Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life's new spell, guardian spirit.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
1
Okay, hi... I've done several pvp matches, if I add up all my matches wins/lose, I'd end up around 2,050+ matches done, and the fact that every time I fight a life ( i'd say like 50-70% of the time ) the life uses the guardian spirit spell, you see, the spell is very much like an aura (amplify, vengeance, etc. ) except, it NEVER ends, it brings 25% of your health back when you are defeated. The thing is, so much life wizards now have around 60-90% of healing boost, causing this to bring 85%+ of their health back when they die, and its all only 5 pips, it ends when your dead, but the life can easily heal itself back for the other 15%+ health. This is making life nearly impossible to beat, because now life dont even need to bother shielding. Yes, I know, your thinking, "Why can't you use doom and gloom?" well now life are packing sancturary, I believe around 60% health to all boost, yea it helps the other team, but now its just a problem because even if we do kill both, players, or just one life in general for a 1v1. They will have 85% of their health back, if the life has good gear ( especially healing boost ) also, especially a critical. Geez, I knew life was meant to heal, but were they meant to be, I don't know, what? Immortal? Yea I have a life transcended, so I just believe in fairness, not the honor we get. I'm not saying to remove the spell, I'm just saying let it be like an aura, let it be at least 4 rounds, because life wizards will continue to spam it. Making matches harder and longer.



Give your opinions please!
I appreciate your time.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
381
sparkless wrote:
Okay, hi... I've done several pvp matches, if I add up all my matches wins/lose, I'd end up around 2,050+ matches done, and the fact that every time I fight a life ( i'd say like 50-70% of the time ) the life uses the guardian spirit spell, you see, the spell is very much like an aura (amplify, vengeance, etc. ) except, it NEVER ends, it brings 25% of your health back when you are defeated. The thing is, so much life wizards now have around 60-90% of healing boost, causing this to bring 85%+ of their health back when they die, and its all only 5 pips, it ends when your dead, but the life can easily heal itself back for the other 15%+ health. This is making life nearly impossible to beat, because now life dont even need to bother shielding. Yes, I know, your thinking, "Why can't you use doom and gloom?" well now life are packing sancturary, I believe around 60% health to all boost, yea it helps the other team, but now its just a problem because even if we do kill both, players, or just one life in general for a 1v1. They will have 85% of their health back, if the life has good gear ( especially healing boost ) also, especially a critical. Geez, I knew life was meant to heal, but were they meant to be, I don't know, what? Immortal? Yea I have a life transcended, so I just believe in fairness, not the honor we get. I'm not saying to remove the spell, I'm just saying let it be like an aura, let it be at least 4 rounds, because life wizards will continue to spam it. Making matches harder and longer.

Give your opinions please!
I appreciate your time.


or you can just remove it from PVP

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
sparkless wrote:
Okay, hi... I've done several pvp matches, if I add up all my matches wins/lose, I'd end up around 2,050+ matches done, and the fact that every time I fight a life ( i'd say like 50-70% of the time ) the life uses the guardian spirit spell, you see, the spell is very much like an aura (amplify, vengeance, etc. ) except, it NEVER ends, it brings 25% of your health back when you are defeated. The thing is, so much life wizards now have around 60-90% of healing boost, causing this to bring 85%+ of their health back when they die, and its all only 5 pips, it ends when your dead, but the life can easily heal itself back for the other 15%+ health. This is making life nearly impossible to beat, because now life dont even need to bother shielding. Yes, I know, your thinking, "Why can't you use doom and gloom?" well now life are packing sancturary, I believe around 60% health to all boost, yea it helps the other team, but now its just a problem because even if we do kill both, players, or just one life in general for a 1v1. They will have 85% of their health back, if the life has good gear ( especially healing boost ) also, especially a critical. Geez, I knew life was meant to heal, but were they meant to be, I don't know, what? Immortal? Yea I have a life transcended, so I just believe in fairness, not the honor we get. I'm not saying to remove the spell, I'm just saying let it be like an aura, let it be at least 4 rounds, because life wizards will continue to spam it. Making matches harder and longer.

Give your opinions please!
I appreciate your time.


I made a new spell idea a couple weeks ago that counters this spell, spirit demise, death version of guardian spirit, it's basic function is to disable all revival attempts for the next few turns on that person .

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
520
I faced my first life wizard using the new guardian spell in 1v1 PvP recently. I did finally beat him after more than an hour of play, but he used the guardian spell 6 different times, which made it extremely difficult for me to bring him down. I just had to keep attacking nonstop until I wore him down to where he didn't have 5 pips left to recast guardian. Afterwards he told me his guardian spells had been enchanted with elucidate so it only cost him 3 pips to use it. I guess I finally ran him out of tc guardians.

This spell has the potential to be a game changer. I'm going to have to ponder it awhile to think of easier ways to defeat it.

I know my next wiz is gonna be life. LOL.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1627
sparkless wrote:
Okay, hi... I've done several pvp matches, if I add up all my matches wins/lose, I'd end up around 2,050+ matches done, and the fact that every time I fight a life ( i'd say like 50-70% of the time ) the life uses the guardian spirit spell, you see, the spell is very much like an aura (amplify, vengeance, etc. ) except, it NEVER ends, it brings 25% of your health back when you are defeated. The thing is, so much life wizards now have around 60-90% of healing boost, causing this to bring 85%+ of their health back when they die, and its all only 5 pips, it ends when your dead, but the life can easily heal itself back for the other 15%+ health. This is making life nearly impossible to beat, because now life dont even need to bother shielding. Yes, I know, your thinking, "Why can't you use doom and gloom?" well now life are packing sancturary, I believe around 60% health to all boost, yea it helps the other team, but now its just a problem because even if we do kill both, players, or just one life in general for a 1v1. They will have 85% of their health back, if the life has good gear ( especially healing boost ) also, especially a critical. Geez, I knew life was meant to heal, but were they meant to be, I don't know, what? Immortal? Yea I have a life transcended, so I just believe in fairness, not the honor we get. I'm not saying to remove the spell, I'm just saying let it be like an aura, let it be at least 4 rounds, because life wizards will continue to spam it. Making matches harder and longer.

Give your opinions please!
I appreciate your time.


do everything to weaken there heals even if it means spamming infection
there is a way to counter this but it involves 2v2 and ya must both kill the life one after another
storm and storm vs a single life ( partner died do to insane bolt spamm )
storm one and two must stack there traps in a way that they can pull off two finishing hits to the life wizard right after each others kill

life has guardian spirit already
now the storms blast the life out with any strong spell aka levi or whatever
now the life shall heal from guardian spirit right? did the life just stop the plan? nope! not at all cause after the first blast that used up the guardian spirit the second storm follows up with another one shot kill strike thus giving the life no time for guardian spirit to be used again
thats how ya beat guardian spirit

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
AstroStorm wrote:
sparkless wrote:
Okay, hi... I've done several pvp matches, if I add up all my matches wins/lose, I'd end up around 2,050+ matches done, and the fact that every time I fight a life ( i'd say like 50-70% of the time ) the life uses the guardian spirit spell, you see, the spell is very much like an aura (amplify, vengeance, etc. ) except, it NEVER ends, it brings 25% of your health back when you are defeated. The thing is, so much life wizards now have around 60-90% of healing boost, causing this to bring 85%+ of their health back when they die, and its all only 5 pips, it ends when your dead, but the life can easily heal itself back for the other 15%+ health. This is making life nearly impossible to beat, because now life dont even need to bother shielding. Yes, I know, your thinking, "Why can't you use doom and gloom?" well now life are packing sancturary, I believe around 60% health to all boost, yea it helps the other team, but now its just a problem because even if we do kill both, players, or just one life in general for a 1v1. They will have 85% of their health back, if the life has good gear ( especially healing boost ) also, especially a critical. Geez, I knew life was meant to heal, but were they meant to be, I don't know, what? Immortal? Yea I have a life transcended, so I just believe in fairness, not the honor we get. I'm not saying to remove the spell, I'm just saying let it be like an aura, let it be at least 4 rounds, because life wizards will continue to spam it. Making matches harder and longer.

Give your opinions please!
I appreciate your time.


I made a new spell idea a couple weeks ago that counters this spell, spirit demise, death version of guardian spirit, it's basic function is to disable all revival attempts for the next few turns on that person .
It's not a bad idea, but no, because it would be a terrible idea to make a spell with only one function. Plus if only death gets it thats unfair to other schools.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
grvy123 wrote:
sparkless wrote:
Okay, hi... I've done several pvp matches, if I add up all my matches wins/lose, I'd end up around 2,050+ matches done, and the fact that every time I fight a life ( i'd say like 50-70% of the time ) the life uses the guardian spirit spell, you see, the spell is very much like an aura (amplify, vengeance, etc. ) except, it NEVER ends, it brings 25% of your health back when you are defeated. The thing is, so much life wizards now have around 60-90% of healing boost, causing this to bring 85%+ of their health back when they die, and its all only 5 pips, it ends when your dead, but the life can easily heal itself back for the other 15%+ health. This is making life nearly impossible to beat, because now life dont even need to bother shielding. Yes, I know, your thinking, "Why can't you use doom and gloom?" well now life are packing sancturary, I believe around 60% health to all boost, yea it helps the other team, but now its just a problem because even if we do kill both, players, or just one life in general for a 1v1. They will have 85% of their health back, if the life has good gear ( especially healing boost ) also, especially a critical. Geez, I knew life was meant to heal, but were they meant to be, I don't know, what? Immortal? Yea I have a life transcended, so I just believe in fairness, not the honor we get. I'm not saying to remove the spell, I'm just saying let it be like an aura, let it be at least 4 rounds, because life wizards will continue to spam it. Making matches harder and longer.

Give your opinions please!
I appreciate your time.


do everything to weaken there heals even if it means spamming infection
there is a way to counter this but it involves 2v2 and ya must both kill the life one after another
storm and storm vs a single life ( partner died do to insane bolt spamm )
storm one and two must stack there traps in a way that they can pull off two finishing hits to the life wizard right after each others kill

life has guardian spirit already
now the storms blast the life out with any strong spell aka levi or whatever
now the life shall heal from guardian spirit right? did the life just stop the plan? nope! not at all cause after the first blast that used up the guardian spirit the second storm follows up with another one shot kill strike thus giving the life no time for guardian spirit to be used again
thats how ya beat guardian spirit
Infection doesn't work because it goes away once you die and it doesn't activate until AFTER you die!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
It's not that big of a deal. We complained and complained about judgement and that never got changed. PvP isn't fair nore will it ever be.

Defender
May 29, 2011
134
I used to think the same thing. But, I over comed it. I just recently versed a spammer of that spell, who how incredible healing boost, and good critical for a life wizard. All he had to do was a critical gardian spirit, and i wanted to flee. But i would lose points if i did, so i didnt. :)

I knew what was coming. So when i knew i was gonna defeat him, i made sure i was ready to attack again, so his gaurdian spirit would be no use. When i finally killed him, he healed, and put vengeance on for another gaurdian spirit. Lucky for me, he didnt critical. So, a healed a little, attacked a little, and so did i. Eventualy it came down to where he had to rely on gaurdian spirit. I bladed my talos minion so his minotaur would kill him, and it did. I knew he'd come back again, so i orthrus'd him as soon as he was revived.

Game over.

When you think about it, some one with 5,000 health using gaurdian spirit only revives 25%.... thats only 1,250, which i can get rid of quickly if planned.

My life opponent only only had around 3,800, so it only revived him 1600( because of his super healing boost ) I already had myth blade, pierce blade, and time of legend, and colossal, and my pets balance blade. So i was surely prepared for his gaurdian spirit.

Well, I hope this helped.

Mycin legenddreamer(currently 1163 )

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
bravevline wrote:
AstroStorm wrote:
sparkless wrote:
Okay, hi... I've done several pvp matches, if I add up all my matches wins/lose, I'd end up around 2,050+ matches done, and the fact that every time I fight a life ( i'd say like 50-70% of the time ) the life uses the guardian spirit spell, you see, the spell is very much like an aura (amplify, vengeance, etc. ) except, it NEVER ends, it brings 25% of your health back when you are defeated. The thing is, so much life wizards now have around 60-90% of healing boost, causing this to bring 85%+ of their health back when they die, and its all only 5 pips, it ends when your dead, but the life can easily heal itself back for the other 15%+ health. This is making life nearly impossible to beat, because now life dont even need to bother shielding. Yes, I know, your thinking, "Why can't you use doom and gloom?" well now life are packing sancturary, I believe around 60% health to all boost, yea it helps the other team, but now its just a problem because even if we do kill both, players, or just one life in general for a 1v1. They will have 85% of their health back, if the life has good gear ( especially healing boost ) also, especially a critical. Geez, I knew life was meant to heal, but were they meant to be, I don't know, what? Immortal? Yea I have a life transcended, so I just believe in fairness, not the honor we get. I'm not saying to remove the spell, I'm just saying let it be like an aura, let it be at least 4 rounds, because life wizards will continue to spam it. Making matches harder and longer.

Give your opinions please!
I appreciate your time.


I made a new spell idea a couple weeks ago that counters this spell, spirit demise, death version of guardian spirit, it's basic function is to disable all revival attempts for the next few turns on that person .
It's not a bad idea, but no, because it would be a terrible idea to make a spell with only one function. Plus if only death gets it thats unfair to other schools.


Well guardian spirit has one simple function, and it's not fair if only life gets this?

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
I couldn't agree more, and nothing has made me more mad ever in this game than this spell. Did KI even consider the impact this spell would have for pvp players? Probably not because if they did they would see that a life wizard with a decent amount of incoming health and that new guardian spirit spell would be undefeatable. I have been sitting in a match with a life wizard for 2 hours now, have killed them 3 times, and it brought his health back to 3800!! ALL 3 times.. He hasn't even attacked me yet, just heals, uses spirit guardian, dies and comes right back. All they are doing is running cards out of decks and healing. I am all for life but it is really irritating when death spell gets changed because everyone is crying about them spamming it when all along the life spell is the one people should have been worried about. Even at 1 pip i wouldn't have spammed bad juju because of the damage it causes using it- not worth it. But Life gets a spell that lets them return from the dead time and time again?? This is a life spell? Returning from the dead 3 times? So yea leave it to Fire and Life, they can burn eachother and return from the dead cause pretty soon pvp will be all life and fire wizards.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
Something needs to be done & fast cause it's really not fair in pvp the way it is. AND a life wizard i fought only had 1 or 2 pips and used it. I was paying attention because he used it the spell right away after he came back from the dead.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
This is where I knew most of the complaints would go to Life, but thank you for not complaining! There's a simple way of getting around this spell, as there is any other. Stack. All you have to do is stack up blades and traps (Don't overlap the traps, because when the Life wizard dies the traps are all gone) This is where low rank spells come in handy (Along with Shattered shields) Just simply use a heavy Hydra (Any rank 6 spell would do, really) And then, since you've stacked, each head would do around 2000. So, the Life wizard would obviously die, then this is where the saved up pips come in handy. Sure, the Life wizard could heal more then 50% of their health, but since they have no defenses at all, all you have to do is use a Judgement (Any quick attack you have in hand) and finish it off, then, done. Some Life wizards may use Earthquake, or just attack not caring about their health after the Guardian Spirit, which is where you might have to take a detour and then make the strike. Defeating a Life wizard takes some time, but it's not impossible!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Hmm. I have a suggestion. Why don't we make it seperate from healing boosts, so it will always heal 25% no matter what?

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
58
sparkless wrote:
Okay, hi... I've done several pvp matches, if I add up all my matches wins/lose, I'd end up around 2,050+ matches done, and the fact that every time I fight a life ( i'd say like 50-70% of the time ) the life uses the guardian spirit spell, you see, the spell is very much like an aura (amplify, vengeance, etc. ) except, it NEVER ends, it brings 25% of your health back when you are defeated. The thing is, so much life wizards now have around 60-90% of healing boost, causing this to bring 85%+ of their health back when they die, and its all only 5 pips, it ends when your dead, but the life can easily heal itself back for the other 15%+ health. This is making life nearly impossible to beat, because now life dont even need to bother shielding. Yes, I know, your thinking, "Why can't you use doom and gloom?" well now life are packing sancturary, I believe around 60% health to all boost, yea it helps the other team, but now its just a problem because even if we do kill both, players, or just one life in general for a 1v1. They will have 85% of their health back, if the life has good gear ( especially healing boost ) also, especially a critical. Geez, I knew life was meant to heal, but were they meant to be, I don't know, what? Immortal? Yea I have a life transcended, so I just believe in fairness, not the honor we get. I'm not saying to remove the spell, I'm just saying let it be like an aura, let it be at least 4 rounds, because life wizards will continue to spam it. Making matches harder and longer.

Give your opinions please!
I appreciate your time.


Doom and gloom totally stops them from healing back a lot as long as you use doom and gloom your fine.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
I can see the spell having it's use in PVE, but for 1v1 or PVP, it's just a bad idea. Extending the time that PvP matches go is just not a good idea. I have faced two Life wizards that used this, and the heal is absurb. Over 1800 on one, over 1920 on the second, come on.... when you are defeating in PvP, the match should end.
No pet should bring you back to life, no minion should be able to bring you back, you should be dead, end of match.

If KI wanted to make a spell like this, they should have thought how it would affect the 1v1, 2v2,.... 4v4 matches, and it cause and effect.
I really have to say, it's like KI say, lets punch them in the nose and see if they respond. If they don't get mad and do a lot of posting, we will leave it as is.

If the spell was 5 or maybe 10 percent, I could understand it. Ten percent of 4000 is 400, add in healing boost and you are up to at least 650.
Boosting up to 1800 in a PvP match is just wrong, bottom line.

I have decided to quit the game at the end of August when I leave home, so for me it doesn't matter. I put this post up for all the others that this is so unfair for.

Joe.


Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
joujou11cool wrote:
This is where I knew most of the complaints would go to Life, but thank you for not complaining! There's a simple way of getting around this spell, as there is any other. Stack. All you have to do is stack up blades and traps (Don't overlap the traps, because when the Life wizard dies the traps are all gone) This is where low rank spells come in handy (Along with Shattered shields) Just simply use a heavy Hydra (Any rank 6 spell would do, really) And then, since you've stacked, each head would do around 2000. So, the Life wizard would obviously die, then this is where the saved up pips come in handy. Sure, the Life wizard could heal more then 50% of their health, but since they have no defenses at all, all you have to do is use a Judgement (Any quick attack you have in hand) and finish it off, then, done. Some Life wizards may use Earthquake, or just attack not caring about their health after the Guardian Spirit, which is where you might have to take a detour and then make the strike. Defeating a Life wizard takes some time, but it's not impossible!

Actually most life like me do use earthquake in PvP making this strategy obselete. The only real way to counter this spell is with a doom and gloom that you must keep on at all times when the life is close to dying.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
10
I honestly think its fine. Just remove healing boost, make it 4 pips, and I think that will bring balance to the issue.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
joujou11cool wrote:
This is where I knew most of the complaints would go to Life, but thank you for not complaining! There's a simple way of getting around this spell, as there is any other. Stack. All you have to do is stack up blades and traps (Don't overlap the traps, because when the Life wizard dies the traps are all gone) This is where low rank spells come in handy (Along with Shattered shields) Just simply use a heavy Hydra (Any rank 6 spell would do, really) And then, since you've stacked, each head would do around 2000. So, the Life wizard would obviously die, then this is where the saved up pips come in handy. Sure, the Life wizard could heal more then 50% of their health, but since they have no defenses at all, all you have to do is use a Judgement (Any quick attack you have in hand) and finish it off, then, done. Some Life wizards may use Earthquake, or just attack not caring about their health after the Guardian Spirit, which is where you might have to take a detour and then make the strike. Defeating a Life wizard takes some time, but it's not impossible!
Tell me how many high lvl life wizards don't use quake lol. Give me a break.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Darkestmask,

But even with the TC version of Doom and Gloom up, the Wizard will still heal for at least 500, and the other wizard will be out of pips. Unless he plans this very carefully and gets the right cards at the right time.
If I took my life into PvP, I see him as immortal now.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:
Darkestmask,

But even with the TC version of Doom and Gloom up, the Wizard will still heal for at least 500, and the other wizard will be out of pips. Unless he plans this very carefully and gets the right cards at the right time.
If I took my life into PvP, I see him as immortal now.

Joe.


Who is to say the other wizard will be out of pips? How can you make this statement as it is a fact? Also, being as powerful as we are at level 80, did you know that a rank 2 spell can do 1000 damage? Now, seeing as no school except ice typically has over 50% universal resistance, that 2 pip spell can easily take out the life wizard.

Again, this will all go to who is more prepared for PvP and first turn advantage, but this is not effecting the spell being overpowered, that is all in the minds of the players and their strategies. If people dont look for a way to defeat a spell, then they will never find a way to defeat a spell.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darkestmask,

But even with the TC version of Doom and Gloom up, the Wizard will still heal for at least 500, and the other wizard will be out of pips. Unless he plans this very carefully and gets the right cards at the right time.
If I took my life into PvP, I see him as immortal now.

Joe.


Who is to say the other wizard will be out of pips? How can you make this statement as it is a fact? Also, being as powerful as we are at level 80, did you know that a rank 2 spell can do 1000 damage? Now, seeing as no school except ice typically has over 50% universal resistance, that 2 pip spell can easily take out the life wizard.

Again, this will all go to who is more prepared for PvP and first turn advantage, but this is not effecting the spell being overpowered, that is all in the minds of the players and their strategies. If people dont look for a way to defeat a spell, then they will never find a way to defeat a spell.


I just love it when you typically make these kind of assumptions as if no one else play the game? A 2 pip spell can easily take out a life wizard? What spell is that Darth?? Because I have not seen it. In another thread, you also stated that there are 2 pip spells that can do over 4000 hit. Again, What spell is that? If you are referring to bolt, I will tell you that even a critical bolt will NOT do this kind of damage. Several other factors such as blades (more than one), bubble, and a really low resist in order for a wild bolt to do close to 4000 hit. Beisides, storm is the ONLY school with a 2 pip spell that can do over 2000 hit without any blades, traps or bubble. So does that mean only storms should have the tools to deal with life's new spell?

Additionally, let me say this, you are NOT the only player who knows how to play this game. Every time some one complain about something (unless it's storm being "nerfed") you jump in to talk about how people "whine" and don't use "strategies". I have been playing this game for a long time, and I have over 1365 rank, MOST of which acquired through 1v1. I consider myself one of the BEST 1v1 player in this game, because I have dealt succesfully with some of pvp's biggest flaws, and I think this spell is flat out overpowered. You can talk about bringing dispels all you want, you are NOT going to prevent a life wizard from casting a life spell. You cannot cast a life dispel every round, and even if you could, it's all about guessing. If the life wizard is first, then you have no way of preventing that at all.

Now, let's talk about after the spell is cast. So, the life wizard has casted the spell, now you have to work on not only killing the wizard, but ALSO how to kill him AGAIN, right after he's back. Because if you don't, the wizard will cast ANOTHER one on himself, and the process has to be start again. On another thread you mentioned how satyr could do 4000 health, really? Not only is a huge boost required, but that satyr would HAVE to be criticaled, and who has the more chance of criticalling a satyr... LIFE!

Other than storm wizards, it takes a BIG combo to take out any opponents in the arena. For fire, it might be a fully loaded hound, or a very well prepared efreet. For myth it might be a really good medusa, or orthrus. In any case, you will certainly NOT have the resources to cast 2 fully loaded spells to kill a life wizard twice (in a row) to prevent the latter from casting another Guardian spirit. So, a life wizard can basically cast a Guardian spirit and worry about taking you out, while you have to worry about how to do the same thing TWICE! THAT is the main problem with the spell!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darkestmask,

But even with the TC version of Doom and Gloom up, the Wizard will still heal for at least 500, and the other wizard will be out of pips. Unless he plans this very carefully and gets the right cards at the right time.
If I took my life into PvP, I see him as immortal now.

Joe.


Who is to say the other wizard will be out of pips? How can you make this statement as it is a fact? Also, being as powerful as we are at level 80, did you know that a rank 2 spell can do 1000 damage? Now, seeing as no school except ice typically has over 50% universal resistance, that 2 pip spell can easily take out the life wizard.

Again, this will all go to who is more prepared for PvP and first turn advantage, but this is not effecting the spell being overpowered, that is all in the minds of the players and their strategies. If people dont look for a way to defeat a spell, then they will never find a way to defeat a spell.

What darth just said is absolutely true. I myself am against the spell and at least would like to take out critical from it ( yes I am a life wizard as well ), but so far in the battles I've been in no one has even bothered putting up a doom and gloom spell or even saving pips for when I revived. Of course if you don't plan you're going to lose? What do you expect KI to make PvP a luxury?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
doudjy wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darkestmask,

But even with the TC version of Doom and Gloom up, the Wizard will still heal for at least 500, and the other wizard will be out of pips. Unless he plans this very carefully and gets the right cards at the right time.
If I took my life into PvP, I see him as immortal now.

Joe.


Who is to say the other wizard will be out of pips? How can you make this statement as it is a fact? Also, being as powerful as we are at level 80, did you know that a rank 2 spell can do 1000 damage? Now, seeing as no school except ice typically has over 50% universal resistance, that 2 pip spell can easily take out the life wizard.

Again, this will all go to who is more prepared for PvP and first turn advantage, but this is not effecting the spell being overpowered, that is all in the minds of the players and their strategies. If people dont look for a way to defeat a spell, then they will never find a way to defeat a spell.


I just love it when you typically make these kind of assumptions as if no one else play the game? A 2 pip spell can easily take out a life wizard?


Obviously, you did not read what Joe stated. He said, that when a Doom & Gloom is present, life will have around 500 health after the guardian spirit spell revives them. If you play the game so much, you know that a 2 pip spell can easily do 500 damge. Even with life having resistance.

What spell is that Darth?? Because I have not seen it.

What 2 pip spell can do 500 damage? Storm Bats, Troll, Leprechaun, Scorpion, need I go on?
In another thread, you also stated that there are 2 pip spells that can do over 4000 hit. Again, What spell is that? If you are referring to bolt, I will tell you that even a critical bolt will NOT do this kind of damage.

Seriously, Wildbolt will not do this? Does your storm have 50% damage boost? Ok, let me walk you through this, shall I? Storm, even at an 80% damage boost + 1000 damage Wild Bold + 275 or a 300 Colossal enchantment + critical = 4680 for 2 pips. Yes, you can then subtract life's maybe 42 resistance. Did life survive? Point was, you said 4000 damage could not be done when it can.
Several other factors such as blades (more than one), bubble, and a really low resist in order for a wild bolt to do close to 4000 hit.
Sorry, I just proved that it does not take any blades, bubbles, or traps for storm to hit for 4k damage. Now, imagine if there was a blade or trap, even a feint. Yowza!
Beisides, storm is the ONLY school with a 2 pip spell that can do over 2000 hit without any blades, traps or bubble.

Yes, I agree, storm is the only school with a spell that can do over 2000 damage for 2 pips. But all the other schools can easily do 500 damage even with the life resistance for 2 pips. This is not disputable, unless you have no concept of gear and damage boosts, then you should not be complaining about pvp anyway, because you would be losing all the time. This is not directed to you, just in general to people that don't know about gear and boost selection when PvPing.
So does that mean only storms should have the tools to deal with life's new spell?

Actually, all schools have the ability, But you have to be ready, you have to carry doom and gloom. You have to expect this scenario.


Additionally, let me say this, you are NOT the only player who knows how to play this game. Every time some one complain about something (unless it's storm being "nerfed") you jump in to talk about how people "whine" and don't use "strategies". I have been playing this game for a long time, and I have over 1365 rank, MOST of which acquired through 1v1. I consider myself one of the BEST 1v1 player in this game, because I have dealt succesfully with some of pvp's biggest flaws, and I think this spell is flat out overpowered. You can talk about bringing dispels all you want, you are NOT going to prevent a life wizard from casting a life spell. You cannot cast a life dispel every round, and even if you could, it's all about guessing. If the life wizard is first, then you have no way of preventing that at all.


Never said I was the only player that knows how to play this game. However, most posts are people whining about spells, tactics, and gear. People are not trying to form strategies and how to defeat a specific spell.
No, dispels will not always work, sometimes they will, sometimes they wont. Doom & Gloom is a good way to prevent that massive healing though, which will enable you to defeat life easily that 2nd time.


Now, let's talk about after the spell is cast. So, the life wizard has casted the spell, now you have to work on not only killing the wizard, but ALSO how to kill him AGAIN, right after he's back. Because if you don't, the wizard will cast ANOTHER one on himself, and the process has to be start again.

I love how you are stating defeating them again. Like every single time, Guardian spirit will completely and totally revive them to full health.

On another thread you mentioned how satyr could do 4000 health, really? Not only is a huge boost required, but that satyr would HAVE to be criticaled, and who has the more chance of criticalling a satyr... LIFE!

I did state this on another thread, also stated that it had to be critical and that life is best suited for this. However, Storm has healing Current, which can also critical heal for 4000 with proper healing boosts, Balance can easily critical heal for 4000, same as life can. Point was, life was not the only school that can easily heal. Even other schools with a life mastery amulet can heal for 2000 without a critical. What point did you have here?


Other than storm wizards, it takes a BIG combo to take out any opponents in the arena. For fire, it might be a fully loaded hound, or a very well prepared efreet. For myth it might be a really good medusa, or orthrus. In any case, you will certainly NOT have the resources to cast 2 fully loaded spells to kill a life wizard twice (in a row) to prevent the latter from casting another Guardian spirit. So, a life wizard can basically cast a Guardian spirit and worry about taking you out, while you have to worry about how to do the same thing TWICE! THAT is the main problem with the spell!


Actually, it all depends on the scenario. A myth can very easily take out anyone with 1 Basilisk spell and have plenty remaining for life's guardian spirit and then follow up with a Minotaur to finish life Off.

Storm obviously has the power.

Fire can finish off life with Rain of Fire, and follow up with Immolate if necessary or Pheonix, or Helephant. It all varies on what you do, compared with what your opponent does. Who is more prepared. Is that not PvP?

Or are you scared of a challenge? Having to outhink your oppenent.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Another aspect that people fail to realize. Schools have ways of defeating schools for very little pip cost. Especially Fire.

Now, if you know you are going to have a long battle and against the guardian spirit spell, be prepared and have a strategy against this spell.

As my fire, my strategy is to use Backdraft for around 100% damage boost, a fire trap, doom and gloom, fire shield, and a couple feints. Save up my pips, then if needed, shatter and then Immolate. Instant death for 4 pips, giving me plenty of pips left to finish them off a second time.

Each school has to think and devise a plan of attack for any possible scenario. I thrive on challenges, I don't whine and cry about them.