Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chain Stunning

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Honestly, the stun block spell wont stop pvp players from chaining. I was doing a 4v4 and they had 1 myth 1 fire and 2 storms. The only spells that the Myth and Fire had were stuns. The storms just picked us off. We were stunned the whole 5 minute match and it just takes the fun out of the arena. So KingsIsle, could you find a way to stop Chain Stunning?

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
chakrafairey wrote:
Honestly, the stun block spell wont stop pvp players from chaining. I was doing a 4v4 and they had 1 myth 1 fire and 2 storms. The only spells that the Myth and Fire had were stuns. The storms just picked us off. We were stunned the whole 5 minute match and it just takes the fun out of the arena. So KingsIsle, could you find a way to stop Chain Stunning?

Where in the Wacky World of Gummy Firecats are these chain stunners I keep reading about?

Are they staying away from me? Are they hidden somewhere?

The point is... I haven't really seen any chaining going on.

Are you sure it's really a problem?

Sounds more like bad luck to me.

Peace out peeps!
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 45 Balance/Ice

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
Ah I hate chain stunners, I mean is it really winning if they only reason you won is because you literally couldn't do ANYTHING the entire game? And I don't do arena to sit there and get stunned every round... I do it to play.

On that note, I agree. Stunning is okay, but chain stunning is just down right not fun.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
i think chaining is a real problem also. even though i have not played many PvP games i have seen many teams involve Myth Storm and Fire. i mean A LOT if you see this combo it could mean ur gonna get chain-stunned. but im not saying it does entirely

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I guess chain stunning is a problem to 4v4 in the arena :( i 4v4 with my friends and when i got these grandmasters with gear i knew it was a problem to us all. The first round was when it all started the myth and fire kept stunning so i got mad and called them noob and scaredy cats and then i got reported i was so angry . PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

Survivor
Oct 14, 2009
well if you have the cards whats wrong with using them? if you dont like it then dont do 4v4 its that easy so if you can do something about it dont complain

Survivor
May 21, 2010
I have found a system to stop chain stunning KINGSISLE PLZ READ THIS!
my system works like this: take away seperate stun spells such as choke blinding light ect. as for stormlord and icegiant instead of just giving one stun shield it gives two.also just like absorb shields make earthquake not remove stuns either. after those arrangements it will be nearly impossible to chain stun (the only way would be with an all ice or storm team) which many players still might do but it will give other teams time to prepare in that sort of situation. now days when people chain stun use blinding light or choke to start off giving the other team nothing to do when they kill them off but with my system that goes away. also people stun by doing double lord/giant combo followed by another lord of giant but with my two stun shield adjustment that wont be possible. and with earthquake not taking off shields it makes chain stunning a thing of the past and good nice honorable play. ( also chain stunning also affects player calling other players name out of anger) which is bad cause people get banned and such things.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
jarom144 wrote:
well if you have the cards whats wrong with using them? if you dont like it then dont do 4v4 its that easy so if you can do something about it dont complain

I agree,if you have a card that you have earned in the game you should be able to use that card. Every school has its advantages and disadvantages!!!!! Stop playing PVP if you do not like it.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
i totally agree with you guys. Chain stunning is probaly the only thing i still consider a problem in pvp. bolting is gone, thx to the no trading enchanted cards thing. Chain stunning makes 4v4 pvp no fun at all. zip. zero. if KI gets rid of it, then i'd consider the pvp system pretty much flawless.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
armorlad wrote:

I agree,if you have a card that you have earned in the game you should be able to use that card. Every school has its advantages and disadvantages!!!!! Stop playing PVP if you do not like it.

Yep, ranked PvP in 4v4 is pretty much deserted these days. They might as well take it out of the game.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Let's be clear: The entire purpose of dueling competition is to take EVERY POSSIBLE ADVANTAGE. That makes chain stunning a design flaw, not a behavioral issue.

In one sense, it is very cool that players have found the technique. That's why I love the potential of new spells that shift the tactics around a bit. Entangle is a good example. However, for the same reason, it's almost impossible for KI to predict the impact of changes. Certainly they did not intend to create a system where one side gets no turns.

It's out there, and needs to be fixed, by design. Someone will always be annoyed with the change, but that's just part of the fun. New tactics will emerge, and the true measure of the depth of the game is in how FEW of these loopholes there are. Take heart, chain stunning won't be allowed to last.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
i also have to agree, the only way to defend against chain stunning is you have to go first and one person has to stun block a person and the person with the stunblock has to dispel the fire or the myth person but even still you wont be able to do that forever so its just a big problem. unless they change pvp to be similar to boss fights where stun doesnt work on the players.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
This one thread has produced two users asking KI to look at the Chain Stunning issue:
1)So KingsIsle, could you find a way to stop Chain Stunning?
2)I have found a system to stop chain stunning KINGSISLE PLZ READ THIS!

There are many other threads with Chain Stunning topics where users are asking KI administrators to look at this and that bla bla bla. Even I have asked. Bottom line is chain stunning is not on their list to fix any time soon. Why? I don't know. The moderators/admins have not ever acknowledged chain stunning as a problem since they coded in the stun block shield about a year ago.

Hmmm, I just had a thought. I cannot try this out so I will ask. Would a nice chain stunning team get together and try this tactic on a group of monsters in the spiral and see if they are stunned until dead? Please post back your findings. I don't think stunning works all the time on monsters. If it does work, then to me chain stunning is not a problem. Though I will still hate it in pvp, I will get off of KI's back about it.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
jarom144 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with using your own cards, but there is something wrong with it causes an entirely unfair advantage. I've only 3v3'd one time, and that was my worst pvp experience ever. I pvped with 2 lower levels on my level 49 ice. We got paired with a team of 3 grandmasters, 2 myths and a fire. I though, this could be fun. That was, until the first round happened. Stunned us all, then fire bladed, and we got stunned again. The second stun took off our stun blocks, and they went first, so we had no opportunity to do anything. This went on and on and on and on, and after the first fire dragon, my wizard was the only one alive.

After i reached 500 health, I guess they though they had it in the bag so they stopped chain stunning. That's when I retaliated. In the end, I went down with a fight, took out the 2 chain stunners, and brought the fire wizard down to extremely low health and if I hadn't fizzled a colossus, I would have beat them.

The whole time, there was a guy in full commander gear cheering our team on, even though we did nothing for 90% of the round. He complimented me for trying and doing so well while I had such little going for me and told me how big of a problem chain stunners are.

There are those that say, well stuns don't always hit, or they will run out of stun spells after a while. Well, that's not entirely true. Two people could have more than enough stuns in their side board to last a whole game. And with enchantments and pvp armor, stuns can reach over 100% accuracy.

To those that believe chain stunning is ok, it's not. PvP means player versus player. There is no versus when the second player can't do anything. It'd be the same as fighting a person with no spells at all.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
1BLUE1 wrote:
my system works like this: take away seperate stun spells such as choke blinding light ect. as for stormlord and icegiant instead of just giving one stun shield it gives two.also just like absorb shields make earthquake not remove stuns either. after those arrangements it will be nearly impossible to chain stun (the only way would be with an all ice or storm team) which many players still might do but it will give other teams time to prepare in that sort of situation. now days when people chain stun use blinding light or choke to start off giving the other team nothing to do when they kill them off but with my system that goes away. also people stun by doing double lord/giant combo followed by another lord of giant but with my two stun shield adjustment that wont be possible. and with earthquake not taking off shields it makes chain stunning a thing of the past and good nice honorable play. ( also chain stunning also affects player calling other players name out of anger) which is bad cause people get banned and such things.

Instead of taking away spells that people like why not just make stun block a three turn duration spell that cannot be removed (similar to Sprite)?

That would solve the whole problem and only effect one spell that is never used in pve.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
Chain stunning.
Okay, I have an option for all of you that do not like chain stunning.
Don't complain.
I am a chain stunner, and I really don't like telling you this, but the only reason a lot of people chain stun is because they like to hear the other people complain.
I am good friends with the person who started the Chain stunning, and well, now, they are just happy to get a match, because their rank is so high, it takes them an hour to get a match.
Their rank is over 3000, so they have people with really low rank to help them get matches.
Chain stunning is NOT wrong.
Use the spells that were given to you, don't be mad about losing one match.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Oh come one, your worried about Chain stunning, if you can't beat them join them...j/k

but seriosly how many hate the fact that you get wiped so fast when you find out your playing on a friends TEAM , that knows all their guys and already has a strategy that will always work to combo and do everything to win.. It happens and it's a Pain..They need to address that issue in my opinion more than any

Just Let FRIENDS TEAMS play only FRIENDS TEAMS

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
musicmaster801 wrote:
Chain stunning.
Okay, I have an option for all of you that do not like chain stunning.
Don't complain.
I am a chain stunner, and I really don't like telling you this, but the only reason a lot of people chain stun is because they like to hear the other people complain.
I am good friends with the person who started the Chain stunning, and well, now, they are just happy to get a match, because their rank is so high, it takes them an hour to get a match.
Their rank is over 3000, so they have people with really low rank to help them get matches.
Chain stunning is NOT wrong.
Use the spells that were given to you, don't be mad about losing one match.

Can we be mad about losing 100 matches? 1000? Can we? Explain to us why chain stunning isn't wrong. Give us one way to stop it, and maybe then we'll stop complaining. Until then, no thanks.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
1BLUE1 wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i think that stuns should not been removed but make a rule like no stunning over 2-3 rounds in a row and must wait 2 rounds to stun again but if it is a storm lord or frost giant you can use it whenever you want because you need to wait for the pips to use it anyway but if they do it constantly the whole time if they add no limit at least make the team that stunned over 5 times in a row after the match -30 ranked and make the team that lost from them all +20 tickets and +10 rank :)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
armorlad wrote:
jarom144 wrote:

Well, people have stopped playing 3v3 and 4v4, I really hope something is done about this, because I really liked to play 3v3 and 4v4. And if you go second in battle the is no chance of winning, because your stunned every round and can't even attack. The only reason people chain stun is because they have a hard time fighting any other way, and since people have stopped playing 3v3 and 4v4 they'll have a hard time ranking up.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Merekid wrote:
chakrafairey wrote:

Where in the Wacky World of Gummy Firecats are these chain stunners I keep reading about?

Peace out peeps!
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 45 Balance/Ice
Are you doing the practice ones or the ranked ones? Chain stunners are in the ranked ones becuase they say they want to get highier lvl. Then, are you doing 4v4 or 3v3 becuase thats where they are also. We do need to do something about these stun chainers!!!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Merekid wrote:

Again, I fail to see your logic here. If you can't find chain stunners, Try doing a ranked 4v4 match. You see on average, a chain stun team every 1 in 5 battles.

It is a huge problem! As one person pointed out, chain stunning is like going to a movie theatre, buying your ticket,food,etc.. Then somebody locks you in the bathroom the entire movie.

This is no different. All they do are force Paying players to be unable to fight back in any manner, while they have their way. Ranked PvP is a popular aspect in W101, and they are effectively ruining it.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Chain Stunning is like most things today kids do, they love to take short cuts to get ahead. And they will keep taking these short cuts until somebody stops them. They will use the excuse, hey it is in the game so it must be ok, never really taking into account that what they are doing could be a form of cheating.
1Blue cracks me up, he states that he knows the person that started chaining, lol. Come on man chain stunning has been around for a long time, it just really starting to become more and more of a problem, because people like you, who enjoy taking shortcuts in life and think they are getting ahead.
Hate to break it to you, but short cuts sooner or later get blocked and then you have to take the orginal road to get where you are going. Are you good enough to play in a real battle?, or are you just good enough, where you have to chain to get a win? Hopefully we will soon find out, if KI fixes the problem. (Which I would like to think they will.)
And wow they want us to feel sorry for them because they have to wait to get a match because their chaining has made their rank so high, lol. Some funny people in here.
Please KI fix this problem soon, you have some good people that enjoy your game. You like to credit yourself with creating a game for all ages, well because of this problem there are tempers being raised and things being said in the arena that I would not want my kids seeing or hearing. We try to teach kids today to play fair not to take every shortcut they think they can exploit. KI by fixing this problem you would help in this cause.

Thanks again

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
I hear ya man. I mean, if it's like a stun once i'm cool but if it's chaining then i get really mad. They want to be that cheap just to win? Seriously?