Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Fire Weak In PvP/ Good Combos For Fires?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
I am thinking and I am trying to win pvp's with 2v2 because 1v1 I cant do with fire. Right now i am doing a pvp with a friend who is balance, and we usually win. but you know he cant be on all the time when i am on so i need an ideas for what partners should fire work best with.

AndrewNightBlade lvl 50 GrandMaster Fire.

Delver
May 31, 2009
i cannot say i am surprized by this question, many fire player want to team up with other players for many reasons. my fire character i use in all types of matches but 1 PvP is more difficult becuase 4 of my attacks are turn based. so I use say an elf to destroy their shields then a dragon to take advantage of the opening followed usally by me healing myself. fire is turn base damage as you already know you need to plan ahead if you want to use a helephant you need to slip in the trap and then attack before they shield, it is a tough move to do.

as for teaming up find the guys you work well with, a life guy who heals and shields, a death guy who sets up feints for you, a myth guy who strips shields, and you already know all the advantages of balance. as for storm and ice those are teammates for 4 PvP matches, veryfew people go gunning for the fire guy in those matches everyone is after those guys with the stunning attacks.

these are my opinions i wish you good luck

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Fire is awesome in 1v1 PvP. My fire wizard has a rank of 1700 without the use of bolt or other treasures outside his school. The amazing thing about fire is the minion. Throw your minion up and replace him when your opponent removes him. Your minion will chain fire elf. This will prevent your opponent from keeping up fire and tower shields. Protect yourself with shields and heals and cast on the other guy when you have openings.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Properly played, fire can be one of the best wizards to do 1 on 1 PvP with. You just need a good strategy. I have no problem PvPing alone on my fire grand.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Ditto to those giving props to FIRE in 1v1.

I'm at 1856 rank right now and less than tenth of my matches were team pvp (I lost most of them). I've never Wild bolted, but I do use treasure cards, mostly to keep up with the Joneses.

As someone said, use your MINION. Lots of people think Myth has the best Minion(s), but there is no Minion spell more useful than Fire Elf. Use your minion, protect your minion, love your minion, replace and repeat.

However, for all the great cards FIRE has, theres one card that I think is the most valuable and also the most underrated. Not Immolate, not Helephant, not Fire Elf - LINK! If you don't think of it as an attack, it's a shield buster, a infect buster, and a weakness buster, all at once! I use a few decks to pvp and LINK is maxed out in all of them.

Lastly, because minions are very powerful in 1v1 (my opinion), be sure to carry lots of Fire Dragons. Not that I need to tell you, of course. But whereas a shielded minion can survive a meteor, or any other single hit attack, it's almost impossible to survive a Fire Dragon since few people would be willing to double or triple shield a minion.

Good luck to you, fellow pyromancer, you can be more powerful than you think...

mlb

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
Yes, fire is very good at pvp. i'm fire, but it's the truth. usually, i hate playing against life because it takes so much time to beat them. But a couple days i was set up to play against a life/storm wizard(it's like the perfect combination). but even though she used spirit amors to protect her. i kept destroying them and i beat her.
but the most important thing is to know which strategy to use againt each specific wizard. but fire is very cool :-D

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Another thing I do, and catch a lot of trash for, is max out minion in my deck. I am notorious for putting up a minion right away. If they kill the minion, I almost always have another to put up immediately. They'll either eventually run out of attack cards for minions while still possibly having enough for me, or they'll just ignore the minion outright and leave you with a distinct advantage. Even if they run out of cards and don't have the sense to load a reshuffle (uncommon at warlord level but notorious at lower ranks), you can just win a war of attrition by letting your minion nickel and dime them to death. This happened to me once, and I just left the game going while I did some dishes and ate.

That link strat is pretty nice, I must say. However, I must say it'd be hard for me to do because it kills shields and weakness, but also kills blades. I just stick to my minion to bust shields, and wand to bust weakness/black mantle. Not to mention that (and maybe I'm just lucky here) I'm really not presented with infected in very many fights. A shame, but I'm not complaining.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Fire can be great in 1v1. Though my fire wizard is only a level 19 (he's our "baby" wizard for now) I'm enjoying pvp with him so much!

I'll tell you about my strategy. First, I make sure to have loads of shields, as many as the deck allows. Second, I put in as many Heckhound as deck allows, along with a few fire elf and the other spell (I forget what it's called, it's the little one that heals you as it does damage). Third, I also have a necklace that gives me a power play card, because my wizard is so young his power pips are rare. Fourth, put in all the fire traps you have. It also wouldn't hurt to have a few Satyr, Tower Shield, and extra fire traps in your treasure cards, very helpful, but not usually necessary.

When the match starts, I find out my opponents school, and shield accordingly. I also lay out as many traps as possible - this depends on how my deck behaves. If I'm going to use a blade, I put that on at the last minute. I'll use powerplay as soon as I can, then, when I'm at full pips, I'll first use a small spell to remove shields (fire elf or the healing+damage thingy) then follow it up with a Heckhound.

This usually takes them out (I know, it's unlikely to take out a Grand, but I've taken out many wizards that were in the 30-40 level range, and a few that were above level 40.

Sometimes I have to do Heckhound more than once, but before the first one is over, as long as I'm using Power Play, I usually have enough pips so that I can cast it knowing it will finish the job.

Good luck to you!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
well i have a question. I would think scald would be better than link because it hits all of them. Explain that to me plz

Defender
May 31, 2009
Ah, yes - scald is indeed good for area attacks whereas Link is just against one enemy. However, I probably should have mentioned I do 1v1 almost exclusively, so most of the time I'm against but one opponent.

That not withstanding, I don't even use Scald in my deck. For one, in addition to busting shields with it's Attack over Time, Link also busts infect which scald does not do. And it's only two pips! Plus, for just two more pips (or one power pip for us FIRE), Fire Dragon is a much better option.

Yay Link!

mlb

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
lol

Andrew you know that FIRE ROCKS WOOT

It me LOGAN SWIFT SWORD LOL

the song

YA YA YA

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
I'm fire and i kill in PvP by using every charm and stuff and the save up pips fpr hech hound and choke stuns EVERYONE, immotoilate is really strong just use a fire shield and i suggest that your secondary school is on the other side of ravenwood like myth then go to sabrina in the fairegrounds to train the shield u dont have.Good luck 8) :-D

P.S. ido 1v1 a lot so it might not work .