Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Kingsisle Pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
I think that Kingsisle can really understand pvp what more to fix if they themselves actually pvp, so I am wondering: Do Kingsisle Employees Pvp?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Morez174 on Sep 8, 2019 wrote:
I think that Kingsisle can really understand pvp what more to fix if they themselves actually pvp, so I am wondering: Do Kingsisle Employees Pvp?
I've been kinda wanting to ask that myself, but that would clearly be an understatement is what i would have said 5 yrs ago. The fact that there are so many controversial points and key elements within each branches of school tiers that affects performance in pvp such show's how little of value pvp as a whole is in relation to k i. Personal note i didn't waste time with the beast moon even't because that is just not my concept of pvp its a nice event but its not for me. I am more on the profound of actual pvp coming with your best with non-pay to win gears

The biggest obstacle to addressing PvP is defining a slate of changes that all players can agree on. Clearly, when we set out to address PvP, we will have to make some decisions about what changes to make. Our goal is a healthy PvP environment with a growing player base. We will probably make some changes that some players don't like. Our hope is that those changes bring more players back.

The Beastmoon Hunt is a place for us to try new concepts without changing the current PvP environment-- which, while it has its problems, is still entertaining a lot of PvP players. The Beastmoon Hunt is also attracting new players who are not interested in the current PvP environment.

If you are a PvP player and you want to see the kinds of things we are experimenting with-- and especially if you want to join a conversation about it-- then it's worth checking out the Beastmoon Hunt.

To answer the OP: Yes, our senior designers (and even some programmers) PvP. Even so, as any designer can tell you, it is difficult for designers to have as much play experience as the sum total of all players-- so by all means, please continue to provide us with quality feedback.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 17, 2019 wrote:
The biggest obstacle to addressing PvP is defining a slate of changes that all players can agree on. Clearly, when we set out to address PvP, we will have to make some decisions about what changes to make. Our goal is a healthy PvP environment with a growing player base. We will probably make some changes that some players don't like. Our hope is that those changes bring more players back.

The Beastmoon Hunt is a place for us to try new concepts without changing the current PvP environment-- which, while it has its problems, is still entertaining a lot of PvP players. The Beastmoon Hunt is also attracting new players who are not interested in the current PvP environment.

If you are a PvP player and you want to see the kinds of things we are experimenting with-- and especially if you want to join a conversation about it-- then it's worth checking out the Beastmoon Hunt.

To answer the OP: Yes, our senior designers (and even some programmers) PvP. Even so, as any designer can tell you, it is difficult for designers to have as much play experience as the sum total of all players-- so by all means, please continue to provide us with quality feedback.
Speaking of beastmoon hunt mechanics and their potential impact on a pvp revamp. I wrote an article on this topic: https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-analysis/mechanics-of-the-beastmoon-hunt-and-their-impact/

I would love your thoughts on it.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017

Thank you for answering

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010

Ratbeard,

I ask that these "changes" you and the team plan on implementing be communicated to us before they are finalised (go in the live realm) and our feedback is taken into consideration before any plans happens to move these "changes" forward.

A majority of PvPer's at the moment feel vastly ignored.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018

Well am glad you made that clear and your point is very understandable. So i have a simple proposal to make just a small suggestion towards any of your pvp counterparts. Go in a practice match as a max ice 130 with the best possible gear u can find vs Storm and see the major difference between those schools in health, damage, and damage overtime utilities and then check back with me and tell me it if that's fair. I'm pretty sure spell designs should be considered relatively balance between pve and pvp.

Administrator
Star Edward on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
Ratbeard,

I ask that these "changes" you and the team plan on implementing be communicated to us before they are finalised (go in the live realm) and our feedback is taken into consideration before any plans happens to move these "changes" forward.

Our apologies if any updates feel sudden. We will do what we can to involve the community in critical periods of change of course, including providing those changes up on Test Realm.

Some updates need to be made by us on our production schedule and understanding of how the systems work internally though.Your continued feedback here is just as important because even when the community is involved sometimes those changes still don't work as intended, or simply need further adjustments.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Star Edward on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
Ratbeard,

Take my charm