Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How hard is PvP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
I'm a Level 110 Death Wizard with no experience in PvP. I wanted to know how hard is it to learn the PvP meta and improve in it so I can rank up to Commander and get the Coat of Invincibility for stitching purposes.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
I am no expert but I'll say something. You're Death which means you will always be at a disadvantage compared to schools such as Fire, Ice, Balance and Life. That is over 50% of the schools you have a natural disadvantage against. This meta is literally so agressive; pierce is at an all time high which means if you miscalculate and don't shield for one round and you're 2nd. And the opponent is first and gets a shadow pip, for most schools that is almost half your health gone and maybe 3/4 if you're Storm (assuming opponent has pierce jewels and Malistaire gear). So my advice for you is to watch a lot of Prodigious ranked matches to get a feel as to the pace of the matches and also to learn strategies different players of different schools employ. Also I would advise you if you do choose to PvP with your max death to have full Malistaire gear or Krokopatra hat/Rattlebones' robe and Malistaire's shoes, Malistaire wand/hoard pack wand. Athame is a personal preference. Having those I believe is OBLIGATORY if you choose to do PvP as you'll quickly find your rank doing down without it.

Strategy wise I can't help because my death isn't max yet. Hopefully others will comment theirs.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Pvp at max level can be a challenge because you need all the right gear if you want to go to high ranks. Currently one of the most popular death strategies is jade-juju (Although this is hated by many players and matches can take hours). If your looking for other strategies I would look up some videos or check on this fansite: http://www.duelist101.com/ (Also death is currently mid tier in this meta so it may be a harder class to play as compared to ice, life, balance or fire.)