Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guardian Spirit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I personally don't think that spell should be used in PvP I really think it is unfair. I think as soon as a player is defeated that should be final. I defeated a life wizard 3 times in a row but she kept using that spell.. Then I ended up getting the loss. I don't think I deserved the loss. Can this be considered?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
SydniPF on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I personally don't think that spell should be used in PvP I really think it is unfair. I think as soon as a player is defeated that should be final. I defeated a life wizard 3 times in a row but she kept using that spell.. Then I ended up getting the loss. I don't think I deserved the loss. Can this be considered?
We should also get rid of heals, so OP you can get back health.

Historian
May 15, 2009
I think guardian spirit is fine as it is. the way I see it, that is a saving grace for all higher leveled life wizards. they don't get any real attack cards, most of them are much weaker than the other schools by a fair amount so they need something to fall back on to keep the battle going until they can seize an opportunity to attack and finish you off

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
Robobot1747 on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
We should also get rid of heals, so OP you can get back health.
Sorry, but this is the most ridiculous post I've read. KI would never get rid of heals in PvP, think of all the unhappy life wizards you'd have. I love guardian spirit it's a life savor, I hope KI keeps the game just the same.

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
scarletmoonstone14... on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, but this is the most ridiculous post I've read. KI would never get rid of heals in PvP, think of all the unhappy life wizards you'd have. I love guardian spirit it's a life savor, I hope KI keeps the game just the same.

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41
I think he was being sarcastic.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Sigh this again. Here's an idea lets remove all the other schools heal spells.
And while we are at it let's remove all healing related treasure cards yeah
That should be a fair exchange then we life wizards might be okay with removing GS

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
It's not that hard to deal with, actually. It's all a matter of being patient and timing your spells right, such as Entangles and Dooms, while trying to set up a powerful OHKO. Good luck!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Guardian spirit should be removed from pvp. The only people on here complaining it should stay are life wizards. Of course you want to keep it, it gives you an unfair advantage. I killed a life wizard 5 times and he finally got lucky and critical-ed and killed me. An hour wasted. He just kept casting that darn spell and coming back with 3000 hp and 4000 when he hit a critical. It's unfair, I have fallen to life before with out them using that spell, their damage can get quite high, so it's not like they're so helpless without it. They can just keep using it while they tear the other player and their deck down or until we run out of reshuffles or get so fed up that we flee. Guardian spirit is pretty much a card that life can spam to ensure their victory. That isn't fair. I could deal with them being able to use it once but to be able to use it continuously is just ridiculous. I defeat him five times and die once and he takes the win? You life players can say what you want but put yourself in our shoes. You would be complaining too if the shoe was on the other foot but you only care about how it positively effects you rather than the unfair advantage it gives and unfair victories. If you win you should earn it.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
joyjoy89 on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
Guardian spirit should be removed from pvp. The only people on here complaining it should stay are life wizards. Of course you want to keep it, it gives you an unfair advantage. I killed a life wizard 5 times and he finally got lucky and critical-ed and killed me. An hour wasted. He just kept casting that darn spell and coming back with 3000 hp and 4000 when he hit a critical. It's unfair, I have fallen to life before with out them using that spell, their damage can get quite high, so it's not like they're so helpless without it. They can just keep using it while they tear the other player and their deck down or until we run out of reshuffles or get so fed up that we flee. Guardian spirit is pretty much a card that life can spam to ensure their victory. That isn't fair. I could deal with them being able to use it once but to be able to use it continuously is just ridiculous. I defeat him five times and die once and he takes the win? You life players can say what you want but put yourself in our shoes. You would be complaining too if the shoe was on the other foot but you only care about how it positively effects you rather than the unfair advantage it gives and unfair victories. If you win you should earn it.
If I recall correctly. Life Wizards do earn the spell. It's one of the school ones that forces you to go through a solo quest to get it. Like everything in the arena(and I do mean everything), it has a counter. Everything in the arena people complain about have counters. Sure some of said counters are a bit annoying to pull off but that's why people stick with certain scenarios. Now it's not so gamebreaking that it will be removed. In fact(if I'm right), there's only been one or two spells actually removed because of overpoweredness.

In terms of arguments. Both sides look at only one aspect. The ones for it will look at the positives and never the negatives. The ones against it won't look at the positives and instead look at the negatives. This is true in most cases and only a few personality types will look at both sides. You are partially in the right. The spell is strong in the fact that it can be reshuffled in and re-used. However lets take a quick look here. 4 turns minimum to wait for reshuffle and 3-5 turns for the spirit which, ignoring buffs and gear stats, will heal for 30% on critical. This shouldn't be that much to deal with but I recognize gear stats will give it a hefty boost.

Now you say you knocked them out five times? Color me impressed. But there are ways to get around the Guardian Spirit. What would they be? Heck if I know I haven't stepped in the arena long enough to figure them out but many of the other veterans of PVP on this forum will probably be more than happy to help you figure out ways around it even if it means using TC. Good luck joy!