Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

burning rampage needs to be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
Burning rampage is a cheating way for fire wizards to get to warlord and it needs to be nerfed.

No low lvl can get to warlord when low lvl fire wizards has burning rampage so fix it please.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
2
I wouldn't necessarily call it a cheating way for fire wizards to get warlord. Two decent strategies (depending on whether or not you're first, unfortunately) is the use of triage or shift as a treasure card. Although those treasure cards aren't necessarily easy to get your hands on, that's one way I've personally counteracted the spell.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
Michael Firehammer... on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily call it a cheating way for fire wizards to get warlord. Two decent strategies (depending on whether or not you're first, unfortunately) is the use of triage or shift as a treasure card. Although those treasure cards aren't necessarily easy to get your hands on, that's one way I've personally counteracted the spell.
Not all low lvl have that treasure card in there side deck.

Rank PVP was more fun without burning rampage in the past.

It cost me to much rank and now I might never get commander robe to stitch.

And I want burning rampage to do 2 overtime instead 1 big over time so it will be more fair in rank pvp.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
I've also counteracted the card but only from first and using triage isn't always so hopeful especially if your forced to attack than to defend yourself hence second turn disadvantage. Honestly dot should be completely removed from pvp as well as minions. If minions are to be allowed they should provide supportive roles not offensive and defensive methods.As for dot, this is a turn base game and the reason i said damage overtime spells should be remove from pvp is because it acts as a 4 turn spell which pressure users to defend themselves from wide open hits which is almost impossible due to rng.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
angellifeheart on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:
I've also counteracted the card but only from first and using triage isn't always so hopeful especially if your forced to attack than to defend yourself hence second turn disadvantage. Honestly dot should be completely removed from pvp as well as minions. If minions are to be allowed they should provide supportive roles not offensive and defensive methods.As for dot, this is a turn base game and the reason i said damage overtime spells should be remove from pvp is because it acts as a 4 turn spell which pressure users to defend themselves from wide open hits which is almost impossible due to rng.
I disagree with you that would mean fire elf for fire wizards wouldn't be allowed to take off set shields or tower shields.

Ice have frostbite to take off ice shields.
life only has 1 overtime damage and it takes a lot of pips to get to it.

so your asking for mostly death myth ice and fire to lose there's overtime damage so I'm guessing your a balance that doesn't shield spam? or maybe your storm but storm has low health at low lvl and it harder for them to win matches that easy.

I'm just trying to make rank pvp fun again and right now it not.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
Barbie934m on Mar 9, 2019 wrote:
I disagree with you that would mean fire elf for fire wizards wouldn't be allowed to take off set shields or tower shields.

Ice have frostbite to take off ice shields.
life only has 1 overtime damage and it takes a lot of pips to get to it.

so your asking for mostly death myth ice and fire to lose there's overtime damage so I'm guessing your a balance that doesn't shield spam? or maybe your storm but storm has low health at low lvl and it harder for them to win matches that easy.

I'm just trying to make rank pvp fun again and right now it not.
In a turn base game the only thing that should take off shields is wand hits or reg hits. Why do you think most may cast wands are pay to win? because its a broken add on to the game. Shields are their for a reason to reduce incoming damage. A dot acts as a 4 turns free move basically which allows users to set up freely thats why fire is so busted right now. Now you add that with a spell that does 860 base damage with a -90 weakness, a spell that does 1600 enchanted base damage(FFA) and puts 3 traps a spammable fire beetle with 0 counter play, access to shrike
more than 140% possible base damage? and tell me that's not broken. Thats why fire is in the top 3 and not bottom Am a balance correct a balance in pvp play style not school wise im not bias for any school. I want to the meta to change in other words the top 3 i want them nerf to the ground to allow schools such as to have a chance at top 3. Thanks for assuming what schools i play because if it interest u i have all 7 schools max.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
angellifeheart on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
In a turn base game the only thing that should take off shields is wand hits or reg hits. Why do you think most may cast wands are pay to win? because its a broken add on to the game. Shields are their for a reason to reduce incoming damage. A dot acts as a 4 turns free move basically which allows users to set up freely thats why fire is so busted right now. Now you add that with a spell that does 860 base damage with a -90 weakness, a spell that does 1600 enchanted base damage(FFA) and puts 3 traps a spammable fire beetle with 0 counter play, access to shrike
more than 140% possible base damage? and tell me that's not broken. Thats why fire is in the top 3 and not bottom Am a balance correct a balance in pvp play style not school wise im not bias for any school. I want to the meta to change in other words the top 3 i want them nerf to the ground to allow schools such as to have a chance at top 3. Thanks for assuming what schools i play because if it interest u i have all 7 schools max.
Loremaster is fine I'm okay with mana burn going away from rank pvp but I disagree that loremaster needs to be nerfed at all or power nova.

Loremaster makes rank pvp fair for balance wizards at lvl 50.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
Barbie934m on Mar 17, 2019 wrote:
Loremaster is fine I'm okay with mana burn going away from rank pvp but I disagree that loremaster needs to be nerfed at all or power nova.

Loremaster makes rank pvp fair for balance wizards at lvl 50.
Lore master is not fine and it will never be fine for that amount of pips. In fact a spell like that should be classified under 5 pips and not 4 pips. A 470 base damage spell(770) epic enchanted with effects is too much of a nuisance, especially when it can be easily spammable with zero counter play. Hence why people carry wards in rank and their not using it because they want the advantage, their using it because they know how busted these top 3 schools are. Power nova is the aoe spell that spell is ok. I was referring to super nova aura burn. Its a very un healthy play style to just nuke someones aura and get a damage from it, especially a 500 base damage for only 2 pips. A spell like that should cost 4 pips balance aren't storm and in no way shape or form should they be doing mass damage due to their access to multiple game play style changes. I thought balance was suppose to be balance why is it so broken? These schools offer little to no risk at all in its place style and should be changed. And am also promoting the idea of set shield against balance -80% and prisms or better spirit spells. Another idea to this at level 50 most balance who are warlords have lore master. This is why i can't really compare burning rampage to lore master spammers because their on the same level and i take it you lost hard against a fire. Now i see why you would want their spell to be Nerf. Cant ask for balance coming from a school that's broken no pun intended.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
angellifeheart on Mar 20, 2019 wrote:
Lore master is not fine and it will never be fine for that amount of pips. In fact a spell like that should be classified under 5 pips and not 4 pips. A 470 base damage spell(770) epic enchanted with effects is too much of a nuisance, especially when it can be easily spammable with zero counter play. Hence why people carry wards in rank and their not using it because they want the advantage, their using it because they know how busted these top 3 schools are. Power nova is the aoe spell that spell is ok. I was referring to super nova aura burn. Its a very un healthy play style to just nuke someones aura and get a damage from it, especially a 500 base damage for only 2 pips. A spell like that should cost 4 pips balance aren't storm and in no way shape or form should they be doing mass damage due to their access to multiple game play style changes. I thought balance was suppose to be balance why is it so broken? These schools offer little to no risk at all in its place style and should be changed. And am also promoting the idea of set shield against balance -80% and prisms or better spirit spells. Another idea to this at level 50 most balance who are warlords have lore master. This is why i can't really compare burning rampage to lore master spammers because their on the same level and i take it you lost hard against a fire. Now i see why you would want their spell to be Nerf. Cant ask for balance coming from a school that's broken no pun intended.
Then you want Brimstone also for 5 pips because that will happen also if loremaster get nerfed so will brimstone and also burning rampage.

Super Nova can fizzle so balance have to use something to use it to help them but when facing another balance they can't use that spell really well.

And I'm a ice wizard name Samantha and.

I think burning rampage ruins rank pvp right now it no fun at lower lvl to do rank pvp when a fire has burning rampage.

And as a ice wizard loremaster doesn't affect ice that much because ice have more resistance and also more health.

And Super Nova doesn't do that much damage less you get a lucky critical and mana burn is to risking for a balance wizard to use when they are going second.

I try that strat on a balance and mostly lost on my old account and I never was lucky enough to get loremaster on that balance wizard but I could easy beat warlords as a lvl 90 balance spamming sandstorm.

So are you sure it balance only loremaster that doing that much damage check the balance wizard pet maybe that why you getting killed by balance wizard from loremaster all the time and also Warlords never fizzles at all.

we can disagree and agree with each other but Kingsisle will have to think about it first.

We can't do anything only they can so it up to the people who made this game not by the players or warlords.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
Barbie934m on Mar 20, 2019 wrote:
Then you want Brimstone also for 5 pips because that will happen also if loremaster get nerfed so will brimstone and also burning rampage.

Super Nova can fizzle so balance have to use something to use it to help them but when facing another balance they can't use that spell really well.

And I'm a ice wizard name Samantha and.

I think burning rampage ruins rank pvp right now it no fun at lower lvl to do rank pvp when a fire has burning rampage.

And as a ice wizard loremaster doesn't affect ice that much because ice have more resistance and also more health.

And Super Nova doesn't do that much damage less you get a lucky critical and mana burn is to risking for a balance wizard to use when they are going second.

I try that strat on a balance and mostly lost on my old account and I never was lucky enough to get loremaster on that balance wizard but I could easy beat warlords as a lvl 90 balance spamming sandstorm.

So are you sure it balance only loremaster that doing that much damage check the balance wizard pet maybe that why you getting killed by balance wizard from loremaster all the time and also Warlords never fizzles at all.

we can disagree and agree with each other but Kingsisle will have to think about it first.

We can't do anything only they can so it up to the people who made this game not by the players or warlords.
Ok from reading your reply I simplified a few things that hopefully I can explain to you were am coming from. Max level pvp starting from level 100-130 is a total different game compare to anything else bellow such tier. From pay to win gears to may cast wands and over heavily stats pets, all of this contributes as an advantage in pvp. Brimstone is ok since fire and storm are main damage dealers i would let this one slide, basically because it doesn't affect the opponent stats wise for the damage it compensates. Lore master on the other hand does the same damage but instead, offers two annoying negative charms that can easily claim game winning advantage.

Balance are capable of doing mass damage in numbers if you mix shrike with lore master, while also being able to retain those effects in play for only 4 pips, it becomes a problem especially with mantle. My idea to this should be change to 400 base damage with -20 weakness, mantle should be removed. Balance are not storm or fire nor should it share the same damage as them because balance were meant to be mid tier class damage dealers like ice and life, hence why you see in some of the spells balance ice life deal the same damage.

Super nova despite being able to fizzle the cost of pips for 535 base damage 800 enchanted for 2 pips is not relevant and if such spell is to be access by a school that is already dominating pvp since age 1 i believe the cost of this spell pip wise should be change to 3-4. The reason for this is mainly because it offers little to no counter play when going second and balance isn't a school that should be putting pressure on any school when it already has access to many useful utilities. Having that said increasing the pip cost would prevent balance mains from harassing their opponents, especially when they already have broken mana burn. Which will also be discussed in my next paragraph.

Mana burn states the opponent take 80 damage per pip and loses 3 pips. It doesn't specify whether its white or power pips. In this case lets assume if its 3 white pips then that spell is a perfect example of poor spell design by the developers and risk the rank of players in pvp due to this spell unfairness. As max level players when you start off with 5 pips 2 power 1 white you lose all your pips, when clearly it states 3. An improvement to this spell would be to buff the damage per pip to 100 but the opponent doesn't lose any pips.For example 100 x 5 would equal to 500 damage flat since it cannot be enchanted i would propose that be changed also. That way it would become more reliable but would offer much counter play as well. Other wise if it was to be remain the same then it should only take away 1 regular pip and 1 power pip which equals to 3 and not 5.

Love your name btw, but dont take it personaly i dislike ice school and would never fine my self playing pvp on a pro level with such an easy tier school. Ice has proven to be the most dominant since darkmoor existed and K I refuse to take my advice on nerf abominable weaver shield from -75% to -50% since it does the same damage as Hungry Caterpillar while life only getting 800 on absorb. Ice are capable of boasting 8000 health with 65% resist and significant 105% damage with 35% pierce. Having that being said ice also has access to many game play changing utilities that nearly all affects your opponent from steal ward, brace and ice bubble to ice dispels relatively because everyone carries tower shield in max pvp. They also have multiple combo spells like ice bird, frost bite, winter moon and lord of winter. Also am not sure you notice but if your ice has 105% damage with bubble that's 140% easy damage boost,which now place them in the same damage category as storm and fire.

My conclusion to this is needs a total rework or nerf that would allow school such as to be able to climb without fearing or haven't to walk with ward pets just so they can get a survival chance against the top 3.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
168
angellifeheart on Mar 26, 2019 wrote:
Ok from reading your reply I simplified a few things that hopefully I can explain to you were am coming from. Max level pvp starting from level 100-130 is a total different game compare to anything else bellow such tier. From pay to win gears to may cast wands and over heavily stats pets, all of this contributes as an advantage in pvp. Brimstone is ok since fire and storm are main damage dealers i would let this one slide, basically because it doesn't affect the opponent stats wise for the damage it compensates. Lore master on the other hand does the same damage but instead, offers two annoying negative charms that can easily claim game winning advantage.

Balance are capable of doing mass damage in numbers if you mix shrike with lore master, while also being able to retain those effects in play for only 4 pips, it becomes a problem especially with mantle. My idea to this should be change to 400 base damage with -20 weakness, mantle should be removed. Balance are not storm or fire nor should it share the same damage as them because balance were meant to be mid tier class damage dealers like ice and life, hence why you see in some of the spells balance ice life deal the same damage.

Super nova despite being able to fizzle the cost of pips for 535 base damage 800 enchanted for 2 pips is not relevant and if such spell is to be access by a school that is already dominating pvp since age 1 i believe the cost of this spell pip wise should be change to 3-4. The reason for this is mainly because it offers little to no counter play when going second and balance isn't a school that should be putting pressure on any school when it already has access to many useful utilities. Having that said increasing the pip cost would prevent balance mains from harassing their opponents, especially when they already have broken mana burn. Which will also be discussed in my next paragraph.

Mana burn states the opponent take 80 damage per pip and loses 3 pips. It doesn't specify whether its white or power pips. In this case lets assume if its 3 white pips then that spell is a perfect example of poor spell design by the developers and risk the rank of players in pvp due to this spell unfairness. As max level players when you start off with 5 pips 2 power 1 white you lose all your pips, when clearly it states 3. An improvement to this spell would be to buff the damage per pip to 100 but the opponent doesn't lose any pips.For example 100 x 5 would equal to 500 damage flat since it cannot be enchanted i would propose that be changed also. That way it would become more reliable but would offer much counter play as well. Other wise if it was to be remain the same then it should only take away 1 regular pip and 1 power pip which equals to 3 and not 5.

Love your name btw, but dont take it personaly i dislike ice school and would never fine my self playing pvp on a pro level with such an easy tier school. Ice has proven to be the most dominant since darkmoor existed and K I refuse to take my advice on nerf abominable weaver shield from -75% to -50% since it does the same damage as Hungry Caterpillar while life only getting 800 on absorb. Ice are capable of boasting 8000 health with 65% resist and significant 105% damage with 35% pierce. Having that being said ice also has access to many game play changing utilities that nearly all affects your opponent from steal ward, brace and ice bubble to ice dispels relatively because everyone carries tower shield in max pvp. They also have multiple combo spells like ice bird, frost bite, winter moon and lord of winter. Also am not sure you notice but if your ice has 105% damage with bubble that's 140% easy damage boost,which now place them in the same damage category as storm and fire.

My conclusion to this is needs a total rework or nerf that would allow school such as to be able to climb without fearing or haven't to walk with ward pets just so they can get a survival chance against the top 3.
That is last ages meta, the schools are all good now, some are better then others but the gap is not big at all like it used to be. Life, storm, and myth are in no need of a buff to compete vs balance ice and fire. Maybe when 110 was cap there needed to be some balancing done, but now all the schools are good. High ranked max players (1500+) are not even using the basic ice balance and fire ward pets anymore because schools like life and storm are hard to compete against and warding to 3 schools takes up valuable talent spots on a pet that are needed to bring down a life wizard or storm wizard. The current high rank max pvp meta is going back to triple double damage pets and may cast damage auras or infallible. There are mostly myths storms lifes balances and fires at high ranks that are active in pvp right now. Life is actually better then ice in pvp now, the numbers of high ranked ice wizards that are active have been declining. If the school was really so overpowered then this shouldnt be the case. I have talked to quite a few high ranked players and they agree that all the schools are good now and life is really underestimated at the moment. Storm is good too, I see storm winning vs ice and balance wizards from second. Myth is beating fire balance and ice from second. The schools are all in a good spot besides maybe death, but death scion is helping death stand a chance vs the other schools. do not need a nerf if schools like storm and life dont get one too. None of the schools need a nerf right now they are all more balanced then they have been in 4 years.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
angellifeheart on Mar 26, 2019 wrote:
Ok from reading your reply I simplified a few things that hopefully I can explain to you were am coming from. Max level pvp starting from level 100-130 is a total different game compare to anything else bellow such tier. From pay to win gears to may cast wands and over heavily stats pets, all of this contributes as an advantage in pvp. Brimstone is ok since fire and storm are main damage dealers i would let this one slide, basically because it doesn't affect the opponent stats wise for the damage it compensates. Lore master on the other hand does the same damage but instead, offers two annoying negative charms that can easily claim game winning advantage.

Balance are capable of doing mass damage in numbers if you mix shrike with lore master, while also being able to retain those effects in play for only 4 pips, it becomes a problem especially with mantle. My idea to this should be change to 400 base damage with -20 weakness, mantle should be removed. Balance are not storm or fire nor should it share the same damage as them because balance were meant to be mid tier class damage dealers like ice and life, hence why you see in some of the spells balance ice life deal the same damage.

Super nova despite being able to fizzle the cost of pips for 535 base damage 800 enchanted for 2 pips is not relevant and if such spell is to be access by a school that is already dominating pvp since age 1 i believe the cost of this spell pip wise should be change to 3-4. The reason for this is mainly because it offers little to no counter play when going second and balance isn't a school that should be putting pressure on any school when it already has access to many useful utilities. Having that said increasing the pip cost would prevent balance mains from harassing their opponents, especially when they already have broken mana burn. Which will also be discussed in my next paragraph.

Mana burn states the opponent take 80 damage per pip and loses 3 pips. It doesn't specify whether its white or power pips. In this case lets assume if its 3 white pips then that spell is a perfect example of poor spell design by the developers and risk the rank of players in pvp due to this spell unfairness. As max level players when you start off with 5 pips 2 power 1 white you lose all your pips, when clearly it states 3. An improvement to this spell would be to buff the damage per pip to 100 but the opponent doesn't lose any pips.For example 100 x 5 would equal to 500 damage flat since it cannot be enchanted i would propose that be changed also. That way it would become more reliable but would offer much counter play as well. Other wise if it was to be remain the same then it should only take away 1 regular pip and 1 power pip which equals to 3 and not 5.

Love your name btw, but dont take it personaly i dislike ice school and would never fine my self playing pvp on a pro level with such an easy tier school. Ice has proven to be the most dominant since darkmoor existed and K I refuse to take my advice on nerf abominable weaver shield from -75% to -50% since it does the same damage as Hungry Caterpillar while life only getting 800 on absorb. Ice are capable of boasting 8000 health with 65% resist and significant 105% damage with 35% pierce. Having that being said ice also has access to many game play changing utilities that nearly all affects your opponent from steal ward, brace and ice bubble to ice dispels relatively because everyone carries tower shield in max pvp. They also have multiple combo spells like ice bird, frost bite, winter moon and lord of winter. Also am not sure you notice but if your ice has 105% damage with bubble that's 140% easy damage boost,which now place them in the same damage category as storm and fire.

My conclusion to this is needs a total rework or nerf that would allow school such as to be able to climb without fearing or haven't to walk with ward pets just so they can get a survival chance against the top 3.
I mostly try to use Winter Moon spell but I have a lot of trouble with burning rampage and my Ice only has 72 ice damage and I been trying so hard to get my favorite robe from Diego.

I don't know how to get ice bird and I don't think it worth it to go farm for a tc called ice bird.

And 2 night ago a ice wizard was kinda rude to me so I quit saying gg because I can't say it anymore I mostly fight rank pvp wizards like Knight and Commander and Warlords.

If Warlords Don't say gg when they lose why should I say it when I lose to a Warlord?

And Burning rampage does way to much damage on the second overtime and if I played on a balance wizard I would never use mana burn.

Because I know everyone hate that spell and I think it a useless spell to use for rank pvp and with Power nova I would only put 2 to make it fair for the other players in rank pvp if I got my balance at that lvl.

Samantha lvl 104 I think right now.

P:S:

I think Warlords should think more about others players then there's 2,000 rating.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1025
Fred Frost on Mar 28, 2019 wrote:
That is last ages meta, the schools are all good now, some are better then others but the gap is not big at all like it used to be. Life, storm, and myth are in no need of a buff to compete vs balance ice and fire. Maybe when 110 was cap there needed to be some balancing done, but now all the schools are good. High ranked max players (1500+) are not even using the basic ice balance and fire ward pets anymore because schools like life and storm are hard to compete against and warding to 3 schools takes up valuable talent spots on a pet that are needed to bring down a life wizard or storm wizard. The current high rank max pvp meta is going back to triple double damage pets and may cast damage auras or infallible. There are mostly myths storms lifes balances and fires at high ranks that are active in pvp right now. Life is actually better then ice in pvp now, the numbers of high ranked ice wizards that are active have been declining. If the school was really so overpowered then this shouldnt be the case. I have talked to quite a few high ranked players and they agree that all the schools are good now and life is really underestimated at the moment. Storm is good too, I see storm winning vs ice and balance wizards from second. Myth is beating fire balance and ice from second. The schools are all in a good spot besides maybe death, but death scion is helping death stand a chance vs the other schools. do not need a nerf if schools like storm and life dont get one too. None of the schools need a nerf right now they are all more balanced then they have been in 4 years.
You make some valid points but some are incorrect. You are right in that the schools are more balanced than they used to be. You are also correct in that life is doing extremely well right now- both the angel strat and an offensive crit/heal strat easily put Life on the upper echelon of the tier list. However, in no way are Storm and Death up to par with Ice, Balance and Fire.

That being said the reason you and many other high ranks think that the low tiers are a match for the high tiers is actually quite simple. You and many other high ranks don't play at max, you play at lvls 125 and below. This allows for rank farming due to the nature of wizs matching system. However, when you reach the higher ranks you end up matching with high commander-warlord lvl opponents. I know this as fact because your 2000+ rank lvl 100 Ice has fought my mid 900s rank lvl 130 death.

Vs a lvl 100 Ice with 7k hp I have much more breathing room. It takes less blades to set up an OHKO. With less hp to deal with I can focus more on countering your defenses and limiting your offense. In this case it would seem like death is as good as ice. However, that is simply not the case. The reason it seems that way is because your lower lvl limits your tool kit. Vs a lvl 130 Ice with 9k-10k hp I have much less breathing room. From second that fight is practically impossible to win. In other words a lvl 130 death may hold it's own against a lvl 100 Ice but a lvl 130 Ice is still much better equipped than a lvl 130 death. Same thing with a Storm going second to an Ice. In the case of a 130 Storm vs a 100 Ice, it's possible to win via insane bolt. However doing the exact same combo vs a 130 Ice wouldn't work simply due to hp differences.

In other words, the tiers are not as even as you say. It just seems so due to the lvl discrepancies that tend to occur for those playing at below max lvl.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
168
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 29, 2019 wrote:
You make some valid points but some are incorrect. You are right in that the schools are more balanced than they used to be. You are also correct in that life is doing extremely well right now- both the angel strat and an offensive crit/heal strat easily put Life on the upper echelon of the tier list. However, in no way are Storm and Death up to par with Ice, Balance and Fire.

That being said the reason you and many other high ranks think that the low tiers are a match for the high tiers is actually quite simple. You and many other high ranks don't play at max, you play at lvls 125 and below. This allows for rank farming due to the nature of wizs matching system. However, when you reach the higher ranks you end up matching with high commander-warlord lvl opponents. I know this as fact because your 2000+ rank lvl 100 Ice has fought my mid 900s rank lvl 130 death.

Vs a lvl 100 Ice with 7k hp I have much more breathing room. It takes less blades to set up an OHKO. With less hp to deal with I can focus more on countering your defenses and limiting your offense. In this case it would seem like death is as good as ice. However, that is simply not the case. The reason it seems that way is because your lower lvl limits your tool kit. Vs a lvl 130 Ice with 9k-10k hp I have much less breathing room. From second that fight is practically impossible to win. In other words a lvl 130 death may hold it's own against a lvl 100 Ice but a lvl 130 Ice is still much better equipped than a lvl 130 death. Same thing with a Storm going second to an Ice. In the case of a 130 Storm vs a 100 Ice, it's possible to win via insane bolt. However doing the exact same combo vs a 130 Ice wouldn't work simply due to hp differences.

In other words, the tiers are not as even as you say. It just seems so due to the lvl discrepancies that tend to occur for those playing at below max lvl.
I dont have a level 100 ice, my ice is 125 with about 1600 rank. I have been playing max ice pvp since 2016, I didnt do exalted pvp and level up. Storm is way better then you give it credit for. I agree that death is still slightly underpowered. Storm on the other hand is insanely good, talk with max high rank players such as sean skull walker, me, anthony, alex, and jordan. Storm scion is insane it oneshots and if a storm is about to lose they just insane bolt, they are 4th best school right now.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
Fred Frost on Mar 28, 2019 wrote:
That is last ages meta, the schools are all good now, some are better then others but the gap is not big at all like it used to be. Life, storm, and myth are in no need of a buff to compete vs balance ice and fire. Maybe when 110 was cap there needed to be some balancing done, but now all the schools are good. High ranked max players (1500+) are not even using the basic ice balance and fire ward pets anymore because schools like life and storm are hard to compete against and warding to 3 schools takes up valuable talent spots on a pet that are needed to bring down a life wizard or storm wizard. The current high rank max pvp meta is going back to triple double damage pets and may cast damage auras or infallible. There are mostly myths storms lifes balances and fires at high ranks that are active in pvp right now. Life is actually better then ice in pvp now, the numbers of high ranked ice wizards that are active have been declining. If the school was really so overpowered then this shouldnt be the case. I have talked to quite a few high ranked players and they agree that all the schools are good now and life is really underestimated at the moment. Storm is good too, I see storm winning vs ice and balance wizards from second. Myth is beating fire balance and ice from second. The schools are all in a good spot besides maybe death, but death scion is helping death stand a chance vs the other schools. do not need a nerf if schools like storm and life dont get one too. None of the schools need a nerf right now they are all more balanced then they have been in 4 years.
This is clearly untrue because the gears never changed at least for life storm and myth. Malistare/ One shot dungeon gears such as rattle bones robe and krok hat gears are still being used to this day. The only thing that has changed are more pay to win gears and may cast wands and base for most schools. With storm still having the lowest health of the bunch. What buffed storm clearly now, is the scion of storm spell that gives little to no actual major requirement why because no one keeps blades on in pvp when facing storm less its protected. The meta only got more worst for some and still better for the top 3 why? why do you thing life school is in such a bad spot right now that people are actually abusing the angel strategy? Did you forget the main reason why death school plea so much for an actually damage utility card to make up for the bad juju nerf? People dont abuse the meta when they know their school are playable they abuse it when they realize its more efficient easy and more of a benefit. That's why most people carry ward pets for specifically. The only thing that's keeping other schools alive and i see this more often is heavily relying on sets and brace or fortify pets along with ward pets. This isn't purely a coincident and my point to this is their shouldn't be a meta that force players to play a specific way to actually win pvp. That's why wiz pvp community is heavily filled with boosters and rage quitters let alone toxic try hard that scold you for actually depending on rng.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1025
Fred Frost on Mar 29, 2019 wrote:
I dont have a level 100 ice, my ice is 125 with about 1600 rank. I have been playing max ice pvp since 2016, I didnt do exalted pvp and level up. Storm is way better then you give it credit for. I agree that death is still slightly underpowered. Storm on the other hand is insanely good, talk with max high rank players such as sean skull walker, me, anthony, alex, and jordan. Storm scion is insane it oneshots and if a storm is about to lose they just insane bolt, they are 4th best school right now.
Interesting, I've fought a lvl 100 Ice also named Fred Frost- my mistake. That being said my point still stands. I agree that scion is nice when it's not countered and insane bolt is a nice tool from second. However, it's Storm's only tool from second and still runs the risk of simply killing the caster. I agree that Death is in a worse place than Storm atm but myth easily surpasses Storm for 4th spot. It has access to so many potent tools, it's scion is arguably the hardest to counter in the game with a fairly easy set up and thanks to shadow pips it has access to an early game damage spike which was it's biggest issue in the max meta. I do talk with high rank maxes such as Nicolas, Corwin, Sunhunter and Sean.

That being said- they very fact that we can still place the schools in clear categories is indicative that the schools aren't as balanced as they should be. I think that school balance is best addressed by giving the lower tiers some better tools, less of a health differential along with nerfing some of the more egregious spells for the top tiers(burning rampage, guardian spirit, loremaster etc).

Storm- A mid pip(5-7 pip) DoT so it isn't instantly shut down by shields
Death- A low pip damage spike with a debuff effect so it is not forced to always rely on high pip spells. Also a 2 pip non-drain so it has a finisher that's more potent than ghoul.
Myth- A low pip damage spike that has some additional utility like removing a stun shield for example.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 31, 2019 wrote:
Interesting, I've fought a lvl 100 Ice also named Fred Frost- my mistake. That being said my point still stands. I agree that scion is nice when it's not countered and insane bolt is a nice tool from second. However, it's Storm's only tool from second and still runs the risk of simply killing the caster. I agree that Death is in a worse place than Storm atm but myth easily surpasses Storm for 4th spot. It has access to so many potent tools, it's scion is arguably the hardest to counter in the game with a fairly easy set up and thanks to shadow pips it has access to an early game damage spike which was it's biggest issue in the max meta. I do talk with high rank maxes such as Nicolas, Corwin, Sunhunter and Sean.

That being said- they very fact that we can still place the schools in clear categories is indicative that the schools aren't as balanced as they should be. I think that school balance is best addressed by giving the lower tiers some better tools, less of a health differential along with nerfing some of the more egregious spells for the top tiers(burning rampage, guardian spirit, loremaster etc).

Storm- A mid pip(5-7 pip) DoT so it isn't instantly shut down by shields
Death- A low pip damage spike with a debuff effect so it is not forced to always rely on high pip spells. Also a 2 pip non-drain so it has a finisher that's more potent than ghoul.
Myth- A low pip damage spike that has some additional utility like removing a stun shield for example.
Sorry buddy as much as i hate this but ill have to disagree on death being worst than storm and the reason i say this despite their lack of drain damage etc. Death still has the upper hand with the buff they got from headless horseman and mirage spell which does ton of damage for only 4 pip. not only that but death has the ability now to reach 130+ damage with 55-60% universal resist with 40 pierce. yea ive seen couple warlords that are actually winning even against ice from second.

This is due to the the damage over time meta plays that ive said time and time again in a turn base game dot is actually pretty strong. Being able to set up combos like shielding into brace blade dot death ice fire with balance has now become a threat in max pvp. Especially when nearly everyone is carrying ward pets or max stat triple double pets. A storm that goes first towards any school that can land a max wild bolt turns the game in their favor regardless. I have one so i would know with 150% out going damage 50% resist ish(brace for coverage) 40% pierce. Insane bolt is not a good spell if it doesn't guarantee the outcome in your favor and i think that spell needs to be reworked into an actual dot with 4 pips or make it a shield breaker hit spell for 4 pips.

Although scion of storm was an immense buff to storm with a possible out come of 3150 base damage not even considering ur actually damage via example 1275(1575) epic enchant with strike x2 of the requirement would land u in a 3150 base damage x lets say you have 150% damage like me without even needing critical that would make it 160%(shrike buff) x3150 would be a ton of damage lets just say that lol. basically a one shot potential which every storm basically dream of having. Game breaking idea if u ask me.

Either way point is dot has been running pvp since forever and i believe every school should have one. As well as an actual reliable heal.If k i thought this true star spells could have been the actual utility spells we needed on a universal scale.
That being said the fact that life are doing well with critical heal build while being offensive am a bit skeptical of that because am running krok bone robe moolinda boots set and can only get my damage to 105% with 55% universal resit and 40% pierce with duelist ring and triple double pet with only 33% critical. also in coming out going is fairly below the 50% average. So am not really sure what would make that broken. I still have trouble fighting ice balance and fire even with set shields for them. Due to their ability or everyone's ability to use fortify or have fortify pets that can may cast for 5 rounds.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 31, 2019 wrote:
Interesting, I've fought a lvl 100 Ice also named Fred Frost- my mistake. That being said my point still stands. I agree that scion is nice when it's not countered and insane bolt is a nice tool from second. However, it's Storm's only tool from second and still runs the risk of simply killing the caster. I agree that Death is in a worse place than Storm atm but myth easily surpasses Storm for 4th spot. It has access to so many potent tools, it's scion is arguably the hardest to counter in the game with a fairly easy set up and thanks to shadow pips it has access to an early game damage spike which was it's biggest issue in the max meta. I do talk with high rank maxes such as Nicolas, Corwin, Sunhunter and Sean.

That being said- they very fact that we can still place the schools in clear categories is indicative that the schools aren't as balanced as they should be. I think that school balance is best addressed by giving the lower tiers some better tools, less of a health differential along with nerfing some of the more egregious spells for the top tiers(burning rampage, guardian spirit, loremaster etc).

Storm- A mid pip(5-7 pip) DoT so it isn't instantly shut down by shields
Death- A low pip damage spike with a debuff effect so it is not forced to always rely on high pip spells. Also a 2 pip non-drain so it has a finisher that's more potent than ghoul.
Myth- A low pip damage spike that has some additional utility like removing a stun shield for example.
I agree with the storm version buff but death already gotten a low 4 pip headless horseman spell with 580 base damage which is the highest damage on a 4 pip spell. I'll have to disagree on myth getting a spell to remove stun block due to that being the only counter to medusa 2 turn stun. I've seen a lot of warlords using talos for that specific reason. lore master pip value should increase to 5 and savage paw reduce to 4. This would eliminate the double negative buff spam while still allowing for counter play on savage paw. fire nerf to efreet weakness to be changed to a -40% mantle and ice abominable weaver shield removed in exchange for +40% blade

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
This post is only for nerf burning rampage not Loremaster not even for Headless horse men.

Kingsisle made a mistake putting burning rampage into the game.

Rank pvp is dead right now.

No more saying nerf Loremaster or any other spell less it the cheating hacker spell called burning rampage.

Make burning rampage do 2 overtime or make it where it like mana burn so it will balance rank pvp again.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
Barbie934m on May 3, 2019 wrote:
This post is only for nerf burning rampage not Loremaster not even for Headless horse men.

Kingsisle made a mistake putting burning rampage into the game.

Rank pvp is dead right now.

No more saying nerf Loremaster or any other spell less it the cheating hacker spell called burning rampage.

Make burning rampage do 2 overtime or make it where it like mana burn so it will balance rank pvp again.
I mean its just a relation between spells there is no need to be bias about it. Lore master in nerf should come first before burning rampage and as i stated burning rampage do not need any nerf it need to be made into a regular damage over time spell. Damage wise fire and storm are similar the only real nerf to fire should be on efreet. Mana burn is not a dot and mana burn is more broken in terms of pip and damage thank goodness its not enchantable.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
angellifeheart on May 6, 2019 wrote:
I mean its just a relation between spells there is no need to be bias about it. Lore master in nerf should come first before burning rampage and as i stated burning rampage do not need any nerf it need to be made into a regular damage over time spell. Damage wise fire and storm are similar the only real nerf to fire should be on efreet. Mana burn is not a dot and mana burn is more broken in terms of pip and damage thank goodness its not enchantable.
To me it burning rampage and loremaster both get nerfed or none.

Otherwise ice need something good without shadow magic like burning rampage for lower lvl right now fire is in the lead with burning rampage.

So right now they are getting reported spammed because of that spell.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1013
Barbie934m on May 8, 2019 wrote:
To me it burning rampage and loremaster both get nerfed or none.

Otherwise ice need something good without shadow magic like burning rampage for lower lvl right now fire is in the lead with burning rampage.

So right now they are getting reported spammed because of that spell.
Again with suggesting people report spam, how is it the fire wizard's fault that KI put a broken spell into the game, and how is reporting them going to get it fixed??

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1955
You know,

It's good to see such educational dialogue occurring without any offensive or condescending tones here in a PvP Thread.

I read through all the comments and I must say, I learnt quite a lot.

I am not an active PvP Player, I just rank to Warlord on all my wizards and stop.

But, I can definitely attest to some of the valid points highlighted throughout the thread.


Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
88
Jasmine3429 on May 9, 2019 wrote:
Again with suggesting people report spam, how is it the fire wizard's fault that KI put a broken spell into the game, and how is reporting them going to get it fixed??
Burning rampage is a cheating spell for fire and it needs to be nerfed soon.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
494
Barbie934m on May 11, 2019 wrote:
Burning rampage is a cheating spell for fire and it needs to be nerfed soon.
I agree and lore master and efreet too