Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leaderboard Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
For regular PvP, I'd like to make a suggestion about how we can improve the leaderboard system. Currently, about half of the 2nd Age leaderboard is filled with either level 50 players wearing glendemming armor or level 60 players wearing glendemming and using the level 60 PvP staff. Apparently, the thing to do is to level up to 50, obtain warlord gear, and then faceroll your way to a 2K+ rating. Yes, I realize that this may be a bit unfair - I'm sure they worked very hard for their ratings. The very high percentage of players able to do that makes me suspect that the set-up is a little bit overpowered, though.

Regardless, I'd like to suggest breaking the leaderboard up into level ranges (i.e. 1 - 10, 11 - 20, etc.) Perhaps we could have 10 ranges with the top 100 players from each range shown instead of the top 1,000 from all levels shown together. Each range has its own challenges, and getting a 2K rating at level 50 is a very different task than getting a high rating at a lower level. Personally, I prefer lower level PvP. The matches tend to go much faster, and I can enjoy more of them. Having my entire level range pushed off the board entirely by the level 50 - 60 crowd seems to diminish the accomplishments of the players in my range, however. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the Magus, Master, and other brackets feel the same way.

Thanks for your consideration.

Corwin Spellslinger
Balance level 20
1,524 Arena Rating

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
I personally think that this is a good idea, although many level 50s and 60s would get kicked off of the leaderboard. My level 33 characters would no longer get kicked of the leaderboard just because tons of level 50s pass them up.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Corwin Spellslinge... on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
For regular PvP, I'd like to make a suggestion about how we can improve the leaderboard system. Currently, about half of the 2nd Age leaderboard is filled with either level 50 players wearing glendemming armor or level 60 players wearing glendemming and using the level 60 PvP staff. Apparently, the thing to do is to level up to 50, obtain warlord gear, and then faceroll your way to a 2K+ rating. Yes, I realize that this may be a bit unfair - I'm sure they worked very hard for their ratings. The very high percentage of players able to do that makes me suspect that the set-up is a little bit overpowered, though.

Regardless, I'd like to suggest breaking the leaderboard up into level ranges (i.e. 1 - 10, 11 - 20, etc.) Perhaps we could have 10 ranges with the top 100 players from each range shown instead of the top 1,000 from all levels shown together. Each range has its own challenges, and getting a 2K rating at level 50 is a very different task than getting a high rating at a lower level. Personally, I prefer lower level PvP. The matches tend to go much faster, and I can enjoy more of them. Having my entire level range pushed off the board entirely by the level 50 - 60 crowd seems to diminish the accomplishments of the players in my range, however. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the Magus, Master, and other brackets feel the same way.

Corwin Spellslinger
Balance level 20
1,524 Arena Rating
Nice first post. I support your suggestion. Breaking up the level ranges is a nice thing, because you can compare yourself with players in the same shoes.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Corwin Spellslinge... on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:

Corwin Spellslinger
Balance level 20
1,524 Arena Rating
I think this is a really good idea. I give it 2 thumbs up