Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire and Ice PvP Nerf

2
AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
121
Barbie934m on Jun 9, 2020 wrote:
If tc is remove i will be okay with weaver shield going down to 55 otherwise it has to only be nerfed to -60 shield if tc is allowed.

And Efreet kinda helps fire from getting one shouted i will be okay if it goes to -60 without tc with tc it should only be nerfed to -70.

It will be yours choices not mine.

I think tc ruins rank pvp to be 100%

Samatha Max wizard always be friendly to others players including in Rank pvp.
What if Abominable stayed 75% but couldnt be stacked with other shields? that could work better? Also with Efreet a 60-70% weaknesss is still way too overpowered. Efreet does way too much damage and 60% to 70% is still basically a cancel on a hit. 50% would be way more reasonable based on what fire already has.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
121
Barbie934m on Jun 19, 2020 wrote:
right now for me my top list.

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
7th:

That is for my Samantha Max wizard.

Saying I don't have any facts when I do because I play in rank pvp as a Max Wizard.

I judge by how tc helps the warlords maybe that should be nerfed if weaver shields go to -60 so should the tc tower shields.

I think the tc blades at the libary should only cost 200 gold max 1,000 is a little to much gold to buy a tc blade for you can buy 2 tc tower shields that cost less then tc blades and the balance blade should only cost 500 gold at the libary egqual to the tc twoer shield or less then the tc tower shield.

I don't like people that brag that they have 6 Warlords I don't really care if you had 1 millions Warlords.

I don't think I should be playing against Warlords when I'm a pirvate maybe veteran but not Warlords that is a little unfair when they are max and i'm a max and a private and fighting a warlord that a max with the Warlord badge already.

I seen more unfair matches in rank pvp and I don't count 20 of my loses because I got disconnected from Wifi so those 20 losing streaks 5 of them I was winning and then I lose when my Wifi goes down.

and 1 of those 20 lost I beat a Warlord and he was already dead then game froze for a minute and the Warlord won by a Ddose because I use a TC Weaver to win and he had to cheat to change it for himself so he would win and not lose.

To me I only lost 15 matches the others 5 I won but got cheated the winnings tickets.

Samatha Max be family friendly
Im sry but you kinda lost a lot of credibility when you put ice as 7th tier.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
260
angellifeheart on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
This is totally uncalled for, and proves my point on the moderators jurisdiction to nullify my post vs others who used this as an argument. All my pvp post are base on a collective analysis of certain outcomes in situations that needs to be voiced. If I shall stand alone in this debate then I shall, we are all entitle to our opinions are we not?
Oh dw I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the person who wanted tc blades removed because they kept losing to people who used them

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
wakaflame201 on Jun 19, 2020 wrote:
Im sry but you kinda lost a lot of credibility when you put ice as 7th tier.
That only for my max wizard because no one really helps me and I get bully in Wizard101 100% of the time.

I'm not really good at playing as a Ice wizard to be honest and everyone treating me badly just being rude 100% time so I can't say gg 95% of the time.

I might say gg 5% of the time only if it a fair match otherwise I can't bring myself to it.

I need Commander robe that why I keep doing Rank pvp right now that the only thing that keeps me driving if 5th age rank pvp retires commander robe for girls with those Wings Rank pvp won't be worth my time and I will quit playing Wizard101.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
57
wakaflame201 on Jun 19, 2020 wrote:
What if Abominable stayed 75% but couldnt be stacked with other shields? that could work better? Also with Efreet a 60-70% weaknesss is still way too overpowered. Efreet does way too much damage and 60% to 70% is still basically a cancel on a hit. 50% would be way more reasonable based on what fire already has.
No there shouldnt any special shields just for a certain spell. Just lower weaver shield and maybe take a bit of damage off the spell.

If efreet goes down to -50 I dont think that's hard enough for fire. It should be at least -40 or -35 because they still wont feel that threatened by someone with a -50 and use a cheating ffa.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
2
angellifeheart on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
Another senseless statement base on no valid facts. I've already declared what i want to see in 5th age pvp and that's the opportunity of and competing for the number one spot while stay below top 3. Its called a power shift in the meta of schools.
You say that you’re calling for a meta shift so that storm, death, myth, and life can compete for a top 3 seat. Hate to break it to you but myth is actually pretty high on the current max tier pvp list (arguable 3rd place) with decent shadow hits, double hitting hits, and overtime’s (as well as helpful minions), and chain stunning at max pvp. Also, back to your point, the whole meta doesn’t need to shift to those schools it’s all about promoting a balance. Is it not?

People are still gonna make wards (if you don’t think so, you don’t know wiz). Death doesn’t need a major boost (they’re decent), neither does storm (they can opt for a higher health set up check awesome the sauces videos while maintaining decent damage and critical). However, what does need a boost is life with wings of fate (not that good of a spell) and the life scion spell.

Back to this post, I believe what should happen is you nerf efreet to a minus 55% weakness and lower the damage slightly that way it’s still usable for fire wizards but less match ending (in shrike of course).

Regarding your other suggestions: balefrost doesn’t need to be nerfed or else you nerf all bubbles. And secondly, Abom can be nerfed to 900 base damage and a -60% weakness that way ice still has some viability from a hit and not as much shielding capability.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
830
hobokin on Jun 25, 2020 wrote:
You say that you’re calling for a meta shift so that storm, death, myth, and life can compete for a top 3 seat. Hate to break it to you but myth is actually pretty high on the current max tier pvp list (arguable 3rd place) with decent shadow hits, double hitting hits, and overtime’s (as well as helpful minions), and chain stunning at max pvp. Also, back to your point, the whole meta doesn’t need to shift to those schools it’s all about promoting a balance. Is it not?

People are still gonna make wards (if you don’t think so, you don’t know wiz). Death doesn’t need a major boost (they’re decent), neither does storm (they can opt for a higher health set up check awesome the sauces videos while maintaining decent damage and critical). However, what does need a boost is life with wings of fate (not that good of a spell) and the life scion spell.

Back to this post, I believe what should happen is you nerf efreet to a minus 55% weakness and lower the damage slightly that way it’s still usable for fire wizards but less match ending (in shrike of course).

Regarding your other suggestions: balefrost doesn’t need to be nerfed or else you nerf all bubbles. And secondly, Abom can be nerfed to 900 base damage and a -60% weakness that way ice still has some viability from a hit and not as much shielding capability.
The argument behind the concept of "balance", is not to destroy schools identity per say, but to remind us why where the top underdogs of pvp for 5 straight years.

Giving the current scenario you must understand that all school got indirectly buffed the minute dragoon boots got out, some schools even more so with scions like myth, death and fire.

Efreet should be nerf to the point that it no longer becomes a offensive defensive spell. It shouldn't be on an offensive school, which is the same reason why this situation applies to ice. An abominable weaver backed up by storm damage is oppressive and am not sure in what world you live in but this is why ice is dominant in pvp.

Having access to tanky resist and mass damage is a no no. Then being able to shrike which I hope it get bans soon for the sake of max pvp puts ice in a position that the health back lash is merely incomparable to the damage their being able to dish out. Ice should be in the same position of life in the damage department per say. Bubble damage reduce by 15% and pip cost increase by 1 to make it 3.

If we go back to a repeated era where Ice, Fire and Balance dominates pvp because of the spells they have rather than how its played then pvp is by no means fixed and all nerfs should be reverted.

I've already give my 2 scent on both life spells and in all honesty I don't think am bothered by their current state. Life and Storm just need access to a 2-5 pip dot like frost bite. Keeping shields off the opponent seems to be the big trend right now in pvp with double hits, dot and mc shatter. All schools need to have access to some form of 2-5 pip dot. Spiny cost 10 pips and its just a complete waste in a scenario where you need pips to heal.

2