Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death needs a buff in pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
121
Death right now are extremely outclassed in arena not having as much tools as their peers while also these same peers could use death's own utility spells (self damage) better than them. I would like to suggest a revamp to spells like Bad juju (removing weakness) and Sacrifice, empower, dark pact (not taking away death blades). Honorary mentions Lord of night, winged sorrow, winged fate, Sacred charge and animate.

Also noted why is the Death damage wand for sinbad removed? After some got it? It was clearly replace with myth damage but why is fair that some have it and not others? You guys should either revert the ones owned to myth or make it accessible to everyone. Or you can make a brand new wand that tends to life and death because its not fair that these schools have to be black sheep. Even myth was include which myth is in the same category of spirit like death life.

Guys please let me you what you think.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
830
wakaflame201 on Jun 6, 2020 wrote:
Death right now are extremely outclassed in arena not having as much tools as their peers while also these same peers could use death's own utility spells (self damage) better than them. I would like to suggest a revamp to spells like Bad juju (removing weakness) and Sacrifice, empower, dark pact (not taking away death blades). Honorary mentions Lord of night, winged sorrow, winged fate, Sacred charge and animate.

Also noted why is the Death damage wand for sinbad removed? After some got it? It was clearly replace with myth damage but why is fair that some have it and not others? You guys should either revert the ones owned to myth or make it accessible to everyone. Or you can make a brand new wand that tends to life and death because its not fair that these schools have to be black sheep. Even myth was include which myth is in the same category of spirit like death life.

Guys please let me you what you think.
Please tell me your joking? Death is like at the highest pinnacle point since Dark Moor era and let me tell you that's no joke. The stats on the new gears have pushed death to a point of well balanced and nearly broken and ill explain why. Death is the only school in the game that actually hard counters another school namely the life school. With the nears gears set up these are the following stats you can attain as death:
8281
136 death damage Krok- Hat
60% universal resist Brigade armor
25% death accuracy Dragoon boots
40%+ critical Dragoon Athame
294 block Death Dragoon Amulet
31 armor piercing Duelist Dear-devil ring 100
95% pip chance. Rasputin or Paradox deck
7% shadow chance Kapuddan boarding hook.

Triple double max stat pet.

Now my life shares similar stats to this, but here is where death gets the advantage. Death can now with tanky stats and high health blade stack to oblivion when timed with a brace on. Usually any pro pvp player would cloak a stun block or set shield at the beginning of the round i normally do from side tc. Then follow with brace and start to blade stack from there using different version of blades. This can be easily done with a enchanted armament pet or any pet with an item blade, you can also use tc death blade in the mix. Having as much as 3-4 blades with a shrike creates somewhat of a pressured environment to any school except ice. Don't forget shift green oak for an extra damage utility blade and the ability to take off tower shields and leave a weakness. Life suffers greatly in this meta. Play around scion and get use to using spells like dr von monster for recovery approach. The only hard counter to this strategy is enfeeble type utility spells. Death is in a good spot next to fire, ice and myth right now. Best of luck!

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
62
death is probably the most primary example of balanced just need a good strategy

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
830
xTsuin on Jun 12, 2020 wrote:
death is probably the most primary example of balanced just need a good strategy
Exactly, that's any buff to this school would literally put it in the same category as fire giving the situation in this current meta.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
121
angellifeheart on Jun 8, 2020 wrote:
Please tell me your joking? Death is like at the highest pinnacle point since Dark Moor era and let me tell you that's no joke. The stats on the new gears have pushed death to a point of well balanced and nearly broken and ill explain why. Death is the only school in the game that actually hard counters another school namely the life school. With the nears gears set up these are the following stats you can attain as death:
8281
136 death damage Krok- Hat
60% universal resist Brigade armor
25% death accuracy Dragoon boots
40%+ critical Dragoon Athame
294 block Death Dragoon Amulet
31 armor piercing Duelist Dear-devil ring 100
95% pip chance. Rasputin or Paradox deck
7% shadow chance Kapuddan boarding hook.

Triple double max stat pet.

Now my life shares similar stats to this, but here is where death gets the advantage. Death can now with tanky stats and high health blade stack to oblivion when timed with a brace on. Usually any pro pvp player would cloak a stun block or set shield at the beginning of the round i normally do from side tc. Then follow with brace and start to blade stack from there using different version of blades. This can be easily done with a enchanted armament pet or any pet with an item blade, you can also use tc death blade in the mix. Having as much as 3-4 blades with a shrike creates somewhat of a pressured environment to any school except ice. Don't forget shift green oak for an extra damage utility blade and the ability to take off tower shields and leave a weakness. Life suffers greatly in this meta. Play around scion and get use to using spells like dr von monster for recovery approach. The only hard counter to this strategy is enfeeble type utility spells. Death is in a good spot next to fire, ice and myth right now. Best of luck!
Based off your response i can tell you have never played death. Death is literally the most coordinated school in pvp. Any school can blade and shrike into a moon shift but death literally has no options but to use this.strategy because they have nothing outside. I admit deaths stats are balanced but their spells are lack luster. Also lifes are actually doing better than death this meta because of school match ups. Yes death does counter life because of doom but when matched up against other schools they are horrible.

I disagree death in terms of pvp are no where near ice, fire or myth.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
121
xTsuin on Jun 12, 2020 wrote:
death is probably the most primary example of balanced just need a good strategy
in terms of stats its balanced but when it comes to spell set, it fells short because they can't use their own utility spells effectively and they have no damages bubble or spell effects.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
830
wakaflame201 on Jun 14, 2020 wrote:
Based off your response i can tell you have never played death. Death is literally the most coordinated school in pvp. Any school can blade and shrike into a moon shift but death literally has no options but to use this.strategy because they have nothing outside. I admit deaths stats are balanced but their spells are lack luster. Also lifes are actually doing better than death this meta because of school match ups. Yes death does counter life because of doom but when matched up against other schools they are horrible.

I disagree death in terms of pvp are no where near ice, fire or myth.
Just an update to spell viability. Life cannot use shift green oak, but every other school can with stacked blades. Death can bypass absorbs, decrease life healing immensely has a 2 pip bubble that counters life 3 pip sanctuary.
Gets to have a DAMAGE scion and yet life has to suffer more because? and here you are telling me i never played death lol. You wanna know coordination? trying to save pips to heal and hit at the same time, a horrible idea to whoever thought that was a good concept. If you play death correctly using shields dispels mantles even as quoted to me once "if its in the game why not" all things are usuable do not limit yourself. You also get a free pip giving spells meanwhile others have to wait, take advantage of that.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
121
angellifeheart on Jun 15, 2020 wrote:
Just an update to spell viability. Life cannot use shift green oak, but every other school can with stacked blades. Death can bypass absorbs, decrease life healing immensely has a 2 pip bubble that counters life 3 pip sanctuary.
Gets to have a DAMAGE scion and yet life has to suffer more because? and here you are telling me i never played death lol. You wanna know coordination? trying to save pips to heal and hit at the same time, a horrible idea to whoever thought that was a good concept. If you play death correctly using shields dispels mantles even as quoted to me once "if its in the game why not" all things are usuable do not limit yourself. You also get a free pip giving spells meanwhile others have to wait, take advantage of that.
Life also had a game play where they dont need to stack blades unlike death.Both attacking 25- to the next hit which works against every school. Bypassing absorbs is only effective again life just like a lot of death utility which is why lifes are better match ups against other schools. Sanct is pips but again its not as useless as doom in doom against other schools and it actually boosts your stats and can be used.

True death gets a damage scion but if you read the post i did include that in my post but you're overlooking that. Also death scion also depends solely on your opponent nearly killing you. Which gives you almost no control of when you can use it.

You do realize drains are literally weak right? it doesnt get full heal or full damage from enchant. Draining in pve is noticeably different in max pvp.

I highly disagree with your statement. Also these things are accessible to everyone not just death. Also the same " free pip spell" that other schools can use more effectively than death? Death can blade while using it and it does more death to death than any other school. How is this advantage?

You're coming of a little dismissive and subjective to the most point and focus of the post.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
830
wakaflame201 on Jun 19, 2020 wrote:
Life also had a game play where they dont need to stack blades unlike death.Both attacking 25- to the next hit which works against every school. Bypassing absorbs is only effective again life just like a lot of death utility which is why lifes are better match ups against other schools. Sanct is pips but again its not as useless as doom in doom against other schools and it actually boosts your stats and can be used.

True death gets a damage scion but if you read the post i did include that in my post but you're overlooking that. Also death scion also depends solely on your opponent nearly killing you. Which gives you almost no control of when you can use it.

You do realize drains are literally weak right? it doesnt get full heal or full damage from enchant. Draining in pve is noticeably different in max pvp.

I highly disagree with your statement. Also these things are accessible to everyone not just death. Also the same " free pip spell" that other schools can use more effectively than death? Death can blade while using it and it does more death to death than any other school. How is this advantage?

You're coming of a little dismissive and subjective to the most point and focus of the post.
I wasn't being dismissive about the subjective because i clearly stated death is in a balance state atm. Wit the upcoming changes to shadow and certain nerfs to other spells death is gonna stand out in fifth age pvp. Also a futher note on why i feel that spells like sacrifice, empower and dark pact should stay the same is giving the fact that 1: Although not fully enchanted death drains are still reliable and was already explained years ago as to why it was necessary to be the way it is now. Your getting Hp back for doing damage.
2. Despite empower being rarely use in pvp, I've seen moments were some death players use this in clutch moments for a reliable advantage after already dishing out a big hit.
3. Bade stacking as death is quite the norm and the only counter to said strategy is enfeeble and quite frankly that also getting supposedly nerf which am probably gonna post on the new post.
With now having access to high health and tanky resist i can't imagine how pvp is gonna be like in fifth age. What your trying to push is the bar on limitation that's needed to ensure death remains balanced.
If shrike is gonna get nerf Dot is gonna be the main source to deal with shield spamming.

When it comes down to having multiple stacked weakness a shift green oak becomes very useful bone dragon or poison with virulence mc. You should watch some sauce videos on his death pvp game he makes it work in scenarios you wouldn't expect was possible.