Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just turn us back to Grandmaster already

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
75
Consider this, We make another "section" of pvp, where it nerds us back to the "Golden Days" of pvp. You know how there are a "Ranked" & "Practice" sections?

Well what if we added another one, another scroll. Where only level 50 and below gear is allowed, and only spells below level 50 are allowed.

I know it seems RIDICULOUS, but how many people might actually consider doing that?

What would happen would be:

It'd be set up the same, 1v1 2v2 3v3 & 4v4. And you make your teams and everything like usual. Then when you accept, it takes you to the arena, HOWEVER; if your wearing anything above level 50, it will be taken off and there will be no gear on you from that category.

For example, if you hit accept and your wearing a lvl 76 ring, when you enter the arena, you won't have any ring on. But if your wearing a lvl 50 ring, it will stay on.

Same goes for spells, if you have any sort of treasure or regular spell that was Celestia and after update, it would be ripped from your deck, and that slot would be empty, however if you have all spells that were before Celestia time, your deck would stay the same.

That was just an idea, it wouldn't harm anything , it would just be an add on to what we already have and it would only effect the popularity of the regular ranked pvp.

One more thing, level does NOT matter, just your gear. So you can be archmage and still do this. PvP gear is also allowed, as well as pets.

Tell me whatcha guys think

@jackflame

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
skier339 wrote:
Consider this, We make another "section" of pvp, where it nerds us back to the "Golden Days" of pvp. You know how there are a "Ranked" & "Practice" sections?

Well what if we added another one, another scroll. Where only level 50 and below gear is allowed, and only spells below level 50 are allowed.

I know it seems RIDICULOUS, but how many people might actually consider doing that?

What would happen would be:

It'd be set up the same, 1v1 2v2 3v3 & 4v4. And you make your teams and everything like usual. Then when you accept, it takes you to the arena, HOWEVER; if your wearing anything above level 50, it will be taken off and there will be no gear on you from that category.

For example, if you hit accept and your wearing a lvl 76 ring, when you enter the arena, you won't have any ring on. But if your wearing a lvl 50 ring, it will stay on.

Same goes for spells, if you have any sort of treasure or regular spell that was Celestia and after update, it would be ripped from your deck, and that slot would be empty, however if you have all spells that were before Celestia time, your deck would stay the same.

That was just an idea, it wouldn't harm anything , it would just be an add on to what we already have and it would only effect the popularity of the regular ranked pvp.

One more thing, level does NOT matter, just your gear. So you can be archmage and still do this. PvP gear is also allowed, as well as pets.

Tell me whatcha guys think

@jackflame


So your saying your idea is make a pvp section were we can duel other wizards like the good old days and not the luck filled bored overpowered pvp system of today? . I for one would pvp this way, at then everyone can have a shot at winning.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
860
Agreed 100% but if you have Grandmaster gear how about you wear it in the Arena, same thing with robes, rings etc...

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
124
Agreed : 0% If a level 80 wizard comes, he only has his level 78 gear. He goes to the arena and since he has above lvl 50 gear he would have no gear EQUIPPED!!!! And gear gives power pips, cards, health, mana, and lots of other stats. He goes in the arena, Against a lvl 50 storm. Now the lvl 80 guy will get beat because bad pvp took away his gear. I hope KI does not let this in the game, I hope the other 80 Archmages agree with me.

BAD idea

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
75
thewiz28 wrote:
Agreed : 0% If a level 80 wizard comes, he only has his level 78 gear. He goes to the arena and since he has above lvl 50 gear he would have no gear EQUIPPED!!!! And gear gives power pips, cards, health, mana, and lots of other stats. He goes in the arena, Against a lvl 50 storm. Now the lvl 80 guy will get beat because bad pvp took away his gear. I hope KI does not let this in the game, I hope the other 80 Archmages agree with me.

BAD idea


Lol, are you new?

Theres 3 levels where your wrong here:

CHOICE: First of all, you dont even have to come CLOSE to this "scroll", you dont have to participate at all, you can stay in your overpowered, luck based, unfair, no fun pvp the way it is now.

EFFORT: On your response, your telling me your lazy. Your telling me that that "archmage" would have no gear? well you can farm for it, like we used to do. Besides, most hardcore pvp'ers already have the Arena gear, which I said IS usable. You are obviously not a very active pvp'er. Besides, if you dont wanna farm for the lvl 50 gear, then just don't even come near my "ranked 50" scroll.

TONE: Next time why don't you read my idea more carefully, instead of just blurting out how terrible the idea is, i'm to lazy to get the gear blah blah blah etc. Because if your to lazy to get any work done, you have no right to say its a bad idea, cause then it doesnt even invole you anyways.

On the last note, Consider this an ADD ON. It will NOT change anything that exists today, it's just something new, you can be ALL over it, or you can never step foot near that scroll. It's your choice.

@jackflame

ps. I see by your join date you joined AFTER CL was implanted, by that I feel bad for you that were never around in Grandmaster Days...those were the best..

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
thewiz28 wrote:
Agreed : 0% If a level 80 wizard comes, he only has his level 78 gear. He goes to the arena and since he has above lvl 50 gear he would have no gear EQUIPPED!!!! And gear gives power pips, cards, health, mana, and lots of other stats. He goes in the arena, Against a lvl 50 storm. Now the lvl 80 guy will get beat because bad pvp took away his gear. I hope KI does not let this in the game, I hope the other 80 Archmages agree with me.

BAD idea


Then they should make a system where you choice your lvl 50 gear.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
thewiz28 wrote:
Agreed : 0% If a level 80 wizard comes, he only has his level 78 gear. He goes to the arena and since he has above lvl 50 gear he would have no gear EQUIPPED!!!! And gear gives power pips, cards, health, mana, and lots of other stats. He goes in the arena, Against a lvl 50 storm. Now the lvl 80 guy will get beat because bad pvp took away his gear. I hope KI does not let this in the game, I hope the other 80 Archmages agree with me.

BAD idea


Well, you obviously don't go in with level 80 gear on you, then. Completely agree with this idea, but I don't think it's possible. You'd have to make sure no one uses level 50+ spells as well, and even then, the stats are still higher than they used to be.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
33
thewiz28 wrote:
Agreed : 0% If a level 80 wizard comes, he only has his level 78 gear. He goes to the arena and since he has above lvl 50 gear he would have no gear EQUIPPED!!!! And gear gives power pips, cards, health, mana, and lots of other stats. He goes in the arena, Against a lvl 50 storm. Now the lvl 80 guy will get beat because bad pvp took away his gear. I hope KI does not let this in the game, I hope the other 80 Archmages agree with me.

BAD idea


Look i'm a level 70 fire, and I am sorry but I disagree with you. The level 80's are beating us no time flat with all thier new spells and gear! I'm always getting killed. So I want us to go back to the good ol' days of PVP were things were simple and fun!
Emily RubyBlade, Fire level 70
Ellie Owl, Life level 17

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
63
skier339 wrote:
Consider this, We make another "section" of pvp, where it nerds us back to the "Golden Days" of pvp. You know how there are a "Ranked" & "Practice" sections?

Well what if we added another one, another scroll. Where only level 50 and below gear is allowed, and only spells below level 50 are allowed.

I know it seems RIDICULOUS, but how many people might actually consider doing that?

What would happen would be:

It'd be set up the same, 1v1 2v2 3v3 & 4v4. And you make your teams and everything like usual. Then when you accept, it takes you to the arena, HOWEVER; if your wearing anything above level 50, it will be taken off and there will be no gear on you from that category.

For example, if you hit accept and your wearing a lvl 76 ring, when you enter the arena, you won't have any ring on. But if your wearing a lvl 50 ring, it will stay on.

Same goes for spells, if you have any sort of treasure or regular spell that was Celestia and after update, it would be ripped from your deck, and that slot would be empty, however if you have all spells that were before Celestia time, your deck would stay the same.

That was just an idea, it wouldn't harm anything , it would just be an add on to what we already have and it would only effect the popularity of the regular ranked pvp.

One more thing, level does NOT matter, just your gear. So you can be archmage and still do this. PvP gear is also allowed, as well as pets.

Tell me whatcha guys think

@jackflame

Yes! Totally agreed!

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
Maybe there can be a separate PvP tab for 50 and below with 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 battle features.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
2
I think this is a GREAT idea! I loved the GM days and I'm sure many others did too. I would LOVE to pvp more often now and it will make things a whole lot more even for everyone. I hope that KI will love this idea too. :D :D :D

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
75
Umrag wrote:
thewiz28 wrote:
Agreed : 0% If a level 80 wizard comes, he only has his level 78 gear. He goes to the arena and since he has above lvl 50 gear he would have no gear EQUIPPED!!!! And gear gives power pips, cards, health, mana, and lots of other stats. He goes in the arena, Against a lvl 50 storm. Now the lvl 80 guy will get beat because bad pvp took away his gear. I hope KI does not let this in the game, I hope the other 80 Archmages agree with me.

BAD idea


Well, you obviously don't go in with level 80 gear on you, then. Completely agree with this idea, but I don't think it's possible. You'd have to make sure no one uses level 50+ spells as well, and even then, the stats are still higher than they used to be.


It is possible, it's very possible. What kingsisle would do would set a cap on the spells, I'm pretty sure they know which spells were out before CL and which spells were NOT. Therefore, the ONLY stats that would be higher, would be health. Nothing else

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
75
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Maybe there can be a separate PvP tab for 50 and below with 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 battle features.


That's pretty much what I'm getting at, Lol, Just like back in the good old days!!

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
75
chess55 wrote:
thewiz28 wrote:
Agreed : 0% If a level 80 wizard comes, he only has his level 78 gear. He goes to the arena and since he has above lvl 50 gear he would have no gear EQUIPPED!!!! And gear gives power pips, cards, health, mana, and lots of other stats. He goes in the arena, Against a lvl 50 storm. Now the lvl 80 guy will get beat because bad pvp took away his gear. I hope KI does not let this in the game, I hope the other 80 Archmages agree with me.

BAD idea


Look i'm a level 70 fire, and I am sorry but I disagree with you. The level 80's are beating us no time flat with all thier new spells and gear! I'm always getting killed. So I want us to go back to the good ol' days of PVP were things were simple and fun!
Emily RubyBlade, Fire level 70
Ellie Owl, Life level 17


And with my new system here, That WILL happen! It WILL happen for anyone who chooses to participate, if you like how pvp is today, then you can gladly stay over in the normal "Ranked" Section, and be on with your day :)

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
75
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Agreed 100% but if you have Grandmaster gear how about you wear it in the Arena, same thing with robes, rings etc...


You can wear whatever gear you'd like, but if its not on Kingsisle's "Acceptional" list of gear, (lvl 50 & below OR arena gear) Then once you hit "accept" to go into your match, it will just be removed and nothing will take its place.


Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
skier339 wrote:
Lol, are you new?

ps. I see by your join date you joined AFTER CL was implanted, by that I feel bad for you that were never around in Grandmaster Days...those were the best..


Ah yes, those were the days! I always pause in DS to savor the wonder of Grandmaster 8)

Remember the excitement of getting the quest for Briskbreeze Tower? That's still a ritual for me.

Chuckles,

Qbb/Iridian

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
122
I agree 0%. And why I only agree 0% is because the normal pvp matches and ranked matches would both be deserted. And why would they be deserted is because everyone that doesnt like a good challenge wich is pretty much everyone would go to the level 50 matches. I am just saying that this idea of a new type of match will ruin pvp for alot of level 52+.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
75
queenlybluebean wrote:
skier339 wrote:
Lol, are you new?

ps. I see by your join date you joined AFTER CL was implanted, by that I feel bad for you that were never around in Grandmaster Days...those were the best..


Ah yes, those were the days! I always pause in DS to savor the wonder of Grandmaster 8)

Remember the excitement of getting the quest for Briskbreeze Tower? That's still a ritual for me.

Chuckles,

Qbb/Iridian


exactly, they were the best werent they? For PvP they were AMAZING, and a lot of people agree.

That's what I'm getting at here, on how many more people would PvP and enjoy it with this new idea!

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Gamester999 wrote:
I agree 0%. And why I only agree 0% is because the normal pvp matches and ranked matches would both be deserted. And why would they be deserted is because everyone that doesnt like a good challenge wich is pretty much everyone would go to the level 50 matches. I am just saying that this idea of a new type of match will ruin pvp for alot of level 52+.


And how would you know that hmmm? You seem do be very selfish oh I disagree because then I won't fight as many people in the other pvp.

And for me I follow you 100% we should have more options in pvp. This would make it a choice so there would be no reason for people to complain if this would be put in.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
16
Gamester999 wrote:
I agree 0%. And why I only agree 0% is because the normal pvp matches and ranked matches would both be deserted. And why would they be deserted is because everyone that doesnt like a good challenge wich is pretty much everyone would go to the level 50 matches. I am just saying that this idea of a new type of match will ruin pvp for alot of level 52+.


Not true, in my opinion. I think the ranked matches would still be full of puppetmaster teams still trying to steal their fake rank and fake arena gear.
"Liz" Dreamweaver

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
75
Gamester999 wrote:
I agree 0%. And why I only agree 0% is because the normal pvp matches and ranked matches would both be deserted. And why would they be deserted is because everyone that doesnt like a good challenge wich is pretty much everyone would go to the level 50 matches. I am just saying that this idea of a new type of match will ruin pvp for alot of level 52+.


Lol, Soooo....Your saying my idea is to good?

Your saying its to good because everyone would ditch pvp how it is today, and come to my new one? And what's wrong with that? At least their having fun? 99% of people today do NOT like pvp how it is, You may think its a "challenge" but its not a challenge at all, it's just whoever have first turn, or whoever has the most luck.

Besides, are you saying my lvl 50 pvp will be easy? LOL, I see by your join date you joined about a half a year ago, so you werent even here when we did lvl 50 pvp, and I must tell you, it was the BEST. Anyways, if this happens I dare you to step into the "ranked 50" scroll and face some warlords because the people from Grandmaster day know what their doing. they'll have full on arena gear, they will have fun on pets, and most importantly they will have their strategy. So don't think for one minute this idea is going to make pvp "easy" thats not the point. The point is to give us what we USED to have and WANT to have. Kingsisle doesnt play pvp, We do. It's our decision.

If you think its going to be easy, your wrong. But I can tell you what it will be, and that's fair, friendly, no luck involved really, no critical, no "pwning". The pvp we have today that you think is a "challenge" is the opposite of all of those things. Which is NOT good.

Even if it does desert regular pvp, why shouldnt it? Why shouldnt the fair and more fun pvp out run the nasty pvp we have today? I don't know if you've really been in the arena a ton, but its not very fun.

Even if people are worried about anything above level 50 pvp being deserted, My idea could just be a "for now while we wait for KI to find out a way to make archmage pvp fair" type of pvp.

Anyways, Nice thoughts (I guess Lol)

@jackflame


Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
25
skier339 wrote:
Consider this, We make another "section" of pvp, where it nerds us back to the "Golden Days" of pvp. You know how there are a "Ranked" & "Practice" sections?

Well what if we added another one, another scroll. Where only level 50 and below gear is allowed, and only spells below level 50 are allowed.

I know it seems RIDICULOUS, but how many people might actually consider doing that?

What would happen would be:

It'd be set up the same, 1v1 2v2 3v3 & 4v4. And you make your teams and everything like usual. Then when you accept, it takes you to the arena, HOWEVER; if your wearing anything above level 50, it will be taken off and there will be no gear on you from that category.

For example, if you hit accept and your wearing a lvl 76 ring, when you enter the arena, you won't have any ring on. But if your wearing a lvl 50 ring, it will stay on.

Same goes for spells, if you have any sort of treasure or regular spell that was Celestia and after update, it would be ripped from your deck, and that slot would be empty, however if you have all spells that were before Celestia time, your deck would stay the same.

That was just an idea, it wouldn't harm anything , it would just be an add on to what we already have and it would only effect the popularity of the regular ranked pvp.

One more thing, level does NOT matter, just your gear. So you can be archmage and still do this. PvP gear is also allowed, as well as pets.

Tell me whatcha guys think

@jackflame


i like your idea but they were not the "Golden Days" of pvp. Back then, most people chain stunned, spammed wild bolt before it was changed, judgement being spammed, life's only strong spell was centaur and it didnt hit strong because of the arena gear's resistance, puppet teams, etc.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
63
Gamester999 wrote:
I agree 0%. And why I only agree 0% is because the normal pvp matches and ranked matches would both be deserted. And why would they be deserted is because everyone that doesnt like a good challenge wich is pretty much everyone would go to the level 50 matches. I am just saying that this idea of a new type of match will ruin pvp for alot of level 52+.

A good challenge? Are you serious? Modern PvP is only about dumb luck. It actually required skill to win matches back then.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
9
Ok I totally agree with your idea here and I wouldnt mind going back to the good ol days :), but my problem is that yes the new tactics and resources in the arena are way overpowered, but listen to this. When we had the level cap of 50 were there not level 5's in arena with crown gear and overpowered pets using Kraken treasure cards Ninja Pigs, Towers? were there not chain stunners? The only point where pvp has been completely fair was when the first 2 people pvped against each other. I remember the numerous times i have gotten just 1 match away from my first commander and i walk into an arena with a person 10 levels higher than me using crowned gear or warlord gear. I have yet to get to commander nor warlord. On the other side of that i can tell you that no matter what circumstance you are in PvP is based on your ability to get around all of that. Its adaptation. I remember the last match i did with my lvl 70 myth. I had just got off of the fact that PvP really needed to go back to the old ways. I had got set up against a lvl 80 life. This kid went all out of his way to stay alive. He had that guardian spell where he comes back after dying and lemme tell you killing someone with 4k health and them getting 2k of it back after dying isnt all that encouraging in a fight. Either way this kid did that guardian thing twice. Finally as i was preparing to lose I had came up with a strategy. I went for the build up for a medusa for the kill then do a basilisk for when he comes back alive. Needless to say his little tricks never got past mine :). The moral of this whole message is to tell you that no matter what you do with the PvP at all times will something be unfair to someone (those people in second place never really have a chance). This idea of yours is really cool though and I would love to see it sometime in the future just to go back to the good ol days :) they were fun.