Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to easily get PERMANENT mounts?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2017
i really need to know how to get permanent mounts WITHOUT GOLD OR CROWNS if there is a person in-game who will gift me one i want thanks but you do NOT need to. Thanks!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lucas ThunderStaff on Dec 21, 2017 wrote:
i really need to know how to get permanent mounts WITHOUT GOLD OR CROWNS if there is a person in-game who will gift me one i want thanks but you do NOT need to. Thanks!
There is a chance that you can get a permanent mount from a boss. You can also craft a mount, but this requires a great deal of effort and gold ( for the recipe ). Your post just makes me feel as if you're too lazy to earn anything, much less a mount.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, if you're unwilling to spend gold or crowns. Then please don't add to the annoying begging problem that seems to plague The Commons daily.

Want something? Earn it. Don't beg for it

You however can try farming for one though. It's even more tedious to get one through this method.

Omen Stribog for example drops quite a few.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
There is no way that I know of to just wake up and find a permanent mount in your backpack.

Not sure how anyone would gift you one since wizard names are not unique.

Why can't you farm for gold and buy a mount with gold?

Just do a lot of team ups and sell the drops for gold, save it up and buy a mount, no?

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 21, 2017 wrote:
There is a chance that you can get a permanent mount from a boss. You can also craft a mount, but this requires a great deal of effort and gold ( for the recipe ). Your post just makes me feel as if you're too lazy to earn anything, much less a mount.
While this is a very rare oppertunity, its really the only way to get permanent mounts without paying. I would just suggest purchasing a mount for gold, like a dragon, big cat, or broom. You will get a ton of gold throughout you playing, and this is a rewarding way to spend it. All of these mounts are quite charming, and will cost you 50,000-90,000 gold, depending on which one you buy. This is how I got the blue dragon and proud lion, and I definitely recomend it!

Survivor
Aug 12, 2016
I know one way that actually you can get free perm mounts, but it's very rare. Remember those pack giveaways with codes and other stuff we all love and like? You can get a perm mount from those like i did with me ;)

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
Some Bosses drop permanent mounts. or i would thing so because i got a permanent Snow Ram mount from the skeleton key room in polaris. I'm sure other fights may have such drops.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I got 3 permanent mounts from the skeleton key boss in Polaris in about 6 battles. Snow Ram, Fire Whirlwind and a White Stag. A lot of people go there trying to get permanent ice skates. There are other bosses that aren't so high level that also drop permanent mounts.

Gold really isn't difficult to come by in this game. If you're into gardening, you can drown in gold if you have plants that drop a lot of auctionable snacks and treasure cards.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
I was level 10 before I got my membership, so I fished. And fished. And fished. Took my 4 days, and a friend gave me Treasure Cards to sell. 5 days in all, and I was the proud owner of a Proud Lion!
It may take some time, but it is worth it. You can't get everything in life by asking. ( Nor in the game)

I also farmed the bosses I was able to ( Harvest Lord, Rattlebones, Skullsplitter) and sold the items I got from there.
Hope this helps!

-Victoria

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I used the broom you can buy for gold for years! works just fine

Defender
May 29, 2013
So basically getting 50,000 gold is too much of an issue for you to get a Permanent Mount

Unless you get a bundle (aka spending real money) or you farm for it directly (FAR more tedious than getting the gold), stop complaining. Gold is VERY easy to get. There are great places to farm for gold

This is just lazy entitlement. Either pay up or farm. As annoying as it is to move about slowly without a mount, Begging for mounts is ludicrous as probably more players than not have one and more player than not DON'T use crowns on a regular.

We don't need beggars, because KI has made it plenty easy already

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
SoulMender007 on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
I got 3 permanent mounts from the skeleton key boss in Polaris in about 6 battles. Snow Ram, Fire Whirlwind and a White Stag. A lot of people go there trying to get permanent ice skates. There are other bosses that aren't so high level that also drop permanent mounts.

Gold really isn't difficult to come by in this game. If you're into gardening, you can drown in gold if you have plants that drop a lot of auctionable snacks and treasure cards.
Where is this boss in Polaris?

Er, asking for a friend.

(No I'm not. I'm asking for me. And anyone else who is reading.)

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I once fought a boss who dropped me a permanent mount. Can't remember who or where though.

The thing is, it is easy to get gold. Halfang drops loot worth about 1,000 gold for every minute that you spend farming him.