Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Banning Guardian Spirit Spell from PVP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
well i'm not going to apologize for but GS officially makes us life wizards cooler then the other schools lolz


well i'm not going to apologize for but GS(The ability to revive from death) officially makes you life wizards necromancers (Death school) .

Sariana1337 wrote:
GS needs a 5% buff and no there does not need to be limitations on GS do any of the other schools have limitations on there spells no so why should life get limitations i for one will have at least 6 GS in my deck


GS needs a PvP ban and no it should not need to be used on PvP do any of the other schools can win after death no so why should life get privilege i against them have GS (extra lives) in deck.


open33 seriously dude what is your deal why do you hate on life wizards so much i'm starting to think that you just cant handle the awsomness that is the life wizard when it comes to fighting us in pvp so the best advice i can give you is roll ice man or make a life wizard

but playing a life wizard does take patience time and skill i'm level 74 and a pvp knight and i haven't used GS once but i am looking forward to getting the spell but you'r hate toward life wizards has got to stop its not a good image for you

not to mention hate in any form for any thing damages the soul and its not good for the body my guess is that you suffered a serious beating in pvp by a really good life wizard and you have been hating on us ever since

well it's time to let it go man pick your self up and get back in the ring but don't expect us life wizards to take it easy on you now if you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen pvp is not for every one some people just are not good at pvp some just need to work harder then others some are just playing the wrong school for the strategy they are trying to use but don't yet realize it what ever the case it's up to you to figure out whats wrong and why your not doing good in pvp

P.S there's no shame in asking for help

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
59
:P, try to get the GS wand as well? The one from Hydra Hoard, and team up with life wizards, or don't do 1v1? Guys, there are a million possibilities, just find them lol

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
well i'm not going to apologize for but GS officially makes us life wizards cooler then the other schools lolz


well i'm not going to apologize for but GS(The ability to revive from death) officially makes you life wizards necromancers (Death school) .

Sariana1337 wrote:
GS needs a 5% buff and no there does not need to be limitations on GS do any of the other schools have limitations on there spells no so why should life get limitations i for one will have at least 6 GS in my deck


GS needs a PvP ban and no it should not need to be used on PvP do any of the other schools can win after death no so why should life get privilege i against them have GS (extra lives) in deck.


open33 seriously dude what is your deal why do you hate on life wizards so much i'm starting to think that you just cant handle the awsomness that is the life wizard when it comes to fighting us in pvp so the best advice i can give you is roll ice man or make a life wizard

but playing a life wizard does take patience time and skill i'm level 74 and a pvp knight and i haven't used GS once but i am looking forward to getting the spell but you'r hate toward life wizards has got to stop its not a good image for you

not to mention hate in any form for any thing damages the soul and its not good for the body my guess is that you suffered a serious beating in pvp by a really good life wizard and you have been hating on us ever since

well it's time to let it go man pick your self up and get back in the ring but don't expect us life wizards to take it easy on you now if you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen pvp is not for every one some people just are not good at pvp some just need to work harder then others some are just playing the wrong school for the strategy they are trying to use but don't yet realize it what ever the case it's up to you to figure out whats wrong and why your not doing good in pvp

P.S there's no shame in asking for help


Wow three paragraphs about me hate life wizard. Its probably your last defense line to somehow protect GS. Since you just cannot counter my arguments. So you have to spread false rumors about me, that I hate life wizards. Your low discrediting tactics don't work on me.
just cant handle the awsomness that is the life wizard
Out of 6 of my wizards from different schools I have no life wizard. Yes, I definitely can't handle life awesomeness.
I have ice archmage wizard and I truly hate to PvP with him the fight may takes forever.
You saying:
but playing a life wizard does take patience time and skill i'm level 74 and a pvp knight and i haven't used GS once
Even though in previous response you said:
say no to GS being either further nerfed or completely removed from pvp as it is a vital part of our survival in pvp
If GS vital part of pvp how did you get pvp knight without it?

As it seems with each post I add more and more arguments and questions to you, but you ignoring them or answer for few somehow. Mostly you just bragging how good your school, skillful and awesome you are. Sometimes you attack people credibility since it the only thing you can do for you defense.

Last thing, please use some punctuation in your response it makes the reading harder.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
open33 wrote:
Pyrsik
Your post can fit any OP claims for any school. The chances that KI will change the whole PvP system are very small and I don't want to stuck will GS tanks hours of boring fight.


Wrong. My post is not the same as others. I address the heart of the problem,which is pvp itself. I am not debating the opinions pro/con of a single spell. If pvp itself was overhauled and set up properly,there would be a drastic decrease in posts about the problems caused .

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
158

queenlybluebean wrote:
It's true; I've done the research in these and the Central forums. Since CL... spells are nerfed due to PvP whining.


Well, of course spells will be 'reconsidered' (I hate the word nerfed) due to PvP. 
Obviously, no one is going to complain that their Sirens is doing too much damage to the NPC mobs..

"KI, my spell was way to powerful against that boss. Can you please reduce it?"

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

As I, and many other players have stated in the past - PvP has been, currently is, and always will be the most accurate method to determine a spells real balance in the game. Period.  

queenlybluebean wrote:
 It is also true that only about 15% of players classify as hard-core, professional PvPers. 


And you got this percentage from wizard101 central. 
Because every single player has a central account, right?
If the central poll said 15%, then gee, it must be accurate and speak for every player...

queenlybluebean wrote:
Those hard-core gamers are trying to take over the Spiral from the families who play the actual game


You always need to throw in that "family" remark, in many of your posts. Because single people, or teens, or retired elderly folks don't play, right? 
If you don't have a family your account will be banned. Families only!

I love your mentality on this lol
The bias is truly comical.
PvP players = the big bad wolves
PvE players = poor innocent victimized families huddled around the comp with their young'uns on their lap. 

Oh those poor families! Won't somebody think of the children!

queenlybluebean wrote:
 I've read several posts about how PvPers think they are the elite players, know more about spells, strategy, etc. 


They are, and they do. 

There's a reason why even on the wizard101 website, under the PvP heading, it states PvP is for honing and improving your skills in combat. The experience of fighting a human with a brain is much more strategy intensive than PvE. 

People who PvP are generally more prepared for what comes their way, and have a broad knowledge of strategy, that far surpasses the mindless point and clicking needed to win mob fights. 
This is hardly debatable. 

If you're still in doubt, and believe PvP'ers and PvEers are in the same league, please fight a warlord of any class and let me know how that works out for you - with your extensive PvE knowledge. 

queenlybluebean wrote:
You can keep that little corner of Unicorn Way, but the rest of the Spiral belongs to ALL of us, and most of us are casual family players. 


Ah the "F" word again. 

You, nor anyone else, are in the position to determine whether the majority of players are "family players" or not. 
It's nice that you confidently made that assumption, but this will always remain an unknown statistic. 
You can't be relying on the handful of central players to validate your point. 

Besides, don't you know that 50% of all statistics are false?..

queenlybluebean wrote:
Happy Researching to You


Not necessary, but thx. 

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
391
Snowyandspots wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
alright so this may seem very late to say but ill say it anyway. are you guys happy because gs was nerfed? do you even care about all the life wizards out there who loved to do pve and got this spell that helped them so much only to have it nerfed and made useless in pve. my guess is no you people only care about your own well being in pvp. idk if you say it was for the entire pvp community there was no one telling you guys to not ask ki to only nerf it in pvp or to just ban it from pvp. now if you cant beat gs then you need to get better at pvp. now for those of you who say that life wizards always beat you with gs even though you are warlords then hey you lost get over it. btw before i move on why dont you people ask yourselves, how often do you fight a life wizard in pvp compared to the other 6 shcools you will most likely fight instead. now i want to ask you guys a another question, what if it was your schools spell that was getting nerfed because of pvp complainers huh, would you care or would you join them in trying to get your own spell nerfed. thats all i have to say but i will say one more thing. i hope you guys have had fun aparently still getting killed by all the angry life wizards out there in pvp


Yes I am soooo happy about nerfing guardian spirit. Nerfing spells is what I live for. I just love watching those life wizards flounder in pvp as I crush them under my feet. It just helps boost my ego even more.

All joking aside you don't even need gs in PvE. Plenty of my life friends can get through the worlds without it. So get over it nothing is gonna change.
i know nothing will change but i was just asking you pvp complainers if you even care witch it seems you dont(i know that first part was sarcasam but still). oh and btw im gonna enjoy it when pvp wants your schools spell nerfed when the next world comes out(i wont be trying to get the spell nerfed myself because thats kinda mean lol) although that is a big if so well just have to wait and see.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Alright I will give you guys all the answers to the game... not.

For everyone who is making the claim the life wizards have the lowest damage in the game you are wrong. Ice has the lowest damage in the game. Most ice wizards will have around 26-35 damage while a life wizard will have around 55-60 damage boost. I see life has double the boosts ice has when it comes to attacks.

Life has many healing boosts along with some other decent hitting spells. Really when it comes to first turn advantage guardian spirit has not helped life at all. If the life is going second you have the power to control the bubble plus throw life dispels and infection. To counter healing while you kill them off. Once they come back you just end it with a 4 pip spell saying doom was up. If it wasn't up then end it with a 6 to 8 pip spell.

Guardian spirit I feel is a cheap move though I am not about to whine about it because it was already nerfed. It is how it is. Life is now more equaled out in pvp. If you wish to defeat them then do what I said in the past cast doom and gloom. If you get into a bubble war with the life throw some life dispels and infections so you don't have to deal with the bubble. Then when you are about to kill put one more bubble up and attack.

Before life had guardian spirit and they went first they still had about the same advantage since they are able to heal so much all they had to do was switch bubble then satyr. This would bring their health back up to max and the battle would start all over again. Nothing new has changed with life learn to time your attacks right.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
391
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
well i'm not going to apologize for but GS officially makes us life wizards cooler then the other schools lolz


well i'm not going to apologize for but GS(The ability to revive from death) officially makes you life wizards necromancers (Death school) .

Sariana1337 wrote:
GS needs a 5% buff and no there does not need to be limitations on GS do any of the other schools have limitations on there spells no so why should life get limitations i for one will have at least 6 GS in my deck


GS needs a PvP ban and no it should not need to be used on PvP do any of the other schools can win after death no so why should life get privilege i against them have GS (extra lives) in deck.


open33 seriously dude what is your deal why do you hate on life wizards so much i'm starting to think that you just cant handle the awsomness that is the life wizard when it comes to fighting us in pvp so the best advice i can give you is roll ice man or make a life wizard

but playing a life wizard does take patience time and skill i'm level 74 and a pvp knight and i haven't used GS once but i am looking forward to getting the spell but you'r hate toward life wizards has got to stop its not a good image for you

not to mention hate in any form for any thing damages the soul and its not good for the body my guess is that you suffered a serious beating in pvp by a really good life wizard and you have been hating on us ever since

well it's time to let it go man pick your self up and get back in the ring but don't expect us life wizards to take it easy on you now if you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen pvp is not for every one some people just are not good at pvp some just need to work harder then others some are just playing the wrong school for the strategy they are trying to use but don't yet realize it what ever the case it's up to you to figure out whats wrong and why your not doing good in pvp

P.S there's no shame in asking for help


Wow three paragraphs about me hate life wizard. Its probably your last defense line to somehow protect GS. Since you just cannot counter my arguments. So you have to spread false rumors about me, that I hate life wizards. Your low discrediting tactics don't work on me.
just cant handle the awsomness that is the life wizard
Out of 6 of my wizards from different schools I have no life wizard. Yes, I definitely can't handle life awesomeness.
I have ice archmage wizard and I truly hate to PvP with him the fight may takes forever.
You saying:
but playing a life wizard does take patience time and skill i'm level 74 and a pvp knight and i haven't used GS once
Even though in previous response you said:
say no to GS being either further nerfed or completely removed from pvp as it is a vital part of our survival in pvp
If GS vital part of pvp how did you get pvp knight without it?

As it seems with each post I add more and more arguments and questions to you, but you ignoring them or answer for few somehow. Mostly you just bragging how good your school, skillful and awesome you are. Sometimes you attack people credibility since it the only thing you can do for you defense.

Last thing, please use some punctuation in your response it makes the reading harder.
as my father always says its pointless to try to change someones mind(especially in your case). so i may not be able to make you see why your even a little bit wrong but i can ask you what you would do if it was your schools spell getting nerfed for pvp. what would you do huh would you go along with the nerf even though it could quite possibly be your new favorite spell(im talking about the next worlds spells) or would you try to defend it like everyone whoes life tried to defend gs.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
i'm sorry open but you have no right to talk to me about grammar no offense. but yours is much worse then mine and as to why i don't answer your questions. is simply put i'm done fighting with you talking to you is like arguing with a wall.
and like this wall you have absolutely nothing useful to say. all you do is pile up the counter productive questions. that you have such as removing GS from pvp

and as to why GS should not be removed from pvp. how about because it's not the heart of the problem when it comes to whats wrong with pvp.

further more death got a similar spell called sacrifice. that when used if they critical and there HP was low enough. it would kill them then bring them back to life. with allot more HP then they had before but no one whined about that

god forbid life get a new spell and it was only when life got a new spell. that every one like your self came out and started complaining. should sacrifice be removed from pvp as well. because it does the same thing as GS the only difference is. that correct me if i'm wrong but the death school get to keep there pips and blades and shields. and it can be used to revive a fellow wizard after they have been KOed.

now open33 dude i'm done talking to you i cant stand arguing with you any more. i avoid talking to you for good reason. i cant stand people like you. that is to say. based on what i have learned about you and based on reading your posts. what i get from every thing you say is that. while its okay for all your schools to get new spells. but do to the fact that life wizards are life wizards. we are not allowed to get new spells. we must always remain the same. so your not happy with life wizards getting GS news flash i don't care.
you your self don't add any valid reason as to why GS should be removed. from pvp your only reason is that it brings life wizards back to life and i can use it on my teammates and bring them back to life as well.

well guess what i can use a normal heal to bring my team back to life. your only problem with GS is that life wizards now have a self revive spell.
and are no longer limited to waiting for a heal from a team mate who is not. a life wizard and has not trained in the life school in which case. the fight is over for me and i should flee the fight

now Death schools sacrifice spell was not removed from pvp. nor was it limited to how many times they could use it or to how many they where allowed in there deck. there for GS should not be limited either you don't like it tough cookie i couldn't care less. you have nothing positive to say nor do you have any thing constructive to say. all you want is to get your way and nothing else matters. now that GS stands in your way like a wall in pvp you want to remove the obstacle. that stands before you rather then find a way around it.

now you strike me as the type of pvper that as long as your doing fine and winning and going unchallenged in pvp. every things dandy but as soon as a strong opponent comes in to the picture you freak out. and come to the forums and scream OP. rather then try and figure out their weaknesses cough doom & gloom cough. oh but wait that isn't good enough for you no you have have to have more. well stop being a selfish greedy pvper and get over it. i cant stand your greedy selfishness any more and i refuse to further speak to you unless you have either A a valid reason B some thing positive to say or C some thing constructive to say now while i have no problems with people who disagreeing with me but when that's all you do it becomes a problem

for now we will have to agree to disagree


Squire
Apr 18, 2010
588
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
QBB,

I would like to address a few of your statement…… and add that GS should not be removed from PVP, it’s fine as it currently is.
QBB, I suspect that you complain because you aren't invested in PvE. We have already had this discussion. Have you read the many forum posts about how PvP complainers are affecting the game for PvE players? You do realize that PvP is not the primary focus of Wizard 101, yes? You are aware the PvP was a secondary addition to the game, way back in the early days?

My Reply, How can anyone in PVP not be invested in PVE, please tell me that? Yes, I fully realized it was added back in 2009, but since every other game has added it, I would expect that KI deemed it a worthy addition. As a secondary addition, it has been neglected far more than any other part of the game. Yes, you are correct, PVE is the primary part of the game, but that is no reason for KI to neglect the PVP part. You may ask why not, why do we need PVP in the game. Let me state this, last Sat when I finally got home, both my brothers were on PVP. We did some quick calculations, and we had about 2,571 players in Ranked PVP. We had 1,942 players total in practice PVP. Think about, that is a lot of players that play this game. Whether that is 15% or 20% of the players that are on the game that night, it is still a large group.

QBB, As someone else said, make a life wizard and play as a Theurgist before you start demanding KI nerf our spells to placate PvPers who don't want to learn new strategies. It is clear that you have no respect for Theurgy, which makes it equally clear that you know nothing of why we might need a spell such as GS in PvE. Here's a novel idea: Learn to PvP with a Theurgist. Then maybe you can learn our weaknesses and a good strategy to win.

My Reply, Yes, I have a life wizard, and I have learned new Strategies with my other wizards. Now, please make a Fire or Storm wizard and bring them up to level 80 and try doing some PVP against a Life wizard. You will quickly understand why people are complaining on Life at this stage of the game.
------------------------------------------------------
QBB, Hate to give grief here, but @DarkestMask is correct; I, too, am very tired of these complaints from PvP players who don't care a bit about the game experience for the 85% of players who do not PvP. Stop being so self-centered; quest with a Therugist, learn something new.

My Reply, First, I have the highest respect for the DarkestMask, and have agreed with just about everything he has stated. Second, I have had many quests and friends that are Therugist, and I have learned how powerful they are. Questing and PVP have almost nothing in common, people seem to miss this. They also miss the point that if the spell is extremely strong in PVP, then it’s most likely very unfair in PVE for the enemy. Please run the Tower of the Helephant with a bunch of novice players (or just try it alone), to see the reverse idea of my point.

QBB, Surprise! So do you and the others who complain of PvE spells and get them nerfed for PvP. It's true; I've done the research in these and the Central forums. Since CL, the complaint/"fix" patters shows clearly that spells are nerfed due to PvP whining. It is also true that only about 15% of players classify as hard-core, professional PvPers.
My Reply, I have never seen on Fix that KI has done, that wasn’t needed in the game. If PVP players complained, and if enough complain, then KI will look at the issue. If and only if it’s a real problem, will KI fix it. In each and every case it was needed, and even the Buffs on spells that were added. A perfect example was when Colossus was boosted up to 560 hit, why because this spell was well under powered at Ice’s 34% gear boost. So, if enough of the PVP community whines, it’s because there is a real problem. Also, it does not matter what is posted on the Central forums, if KI has not stated it, it’s has no fact. On the other hand, I would like to see your research, and see the facts that you have to show. What I will ignore is Jimmy and Jane Wizard saying, “I feel” that this is a problem.

QBB, Those hard-core gamers are trying to take over the Spiral from the families who play the actual game, and they have done some real damage to the EQUITY among players in the game. I've read several posts about how PvPers think they are the elite players, know more about spells, strategy, etc. Those few voices are so very loud...What ego abounds!

My Reply, ok, so a few of the 15% hardcore players have an ego problem, and state their minds. Is that any reason to profile the other 14% of them, sorry I think not.

QBB, Really, have you read the extensive discussions about this problem? Search the forum archives for this summer, PvP, and PvE is Subservient to PvP. I guarantee you will learn something.

My Reply, Yes I have, and I know that the statement, the PVP group is running the game is false. It is simple because a large group of players cannot see the overall picture of what KI is doing in the game. Not only between Wizards in PVP, but in PVE, to start with look at the new gear setups and the new crafted gear. That will be the first clue, then look at each spells and what type of school it affects, that is the second clue, of many. This is what everyone seems to be missing, KI has a global plan in action, that many are missing.

QBB, You can keep that little corner of Unicorn Way, but the rest of the Spiral belongs to ALL of us, and most of us are casual family players.
My Reply, I hear ya, but can you back that up with any proof at all? Please show me where KI has posted this.

QBB, You are most welcome to attempt to provide research data to refute my claim. While you are at it, review the articles that explain how PvP tends to degrade the quality of game experience for casual players. Makes for some very interesting reading, especially as KI obviously hesitated to include PvP in Wizard101 at game launch. I do wish it had never been added.
My Reply, Anyone can claim anything they want, but without facts or proof it means nothing. I also expect that the only reason KI did not include PVP in the beginning, was just that it wasn’t ready yet. If it had not been added, I expect that there would be far fewer long term players. You have your wish, now mine, I wish PVE was a lot harder the at the higher levels, in all areas.

Your co-wizard,
Joe.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
Sariana1337
i'm sorry open but you have no right to talk to me about grammar no offense.
I just asked you I even said please, but you taking it right away to get offended.

Again you using your discrediting tactics. Fighting to find anything to trow on me any blame or false rumor. I understand it's much easier to offend others than give a reasonable solutions.
i'm done fighting with you talking to you is like arguing with a wall. sorry but you never gave any good solution to problem besides brag much and tell that you want to remove healing spells form every school except life and death with is the real vital part.

and as to why GS should not be removed from pvp. how about because it's not the heart of the problem when it comes to whats wrong with pvp.
You can say that about any OP spell KI may give to us.

further more death got a similar spell called sacrifice. Sacrifice not even close to that spell. Do you know the difference between active and passive spell? Sacrifice does not cause any problems if you think otherwise make complain with good explanation not just saying what you want.
When death school use sacrifices on himself and killing himself that way everything got removed and he start with one pip. Don't forget that the opponent didn't attacked yet and may use it to kill the defenseless death in one attack. The GS revive on opponent attack so his pips would be low too. In addition GS will heal more because life usually has very good heal boost.

Another false statement
Sariana1337 wrote:
you your self don't add any valid reason as to why GS should be removed. from pvp your only reason is that it brings life wizards back to life and i can use it on my teammates and bring them back to life as well.

open33 wrote:

We complain because we don't have any reasonable solution for the problem. I stated before why doom and gloom is not that good solution. Killing the opponents right after he been revived is very hard because I don't have enough pips for 1.5k hit. also consider I need blading and the wizard has some resist. It also very common that they put tower shields to get more time for super healing spell. After revive the life wizard within 1-2 turns can restore his health to max.


While you ignoring most of my responses i Usually trying to give you full response to your complaint. You have not respect to people who oppose you.
and are no longer limited to waiting for a heal from a team mate who is not. a life wizard and has not trained in the life school in which case. the fight is over for me and i should flee the fight
At 1v1 fight who is going to heal you. if you flee you lose.
now you strike me as the type of pvper that as long as your doing fine and winning and going unchallenged in pvp.
If you think the only challenge fighting life is GS than you very bad pvper.

rather then try and figure out their weaknesses cough doom & gloom cough.
Figure out? I already said why doom and gloom is a problem number of times. Have you every fought life wiz lvl80 using different school? or you just copy other ideas. As always you skipping most of responses so you clueless what other people said.

Sariana1337 wrote:
well stop being a selfish greedy pvper and get over it.

Here is clear demonstration how low you can go when people not do or agree with you.

My advise to you play with more than just life school before you make up things. Low lvl wizard doesn't count at least legendary.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
Oh Joe,

It is very nice to see you :) Unfortunately, you and I have gone round and round with this argument, and your position never changes. Since mine doesn't change either, we are at stalemate.

I do have an Archmage Pyromancer, btw, who has been very successful in PvP in the past. Since PvP is fundamentally broken at this time, I don't take any of my wizards into the public arena. I use my own private one :)

I also have: Legendary Balance, Legendary Death, Legendary Myth; in my own mind, that makes me quite well-versed in the game. I don't need a PvPer to dictate the terms of the game for me, nor do the other several million accomplished players of PvE.

Oh, Joe, we AGREE on one thing: I would love to see more difficult battles in higher level PvE worlds. I hate it when I can learn the rules and nullify the boss's cheats within the first or second instance. I want a real fight. Personally, I think Young Morganthe is a nice model for future bosses :) Ervin in Tower of the Helephant is another favorite, along with Luska in Waterworks.

One last thing: Joe, you mentioned around 4000 arena matches on a busy weekend night. Question: Out of 25 million wizards, what percentage does that group represent? Should we really change elements of the game for the other 24.6 million players to satisfy that small group?

@Loki,

You did a fine fine analysis of my post: (and used surpassing fine sarcasm as well)

Thank you for providing a sterling example of the elitist mindset I mentioned among PvPers. You show exactly what I was referencing in terms of EGO.

Regarding research: Central is not exactly a repository of data and fact. No, I actually did formal research and reviewed the main site forums for information. I would love to post relevant links to outside studies, but that's against the Terms of Use. Alas, this necessitates that you do your own research. I recommend Google Scholar :)

Back on the topic of Guardian Spirit: I never use the spell. Since it was NERFED to 15% for 5 pips (6 for me), it's never my choice to reviving a defeated teammate, and I don't usually find myself at such critically low health to need such a Hail Mary spell. There are other players who DO need the spell, and they have a right to use it whenever and wherever they choose, as their combat styles dictate.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb


Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
391
loki1201 wrote:

queenlybluebean wrote:
It's true; I've done the research in these and the Central forums. Since CL... spells are nerfed due to PvP whining.


Well, of course spells will be 'reconsidered' (I hate the word nerfed) due to PvP. 
Obviously, no one is going to complain that their Sirens is doing too much damage to the NPC mobs..

"KI, my spell was way to powerful against that boss. Can you please reduce it?"

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

As I, and many other players have stated in the past - PvP has been, currently is, and always will be the most accurate method to determine a spells real balance in the game. Period.  

queenlybluebean wrote:
 It is also true that only about 15% of players classify as hard-core, professional PvPers. 


And you got this percentage from wizard101 central. 
Because every single player has a central account, right?
If the central poll said 15%, then gee, it must be accurate and speak for every player...

queenlybluebean wrote:
Those hard-core gamers are trying to take over the Spiral from the families who play the actual game


You always need to throw in that "family" remark, in many of your posts. Because single people, or teens, or retired elderly folks don't play, right? 
If you don't have a family your account will be banned. Families only!

I love your mentality on this lol
The bias is truly comical.
PvP players = the big bad wolves
PvE players = poor innocent victimized families huddled around the comp with their young'uns on their lap. 

Oh those poor families! Won't somebody think of the children!

queenlybluebean wrote:
 I've read several posts about how PvPers think they are the elite players, know more about spells, strategy, etc. 


They are, and they do. 

There's a reason why even on the wizard101 website, under the PvP heading, it states PvP is for honing and improving your skills in combat. The experience of fighting a human with a brain is much more strategy intensive than PvE. 

People who PvP are generally more prepared for what comes their way, and have a broad knowledge of strategy, that far surpasses the mindless point and clicking needed to win mob fights. 
This is hardly debatable. 

If you're still in doubt, and believe PvP'ers and PvEers are in the same league, please fight a warlord of any class and let me know how that works out for you - with your extensive PvE knowledge. 

queenlybluebean wrote:
You can keep that little corner of Unicorn Way, but the rest of the Spiral belongs to ALL of us, and most of us are casual family players. 


Ah the "F" word again. 

You, nor anyone else, are in the position to determine whether the majority of players are "family players" or not. 
It's nice that you confidently made that assumption, but this will always remain an unknown statistic. 
You can't be relying on the handful of central players to validate your point. 

Besides, don't you know that 50% of all statistics are false?..

queenlybluebean wrote:
Happy Researching to You


Not necessary, but thx. 
ok first of all over 20,000,000 people play this game and considering you`ll only see about 6000 people playing pvp at once(ranked and pratice combined) its pretty obvious only about 1% of the people who play this game take pvp serious while others who may play it only davle in it while they wait. now as for pvp being the base of all spells well that would be a dim wit move on KIs part. because if that is so then why put taunt, pacify, mass prisim, ect into the game if they only get you killed in pvp hmm? now granted there are also spells meant for only pvp(a lot of people veiw that as a way pvp has controll over pve witch you say pvp should). but seriouls only god knowes what our spells would be like if they trully were only made based on pvp otherwise why even have pve in the game why not just have us level up in pvp to get better gear and spells cause that sure would be an adventure wouldnt it. as for pvp limiting pve i i think its a little bit balanced for now and heres why. on pvps side thankfully the mob health, spell damage(our spells), our health for both pvp and pve and everything else is all balanced in a way. now on pves side pvp does have a noticable controll over our spells. i mean just look at some of the spells that came out with avalon, snowdrift, detonate, shift, ect. those spells seem to be pretty pvp exclusive to me. also the pve communtity has yet to see any gear better than ww gear and i expect that is because of pvp again granted ww gear might be a bit op but still. now i dont like how you went off on Qbb all she is trying to do is help ki keep this game fun for family player(including the non hard core players) while keeping it fun for those hard core gammers as well granted they do have call of duty, halo, ect(plz take note im not saying serious gamers should quit this game in any way at all). now i hope you read this and aknowledge my opinions and facts instead of just reading it and start typing a post to make my opinion sound pathetic like some people would. granted i did kind of do that to your post but i tried to aknowledge your opinion while telling mine own so sorry about that. but anyways i look foward to your post

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
29
This post may be a little late but seriously i am sick and tired of people complaining about this spell i have it from a wand i got from a hydra hoard pack and i am sure you can get it too. The thing is people complain about things they dont have and want. So if you want the spell buy the pack and try for the wand or make a life wiz its simple people. This is not aimed to be rude just saying :p

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
Jsisters wrote:
This post may be a little late but seriously i am sick and tired of people complaining about this spell i have it from a wand i got from a hydra hoard pack and i am sure you can get it too. The thing is people complain about things they dont have and want. So if you want the spell buy the pack and try for the wand or make a life wiz its simple people. This is not aimed to be rude just saying :p


I have boots with this spell and there is no way I going to use this spell or boots. What is the point to make everyone immortal in pvp?
If a healer fail to heal himself and die he should lose, like everyone else.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
open33 wrote:
Jsisters wrote:
This post may be a little late but seriously i am sick and tired of people complaining about this spell i have it from a wand i got from a hydra hoard pack and i am sure you can get it too. The thing is people complain about things they dont have and want. So if you want the spell buy the pack and try for the wand or make a life wiz its simple people. This is not aimed to be rude just saying :p


I have boots with this spell and there is no way I going to use this spell or boots. What is the point to make everyone immortal in pvp?
If a healer fail to heal himself and die he should lose, like everyone else.


Open you are a PvPer. I hate PvPers. And you are not going to give up until they ban this spell. They already nerfed it for you. What else do you want? 1% health coming back to life? How would you like it if they start banning and nerfing YOUR spells?

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
and he has calls me selfish on top of that he has this misguided idea that i'm trying to make life wizards gods

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
gtafreak101 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Jsisters wrote:
This post may be a little late but seriously i am sick and tired of people complaining about this spell i have it from a wand i got from a hydra hoard pack and i am sure you can get it too. The thing is people complain about things they dont have and want. So if you want the spell buy the pack and try for the wand or make a life wiz its simple people. This is not aimed to be rude just saying :p


I have boots with this spell and there is no way I going to use this spell or boots. What is the point to make everyone immortal in pvp?
If a healer fail to heal himself and die he should lose, like everyone else.


Open you are a PvPer. I hate PvPers. And you are not going to give up until they ban this spell. They already nerfed it for you. What else do you want? 1% health coming back to life? How would you like it if they start banning and nerfing YOUR spells?


If you hate so my pvpers than what are you doing here on pvpers forum?
Some people don't like pvp, so it's okay. In general people who hate pvpers mean that they don't know how to lose in honor. Instead they calling people bad names.
Maybe you didn't notice since you hate pvpers and probably their posts, but most of complaints are about two topics GS spell and ice resistance. If many people complain maybe there is something wrong about it. Don't try to point out to different direction to confuse people or make hate responses on this forum.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1025
My thoughts on this issue. I was one of the players on central clamoring for a change to the original guardian spirit. That being said, I do not support a ban of guardian spirit from the arena or of any spell for that matter. While the nerf of Guardian Spirit is not ideal(no boost applied solution would have been better or even a counter spell available to PvPers), it is sufficient for now. I do not support a ban on any spell or TC of a spell because it leads to a stagnation in the arena. PvPers need to grow and change just as PvE players do. Banning spells is counter productive to continuous growth and adaptation thats is a hallmark of this game experience. Even the banning of treasure cards from PvP is galling to me. Consider this, in the case of Talos and Insane Bolt: storm and myth are 2 schools with access to nearly all spells in the game in various forms but yet other schools are unable to use two of their spells. At the same time these schools are limited in that myth cannot have tc of their minion in the side deck and storm cannot use natural insane bolts. Unfair all around. The farthest KI should go with tc banning should be via lvl limiting said cards.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
FatesKin wrote:
My thoughts on this issue. I was one of the players on central clamoring for a change to the original guardian spirit. That being said, I do not support a ban of guardian spirit from the arena or of any spell for that matter. While the nerf of Guardian Spirit is not ideal(no boost applied solution would have been better or even a counter spell available to PvPers), it is sufficient for now. I do not support a ban on any spell or TC of a spell because it leads to a stagnation in the arena. PvPers need to grow and change just as PvE players do. Banning spells is counter productive to continuous growth and adaptation thats is a hallmark of this game experience. Even the banning of treasure cards from PvP is galling to me. Consider this, in the case of Talos and Insane Bolt: storm and myth are 2 schools with access to nearly all spells in the game in various forms but yet other schools are unable to use two of their spells. At the same time these schools are limited in that myth cannot have tc of their minion in the side deck and storm cannot use natural insane bolts. Unfair all around. The farthest KI should go with tc banning should be via lvl limiting said cards.


If GS would ban from pvp than no need to nurf the spell for pve and it could go for 25% as it used to be.
I not see how exactly banning very specific spell will lead stagnation in the arena.
KI ban spells for very specific reasons. You need to understand that spells that made for pve maybe very OP for pvp. But not the opposite. No one will complain for OP pve spell.
Banning spells is counter productive to continuous growth and adaptation thats is a hallmark of this game experience.
Banning the right spells balance the game. If one class getting significant advantage than its fair to re-balance it.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
open33 wrote:
FatesKin wrote:
My thoughts on this issue. I was one of the players on central clamoring for a change to the original guardian spirit. That being said, I do not support a ban of guardian spirit from the arena or of any spell for that matter. While the nerf of Guardian Spirit is not ideal(no boost applied solution would have been better or even a counter spell available to PvPers), it is sufficient for now. I do not support a ban on any spell or TC of a spell because it leads to a stagnation in the arena. PvPers need to grow and change just as PvE players do. Banning spells is counter productive to continuous growth and adaptation thats is a hallmark of this game experience. Even the banning of treasure cards from PvP is galling to me. Consider this, in the case of Talos and Insane Bolt: storm and myth are 2 schools with access to nearly all spells in the game in various forms but yet other schools are unable to use two of their spells. At the same time these schools are limited in that myth cannot have tc of their minion in the side deck and storm cannot use natural insane bolts. Unfair all around. The farthest KI should go with tc banning should be via lvl limiting said cards.


If GS would ban from pvp than no need to nurf the spell for pve and it could go for 25% as it used to be.
I not see how exactly banning very specific spell will lead stagnation in the arena.
KI ban spells for very specific reasons. You need to understand that spells that made for pve maybe very OP for pvp. But not the opposite. No one will complain for OP pve spell.
Banning spells is counter productive to continuous growth and adaptation thats is a hallmark of this game experience.
Banning the right spells balance the game. If one class getting significant advantage than its fair to re-balance it.


did any of the other schools get any of there spells banned? no? then why should life get a spell banned?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
391
alright from reading this i have decided to finally post about this topic again. first i wanna talk about open and sariana. open you seem to beleive that banning gs from pvp would fix all your hard battles(witch it wont). to me it seems like your trying to talk for the entire pvp community(witch one person should not be doing requardless of what was said before) and even though they nerfed the spell its still not good enough for you. in your last post you stated that the nerf was a good thing for pve as well(not in those exact words but thats what you meant) but thats not the case. just because gs can beat you in pvp doesnt mean that it kicks but in pve. now sure it was lifes go to move but all schools have a spell like that(for me its backdraft). to put it shortly of how it doesnt make you invincible in pve, enemies critical a lot, they spam spells, you lose everything on you when you die. now if those arnt good enough reasons well, i havent died once in avalon thanks to backdraft. does that mean its OP, does that mean it needs to be nerded? i would hope not because i only lived because i have skills and awesome spells.

now sar(i hope shortening your name doesnt offend you) your ideas while interesting they would make life kinda op in pvp. as for pve i would certaintly hate haveing to find a death or life wizard to heal me while im hammering young morganith(or doing anything else for that matter) while i dont beleive banning gs and banning healing from other schools is a good solution i do think it would be fair if life got something new for pvp something that you can win with but wont make pvp community complain.

as for banning gs i think that banning any spell is a bad idea unless it just turns the tide of battle from 10% chance of winning to 100% chance of winning(or something around that).

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
My, I have been gone from these forums too long.

Okay, first off, to anyone of any school claiming to want a spell Banned from PvP, try this on for size.

If you are Fire, all DOTs are Banned.
If you are Ice, your Resistance is Banned.
If you are Storm, your Boost is Banned.
If you are Myth, your piercing is Banned.
If you are Death, your Drains are Banned.
If you are Balance, Judgment & Traps are banned.

Now, who in their right mind would want to ban things? If you start banning from one school, it's only fair to ban from all schools.

The problem is, people dont want to think and strategize, they just want to cry, whine, and complain to get things changed, nerfed, or banned.

So, here is some cheese, figure out a way to defeat the spell, because now that I am here to defend the spell from ever being banned, you might try and spend your time a bit more wisely and actually think of a strategy.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1025
open33 wrote:
FatesKin wrote:
My thoughts on this issue. I was one of the players on central clamoring for a change to the original guardian spirit. That being said, I do not support a ban of guardian spirit from the arena or of any spell for that matter. While the nerf of Guardian Spirit is not ideal(no boost applied solution would have been better or even a counter spell available to PvPers), it is sufficient for now. I do not support a ban on any spell or TC of a spell because it leads to a stagnation in the arena. PvPers need to grow and change just as PvE players do. Banning spells is counter productive to continuous growth and adaptation thats is a hallmark of this game experience. Even the banning of treasure cards from PvP is galling to me. Consider this, in the case of Talos and Insane Bolt: storm and myth are 2 schools with access to nearly all spells in the game in various forms but yet other schools are unable to use two of their spells. At the same time these schools are limited in that myth cannot have tc of their minion in the side deck and storm cannot use natural insane bolts. Unfair all around. The farthest KI should go with tc banning should be via lvl limiting said cards.


If GS would ban from pvp than no need to nurf the spell for pve and it could go for 25% as it used to be.
I not see how exactly banning very specific spell will lead stagnation in the arena.
KI ban spells for very specific reasons. You need to understand that spells that made for pve maybe very OP for pvp. But not the opposite. No one will complain for OP pve spell.
Banning spells is counter productive to continuous growth and adaptation thats is a hallmark of this game experience.
Banning the right spells balance the game. If one class getting significant advantage than its fair to re-balance it.


What you point out is precisely the reason i do not support banning spells in PvP. KI needs to design spells that are balanced throughout the game. Simply creating OP spells and then banning them from PvP kicks the problem down the road and will eventually lead to stagnation in the arena. If a spell is OP for any reason, the right solution is to edit or change said spell, not leave it in its OP form and ban it from the arena.

How is banning a spell balancing the game? If a spell is OP it needs to be readjusted. Simply banning a spell will create disparities in the arena. How is it fair to ban one of life's Avalon spells? It is not fair at all and simply creates further game imbalances. Yes if a school is getting significant advantage it is indeed necessary to readjust, hence the change to guardian spirit, wild bolt, sirens etc. However, a blanket ban is an oversimplified solution that does not address the root problem at hand.