Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I think ice should have more resist now.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
3
I am saying this due to because every since wintertusk came out a lot of schools has become almost equal to ice resist,Even storm is starting to began its journey to good defenses because they have a 26 percent to all school.Other schools like balance is one resist point away from ice and alot has change for the boost on cloths. So now i think it should change since storm,balance,life,myth,death and fire has changed. Ice has a good reputation for best health and defenses and should stay like that.So wizards should Know that no schools beats ice at staying alive and having the best resist and defenses.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
79
are you joking?

Ice doesnt need any more help whatsoever.
Sorry to be blunt but if you think pvp is difficult then try another school not ice.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
15
Hello. OK, sorry but I disagree with your post..
KI made the level 60 gear from the waterworks like that because of all the complaining...they had to do something that they thought would make it more "fair". Yes I know ice was meant for that, but like I said, something had to be done about all of the "ICE HAS TOO MUCH RESIST!" or "Ice is OP!". Maybe if you get enough people agreeing with you and complaining to KI they might fix it..but as of now I like the gear.. and when it comes to PvP, you don't even have to have commander gear now! and I ranked my balance up to warlord for nothing I guess..
~Glitter10266

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
The ice players I've seen have been doing huge damage due to their ample amount of high percentage blades and their full use of strength cards, whereas death only gets half the base damage for those. Ice has the most attack all cards in the game with the exception of maybe fire. If you want to increase ice's resistance you will need to drop their damage to compensate. Ice was playing ultra powerful before Wintertusk, but was ultra weak before Celestia. Now they are average.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
seasnake wrote:
The ice players I've seen have been doing huge damage due to their ample amount of high percentage blades and their full use of strength cards, whereas death only gets half the base damage for those. Ice has the most attack all cards in the game with the exception of maybe fire. If you want to increase ice's resistance you will need to drop their damage to compensate. Ice was playing ultra powerful before Wintertusk, but was ultra weak before Celestia. Now they are average.
I agree with this, KI did good with this update.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
I completely agree with you it isnt fair all ice shouldnt even be a school anymore, people kept complaining that they cant kill us fast enough or whatever its just really. Storm doesnt deserve any resistance at all they critical like monsters and whats the gear thing now 84%? its not fair at all wizard is picking favorites and its never ice. What about all those pets now spritely and they give resistance to. I mean people can try and keep the lies going so ice is still made weak because of their complaints but its just you know true justice will always prevail, besides the ones that continuesly complain about ice dont know what they are doing they are just ruining ice as a school guarenteeing that we dont get any buffs from new spells or anything. Triage gets rid of our best spell now. and what do we have legion shield and an advanced absorb shield? and now the thing we are supposed to have to keep some order and balacne is gone because any school can now copy it, its ashamed that they are letting this happen but complainers guarentee that it will never be fixed

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
20
Ice should have more resist since the new updates. Ice didnt get nearly as good new editions to their school as all the other schools.

40 attack to our colossus doesnt make it ok to give other schools the same resist.

Our school needs fixed.

Isnt justifiable to make us suffer.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
maybe when the next world comes out ice can be given a percent to stun whomever is attacking them... ice's damage will need to be kept low and stun shields will likely reduce the stunning and the stun resistance bubble would likely be used more but ice's role in the game is to last long and wear out the opponent

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
1
If you guys are defensive, why do I ALWAYS see ice (especially in PvP) using a triple bladed "Snow Angel" and not working on defending, huh? Could you please answer this question? And I think KI is sending you a message with the new gear and new lvl 55 "Frozen Armor" spell saying "Ice, you are defensive, not offensive, we were wrong about giving you "Snow Angel"."

~Sandindian

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
sandindian wrote:
If you guys are defensive, why do I ALWAYS see ice (especially in PvP) using a triple bladed "Snow Angel" and not working on defending, huh? Could you please answer this question? And I think KI is sending you a message with the new gear and new lvl 55 "Frozen Armor" spell saying "Ice, you are defensive, not offensive, we were wrong about giving you "Snow Angel"."

~Sandindian


I think you are right on the problem here. Ice was supposed to be heavily defensive at the expense of offense, but after celestia and with all those huge percent blades and in large numbers that ice has at its disposal, ice was killing with snow angel about anything it attacked if not on the initial turn of attack but the turn after and before anyone could ever respond to it. It is no wonder Wizard101 gave life a spell that rids such a per turn effect and upped everyone's resistances which further weakened ice's attack damage.

On the other hand, people are making complaints that storm should be given more life, and storm was never supposed to have such life. They were supposed to hit hard and fast and survive through such attacking, but what happened was that everyone started having huge storm defense, storm dispels (which were originally the only dispels to come out), tons of blades were introduced making it so storm could not survive ever being hit as others did storm like damage, and to top it Wizard101 took the initial quick hitting and high damage wild bolt and turned it into something that storm was very unhappy about.

The point I'm making here is that ice should play as ice, storm should play as storm, and so forth, and when compensations are made to make things play more fairly only one compensating adjustment needs to be made at a time. In the past Wizard101 has implemented two to three seperate fixes to solving the same problem all at the same time which nerfs the class way to much from being strongly at one end of the spectrum to the other.

The stackable blades to tremendously up damage in this game are insane.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
The game is telling us nothing, the game is telling ice players to stop playing because their gonna rip us off till we all quit. The idea is ice being made into a second class school and the purpose of this school is to help other schools quest. Attack on all enemies with a taunt, legion shield, an absorb that goes on anyone. I'm my own player and i want that respect, the one that needs to be dropped down is storm, storm is just way to over powered every other school is not even trying to defend and they can attack with thousands of damage whenever they want lets look at this a storm can put a gargantaun on a tempest, crit, plus 82% damage increase because of gear, and then critical thats 1k to everyone with one pip.... Anyone that says ice is to overpowered is just wrong plain and simple.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
20
Really your only complaint about ice is snow angel?

Snow angel is the level 58 ice spell and the only adequate spell ice gets.

After ice gets snow angel they dont even get to enjoy it but for 2 levels.


Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
sandindian wrote:
If you guys are defensive, why do I ALWAYS see ice (especially in PvP) using a triple bladed "Snow Angel" and not working on defending, huh? Could you please answer this question? And I think KI is sending you a message with the new gear and new lvl 55 "Frozen Armor" spell saying "Ice, you are defensive, not offensive, we were wrong about giving you "Snow Angel"."

~Sandindian


What power was given to you that lets you tell people how to play? I'm ice and i shield if people dont want to shield you cant really make them. And i have fought the kind of ice your talking about, use weakness or shield lol.
Ice needs to be buffed, or all other schools need to be brought down to our level so its just fair. I'm sorrying if storm players dont know what to do because now they cant as easily one shot us. Storm strategy is lets just keep hitting and game will give us a critical. Maybe ice students are giving YOU a message that these just gargantaun blasts wont work and now people will actually need to have a strategy and shield. Ice is soooo easy to beat and people dont realize it, just prepare yourself and have a form of strategy. Ice can barely critical, they cant block any other schools critical, their damage is sooo weak you can just blast them and they cant do anything about it, its just most ice are smart and can realize when someone is actually playing and when someone is just hitting and hoping that will work.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Ice is defensive (or was defensive), but that is no longer the case. What the people are complaining about is PvP, plain an simple. No one cares when the person next to them is crushing the PvE's. It's only in PvP, when someone beats you, that the complaints start.
Lasts night I was with a Storm that was hitting for over 10,000 with Storm Lord, and not one of us complained (and I don't expect anyone else does either).
My double bladed Snow Angel was hitting a total of around 2100, not per round, but total, big difference.

Please go take a look at the new level 60 gear or the new Crafted gear. Ice no longer has any advantage at all. It has health, and no other advantage, but I can show plenty of disadvantages.
It's health has been Increased, but it's one great advantage of Gobal resist is gone. It's critcal is still Lower than almost any other school in the game. It's damage is still lower than any other school in the game. It only has resist to two schools, which put's it at a disavantage to anyone with PvP gear.
Ice can no longer do any damage quick enough to take out a player with the Life Amulet that knows Satyr.

Now, lets go into my balance, that doesn't need to spend training points on Life , and can use them for other schools like learning Earthquake.
Care to see all your shields and boost taken away, and then a Judge headed your way.
Care to see a earthquake, and then a Efreet headed your way.
Care to see a earthquake, and then a fully loaded Skeleton Dragon on it's way.
Care to see a earthquake, and then a Medusa about to hit you.

Anyone that is complaining about Ice today, should realize that Ice is currently the weakest playing in the Game, no question about it, absolutely none.

Now, lets talk about the Triple bladed Snow Angel, do you know how much it cost to buy treasure Balance blades. You have to play the game a ton to do this, or spend a ton of time Crafting. Even then you only get one Ice Blade during the game, to use.
I am really getting tired of hearing this, as even with this anyone with the Life Amulet can outheal Snow Angel.

I have seen plenty of Wizards with Gobal resist that are not Ice. Seeing 35% gobal resist is not uncommon for many different players, Ice at one time only had 37% max. Yes, pets can add more, but anyone can do that.

Bottom line, Ice is now just like any other player, but is now more of a PVE player, not a PvP player. It has no advantage in PvE, but in fact is now in a Disadvantage with the Level 60 gear.

Anyone care to disagree.....

Joseph.


Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
Lion359 wrote:
Ice is defensive (or was defensive), but that is no longer the case. What the people are complaining about is PvP, plain an simple. No one cares when the person next to them is crushing the PvE's. It's only in PvP, when someone beats you, that the complaints start.
Lasts night I was with a Storm that was hitting for over 10,000 with Storm Lord, and not one of us complained (and I don't expect anyone else does either).
My double bladed Snow Angel was hitting a total of around 2100, not per round, but total, big difference.

Please go take a look at the new level 60 gear or the new Crafted gear. Ice no longer has any advantage at all. It has health, and no other advantage, but I can show plenty of disadvantages.
It's health has been Increased, but it's one great advantage of Gobal resist is gone. It's critcal is still Lower than almost any other school in the game. It's damage is still lower than any other school in the game. It only has resist to two schools, which put's it at a disavantage to anyone with PvP gear.
Ice can no longer do any damage quick enough to take out a player with the Life Amulet that knows Satyr.

Now, lets go into my balance, that doesn't need to spend training points on Life , and can use them for other schools like learning Earthquake.
Care to see all your shields and boost taken away, and then a Judge headed your way.
Care to see a earthquake, and then a Efreet headed your way.
Care to see a earthquake, and then a fully loaded Skeleton Dragon on it's way.
Care to see a earthquake, and then a Medusa about to hit you.

Anyone that is complaining about Ice today, should realize that Ice is currently the weakest playing in the Game, no question about it, absolutely none.

Now, lets talk about the Triple bladed Snow Angel, do you know how much it cost to buy treasure Balance blades. You have to play the game a ton to do this, or spend a ton of time Crafting. Even then you only get one Ice Blade during the game, to use.
I am really getting tired of hearing this, as even with this anyone with the Life Amulet can outheal Snow Angel.

I have seen plenty of Wizards with Gobal resist that are not Ice. Seeing 35% gobal resist is not uncommon for many different players, Ice at one time only had 37% max. Yes, pets can add more, but anyone can do that.

Bottom line, Ice is now just like any other player, but is now more of a PVE player, not a PvP player. It has no advantage in PvE, but in fact is now in a Disadvantage with the Level 60 gear.

Anyone care to disagree.....

Joseph.



You know what i hate ice students are giving intelligent factual responses and the arguement that ice is OP is this " They beat me in Arena thats OP!"
its like honestly get over it your gonna lose at one point

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
I'd give ice a blocking/evade chance, that is a chance when it is attacked that it will evade all damage. Ice is not meant to be a damage powerhouse though, and those playing it looking not to be in a supportive defensive role simply are playing a character class that is not suitable for their own style of play and personality. I see this a lot with some of my friends, they hate their school their personality type doesn't work well with it.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
sandindian wrote:
If you guys are defensive, why do I ALWAYS see ice (especially in PvP) using a triple bladed "Snow Angel" and not working on defending, huh? Could you please answer this question? And I think KI is sending you a message with the new gear and new lvl 55 "Frozen Armor" spell saying "Ice, you are defensive, not offensive, we were wrong about giving you "Snow Angel"."

~Sandindian


I will say, this is the best post I have ever read on this board.
Can you imagine going in to PVP and just being defensive. Don't you dare use an attack spell, because you are only a defensive school....

Why do you think anyone would even go into PvP, if they couldn't win.
If Life had no chance to win, if all they could do is heal, do you think they would PvP in 1v1. If Ice could only put up shields and and defend itself, do you think it would do PvP in 1v1.

I see Life going into PvP and winning, but they should only be healing.

I see Death going into PvP and winning, but they should only have mild attacks, so their attacks can heal them and they can wear down the enemy.
Not a huge attack like Skeleton Dragon that can hit way over what Snow Angel can.

I see Myth going in and winning with out their Minions, but that is not right.
Myth is only a Minion school that should take down their enemy with Minions, it shouldn't have a huge attack like Medusa.

So, if KI is so wrong about giving Ice Snow Angel, then it was wrong about Medusa, Skeleton Dragon, and all the other spells it gave at Level 58.

Think about it, your posting makes no sense to me at all.

To answer your other question, Frozen Armor was designed to help boost the life of Ice. As they have taken away Gobal resist from Ice, it's one advantage.
Now Ice is just like anyother school, but it's been weaken greatly with the Myth Amulet. Earthquake can now crush the only other real advantage that Ice had, it's shields and Blades. The Life Amulet allows all players to heal faster than Snow Angel can attack and do damage.

Ice can no longer win in PvP, it's a joke now in pvp.

Hope that I answered your question......

Joseph.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
34
I truely think the mastery amulets should not be allowed for pvp use. It is absolutely absurd that those amulets were even made. I was highly upset by the release of them for one powerful reason, it took away what made each school special, our ability to meet a function other schools couldn't. Before you had to work a wizard up to a high level of one school to cast spells like heck hound, rebirth, storm lord, power nova, scarecrow, and earthquake.

But now you school means very little, with enough money, anyone can buy treasure cards and cast them with the mastry amulets. I could say at least it would be substantially weaker without boost from clothes, but with crafted gear it isn't true. Those amulets might have possibly ruined the fighting aspect of wizard101 for me, not just in pvp, but in the spiral too.

I don't have much to say for pvp, in the end if you can't beat a school then join them, however when you steal the individuality of the schools, there is nothing I can do about that.

Now some of my friends replaced me with those amulets, people are becoming more independant with questing and dungeons. I think it was said best,"If everyone is super, then nobody is".

If we keep making complains to balance the schools, and they keep getting put through, then we might as well just give everyone all the spells they want. Everyone complaining about pvp acts like each school has something nobody else does, but in my eyes they are all just the same thing with different clothes. Pvp should be like rock paper scissors, it should be clear simply based on your school who has the best chances of winning, and each school should be good against around the same number of schools.

Sorry if this seems off topic, but I wanted people interested in this topic to see my thoughts. Thank you for your time.

This message is brought to you by Evil Snowman, ok if I knew this hat turned snow to life I would have built something more impressive.
5stepstoofar

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
52
sandindian wrote:
If you guys are defensive, why do I ALWAYS see ice (especially in PvP) using a triple bladed "Snow Angel" and not working on defending, huh? Could you please answer this question? And I think KI is sending you a message with the new gear and new lvl 55 "Frozen Armor" spell saying "Ice, you are defensive, not offensive, we were wrong about giving you "Snow Angel"."

~Sandindian


Are you serious? Frozen armor is probably the worst spell in the entire game, counting upon once you are that level there are a million ways to destroy or even steal that shield. Personally, I never have the chance to get even three blades up, and are having to shield every turn. About snow angel, is it wrong to give ice a SINGLE powerful attack? Its not even that good with blades!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
seasnake wrote:
I'd give ice a blocking/evade chance, that is a chance when it is attacked that it will evade all damage. Ice is not meant to be a damage powerhouse though, and those playing it looking not to be in a supportive defensive role simply are playing a character class that is not suitable for their own style of play and personality. I see this a lot with some of my friends, they hate their school their personality type doesn't work well with it.


Truthfully i see People in PvP shield all the time. But what do you want us to do we have to hit soon because its just a messed up system. With everyone now having very decent universal resistance which used to be only for ice and crows gear its just imbalanced. We cant and arent power houses but unless you attack first now if your ice you lost because now they can resist the already weak attacks you have its just adapting to whats going on. Plus you can still really decent damage despite ice's shield frozen armor is a joke getting rid of. And towers arent cutting it any more because you can still do amazing damage despite a tower. If you ask me people that arent ice really take for granted what a blessing the game has given you. Because universal resistance was ice's only advantage health is ok but if your hitting 700 damage to a person while they are hitting like 2k its like well health isnt really an advantage just balance. But storm's 60 gear gives 26% resistance to all? The game is getting rid of weaknesses the schools are supposedto have but they arent doing it with ice. Instead they are giving away our whole playing style to every school?? Its like does it make sense no.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
alexmf2 wrote:
sandindian wrote:
If you guys are defensive, why do I ALWAYS see ice (especially in PvP) using a triple bladed "Snow Angel" and not working on defending, huh? Could you please answer this question? And I think KI is sending you a message with the new gear and new lvl 55 "Frozen Armor" spell saying "Ice, you are defensive, not offensive, we were wrong about giving you "Snow Angel"."

~Sandindian


Are you serious? Frozen armor is probably the worst spell in the entire game, counting upon once you are that level there are a million ways to destroy or even steal that shield. Personally, I never have the chance to get even three blades up, and are having to shield every turn. About snow angel, is it wrong to give ice a SINGLE powerful attack? Its not even that good with blades!


Scandindian,

I agree, Frozen Armor is useless unless Playing PvE, I can't see anyone using it in PVP at all.
Second, Snow Angel is now a useless spell in PvP, as of the release of Triage or the Cow's Pearl Amulet. Only Snow Angel's first hit is taken as damage, and then Triage removes all additonal damage.
So any DOT spell is useless in PvP now. Why that spell was relased and allowed into PvP is beyond me.
Even without Triage, add Earthquake, and Snow Angel would be lucky to take out a level 25 death Wizard.
Anyone that can't beat Ice easy now, should not be doing PvP.

My Ice is out of PvP, I am working on my Storm Wizard for PvP.
I feel sorry for anyone that was bringing up an Ice for PvP, as it was a waste of time for them. Myth, Storm or Fire with Crafted gear or Level 60 gear is the way to go now. Even Life seems to be doing quite well in PvP.
Balance really did change that much, it still doesn't have a great critical rating. Balance has maybe dropped a bit in PvP, as most schools gained with the level 60 or crafted gear. I think that Death still has a chance to win, but Ice is gone.

Joseph.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Here are my thoughts on the situation;

All schools were given global resistance, more power, more health, and their critical hit points, some were even raised higher than what they were!

Ice was given a little more health, but lowered it's global resistance, and got it's critical hit points (Which are the lowest of all the schools), and a little more power! Still only add 9% accuracy, which is better than balance and death, however, they can have 100% power pip chance, while Ice is tied with storm, fire, and myth on power pip chance, pending on the equipment you decide to use.

With this being said, I don't think Ice should have lost any of it's global resistance, but since it did, Ice should have gotten more accuracy and even more power to compensate. (This is not a complaint, just my opinion!)

Everything is a give/take ratio, however, more was given to the other schools and some was taken from Ice.

Now, as for Snow Angel, it is not the only DOT AOE spell in the game!
Fire and Myth both have them now! Although, Fire Dragon could be setup better (Do less damage to begin with and more damage over time) it is still a good setup!

People talk about Snow Angel and it's power, However, it takes time to get Snow Angel that so called Power. Now, with Ice's resistance lowered and Ice having the Lowest Critical Hit Points of all the schools, it is not hard for other schools to Kill Ice before that Massive Snow Angel is released.

Now, if you are playing 1v1, Snow Angel is not even a factor as Snow Angel is a AOE spell. Frostbite and the new Wyvern both have DOT for shields. Although other schools also have DOT spells.

As far as the Amulets are concerned, it is all fair in war. Ice can get the life amulet to heal, or the myth amulet to earthquake or dispel myth from using earthquake on them. It's a back and forth arguement, so let's just say, you can't say it's unfair!!!

In closing, I think something should be compensated to Ice, but I wont say Ice is weak at all. It's not the game or school that is powerful, it's the player!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
darthjt wrote:
Here are my thoughts on the situation;

All schools were given global resistance, more power, more health, and their critical hit points, some were even raised higher than what they were!

Ice was given a little more health, but lowered it's global resistance, and got it's critical hit points (Which are the lowest of all the schools), and a little more power! Still only add 9% accuracy, which is better than balance and death, however, they can have 100% power pip chance, while Ice is tied with storm, fire, and myth on power pip chance, pending on the equipment you decide to use.

With this being said, I don't think Ice should have lost any of it's global resistance, but since it did, Ice should have gotten more accuracy and even more power to compensate. (This is not a complaint, just my opinion!)

Everything is a give/take ratio, however, more was given to the other schools and some was taken from Ice.

Now, as for Snow Angel, it is not the only DOT AOE spell in the game!
Fire and Myth both have them now! Although, Fire Dragon could be setup better (Do less damage to begin with and more damage over time) it is still a good setup!

People talk about Snow Angel and it's power, However, it takes time to get Snow Angel that so called Power. Now, with Ice's resistance lowered and Ice having the Lowest Critical Hit Points of all the schools, it is not hard for other schools to Kill Ice before that Massive Snow Angel is released.

Now, if you are playing 1v1, Snow Angel is not even a factor as Snow Angel is a AOE spell. Frostbite and the new Wyvern both have DOT for shields. Although other schools also have DOT spells.

As far as the Amulets are concerned, it is all fair in war. Ice can get the life amulet to heal, or the myth amulet to earthquake or dispel myth from using earthquake on them. It's a back and forth arguement, so let's just say, you can't say it's unfair!!!

In closing, I think something should be compensated to Ice, but I wont say Ice is weak at all. It's not the game or school that is powerful, it's the player!


I agree with that but i think the thing is, being an ice myself i dont mind that our boost to resistance lowered i think ice is upset over the fact that everyone else had a huge huge raise to universal resistance. That is my problem. As compensation really i just think they should lower universal resistance to the other schools. Because to make that transition in one patch is really hard on ice because they didnt slowly give everyone universal resistance it was just all schools can now get +25% universal resistance and its just overwhelming because thats ice's strong point.