Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kill Pet Card

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
Perhaps there should be a PvP card that allows casters to kill an opponents pet. Tired of a pet constantly spriting, blading, and shielding its owner while casting weakness upon you, simply pull out a three pip kill pet card and remove your opponents pet from the match.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
seasnake wrote:
Perhaps there should be a PvP card that allows casters to kill an opponents pet. Tired of a pet constantly spriting, blading, and shielding its owner while casting weakness upon you, simply pull out a three pip kill pet card and remove your opponents pet from the match.


If you dispel the pet will be dispelled when they cast if thats much a problem. I dont think there should be a kill pet spell, i mean your post before about pvp is looking ugly i think killing pets is much uglier than the stun shield. I did make a post saying they should limit the type of pets that get spritely because its so common now but. I would disagree with a kill pet spell? maybe like a stun pet. But still if you life dispel it will dispel the spritely, or doom and gloom., or infection can stop spritely. But this is a rather kid like game and killing pets just seems barbaric

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
347
not my unicorn! maybe disable a pet from casting its talents for a few rounds, but not kill it. how cruel lol.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
seasnake wrote:
Perhaps there should be a PvP card that allows casters to kill an opponents pet. Tired of a pet constantly spriting, blading, and shielding its owner while casting weakness upon you, simply pull out a three pip kill pet card and remove your opponents pet from the match.
Thats animal abusive.They wont allow that.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
18
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
I guess devestating kids by killing their beloved pets in the arena traumatically isn't the best of ideas.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
202
easy solution get a pet and level it up,why sould i not be aloud to use my pet just because you will not take the time to level one up for your self!

I paid for my pet and took the time with it to level it and I should be able to use it any where in the game that I please,so get over it.

Michael RedBlood Death

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
747
woot000 wrote:
Thats animal abusive.They wont allow that.


it's animal abusive? When most pets aren't animals but other sorts of creatures?

If it's abusive in PVP then it's also abusive to battle the same creatures anywhere in the game and "kill" (except nothing really dies in this game, just gets defeated no matter what people call it) them, isn't it?

It like the idea, though maybe it would make you feel better if it was called something like frighten pet away. It would certainly add an interesting new twist to PVP strategy, though I'm of the opinion that all gadgets should be disallowed for pvp, not just pets.

turn PVP into a game between players and their basic decks - no treasure cards, wands, amulets, pets, armor, other equipment. Just people's skills with their primary and secondary skills.

Bet a whole lot of people who are PVP warlords suddenly wouldn't be.


Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
34
I personally believe you should read my spritely post if you were annoyed with may cast talents, but I think you might have gotten larger support for this idea if you did not refer to it as "killing". It could be a good idea, but what happens if the pet had a card, would it be removed from the hand/deck, or if it boosted health, would it lower the max health or the current health. It simply seems to be more of a problem than it is worth, people work hard for their pets, it seems wrong to exclude them from fights. I hope this post helped.

This message has been brought to you by the battle circle, you don't need more wizards to keep wizard city safe, just narrower streets.
5stepstoofar

Community Leader
seasnake wrote:
I guess devestating kids by killing their beloved pets in the arena traumatically isn't the best of ideas.


You think? Please I would be devastated. I think we should keep the no harming of wizard101 virtual pets please.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
658
If you just kill the owner of the pet, the pet stops casting. it's more humane that way. -eli and crew

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
130
woot000 wrote:
That's animal abusive.They wont allow that.

I agree, but maybe for x number of pips, you could stun pets for a number of rounds. So it would be x pips, and stop pet abilities for the same number of rounds as pips you used, or something like that. :? :-)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
Killing pets isn't a good thing for a family game. Even stunning a pet would still be a bad idea as people spend months trying to get the perfect pet, then they do a pvp, and all the sudden all that time was spent for nothing. Maybe just put some time and effort into pets yourself then you wouldn't be complaining about having something that you don't have.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
103
Wow, you must be really desperate to win a PVP to want to kill a pet. No hard feelings, but that is just wrong.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life:58

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
woot000 wrote:
Thats animal abusive.They wont allow that.


it's animal abusive? When most pets aren't animals but other sorts of creatures?

If it's abusive in PVP then it's also abusive to battle the same creatures anywhere in the game and "kill" (except nothing really dies in this game, just gets defeated no matter what people call it) them, isn't it?

It like the idea, though maybe it would make you feel better if it was called something like frighten pet away. It would certainly add an interesting new twist to PVP strategy, though I'm of the opinion that all gadgets should be disallowed for pvp, not just pets.

turn PVP into a game between players and their basic decks - no treasure cards, wands, amulets, pets, armor, other equipment. Just people's skills with their primary and secondary skills.

Bet a whole lot of people who are PVP warlords suddenly wouldn't be.

Well anything next to you besides teammates and people, they are pets.