since triage was released, to either use a stun or to cast fire elf/link.


Then why are you constantly complaining about this one spell and stating a bunch of what if's.
Wait, am I the only making assumptions? You assume that the storm wizard will get a wild bolt right when he needs it, that he will hit a 1000 on it, that he will critical it, and the opponent won't block.
You also assumed the fire will get the rain of fire at the right time, that he will get a stun RIGHT AFTER that.
You also assumed that dispel and doom and glooms will always come up at right time. Do I need to go on?


There are a bunch of factors in PvP, hence, why it is called PvP. To state that life will always critical, or always be at full health after Guardian spirit, to state it is impossible to take life out immediately after their ressurection is a false statement. I am giving you options, ways to see the error of your ways. I am trying to tutor you.


Life will not always hit a critical on this heal. Life will not always get to cast this spell when doom & gloom is not present.
Because fire will always get cast rain of fire? Myth will always get to cast basilisk? Storm will always get to critical and get no block? You see where I'm going with this, don't you?


Is that not what PvP is all about? Now, what you have done, is nerf a spell. Does it change anything or any of the factors? Nope sure doesn't. Now life will simply use guiding light, then Guardian spirit. All of these complaints have done nothing except nerf a good spell, because people are too stubborn to look and think of ways to defeat a spell.


Also, life's Sancturary spell is 3 pips, while Doom & Gloom is 2 pips. So the war rages on!
Right, because my side deck is only full of doom and glooms.


Are you always facing life? Are you always facing life with full resistance, with 100% criticals? No! Enough with the overexaggeration of this one spell! Honestly, if some of you can't honestly find a way to defeat this spell, I am amazed you ever got to 1200 rank to begin with, unless you have been using the Puppet Teams strategy.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
darthjt wrote:
Another aspect that people fail to realize. Schools have ways of defeating schools for very little pip cost. Especially Fire.

Now, if you know you are going to have a long battle and against the guardian spirit spell, be prepared and have a strategy against this spell.

As my fire, my strategy is to use Backdraft for around 100% damage boost, a fire trap, doom and gloom, fire shield, and a couple feints. Save up my pips, then if needed, shatter and then Immolate. Instant death for 4 pips, giving me plenty of pips left to finish them off a second time.

Each school has to think and devise a plan of attack for any possible scenario. I thrive on challenges, I don't whine and cry about them.


Your only counting the pips for immolate, true this is a wonderful stragety, but any experienced player would carry other global spells, hidden shields and weaknesses, and withh all the pips and turns used to buff up and shield, it' sa harder stragety than you describe. I do agree it is easy to finish off a reborn life, especially since they come back with NO pips.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2724
queenlybluebean wrote:
So, just curious:

Why are there absolutely no complaints about Spirit Guardian in PvE?

It seems to me that the spell is first for PvE and second for PvP. Why then, should KI nerf this excellent spell? Life gets little enough, and we can't even have this? In PvE? Because of PvP?

Something just isn't fair about this.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist


As soon as the spell is introduced to the enemy decks.....I will expect those complaints to roll in. Right now, no one is complaining because it is simply a team spell in PvE, no one has to "fight" against it. As soon as a cheating bosses requires you to defeat them twice, the message boards will light up.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
kingurz wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
So, just curious:

Why are there absolutely no complaints about Spirit Guardian in PvE?

It seems to me that the spell is first for PvE and second for PvP. Why then, should KI nerf this excellent spell? Life gets little enough, and we can't even have this? In PvE? Because of PvP?

Something just isn't fair about this.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist


As soon as the spell is introduced to the enemy decks.....I will expect those complaints to roll in. Right now, no one is complaining because it is simply a team spell in PvE, no one has to "fight" against it. As soon as a cheating bosses requires you to defeat them twice, the message boards will light up.


I think that will be a great challenge, actually! As a Theurgist, I can think of at least 4 ways to negate Guardian Spirit. I can't imagine high level wizards would have much trouble developing strategies for such bosses, including negating the actual rules that triggers the "cheats". We do it all the time, as exemplified by the many reports of soloists' success with Waterworks and ToH. Remember when the Warehouse would strike terror into a wizard's soul? LOL, I still feel cold dread when I consider venturing into Kensington Park :)

Anyway, my point is this: The spell Guardian Spirit is a PvE spell, earned via questing. It is not fair to alter the spell for PvE to satisfy PvP, especially as the majority of Theurgists haven't even gotten it yet. Those wizards using Guardian Spirit to such devastating effect in PvP are simply capitalizing on their early advantage, before some innovative Warlord develops a strategy to nullify that advantage.

The current cry and hue over Guardian Spirit is apparently a coordinated effort to force global changes to the game based on threats of membership cancellation by a minority in the community, which is coercive at best. I saw several posts on a large fan site which lay out the arguments for changing Guardian Spirit, and many replies of assent from that community. I see those talking points introduced to these forums according to the plan.

As a PvE member, and the payer of 4 PvE-focused accounts, I disagree with such a strategy to change the game for the pleasure of a few members.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
darthjt wrote:


Really? I need to tell you how important deck management is? Too many of one thing is bad, too few is also bad. Not having what you need, especially, when you need it is horrific.
No, you do not need to tell me how important deck management is. I genuinely believe that I have the best deck set up possible for a fire. And btw, it is because I know how important deck management is that I don't carry Rain of Fire.

Seriously?? I have to tell you about all the variables? I said it is possible for storm to hit 4000k, those are my exact words.
Wait, I'm sorry, did I add something?? I used your OWN variables. And actually, here are you exact words:
"Seriously, Wildbolt will not do this? Does your storm have 50% damage boost? Ok, let me walk you through this, shall I? Storm, even at an 80% damage boost + 1000 damage Wild Bold + 275 or a 300 Colossal enchantment + critical = 4680 for 2 pips. Yes, you can then subtract life's maybe 42 resistance. Did life survive? Point was, you said 4000 damage could not be done when it can."
Note: I just copied this and pasted it, so I didn't change anything.
So, I used your own variables (80% damage boost, colossal, critical, and 42% resit) and it did NOT get close to the number you said. So, where am I wrong here??

And it's still true.
what is still true? That storm can do over 4000 hit with the variables you proposed? Then, my math is wrong. Why don't you show me your own calculations where the numbers add up to 4000?

Treasure card Colossal adds 25 more,
so?

and storm can have 114% damage boost if wanting to, but I lowered it all the way down to 80%, since that was where most people say storm is at.
Then maybe you should have done the math with 80% boost to verify that it would do 4000.

WoW, really? 3672 and this is stating that Life has spell proof 10, defy 5, Waterworks Gear, which does not have good critical stats for Guardian Spirit, which you all are stating criticals nearly 100% of the time.
Wait, I'm sorry, are you not the one who proposed the 42% resist? It doesn't matter if it's with proof and defy. That's irrelevant. YOU came up with the 42% resist. Now, why is that suddenly a problem?? Oh, maybe because the numbers don't add up to 4000.
And, like I said before, a life with a high boost will STILL get a large amount of health back regardless if he/she criticals.

Also stating that storm is not using any other armor piercing, or only using 80% of the 114% storm can have.
Ok, you REALLY need to come with a definitive sets of variables. Maybe 300 critical storm, over 100% damage boost, 5% added pierce on gear, and facing a life with 22% resist to storm. In any case, let me know when you have a definitive sets of variables, because every time you keep adding them, and I'm lost.

No, I say this again, 4000 can be done by storm for 2 pips. Say what you want, but you cant change facts!
Can bats do over a million damage? Well yes, of course! The likelihood of this happening in pvp though? Slim to none!
And what facts? I used YOUR facts to prove YOU that it was not possible. Now, why don't you come up with other facts to prove me wrong?

First off, you say you are Warlord, I should not have to tell you all the factors, you should know what they are.
I'm sorry, but I used your own factors. Next time, check them before you post them. Because someone just might prove you wrong. And besides, I DID say that others factors such as blades, bubble and trap would have to be involved to get to your number, did I not?

Second, you proved that only under the factors that I have mentioned, it does 3672, which, as anyone that knows pvp, can easily be turned to 4000 with a couple more damage boost, armor piercing, or a less resistant pet on life. Which Does happen!
Well, of course I used your own factors to prove you that. THAT was my point all along, was it not? Second, what if I throw in a storm shield for the life? THAT is also a factor? What? is the life not allowed to shield?

You are trying to stack the deck in your favor.
And so are you Darth. And no, I am trying to be realistic. I have watched countless of pvp involing storm spammers, and not ONCE, in a pvp match involving warlords did I see a storm hit a 4000 bolt. I have seen over 2500 bolt though. Heck, one even criticaled me once for 2600. But, 4000, I haven't seen it, and there is a reason for that. It's just not realistic! It's not impossible, but it's unrealistic.

If you know they are life, you know this is coming, you cast Doom & Gloom, you were gonna cast it anyways,
Doom and gloom is a very tricky spell, and you should know this. I can't count how many times have I seen the person who cast doom and gloom regret it. It's not a spell you use just because you know you are facing a life. I believe you should know this Darth, since you seem so knowledgeable about pvp. This spell is a lot like a dispel, it has to be perfectly timed!

just now, you have to cast it sooner than later. Once they have this spell cast, under doom & gloom conditions, it's not like life can stack this spell over and over.
Refer to above...

You made it sound like you were talking a double attack, like minotaur or orthrus. Every school can be take out an enemy and be ready for a second attack and if you did not get the pips, stun your enemy, buy yourself a round.
stun rarely comes up when you need it, EVEN when you have it as tc as well.


Well, maybe you should start. I told you and everyone else, sometimes, you have to rethink your strategies.
Darth, I don't know if you have a fire, or if you do, do you pvp much with him. Because this is the kind of statement that make it feels like you don't know much about the school. I have NEVER seen any good fire pvper use Rain of fire in 1v1, and neither do I. Why would I? I usually do carry 2 tcs dragons though. But, it's only to deal with talos spammers! With the additions of those 2 cards, I have 10 spells in my deck that can take out a talos.

Are you serious? You do know that you can buy stun treasure cards in the bazaar, right?
Oh, no I didn't know that. Thanks for informing me Darth... sigh
Besides, why would I waste a spot on my sideboard deck, when there is much more important spells I could add? My deck already feels like it's too small.

If you are fire and you don't have stuns, all I can say is WOW.
Yes, Darth, surprise! I don't carry stuns, and I do extremely well without it. Even IF I wanted to carry some, I could not find a spot for it in my deck.

The #1 strategy after a DoT ever since triage was released, to either use a stun or to cast fire elf/link.
First, what makes you think I'm a hound user? (I do carry it, though, but use it only on certain situation).
Second, I always double my hound when I use them or use a link after it.
And third, my wand provides me with 2 stuns, which is more than I need.

There are a bunch of factors in PvP, hence, why it is called PvP. To state that life will always critical, or always be at full health after Guardian spirit, to state it is impossible to take life out immediately after their ressurection is a false statement.
wait, when/where did I say it was impossible to take out a life after they come back to life? Why would I call something I have done impossible?

I am giving you options, ways to see the error of your ways. I am trying to tutor you.
Let me tell you this, I look at my deck EVERY time before I pvp, and after pvp. Pvp is evolving, and I am evolving with it. And, you are trying to tutor me?? Haha! well, I wonder what my rank would be if my deck had spells like rain of fire, and immolate for 1v1. Come on now Darth, let's stop joking for a moment, you couldn't possibly tutor me anything about fire. That is MY domain, and I'm VERY good at it!

Is that not what PvP is all about? Now, what you have done, is nerf a spell. Does it change anything or any of the factors? Nope sure doesn't. Now life will simply use guiding light, then Guardian spirit. All of these complaints have done nothing except nerf a good spell, because people are too stubborn to look and think of ways to defeat a spell.
Well, like I said, I would NOT mind the 25%, but just don't add critical and boost to it. You seem to think that all spells are good and fair. Hmm, maybe they should bring wild bolt the way it was. With so much accuracy being added to attacks (infallible), I'm sure it'd be fair!

Are you always facing life?
How am I supposed to know who I'm going to face??

Are you always facing life with full resistance, with 100% criticals?
Of course not! Just like storm doesn't always have 114% damage boost, and over 200 critical. It applies to BOTH sides!

Enough with the overexaggeration of this one spell!
I'd say the same for wild bolt hitting over 4000. Talk about "overexaggeration"!

To your last paragraph...
I HAVE defeated the spell, Darth, a lot! And, what are you talking about?? The spell JUST came out, and I have had a rank over 1200 since last year! How would that have changed anything??
Lastly, I have never, and I mean NEVER used the puppet team strategy! I ONLY pvp with people of my level, and close to my rank (overlord). I have had a team for over 6 months now, and I only pvp with these guys! Most of the time I only 1v1, which I am HUGE fan of!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Doudjy,

Wait, did you not state: "If you are referring to bolt, I will tell you that even a critical bolt will NOT do this kind of damage. Several other factors such as blades (more than one), bubble, and a really low resist in order for a wild bolt to do close to 4000 hit. Beisides, storm is the ONLY school with a 2 pip spell that can do over 2000 hit without any blades, traps or bubble. So does that mean only storms should have the tools to deal with life's new spell?"

Was this not your exact quote?

I threw out some variables, typical for storm at the time. How exactly is almost 3700 damage in those variables, stating that storm is going to use the low end of boosting, the low end of enchantments, and life has the high end of resistance, is that not even close?

Storm can very easily do way more than 4k damage, but you stated specifically, that it could not come close to 4k. Well, you are wrong, plain and simple. It can, without blades and traps.

Also, you want to state shields now, but a ressurrected life will not have any shields. Also, Insane bolt can do the same amount of damage and will not be effected by storm shields, although, then you have the possible backfire.

The point is, you are trying to cloud the issue with irrelavent and trivial things.

You're keep back-pedalling, why is that? You are the one that threatened to leave the game, cancel your subscription, because of this spell. You are the one that said it is indefeatable. Yes, check your posts, you did state it, or do you forget what you post?

The fact that you are complaining about this spell, but yet state, you can defeat this spell is a contradiction in terms. So, you are good enough, but you don't want to? You don't want to have to change your strategy a bit, or tweak anything, you think you have it made, so one spell that makes you think a bit, and it's time to call it quits. I see.

You say I could not tutor you in Fire, and Yes, I do have 2 Fire. It seems to me, that if you have not thought of the strategies I have told you, then I can tutor you. No, previously, I did not carry rain of fire in 1v1, however, when things change, so do strategies. I don't run to the message boards and threaten to quit the game because a spell can be a bit challenging.

I would say your move, but it's checkmate my friend!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1639
"Seriously, Wildbolt will not do this? Does your storm have 50% damage boost? Ok, let me walk you through this, shall I? Storm, even at an 80% damage boost + 1000 damage Wild Bold + 275 or a 300 Colossal enchantment + critical = 4680 for 2 pips. Yes, you can then subtract life's maybe 42 resistance. Did life survive? Point was, you said 4000 damage could not be done when it can."
Note: I just copied this and pasted it, so I didn't change anything.
So, I used your own variables (80% damage boost, colossal, critical, and 42% resit) and it did NOT get close to the number you said. So, where am I wrong here??


I can point out exactly where you got your mistake. The Colossal (Or whatever enchantment, it doesn't really matter), is added before anything else happens. It's practically attacked to the card, not after all of your boosts and such have taken effect.

LOL, ok, let me check it again, just for ya.
first let's apply storm's boost (80%):


Storm would normally have 85% as a minimum to get the most valuable stats (Depends what the wizard goes for.)

I have to go for now, so the post will end awkwardly, bye!

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
darthjt wrote:


Doudjy,

Wait, did you not state: "If you are referring to bolt, I will tell you that even a critical bolt will NOT do this kind of damage. Several other factors such as blades (more than one), bubble, and a really low resist in order for a wild bolt to do close to 4000 hit. Beisides, storm is the ONLY school with a 2 pip spell that can do over 2000 hit without any blades, traps or bubble. So does that mean only storms should have the tools to deal with life's new spell?"

Was this not your exact quote?


Were we not talking about a pvp situation? Presumably 2 warlords? If so, then I maintain that it is not possible for a storm to hit 4000 on a life with a bolt.

I threw out some variables, typical for storm at the time. How exactly is almost 3700 damage in those variables, stating that storm is going to use the low end of boosting, the low end of enchantments, and life has the high end of resistance, is that not even close?
Oh, give me a break! How is 22% pierce and a regular colossal the low end of enchantment? And most of the lifes (commander to warlord) in arena walk around with pets having 15% resist. So how on earth is this the high end of resistance? NO, what you want is to make the variables in such that they benefit your flawed claims, while I'm being realistic!

Storm can very easily do way more than 4k damage, but you stated specifically, that it could not come close to 4k. Well, you are wrong, plain and simple. It can, without blades and traps.
So far, you have yet to prove this. You're only good at repeating it without any proof. Again, if it's a practice involving 2 friends trying to hit the hardest, then it's very possible. In a match involving 2 warlords though, VERY unlikely!

Also, you want to state shields now, but a ressurrected life will not have any shields. Also, Insane bolt can do the same amount of damage and will not be effected by storm shields, although, then you have the possible backfire.
Well, we were both adding FACTORS. So, why does it seem like you only want to add factors that benefits your point??

The point is, you are trying to cloud the issue with irrelavent and trivial things.
What irrelevant things? Again, so far you have YET to prove your 4000 nunmber Darth. You've been repeating for the past 3 posts that it's possible without proving it!

You're keep back-pedalling, why is that? You are the one that threatened to leave the game, cancel your subscription, because of this spell. You are the one that said it is indefeatable. Yes, check your posts, you did state it, or do you forget what you post?
Darth, I NEVER said that the spell was "undefeatable", and I cannot believe you would put words in my mouth to back up your false claims! Since YOU are the one who made the claim, YOU find where I said it, and let me know. In the mean time, I would appreciate you don't misquote me. There's a better way to support your argument.

The fact that you are complaining about this spell, but yet state, you can defeat this spell is a contradiction in terms. So, you are good enough, but you don't want to?
You seem to follow the logical fallacy Post hoc ergo proter hoc, (after this, therefore because of this). As in, because I complained about Guardian Spirit, therefore, I must be having problem with it. Well, using your own logic, since you were complaining about ice having that massive resist to storm, then you must be having a hard time against ice at the arena.
The fact is, and I've said this before, just because someone can beat a spell does NOT make it fair! Before KI changed wild bolt, a lot of storms were still losing at the arena, but that did NOT stop the complaints, nor was the spell fair.

You don't want to have to change your strategy a bit, or tweak anything, you think you have it made, so one spell that makes you think a bit, and it's time to call it quits. I see.
You've never seen me pvp, so stop with the "change your strategy" line. It's getting old, and I find it ludicrous that you seem to think that you're the only one who knows about strategy!

You say I could not tutor you in Fire, and Yes, I do have 2 Fire. It seems to me, that if you have not thought of the strategies I have told you, then I can tutor you.
Haha! Are you serious?? Do you even know how many strategies are used by fire every day at the arena?Almost every day someone can come up with a totally new strategy, so just because you have come up with one does NOT mean you could possibly tutor me! Far from that! You think I use every strategy I see or hear? Or that even I come up with? I have seen pretty good strategies that would make yours seem like one coming out of a private mouth. Do I use them? No. There are many factors that decide the strategy one uses:
Personality
Opponents
Gear/Pets
Spells preferences
etc...
So don't think you can tutor me because you come up with a strategy for fire. That, anyone can do. Is it going to work is a whole different matter!

No, previously, I did not carry rain of fire in 1v1, however, when things change, so do strategies. I don't run to the message boards and threaten to quit the game because a spell can be a bit challenging.
No, but you go around the boards complaining how storm is being nerfed! How is this different from complaining about a single spell??

I would say your move, but it's checkmate my friend!
Haha! Checkmate?? You might wanna check your side of the board, buddy, you haven't made a move yet!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
2 Warlords, 1 Life, 1 storm!

Do I have to tell you the gear Storm will use? Waterworks gear, Crafted Athame or Lexicon Blade at least, & Aureate Band. This is typical, however, some go for less healing, as storm wants to take out quickly, but for sake of your argument, we will go with this, shall we?

Now, since you will obviously bring pets into play. Spritely is obvious, spell proof 10 is obvious. Some will go for storm giver & pain giver, some even have storm dealer & pain giver, some even give up resistance for storm dealer, pain giver, storm giver. However, just to prove a point, we will go with just 1, storm dealer! Then you can have spell defy of 5.

So, Storm boost is at: 21 for hat, 26 for robe, 20 for boots, 7 for athame, 5 for ring, and 10 from pet. So, that is a total of 89% storm boost, yes?

Now, an Insane bolt or Wild Bolt with a treasure card Colossal enchantment attached is 1300. 1300 + 89% = 2457 w/critical = 4914

Now, Life, with Waterworks gear has 27 universal resistance, correct?
Pet with spell proof and defy, the only way to truly have 15 resistance is to have 250 strength, 250 agility, and 250 power, so, that means, most are generally 14% resistance. Test this fact out for yourself, I have.

So, that is 41% resistance, correct? Now, add in 3% armor piercing from wand and 20% armor piercing from treasure card Infallible, makes 23% armor piercing. 41 - 23 = 18

4914 - 18% = 4029

How can you say, it can't happen? This is the low side of storms possible attack boost too, not the high side. Also, Life can't have any more possible resistance, unless it has Storm resistance, yet, Insane bolt is not effected by this, so that nullifies your return rebuttal.

You said it can't be done, not with current variables, but it so clearly can be done. Just as it can be done to take Life out that has the Guardian spirit spell, you yourself have said that you could.

So, why is this spell so Overpowered? It's not, people choose to complain because they want to keep their school on top and have an easy time in PvP. Fire has always been on top of the PvP leader boards, both in 1v1 and in group PvP. No, you can't say, some schools are better in team and some are better in 1v1, because that is school biased and clearly shows that the game is not balanced, since some want to say that PvP shows how truly balanced the schools are.

If that were true, Fire should be knocked by the nerf bat several dozen times. Life and Death should get some amazing 4 pip attack all spells and life should get a DoT. Balance should get a convert to moon damage. Etc.

Sorry, but you have done nothing to prove me wrong, nor prove yourself correct. My move is as I said, a check mate. Check Mate means the game is over, you my friend, did not win this round.

Sorry, but it was not even a close stalemate!

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
7
To he "2 Pip spell nerfed guy" I am a storm 80 I can hit 5000 damage with Garg wild bolt no critical so yea it's very POSSIBLE!!!!!