Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If you can't beat em', join em'.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
The worst excuse I've ever heard to not balancing pvp. People choose to pvp a certain way (whether it be on a death or as a level 10) becuase they enjoy it more than the other ways, besides the fact that they may be at a big disadvantage. Telling them to stop pvping the way the like it to have a fighting chance is simply taking away what they like about pvp.

KI, if you are using this as a reason to not fix pvp, then please, go and rethink that decision.

-Solstice64
P.S. I know this thread doesn't have much reason, but I really wanted to get this point out there.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
75
I think KI really should and hopefully they are getting around to it.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
158
Solstice64 wrote:

P.S. I know this thread doesn't have much reason, but I really wanted to get this point out there.


Sorry, I think I missed the point here.
This sounds like it could be an interesting post too.

Who is telling people they can't play a certain way? KI?

What is KI saying that makes you think they are making up excuses?

And my last question. Did you have to group death in the same bracket as lvl 10s? harsh jk :p


Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
But you see, PvP literally has no influence what so ever over your wizard except some random gear. It really is OPTIONAL.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
76
What's so good about death? Being a grandmaster death myself, this is a big question for me. I can never get out my spells: storm and fire kill me before i have a chance to cast, ice is resisting me to the point i can't heal, myth has shield-killers, life takes in all my damage, and balance just kills no matter how many shields you have. All in all, my myth-fire-balance-ice is doing better.
~-R. .N.A.N-~

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
But you see, PvP literally has no influence what so ever over your wizard except some random gear. It really is OPTIONAL.


Pvp is the sole reason why I play wizard101. From KI's perspective, pvp is the sole reason I give them money. If there are enough people out there that are like me, than KI should go to an extent to please us, becuase if they don't, they lose our money.

loki1201 wrote:
Who is telling people they can't play a certain way? KI?


I've seen a few people on these forums say this on threads that complain about any imbalance in pvp.

loki1201 wrote:
What is KI saying that makes you think they are making up excuses?


I want people to stop saying this becuase when KI reads through these forums, they see those posts and think "True, why fix pvp when you can just choose the more powerful side." I have no idea if they think this or not, I am simply trying to stop them from thinking it.

-Solstice64

P.S.
I am implying nothing about death and level 10s, just things I got from the top of my head.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1635
Solstice64 wrote:
The worst excuse I've ever heard to not balancing pvp. People choose to pvp a certain way (whether it be on a death or as a level 10) becuase they enjoy it more than the other ways, besides the fact that they may be at a big disadvantage. Telling them to stop pvping the way the like it to have a fighting chance is simply taking away what they like about pvp.

KI, if you are using this as a reason to not fix pvp, then please, go and rethink that decision.

-Solstice64
P.S. I know this thread doesn't have much reason, but I really wanted to get this point out there.


You're saying that Death is the best school? Really. It's called strategy. I've defeated so many Death wizards on my Balance that they're almost too easy. It all depends on your deck and strategy. Pvp is NOT broken at all, except for the ranked pvp 2v2's and such. But overall, pvp is perfecly normal the way it is and it doesn't need any fixing. Read my post called 'balancing pvp, really?'. Then see if it's normal or not. Is the way you want to change pvp going to make it too easy to defeat other schools? Would it make your school overpowered? Would it make the main storyline too easy? Think about it.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
152
TheTrueRonan31173 wrote:
What's so good about death? Being a grandmaster death myself, this is a big question for me. I can never get out my spells: storm and fire kill me before i have a chance to cast, ice is resisting me to the point i can't heal, myth has shield-killers, life takes in all my damage, and balance just kills no matter how many shields you have. All in all, my myth-fire-balance-ice is doing better.
~-R. .N.A.N-~


I've been trying to figure this out over a long (and hopeless) 200 match career as a Necromancer. If there are really so many Death warlords, how come we never see any?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
joujou11cool wrote:


You're saying that Death is the best school? Really. It's called strategy. I've defeated so many Death wizards on my Balance that they're almost too easy. It all depends on your deck and strategy. Pvp is NOT broken at all, except for the ranked pvp 2v2's and such. But overall, pvp is perfecly normal the way it is and it doesn't need any fixing. Read my post called 'balancing pvp, really?'. Then see if it's normal or not. Is the way you want to change pvp going to make it too easy to defeat other schools? Would it make your school overpowered? Would it make the main storyline too easy? Think about it.


I am not saying death is the best school, I am simply using it as an example. The point of this thread is to say "If you can't beat em', join em'" isn't an excuse to not balance pvp.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
67
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:


You're saying that Death is the best school? Really. It's called strategy. I've defeated so many Death wizards on my Balance that they're almost too easy. It all depends on your deck and strategy. Pvp is NOT broken at all, except for the ranked pvp 2v2's and such. But overall, pvp is perfecly normal the way it is and it doesn't need any fixing. Read my post called 'balancing pvp, really?'. Then see if it's normal or not. Is the way you want to change pvp going to make it too easy to defeat other schools? Would it make your school overpowered? Would it make the main storyline too easy? Think about it.


I am not saying death is the best school, I am simply using it as an example. The point of this thread is to say "If you can't beat em', join em'" isn't an excuse to not balance pvp.

Ok, when i first read this post, I was like, "Um... what is this supposed to mean?" But, after reading it 5 times, I finally see your point. For example, someone may enjoy the death school a BUNCH! But, as soon as they enter the arena, storm gets all of the powerful spells, while death (no offense to anyone) kinda gets the unfortunate spells, that put them at a disadvantage. It's like K.I. is saying, "Instead of bugging us to 'balance pvp' just join the Storm school, it's the best!"

P.S~ i'm not trying to offend any death people, or discourage them about being in the death school. My brother is a death Warlord, and i have lost against a number of death people on my Myth.
Seth Legendsword Lvl 60 Conjurer

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
67
joujou11cool wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:
The worst excuse I've ever heard to not balancing pvp. People choose to pvp a certain way (whether it be on a death or as a level 10) becuase they enjoy it more than the other ways, besides the fact that they may be at a big disadvantage. Telling them to stop pvping the way the like it to have a fighting chance is simply taking away what they like about pvp.

KI, if you are using this as a reason to not fix pvp, then please, go and rethink that decision.

-Solstice64
P.S. I know this thread doesn't have much reason, but I really wanted to get this point out there.


You're saying that Death is the best school? Really. It's called strategy. I've defeated so many Death wizards on my Balance that they're almost too easy. It all depends on your deck and strategy. Pvp is NOT broken at all, except for the ranked pvp 2v2's and such. But overall, pvp is perfecly normal the way it is and it doesn't need any fixing. Read my post called 'balancing pvp, really?'. Then see if it's normal or not. Is the way you want to change pvp going to make it too easy to defeat other schools? Would it make your school overpowered? Would it make the main storyline too easy? Think about it.


I have read your post, 'Balancing pvp, really?' and I agree with all of your points. But, when people say that PvP should be balanced, I think that they mean it's not fair that a lvl 5 Warlord gets in a match against a lvl 40 Private.
Not only is that unfair, but here are the results most of the time:
Warlord- lvl 5 Rank: 1050
Private- lvl 40 Rank 225
If the Warlord wins: Rank+ 0, Private- Rank minus 0
If the Private wins: Rank + 30 Warlord- Rank minus 30
If that's not fair, then i don't know what is; not only is the Level 5 at a disadvantage, but if they lose, it packs a punch on their rank.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
89
lucara wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:
The worst excuse I've ever heard to not balancing pvp. People choose to pvp a certain way (whether it be on a death or as a level 10) becuase they enjoy it more than the other ways, besides the fact that they may be at a big disadvantage. Telling them to stop pvping the way the like it to have a fighting chance is simply taking away what they like about pvp.

KI, if you are using this as a reason to not fix pvp, then please, go and rethink that decision.

-Solstice64
P.S. I know this thread doesn't have much reason, but I really wanted to get this point out there.


You're saying that Death is the best school? Really. It's called strategy. I've defeated so many Death wizards on my Balance that they're almost too easy. It all depends on your deck and strategy. Pvp is NOT broken at all, except for the ranked pvp 2v2's and such. But overall, pvp is perfecly normal the way it is and it doesn't need any fixing. Read my post called 'balancing pvp, really?'. Then see if it's normal or not. Is the way you want to change pvp going to make it too easy to defeat other schools? Would it make your school overpowered? Would it make the main storyline too easy? Think about it.


I have read your post, 'Balancing pvp, really?' and I agree with all of your points. But, when people say that PvP should be balanced, I think that they mean it's not fair that a lvl 5 Warlord gets in a match against a lvl 40 Private.
Not only is that unfair, but here are the results most of the time:
Warlord- lvl 5 Rank: 1050
Private- lvl 40 Rank 225
If the Warlord wins: Rank+ 0, Private- Rank minus 0
If the Private wins: Rank + 30 Warlord- Rank minus 30
If that's not fair, then i don't know what is; not only is the Level 5 at a disadvantage, but if they lose, it packs a punch on their rank.


I thought about this last part for a while, then I stopped