Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Banning Guardian Spirit Spell from PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2011
Who agrees with me, in saying that the new life spell "Guardian-Spirit" is helpful in dueling but not in PVP! In PVP the goal is to kill all the players, but if a life wizard uses that on all his teammates it creates an un-fair advantage. Not saying it's a bad spell, just un-fair in PVP. Who agrees?

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Lets ban Life wizards all together then! First, lets lower it to make it almost useless, then we'll just ban Life and make them cry. Muahaha, I like your thinking...

Do you also want to ban all the new spells in PvP? So many things can be used to counter Guardian Spirit, it's not even funny. In PvP the goal is to win with a diverse strategy. Now diverse may be a big word because sometimes Life wizards may spam this spell, but you can train life dispels, gloom and doom, infection, etc.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Jackson4568 wrote:
Who agrees with me, in saying that the new life spell "Guardian-Spirit" is helpful in dueling but not in PVP! In PVP the goal is to kill all the players, but if a life wizard uses that on all his teammates it creates an un-fair advantage. Not saying it's a bad spell, just un-fair in PVP. Who agrees?

It is helpful... a little to helpful though.

I direct you to this earlier post about guardian spirit, because i dont need to see another one appearing on the message boards, sorry

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49236.ftl

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Sure, lets first nerf it, ban what life is good at, then what's next? Ooh, I know, ban every life spell since we all seem to be interested in killing what life is good at! Think of it more like a satyr in reserve from a minion you don't seem to notice. When they die, the minion simply heals them. Doom and gloom to keep their pips down. It is a very simple way to counter it along with life dispel, spirit defuse, and an occasional mighty judgement. So simple to counter for such a little pip cost.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Lets ban Life wizards all together then! First, lets lower it to make it almost useless, then we'll just ban Life and make them cry. Muahaha, I like your thinking...

Do you also want to ban all the new spells in PvP? So many things can be used to counter Guardian Spirit, it's not even funny. In PvP the goal is to win with a diverse strategy. Now diverse may be a big word because sometimes Life wizards may spam this spell, but you can train life dispels, gloom and doom, infection, etc.

Lol what are you talking about there is only one spell that counters guardian spirit, and that is doom and gloom. When the person dies is when the healing is calculated, and since they died anything on them is cleared off. So both infection and life dispel would be useless.

So apparently having one counter isn't even funny I personally hate this spell since if I go second against a life wizard then I will easily lose due to not being able to control the bubble. Guardian spirit will just bring them back to life and I will have to go and try to keep the healing under control.

When doom is up then gs isn't any good. Most life's I fight that use gs in doom get around 300 health which I can kill them with a low lvl spell.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
what is wrong with you non life people its bad enough that KI has given the ability heal to all other schools taking away what made life unique then because you simple don't like life wizards our newest spell GS gets nerfed down simplely because you guys and by you guys i mean every one else who is not a life wizard want to be the only ones with great spells its really selfish if you ask me but now you want to remove it from pvp hows this for an idea Remove all healing ability from all other schools but life and death this way life gets its uniqueness back and all the other schools are no longer OP when it comes to
a life wizard fighting you then and only then will i agree to removing GS from pvp

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
SantaIceBurg wrote:

Lol what are you talking about there is only one spell that counters guardian spirit, and that is doom and gloom. When the person dies is when the healing is calculated, and since they died anything on them is cleared off. So both infection and life dispel would be useless.

So apparently having one counter isn't even funny I personally hate this spell since if I go second against a life wizard then I will easily lose due to not being able to control the bubble. Guardian spirit will just bring them back to life and I will have to go and try to keep the healing under control.

When doom is up then gs isn't any good. Most life's I fight that use gs in doom get around 300 health which I can kill them with a low lvl spell.

The infection does not activate until a heal is used, you are right, but if yu can prevent them from using the spell in the first place by using the life dispel, then you are golden. Just one hit them and you have no problem

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
what is wrong with you non life people

Their problem is that they are usually PvPers who don't care a bit about the PvE players.

We've already had this discussion about GS, about 2 months ago. What next? Should KI further nerf the spell so it will do 5% of heal for 5 pips?

LOLZ, Complainers: Go play PvE as a Theurgist before begging to have a life spell nerfed.

As stated numerous times before: PvP is not more important than PvE in the Great Spiral. Never has been, never will be.

Cheese, anyone?

Qbb/Iridian, Archmage Theurgist

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
What most people fail to realize is that it is not a particular spell that ruins pvp, the problem is pvp itself. Contrary to what many have said, pvp is not broken. Being broken implies that it was once working,and now does not. Pvp was never set-up properly,thus the flood of incessant complaints,that will only grow,as the game continues to grow. The only real solution is a complete overhaul of pvp from top to bottom. Of course then the people who love to exploit pvp the way it is now,will then complain because of the fair model being implemented. .So in answer to your post, the spell is fine,it does what it was intended to do,despite it being needlessly nerfed. Address your complaints to the real problem,which is pvp itself.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
What most people fail to realize is that it is not a particular spell that ruins pvp, the problem is pvp itself. Contrary to what many have said, pvp is not broken. Being broken implies that it was once working,and now does not. Pvp was never set-up properly,thus the flood of incessant complaints,that will only grow,as the game continues to grow. The only real solution is a complete overhaul of pvp from top to bottom. Of course then the people who love to exploit pvp the way it is now,will then complain because of the fair model being implemented. .So in answer to your post, the spell is fine,it does what it was intended to do,despite it being needlessly nerfed. Address your complaints to the real problem,which is pvp itself.

Well said. I fully agree.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:

i couldn't agree more

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Jackson4568 wrote:

I really crying out loud on this one ( You got triage - the Mass Triage that kills rank 7 - 8 -9 spell i.e. Bonedrake 8 pip Fire Dragon 7 Volcano 9 Frost Angel 8 so why cry over a sprite that wont help ya anyways !

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Pyrsik wrote:

Well said brother. Life wizards need respect!

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
SantaIceBurg wrote:

The infection does not activate until a heal is used, you are right, but if yu can prevent them from using the spell in the first place by using the life dispel, then you are golden. Just one hit them and you have no problem

Easier said then done. Since gs came out a lot of lifes like to use it so they now create a tank deck. The thing with dispel is you cant always guess when they will use gs. I think the limit of life dispels in a deck is like 6 or 7. Saying I have a life mastery(which I don't since I am death I prefer myth) I would have to wait possibly two turns before I use a dispel. Going second this wouldn't work at all, if I went first I already have a plan to counter gs(doom and gloom). Saying I did have a life mastery I would have 6 chances to get it right and that is saying I get a dispel right off the bat.

Since these lifes have gs they like being more of a tank so that means more shields, weakness, and possibly dispels. Also since life doesn't need a life mastery they probably will have a myth mastery so that means eathquake so it wouldn't be possible to build for a one hit ko. Yes I could use myth dispel but in turn they could use cleanse charm and so I just wasted 2 pips and they wasted none.

Simply one hit kills aren't easy to pull off unless the enemy is not shielding, weaknessing, dispelling, earthing, stealing charms, or anything else.

So next time please don't state use a dispel because they really aren't the best solution and in reality they work best going first. Also a lot of pets have may cast sprite, and may cast unicorn so the dispel could be destroyed because of the pet.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
zosohemi wrote:
Jackson4568 wrote:

I really crying out loud on this one ( You got triage - the Mass Triage that kills rank 7 - 8 -9 spell i.e. Bonedrake 8 pip Fire Dragon 7 Volcano 9 Frost Angel 8 so why cry over a sprite that wont help ya anyways !

zosohemi he is not complaining about the minion that life gets which is called sprite guardian our new spell called guardian spirit bring us back from the dead once defeated so that we may continue the fight at 15% HP but we can boost the healing it does upon resurrection with healing boosters such as blinding light brilliant light bonus inc heals and sanctuary

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Yes, I can agree it can be annoying in PvPs, but other schools have high points, and Life's high point is Guardian Spirit, because now treasure cards are available to make healing to anyone, even non-life Wizards.

- Savannah LifeHunter, Level 57 Theurgist

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
There is a problem with GS.There is no real counter to it besides doom and gloom. So far we could remove all the spells: like shields, blades and traps. This spell is impossible to remove. As you all notice the spell is actually summons a minion that resurrect you after been killed. Why we cannot kill the summon? Why we cannot remove the GS effect like all other spells?
The post stated a problem with the spell. However non of you life wizards gave any reasonable solution to the problem. How to counter the spell? Doom and gloom could be good only if you start fight first. But if life goes first he will get much better control and remove doom and gloom. Dispels are matter of guessing when the GS will be cast? The only works when life starts second.

Sariana1337, SantaIceBurg and dodgeballking
From your posts I can understand that you never fought against a true pvp archmage life wizard as other school. You don't understand the problem at all. Go fight some archmage life wizards while you using different school. When the life opponent has crazy healing boost spamming GS, healing and sanctuary, gnomes spell prevent the healing. Than give your opinion is it really possible to defeat them? How? and how much time it took you? Sariana1337: Yes you can say like with your post with "i know ices weakness" that you know how but you don't want to tell I think you just don't know. You against it because you life and that's about it.

Pyrsik
Your post can fit any OP claims for any school. The chances that KI will change the whole PvP system are very small and I don't want to stuck will GS tanks hours of boring fight. If life enjoy fighting forever good for them but some people don't. If life dies like 4-5 times in 1v1 fight and wins killing his opponent only once I think there is something wrong here.

Follow the rule when your life reach zero you lose.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
open33 wrote:
There is a problem with GS.There is no real counter to it besides doom and gloom. So far we could remove all the spells: like shields, blades and traps. This spell is impossible to remove. As you all notice the spell is actually summons a minion that resurrect you after been killed. Why we cannot kill the summon? Why we cannot remove the GS effect like all other spells?
The post stated a problem with the spell. However non of you life wizards gave any reasonable solution to the problem. How to counter the spell? Doom and gloom could be good only if you start fight first. But if life goes first he will get much better control and remove doom and gloom. Dispels are matter of guessing when the GS will be cast? The only works when life starts second.

From your posts I can understand that you never fought against a true pvp archmage life wizard as other school. You don't understand the problem at all. Go fight some archmage life wizards while you using different school. When the life opponent has crazy healing boost spamming GS, healing and sanctuary, gnomes spell prevent the healing. Than give your opinion is it really possible to defeat them? How? and how much time it took you? Sariana1337: Yes you can say like with your post with "i know ices weakness" that you know how but you don't want to tell I think you just don't know. You against it because you life and that's about it.

Pyrsik
Your post can fit any OP claims for any school. The chances that KI will change the whole PvP system are very small and I don't want to stuck will GS tanks hours of boring fight. If life enjoy fighting forever good for them but some people don't. If life dies like 4-5 times in 1v1 fight and wins killing his opponent only once I think there is something wrong here.

i do know ices weakness however i wont give it out because my 2v2 partner is ice and i happen to be a level 65 pvp knight life wizard

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
open33 wrote:

Pyrsik

lol i have beaten 50+ archmage life wizards and it is so simple to defeat them. Us your own new spells to defeat them with little hesitaion as to what they can do. As to the many posts i see about them they are very predictable. If they are so predictable then why can't you just easily see the problem? a single dispel will take a life down so hard when times even early. dispel can counter a sanctuary and so you can dispel, doom dispel, hit and the life is helpless. stacking pips is such an easy way to take them down so that while they can't even attack you you are building up blades and pips easy enough to take them down with very little skill needed. there are too many ways to counter this and simply you are just too young to figure this out. Guardian spirit needs to be back to normal and by banning it from pvp is such an evil thing to do. It is basically saying that you can have your enfeeble, healing current, mana burn, supernova, push, cooldown, snow drift, bad juju, mass infection, detonate, and even backdraft, but we can't even have our one little spell that finally can't be completely destroyed and made useless by an infection + doom and gloom combo. and even with a mass infection on it a simple satyr would only get maybe 100 max on that. Our ONE good healing spell that finally could only be countered by one thing and still be made useful has been nerfed and is now being asked to be banned from pvp! this is crazy as now life now has one good heal that can't be rendered completely useless is now completely useless. You sicken me how first you nerf it and then you STILL want to ban it!

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
while i do know the answer to your question i can not give it to you so instead i will ask you this if you are fighting in a war would you tell your enemy's your weaknesses to give them an edge over you? and beating a GS archmage life while not easy is doable and will take time i say about an 30 minutes to an hour depending on how you and said other player play there cards and there strategys

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
dodgeballking wrote:
open33 wrote:

Pyrsik

lol i have beaten 50+ archmage life wizards and it is so simple to defeat them. Us your own new spells to defeat them with little hesitaion as to what they can do. As to the many posts i see about them they are very predictable. If they are so predictable then why can't you just easily see the problem? a single dispel will take a life down so hard when times even early. dispel can counter a sanctuary and so you can dispel, doom dispel, hit and the life is helpless. stacking pips is such an easy way to take them down so that while they can't even attack you you are building up blades and pips easy enough to take them down with very little skill needed. there are too many ways to counter this and simply you are just too young to figure this out. Guardian spirit needs to be back to normal and by banning it from pvp is such an evil thing to do. It is basically saying that you can have your enfeeble, healing current, mana burn, supernova, push, cooldown, snow drift, bad juju, mass infection, detonate, and even backdraft, but we can't even have our one little spell that finally can't be completely destroyed and made useless by an infection + doom and gloom combo. and even with a mass infection on it a simple satyr would only get maybe 100 max on that. Our ONE good healing spell that finally could only be countered by one thing and still be made useful has been nerfed and is now being asked to be banned from pvp! this is crazy as now life now has one good heal that can't be rendered completely useless is now completely useless. You sicken me how first you nerf it and then you STILL want to ban it!

First: archmage is a wizard at lvl 80 not 50+ fighting that low lvls is not even a question.
Second you the first person who said that defeat archmage life wizard is easy while other people complains about them been OP because of GS. Maybe you never faced 80lvl life opponent 1v1?
Third: "a single dispel will take a life down so hard when times even early." Its obviously a joke? I want to see it how you going to beat a lvl80 life wizard with single dispel. Consider that dispel may work with perfect timing guessing the opponent next move assuming that you start first. If i keep dispelling there is no way to get enough pips for attack.
Just to remind you when life got revived by GS all charms and wards got removed including dispels. Usually in that case I have not enough pips to make attack right away.
Fourth: I will be glad to exchange any of my Avalon spells for GS
Fifth: Infection is not real problem for PvP life wizard even Sariana1337 at lvl 62 can heal with satyr over 4000 health, besides infection sometimes got break by pet spritely and of course "Cleanse Charm" I have lots of TC of that spell. Doom and gloom can be easy removed. I need to spam a lot of that or make a perfect timing which could be achieved only if I start first.
Sixth: building up blades is not that easy and time consuming. Simple weakness and shield will reduce the damage to nothing besides all blades could be removed.

My conclusion is that you pvp as life wizard and all you want is just easy wins. Since your solutions are completely old and helpless. Even solutions to beat ice wizard are much better than that.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
open33 wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
open33 wrote:

Pyrsik

First: archmage is a wizard at lvl 80 not 50+ fighting that low lvls is not even a question.
Second you the first person who said that defeat archmage life wizard is easy while other people complains about them been OP because of GS. Maybe you never faced 80lvl life opponent 1v1?
Third: "a single dispel will take a life down so hard when times even early." Its obviously a joke? I want to see it how you going to beat a lvl80 life wizard with single dispel. Consider that dispel may work with perfect timing guessing the opponent next move assuming that you start first. If i keep dispelling there is no way to get enough pips for attack.
Just to remind you when life got revived by GS all charms and wards got removed including dispels. Usually in that case I have not enough pips to make attack right away.
Fourth: I will be glad to exchange any of my Avalon spells for GS
Fifth: Infection is not real problem for PvP life wizard even Sariana1337 at lvl 62 can heal with satyr over 4000 health, besides infection sometimes got break by pet spritely and of course "Cleanse Charm" I have lots of TC of that spell. Doom and gloom can be easy removed. I need to spam a lot of that or make a perfect timing which could be achieved only if I start first.
Sixth: building up blades is not that easy and time consuming. Simple weakness and shield will reduce the damage to nothing besides all blades could be removed.

My conclusion is that you pvp as life wizard and all you want is just easy wins. Since your solutions are completely old and helpless. Even solutions to beat ice wizard are much better than that.

correction i am now level 67 and my satyr critical's for 9500

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
People like you are ruining this game, just because a problem arises doesn't mean everyone should just complain instead of fine a way around it. You can always prepare to attack right after they revive, use doom and gloom before you kill them. Gs has also been lowered to 15% making the revive only to about 1.5k health so grow up not even that spell makes life special anymore since everyone can have it. Everything from life is open to everyone including rebirth and unicorn its absolutely ridiculous.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
People like you are ruining this game, just because a problem arises doesn't mean everyone should just complain instead of fine a way around it. You can always prepare to attack right after they revive, use doom and gloom before you kill them. Gs has also been lowered to 15% making the revive only to about 1.5k health so grow up not even that spell makes life special anymore since everyone can have it. Everything from life is open to everyone including rebirth and unicorn its absolutely ridiculous.

We complain because we don't have any reasonable solution for the problem. I stated before why doom and gloom is not that good solution. Killing the opponents right after he been revived is very hard because I don't have enough pips for 1.5k hit. also consider I need blading and the wizard has some resist. It also very common that they put tower shields to get more time for super healing spell. After revive the life wizard within 1-2 turns can restore his health to max.
If you never fought a lvl 80 high rank life wizard please don't put theoretical solution you think may work but you never tested.
The only think I agree with you that this spell does make life special. Now they can die unlimited number of times and still win by making only one single kill.