Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing in PvP should be banned!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 19, 2010
43
instead of banning healing why dont we just ban all PVP so then all your complaints would go away. the game is based around a storyline not pvp. and if ya dont like it then dont play, its that simple. you want a pvp game then go to wow or conquer or gates of anderon, gates and conquer are free. For those of us that play the story dont need your complaints changing the way we play our game.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
202
Phoenix2891 wrote:
instead of banning healing why dont we just ban all PVP so then all your complaints would go away. the game is based around a storyline not pvp. and if ya dont like it then dont play, its that simple. you want a pvp game then go to wow or conquer or gates of anderon, gates and conquer are free. For those of us that play the story dont need your complaints changing the way we play our game.


wish someone would tell KI that because it seems that all they do is cater to PvPers and kill the game for the storyline players

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
203
What's the old saying about not caring when they came after everyone else, now they've come for me and no one cares?

I've only been playing a short time, but what I've seen:

"Ice stuns too much, chain stunning is unfair"
"Wild bolt is too powerful, it needs to be changed"
"Balance is too powerful, we need a Dispell"

So? Why not eliminate healing in PvP, or cut healing by 50%, it's no worse than what has been done to other schools.

Rather than gutting schools to keep PvP happy, they should just go back to how it was and let it roll, if you can't win a PvP match, maybe it's YOU!

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
34
I am a life wizard, and i TOTALLY go against this idea. Us life wizards are ALREADY forgotten as it is, making no offense to anyone, but everyone says that our job is to HEAL. Personally, i would leave if they banned healing. Life people would have even LESS of a purpose then than they do now, according the other schools. i don't know wha brought you to this ridiculous and shameful idea, but i DON'T like it.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
43
af6at wrote:
So? Why not eliminate healing in PvP, or cut healing by 50%, it's no worse than what has been done to other schools.


I know your probably being sarcastic, so I mean no offence in this.
If they want to dumb down healing they need to look no further than there own spells. Doom and Gloom was created to cut healing by 50% already and if these kids can't see or understand that then they have no right to gripe and complain. All its going to do is ruin it for the rest of us that play the storyline (deja-vu....).
I hated when they changed wild bolt cause of these whiners, never knew about the ice stun thing, and balance getting a disspell seems normal enough cause all the other schools have one so really its only fair, and it helps alot when up against balance bosses. :)

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
3
ok i keep reading posts where people request that the strong points of various schools and asically make them useless. wanna what you would get if you succeed at gettin these things banned? a verry borring game. nuf said from me

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
1
Oh come on! No healing is a very silly idea. If you could not heal in pvp what would be the point in being life? All they would have is centaur and forest lord which compered to storm or fire is really low. Every school has its advantages and lifes is healing so if you take that away they would be useless I think healing is a very good idea for everyone not just life. Trust me I am a level 55 myth and I am always running into healers. I am always using satyr from my amulet and if I was allowed to heal then i would proboblylose most matches.

Overall to all those who dont like healing your just

Defender
May 17, 2009
144
Phoenix2891 wrote:
af6at wrote:
So? Why not eliminate healing in PvP, or cut healing by 50%, it's no worse than what has been done to other schools.


I know your probably being sarcastic, so I mean no offence in this.
If they want to dumb down healing they need to look no further than there own spells. Doom and Gloom was created to cut healing by 50% already and if these kids can't see or understand that then they have no right to gripe and complain. All its going to do is ruin it for the rest of us that play the storyline (deja-vu....).
I hated when they changed wild bolt cause of these whiners, never knew about the ice stun thing, and balance getting a disspell seems normal enough cause all the other schools have one so really its only fair, and it helps alot when up against balance bosses. :)


Well, just for the beginning of your post, I disagree. Just read the final paragraph of his post.
But, I totally agree with the rest of it. Wild bolt, unbalance is fine, ruining it has happened so much I know it isn't deja vu, it's deja deja deja... vu. I had a nightmare last night that KI nerfed every good thing about all the schools. I only PvP for fun, always say GG, don't complain about "She used so many shield treasure cards! She keeps getting critical! This should be banned! That should be banned! No spells except for mine should work!" and it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, become warlord or not, or who you face. This game was created to have fun, and if PvP ruins it for you because you lose and get really unhappy over every little thing then either quit PvP, learn strategy, or play the storyline and feel greatful that your school has good things you shouldn't complain about and if you really hate other people using it against you, try to make a character of that school, and notice that it isn't as easy as it seems. When KI gave in to the complainers about Wild bolt, before the complainers did that they should've made a storm and noticed it is still hard for storm in PvP, with or without Wild bolt, and maybe they would've considered not complaining after all.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
121
The future if you ban Healing:

Ban healing? I know! Ban shields too! Ban attacking as well! Wait, just ban PvP! Yeah!

Oh great, I fought a boss. Wait. why is he healing him and not me! It's not fair! Ban healing in combat too! In fact, ban this whole game! That should teach them a lesson.

You see? Bad future? This will probably make the game terrible. This complaint is even worse that the one about Judgement.

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
To ban healing in pvp? what the heck? if you ban healing you should just ban having decks while your at it. You can tell KI has been trying to even life with the rest of the schools by giving them not only heals but that very powerful forest lord.

Scot Soulhammer-legendary pyromancer

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1706
mpork wrote:
In PvP there is allot of people who just heal and keep healing and healing and it is annoying to have to be close to killing someone and then they heal and then they win mostly. I am also trying to be a warlord and i can't do that because i always lose because of healers. I am a veteran and i keep winning and then being down ranked by healers and it is annoying. Hopefully healing could be banned for life wizards because when you are so close to winning the life wizards ALWAYS heal. :?


If you don't attack them, they won't have to heal. Therefore, to prevent healing, just quit the match when you see healers...no healing is then done.

Honestly, this should have been posted on April Fools Day. Please tell me it is a joke. Please.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
90
Healing shouldn't be bannned. Life wizards wouldn't have a chance of winning. Healing is what life is all about, I'm a life and it would be disrespectful if KI banned it from the arena.

~Destiny LifeBlossom Life level 48~

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Phoenix2891 wrote:
instead of banning healing why dont we just ban all PVP so then all your complaints would go away. the game is based around a storyline not pvp. and if ya dont like it then dont play, its that simple. you want a pvp game then go to wow or conquer or gates of anderon, gates and conquer are free. For those of us that play the story dont need your complaints changing the way we play our game.


This post, as ridiculous as it is, is about pvp! You clicked on the pvp forum button to do what exactly?* Points to the door* ki will never ban healing, lol so I don't see much point to your rant. Relax, having many aspects to the game makes it more versatile and appeals to a broder group of people, including myself, that enjoy it so try to breathe k. Peace

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Ok I think everyone has made their point! Maybe the original poster just needs a few tips to combat or reduce his opponents healing. Obviously from the nature of this thread his knowledge of pvp comes into question and he could use a little help so put down the wands guys lol!
1)the tree outside the death school sells the infection spell, this reduces your opponents heal by 50%! that spell is a must have in pvp, try loading at least four in you main deck. A treasure card version can be bought at the bazaar now also so a few in your side deck doesn't hurt
2)entangle is a life dispel sold by Mildred farseer, a secret trainer in colossus blvd. Once casted your opponent(if not life) can not heal. Watch out for life wands. The addition of spritely has made this more difficult to pull off but still a good strategy.
3) ensure your deck, no matter what school you are has sufficient heals in it (very important) buy life spells with training points up to satyr.
4) keep practicing and don't get discouraged. See what works for you, change what doesn't. A little luck always helps too :-)

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
56
i think YOU should be banned, i am tired of people who cry over healing or say it should not be allowed. it is PART OF THE GAME! get over it!!

that is just 1 of the many reasons i do not pvp

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
12
Sonickillerblade wrote:
Yes thank you some one really agrees with me! :D I mean i hardly heal i use a fairy once and a while but you dont really always have to heal I mean i am about to kill a ice 50 but he just has to heal! what i healed like two times and thats it
Then what's the point of life.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
160
mpork wrote:
In PvP there is allot of people who just heal and keep healing and healing and it is annoying to have to be close to killing someone and then they heal and then they win mostly. I am also trying to be a warlord and i can't do that because i always lose because of healers. I am a veteran and i keep winning and then being down ranked by healers and it is annoying. Hopefully healing could be banned for life wizards because when you are so close to winning the life wizards ALWAYS heal. :?


So your saying you never want to use Pixie, which to most schools is a VERY VALUABLE card if your 2nd-3rd school isn't Life?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
9
mpork wrote:
In PvP there is allot of people who just heal and keep healing and healing and it is annoying to have to be close to killing someone and then they heal and then they win mostly. I am also trying to be a warlord and i can't do that because i always lose because of healers. I am a veteran and i keep winning and then being down ranked by healers and it is annoying. Hopefully healing could be banned for life wizards because when you are so close to winning the life wizards ALWAYS heal. :?
Sometimes I think healing makes PvP more fun because I think lower levels have a smaller deck they cant do allot after they used all of their attacks to lower the opponents health. This is why higher level win allot easier, but sometimes it just makes it more fun. But i think you should just have fun in PvP, if you need help ask a high rnk friend like I did, and now my death is level 30 and warlord. I hope i directed you in the right place :D

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
20
yea, i have one question for you. why are you complaining about an OPTOINAL part of the game? i mean, come on. if you dont like what happens in PVP, then just stop. i have a legend, and 3 grandmasters, and i have never done pvp in them. well, maybe a little bit, but i never really cared about leveling up in pvp, because it really has no use in questing. again, if you dont like it, just dont do it. that is all.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
19
It would be incredebly stupid to ban healing from PvP. Its a life's job to heal, getting rid of it would just make life's usless. They barely have any attack spells that arent very strong.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
58
LOL... is this a joke? Please tell me it is. D:

I mean, healing is the ONLY way for life to win. Pffffft... Life wizards are as weak as ice wizards (maybe their attacks are just a little stronger), so they have weak attacks. Over half their current spells are heals. This won't happen. ;_;

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
So you mean your making 55% of all people who play pvp leave. Most of the people who like PVP now is Ice and Life. They have good attacks, and life with heal. Oh wait, YOU GOT HEALING BANNED! Stop complaining and deal with it!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
40
mpork wrote:
In PvP there is allot of people who just heal and keep healing and healing and it is annoying to have to be close to killing someone and then they heal and then they win mostly. I am also trying to be a warlord and i can't do that because i always lose because of healers. I am a veteran and i keep winning and then being down ranked by healers and it is annoying. Hopefully healing could be banned for life wizards because when you are so close to winning the life wizards ALWAYS heal. :?
first of all if healing was banned, life school wouldn't exist and half of lifes spells are healing so just deal with it. KI aren't going to ban life wizards doing healing anywhere OR in PvP so quit your whining
~James Iceheart Legendary Pyromancer PvP Supreme Overlord (rank is 9999)

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
48
After reading this post, I have had to redefine my definition of 'noob'. That may have been the saddest thing I have ever read, someone that not only knows absolutely nothing about PvP, but then because their strategy sucks and they don't want to change it, they go try to get healing banned. I have never read anything as horrifying as this. I won't even bother pointing out all the things wrong with that, I would be typing all day.

Explorer
May 06, 2010
62
Mario7709's little brother says: It shouldnt be banned because if its banned and you are LIFE ! it's useless to be life and no one would accept being a life wizard

Andrew Wildstalker lvl 32 ( fire )