Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm Sick of it

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I'll be brief since my last message was deleted thanks my session running out (Make that a side-project please).

Chain-Stunners completely and utterly ruin the fun of the PvP environment. Regardless of what KI says about PvP being a very small part of W101, They are mistaken. Grandmasters have nothing to do all day but PvP, and surprise surprise, we have some lovely Stunners.

Are you telling me it's fair to continually disable a team to attack while you can 'Pip-Up' and kill us all in one hit? It's extremely disheartening to see Warlords who are nothing but chain stunners. They didn't earn their title or their gear, they cheated their way to the top. They don't deserve their title, their gear, or their respect.

As i'm not well-versed in the ToS, it is against the rules to "Diminish the game experience for others" is it not? You ask one person on the bad end of a chain stunning team and ask them if they feel they're being cheated. Cheated out of the game, out of their rank, out of their tickets, and out of their money (ranked matches aren't free).

I implore KI to delve into this and entirely remove the Choke and Blinding Light spells from PvP. They are in no way,shape,or form fair in PvP. Either ban two spells, or start banning a lot of players. One of those sounds easier than the other.

F.Y.I. Should you decide to do nothing, you will lose paying customers.

Hate to make it sound like an ultimatum but it's either Ban two spells from PvP, or lose money :(

Have a wonderful day all :)

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
StormrunnerX7 wrote:
I'll be brief since my last message was deleted thanks my session running out (Make that a side-project please).

Chain-Stunners completely and utterly ruin the fun of the PvP environment. Regardless of what KI says about PvP being a very small part of W101, They are mistaken. Grandmasters have nothing to do all day but PvP, and surprise surprise, we have some lovely Stunners.

Are you telling me it's fair to continually disable a team to attack while you can 'Pip-Up' and kill us all in one hit? It's extremely disheartening to see Warlords who are nothing but chain stunners. They didn't earn their title or their gear, they cheated their way to the top. They don't deserve their title, their gear, or their respect.

As i'm not well-versed in the ToS, it is against the rules to "Diminish the game experience for others" is it not? You ask one person on the bad end of a chain stunning team and ask them if they feel they're being cheated. Cheated out of the game, out of their rank, out of their tickets, and out of their money (ranked matches aren't free).

I implore KI to delve into this and entirely remove the Choke and Blinding Light spells from PvP. They are in no way,shape,or form fair in PvP. Either ban two spells, or start banning a lot of players. One of those sounds easier than the other.

F.Y.I. Should you decide to do nothing, you will lose paying customers.

Hate to make it sound like an ultimatum but it's either Ban two spells from PvP, or lose money :(

Have a wonderful day all :)

Do 1v1, and you won't have a problem with a nutshell. Otherwise, to put it rather rudely, you'll have to deal with it until KI decides to change anything. For now, it might be impossible to stop, it might seem unfair, but it isn't cheating until KI bans it.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
yes what he said, ki wont lose customers they will simply move to 1v1.

I refuse to do anything but 1v1 for two reasons:

1. Chain stunners -- why would I voluntarily submit to being stunned, trash talked, and defeated not once but over and over and over?

2. The first (and last) time I tried 2v2, my partner bailed after just a couple spells, so I'm standing there getting stunned/trash talked all by myself.

My recommendations: if anyone flees the match, it has to end immediately. There's no point continuing, and their partner shouldn't be forced to flee also (isn't there a debuff for fleeing?). Also, random teams should be matched against other random teams, rather than people who queued together. It's the people who play together all the time that are more likely to be chain stunners, and in my opinion they should be forced to play other chain stunners.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
Defender
Dec 28, 2009
sparks123454 wrote:
Two words: Stun Block

That doesn't help. Say there is a Fire, a Myth, a Storm, and a Balance on a 4v4 team, and they go first (the other team doesn't matter). The Fire casts Choke, stunning everyone and putting up stun block. The Myth casts Blinding Light, removing the stun block. The Storm blades and so does the Balance. Next turn, Fire does Choke, stunning again because the Myth guy removed the stun block.

You see, that's why stun block doesn't help.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Umrag wrote:
sparks123454 wrote:

That doesn't help. Say there is a Fire, a Myth, a Storm, and a Balance on a 4v4 team, and they go first (the other team doesn't matter). The Fire casts Choke, stunning everyone and putting up stun block. The Myth casts Blinding Light, removing the stun block. The Storm blades and so does the Balance. Next turn, Fire does Choke, stunning again because the Myth guy removed the stun block.

oh way to go. give stunners a new way to take you out. but bottom line you just pointed out a specialty for several schools. if people manage to figure it out using what you mentioned, THEN GOOD JOB ON THEM!

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
DashStampede wrote:
Umrag wrote:
sparks123454 wrote:

oh way to go. give stunners a new way to take you out. but bottom line you just pointed out a specialty for several schools. if people manage to figure it out using what you mentioned, THEN GOOD JOB ON THEM!

ok what if ur team went first?

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
ok i am going to use the title for this.
I'm Sick of it

for those people who found a way to win almost every match they play, good for them
no other way of putting it.
to tell you the truth, i DID earn my rank. one day though, i decided to make a chain stun team. i did, and, well, it was fun. i started as a warlord with full gear, and i ended as a warlord with full gear.
what i loved about my matches is people saying i bug the que, and that i didnt earn my rank
i try explaining to them i earned my rank in 1v1, then retired after i got full gear.
look, i have been trashed talked even in 1v1, i dont care.
if you dont wanna deal with that, turn off chat bubbles and close your chat box!
now for those that say chain stunning is cheating, its not. cheating is a way to win 100% of the time, and how i got into chaining is i faced a very well known chainer a couple times and lost, then the third time i faced them, i went first and i had beguile.
then after that i look at the message boards and read all this stuff about beguile cheating! its not! using beguile is a very big risk, so is chain stunning.
if you are chain stunning, you have to watch EVERYTHING you say, make sure none is offensive, or you will get reported for it. i know you will get reported for chain stunning, but who cares about that, that wont get you banned or muted. so, i say this. I am Sick of people who complain about some peoples methods to get their rank. look, the 2 times i won of the 3 times i chained, i got like 3 points back for each. the time i lost to another chain team, i lost 30 points. so really, it was a loss, and i know a lot of people have gotten their entire rank from chaining, but i dont care, if they are proud of it, so be it. i am proud of earning my rank through 1v1 where i didnt rely on others so i could get my points

thanks,
John DragonRider
Grandmaster Necromancer
Warlord (1467)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
I see this is the right thread to log a game compliant or I hope.

If a person casts stun on you then it gets removed or someone casts another stun which removes it then the effects should be lost, because otherwise it's just and endless stun, stun gone, oops I'm stunned still? thing.

So basically like I said 2 stuns in the same round should cancel each other, otherwise why be any school other then the schools that can stun.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
"cheating is a way to win 100% of the time" = wrong.
Cheating is using any method you are not supposed to use, whether you win or not.

That said, I do not see how this is cheating. I can't do it, but have had it used against me, so what? It is allowed by the mechanics, it has not been declared an 'exploit', therefore it is legal.
That should be the end of the debate,
Unless you what you really want to debate whether it 'should' be changed and not allowed?

Personally, on that debate, I would like to see it go away, if only for purely selfish reason that I dislike to lose. But then, that isn't fair to everyone else now is it? hee hee

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
sparks123454 wrote:
DashStampede wrote:
Umrag wrote:
sparks123454 wrote:

ok listion i dont chain stun and i am fire so i have choke i dont think you should take it away i just think all schools should have a stunn to make it work tell me what you think

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
sheridan911 wrote:
sparks123454 wrote:
DashStampede wrote:
Umrag wrote:
sparks123454 wrote:

ok listion i dont chain stun and i am fire so i have choke i dont think you should take it away i just think all schools should have a stunn to make it work tell me what you think

So everyone can stun each other? I'm sorry, but that's a horrible idea.