Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical and Blocking in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
1
I just have one thing to say ,is that how does people hit critical on me when I have 459 or somewhere close block and their critical is 159 or something? Also how come i can't hit critical on them when my critical is 399 and their block is only 79 or somewhere near it?

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
101
Your sentence is a little unclear and hard to understand but I get it.
Your critical will work but the person has a high critical block chance so most of the times it is a failure to get past the person's critical block.
Either way it just my be conviction people use on the, to block critical a or so?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2012
42
Rockpapershotgun on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
Your sentence is a little unclear and hard to understand but I get it.
Your critical will work but the person has a high critical block chance so most of the times it is a failure to get past the person's critical block.
Either way it just my be conviction people use on the, to block critical a or so?
That's not it works Sir, The last update Kingsisle made are the changes to the critical and block system. It all works differently now. For example he was saying he couldn't get a critical through, but now the system has a chance of even going critical. So lets say he has a 46% to critical the system will roll like a dice and see if he ill critical. Same for the defending play. It doesn't matter how much you have it's all by the chance of your percentages.

-"I Never Dream About Success, I Worked For It."

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
46
Don't know if this is true, but it critical and block goes down as you level up. That means their percentage is high enough (if their level 50 or so) to block and crit on you. If they're exalted or prodigious, which is unlikely, they must have really good luck.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2012
42
YaManTeka on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
Don't know if this is true, but it critical and block goes down as you level up. That means their percentage is high enough (if their level 50 or so) to block and crit on you. If they're exalted or prodigious, which is unlikely, they must have really good luck.
Yes, I am aware of this but I was stating how them system works now, as I explained in my last response, but even at the level 50 under any circumstance the percentage could still be high, but this still means that there is a chance they could get a critical hit through.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
72
Blaze StarBloom on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I am aware of this but I was stating how them system works now, as I explained in my last response, but even at the level 50 under any circumstance the percentage could still be high, but this still means that there is a chance they could get a critical hit through.
yes this is very true which is why pvp is soooo dangerous when at this point anything can happen from left and right.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
36
I would like to see Duelist101 make a guide to the new Critical and Critical Block system. Although this would be tricky due to the level of complexity, I hope it still can be done. It would be very helpful for us players that would like to modify our setups to balance our critical and critical block rating.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
24
It's because Kingsisle thought they were balancing the game by making the worst system I could of imagined. The new system is terrible, and it ruins grand and legend PvP. They should either make this new, awful system for 100 - 110, revort to the old system, or make no critical in PvP