Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance referred to weak

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Wait, what? 2 pip Hydra? 2 pip Chimera? I'm Balance, and you most likely know that. Would you like getting dealt with almost 2000 damage every round with Chimera? You're practically saying that Balance is pure weak to reduce a spell by 7 pips! I appreciate you for trying to boost Balance, but I don't need boost ups to win. I'm my own person, perfectly fit with Balance, use it well, defend myself well. I always use vengeance before I use Availing Hands, a basic strategy. Even with the most basic tools, Balance can do big damage/defend big/heal 2000!

A 2 pip hydra would deal 60 damage a head, not 190. Upon further contemplation, I think a 3 pip one would be a little more balanced (90 damage a head.) It would be a whole separate spell, maybe from a side world or something.

It's really easy to see that most Balance wizards are weak if they complained that Chimera is too weak. I don't think that 930+81% is weak. There are many biased results for each school. The weak and the strong have their own saying. I don't think that Balance needs a new bubble just now. KI has more plans for us.

The problem with chimera isn't that it's weak, it's that there is no way to clear the spirit shields making it weak.

Shatter to clear the shields proves that balance relies on out of school spells, whereas schools like myth and fire don't. This fact proves that balance is weaker then those schools, as they have all the tools they need in school, balance doesn't.

Too many people complain about Balance's weak blades. People say my pet is noobish, until they look at its stats! A Talented Piggle, yes, a level 70 wizard using a Talented Piggle! It gives the Dragonblade spell, +30%. That's an amazing blade! Plus with Balance's Elemental Blade, Spirit Blade, Hex, Bladestorm, Spirit Trap, Elemental Trap. We can already attack fast from any corner of the spiral.

Balance blades aren't weak becuase of their %s, they are weak becuase if you need to clear shields, all your blades go with it.

Balance is the most balanced school in existence, not because it takes away things from all schools. But because of how it's made and how only the more strategic minds can use a certain school like that.

I do not follow you logic, how does balance being a strategic school make it balanced? You can have UP and OP strategic schools.

Do you remember our old Balance teacher? Artur Wetherfield (Pardon me if I got your name wrong, it's been forever!) In the Ravenwood tutorial, heck I remember it. Last I heard it was 2 years! "Balance is an advanced school, and hardest to master."

I see your argument now. You want balance to remain a hard to master but advanced school. What you don't see is that right now, balance is only a school of gimmicks (like triple feint triple blade shatter judgement.) The days when balance could get to warlord from fast spectral blasts and tricky hydras is over.

What you don't know is my argument, I am trying to make the way balance again what it once was, a school that used its many and unique aspects to pull of a victory, not a school that took advantage of having no shield (and that now being its only advantage.)

Those words from Artur Wetherfield, I kept in mind through the entire game. I kept it still in my mind. At first, Balance was a singe! Until you got Judgement. Which to use, Spectral Blast, or Judgement? Um....

That's Balance's question! Well, I was a journeyman before Celestia came out. And I was already beating Grandmasters! I always just did pvp on and on and on. The same thing through my head:
Advanced school, hardest to master.

Spectral blast and judgement are balances best tools, nowadays though, spectral blast is to easily thwarted by shields.

I'm not sure, but I think one of the reasons why I'm so good at Balance is because I was a low level for a super long time, and then I understood my strategy more and more! I was a pvp fan and it was the best to me!

Don't be that arrogant if you have even yet to get a warlord title, which by itself, is only a baby step, not a finale achievement. Say that to me when you've won a tournament without max judging, and I'll believe you.

So, if people think that a 2 pip Hydra/Chimera would solve things, or boosting up Balance's blades, or they need a new bubble, or a shield clearing spell. Get this one sentence through:

Balance is the most advanced school and hardest to master.
Hardest to master. That's why I know that many Balance wizards aren't as good as some. It's the hardest school to master, and when mastered, it's pretty dangerous.

My previous statement already counters this, so just go and read it again if you can't remember.

I think I am going to state this again though, I am not trying to make balance a powerful and easy to use school, I am trying to make it what you believe that it currently is.

-Solstice64

Sorry to break it to you, but no school is as it was way back then. Storm for example, the most powerful in damage and has no resist, got resist and damage from waterworks. For Ice, Snow Angel ruined their point of low damage. Life was supposed to be about hitting weak and healing, now, they hit much higher then Death ever did, and now they're going for damage and dispels. Myth used to be about minions until the Shatter spell came up. And then stuns joined in on Myth's spells! Fire used to be about DoT's and about having low defenses, guess what they got, the 3rd biggest resist! Rain of Fire is the only thing that's holding Fire together now. Death used to be about drains, but now, nobody ever uses the drains anymore! Thanks to Skeletal Dragon, all Death really does is Poison then Dragon. Balance is the only school that hasn't changed. As I've already said, Balance's true pro is about hitting hard and fast, so training Sun up to Colossal is a great idea! Now, the only enchantments I use on Ra in 4v4 are Unstoppables, and I also use Infallible treasure cards! Balance is still hanging on because of Spectral Blast, trust me, there is a way to control which Elemental spell you hit with, and I'm going to let you learn that on your own. Balance is the only school left that's really, well, balanced. Every other school has either gone overboard on damage, or overboard on defense. Choosing to get Zafarian gear is suicide! 1 level 68 spell, and you can say good game! That's how powerful spells are getting, that's why I don't want spells that do over 1000 damage! Not many people understand how bad pvp has gotten with the new spells, they're unfair, and our health isn't ready for them. The only way you could ever survive now is to get a spell proof/defy pet and waterworks gear. You can't really do anything else in pvp to survive, the Zafarian gear hardly give any block rating.

So your point on keeping Balance to what it used to be isn't really a fact. Things can change overtime, and on my other account on my Storm wizard, I can tell you from lower levels to higher levels, things have changed like crazy.

Spectral Blast is easily thwarted? Really? Just use a colossal if your opponent has Zafarian gear, and it waterworks gear then use Unstoppable following up after Infallible! There we go, a hard Spectral Blast to hit and spam with.

I have to agree now, that because of the level 58 spells and up, damage has gone overboard. Thanks to enchantments too. PvP isn't really what it used to be anymore, and I didn't want to admit it at first, but facts are there. The spell changes have changed every school, big and small changes. No school is going to stay the same, and 4v4 isn't going to be fun unless some spells change and get weakened. The first team to use an AoE wins.

When you said that Spectral Blast and Judgement are Balance's best spells nowadays, those are your opinions. For me, Balance's best spells are:
Sandstorm
Availing Hands
If trained star, Vengeance to critical Availing Hands
Spectral Blast
Weakness
Elemental Shield
Spirit Shield

Balance has more tools then you think, you just have to learn how to use them effectively, because what's a tool if it's getting ignored? Or what's a tool if you don't know how to use it. Judgement wouldn't be my preferred choice. I've prepared a whole lot in pvp. I use Cleanse Ward to cut the Feints in ranked pvp, and then I also use Pierce to cut through Tower Shields, or I just use Armor Piercing spells. I use Infection. Balance doesn't need other school's tools, it's a choice to get them. In practice pvp, I use ONLY Balance spells. I use them perfectly fine! I always keep a Reshuffle or two just in case someone uses Shatter.

If you're dying too fast, then use Vengeance and spam Availing Hands. If you're not able to defeat your opponent fast enough, then spam spells. Balance can strike from any way, and unless your opponent is defensive, then your match won't take too long.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Too long to quote. Paragraph about how all the schools have changed except for balance.

..? Yes, many of the schools are off track and that's what I am trying to fix, the OP is about balance though, so talking about other schools would be off topic.

So your point on keeping Balance to what it used to be isn't really a fact. Things can change overtime, and on my other account on my Storm wizard, I can tell you from lower levels to higher levels, things have changed like crazy.

I've pvped at 30, 50, 60, and 70 (with multiple schools) I know how things have changed. Change isn't OK though if it benefits one school over the other or doesn't agree with the schools original design.

Spectral Blast is easily thwarted? Really? Just use a colossal if your opponent has Zafarian gear, and it waterworks gear then use Unstoppable following up after Infallible! There we go, a hard Spectral Blast to hit and spam with.

You forget that I said shields easily thrwart spectral blast, how the heck is 30% piercing going to make an attack viable when its always hitting 70% shields?

I have to agree now, that because of the level 58 spells and up, damage has gone overboard. Thanks to enchantments too. PvP isn't really what it used to be anymore, and I didn't want to admit it at first, but facts are there. The spell changes have changed every school, big and small changes. No school is going to stay the same, and 4v4 isn't going to be fun unless some spells change and get weakened. The first team to use an AoE wins.

Actually, its the excessive damage boost that's causing the problems, not the spells themselves.

When you said that Spectral Blast and Judgement are Balance's best spells nowadays, those are your opinions. For me, Balance's best spells are:
Sandstorm
Availing Hands
Spectral Blast
Weakness
Elemental Shield
Spirit Shield

I meant that they used to be, sorry if I worded it wrong. The point of balance is to be unpredictable becuase there are so many things the balance wizard could do, nowadays though, put of a legend shield and a elemental shield, and balance only has one attacking option (that's viable_

Balance has more tools then you think, you just have to learn how to use them effectively, because what's a tool if it's getting ignored? Or what's a tool if you don't know how to use it. Judgement wouldn't be my preferred choice. I've prepared a whole lot in pvp. I use Cleanse Ward to cut the Feints in ranked pvp, and then I also use Pierce to cut through Tower Shields, or I just use Armor Piercing spells. I use Infection. Balance doesn't need other school's tools, it's a choice to get them. In practice pvp, I use ONLY Balance spells. I use them perfectly fine! I always keep a Reshuffle or two just in case someone uses Shatter.

Yet you fail to mention any balance tools. The problem is, balances offensive tools aren't very developed. We can play defensivly just fine, but offensively, not so much. Think of it this way:

Elemental and Spirit damage: only good is your opponent doesn't shield, which isn't likely to happen.

Balance damage: Its good, but only half as good as most of the other school as balance spends time developing its other sides, while all the other schools have only one damage type to focus on.

If you're dying too fast, then use Vengeance and spam Availing Hands. If you're not able to defeat your opponent fast enough, then spam spells. Balance can strike from any way, and unless your opponent is defensive, then your match won't take too long.

Can't respond to this now, gtg, maybe later.

If I am no convincing you in this debate, then I see no point in proceeding.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Too long to quote. Paragraph about how all the schools have changed except for balance.

..? Yes, many of the schools are off track and that's what I am trying to fix, the OP is about balance though, so talking about other schools would be off topic.

I've pvped at 30, 50, 60, and 70 (with multiple schools) I know how things have changed. Change isn't OK though if it benefits one school over the other or doesn't agree with the schools original design.

You forget that I said shields easily thrwart spectral blast, how the heck is 30% piercing going to make an attack viable when its always hitting 70% shields?

Actually, its the excessive damage boost that's causing the problems, not the spells themselves.

Sandstorm
Availing Hands
Spectral Blast
Weakness
Elemental Shield
Spirit Shield

I meant that they used to be, sorry if I worded it wrong. The point of balance is to be unpredictable becuase there are so many things the balance wizard could do, nowadays though, put of a legend shield and a elemental shield, and balance only has one attacking option (that's viable_

Yet you fail to mention any balance tools. The problem is, balances offensive tools aren't very developed. We can play defensivly just fine, but offensively, not so much. Think of it this way:

Elemental and Spirit damage: only good is your opponent doesn't shield, which isn't likely to happen.

Balance damage: Its good, but only half as good as most of the other school as balance spends time developing its other sides, while all the other schools have only one damage type to focus on.

Can't respond to this now, gtg, maybe later.

If I am no convincing you in this debate, then I see no point in proceeding.

Actually, the other schools have changed, so Balance also has the right to change gameplay. In reality, nothing stays the same whatsoever.

Using a Spectral Blast with an Unstoppable TC and an Infallible TC is going to cut off 35% of 70. So that's only a 35% shield. Doesn't effect that much, doesn't it?

I see where you're getting to now. About Balance's tools. As I've stated before, Balance is hardest to master, so it's hard to know when and how to use Balance's tools. Balance takes from other schools, and you can train it, because remember, there are second third and forth schools for Balance (I'm going for my fifth school atm):
Vengeance, then a great combo with that would be an Availing Hands. A great tool to heal isn't it?
Tower Shield! That's Ice's spell I know, but heck, why not train it? --- -Weakness is probably the third most trained spell from other schools. It's a famous debuff, and when you see other warlords that aren't Balance, you know it's worth the cost.
Unstoppable and Infallible! They make for no fizzle, and the normal cards give up to 30% Armor Pierce!
Training Feint is a mistake, and I can tell you that because I see other Balance wizards train for it, and they lose 65% of the time they spam Feints, if their opponent know how to defend themselves well. So don't think that Balance doesn't have any tools without it.
Up to level 55, I have 1 amazing thing to tell you. Helping Hands and Pixie made the very best combos ever for heals! At least Balance has some healing tools.
The amulet that gives Elemental & Spirit Shields, because that boosts your health by 150 and you get 2 shields!
Elemental & Spirit Shields themselves are your best and most used spells in wizard101.

Those are examples of tools that Balance uses. Now, those were buffs and debuffs. Do you want to know the attacks?:
Power Nova- A weakness after the hit! Imagine this in pvp when you're in team with a Storm wizard to help him/her survive, or even with a Death wizard to use Virulent and just normal Plague afterwards! This itself is a great attack-defense combo in 1v1.
Spectral Blast- My favorite and most powerful spell. I enchant it, hitting about, let's say, just above 1400 damage. If I were to critical and my opponent doesn't block, that's 2800 damage! There is a way to control which one you hit with, and again, find that out (It's not simple like spamming space bar and stuff)
Chimera & Hydra- It's 100% impossible for your opponent to FULLY block these 2 out. I use Armor Piercing treasure cards, so those shields only effect 35% of it! These 2 are power houses once you know how to use them.
Judgement- I'm not a big fan of this spell, but I'm not overexagerating or bragging or anything, but I hit super heavy with this as a finisher spell. Just yesterday, I spammed out blades after I shut down my opponent's spells, and I didn't do this in a long time, so I used 2 Balanceblades, a 1400 damage Spectral Blast, and then my Judgement hit 1400 damage when my opponent had 314 health. It's an over-finisher if you'd ask me!
Ra- I hardly use this in 4v4, but I see other Balance wizards using this, and it's pretty nasty when it hits. I tried it out, using Armor Pierce. My opponents had all normal 28% resist except for 1 ice wizard, so Ra had a boost, and it hit around 1600 damage (In the 1500's, but if you round it off)

Ok, I could be showing off, but I wouldn't be the only one to brag about with these spells, I'm showing off for other Balance wizards too. I've gotten to the point where I think that the Balance Shield experience would be fun.

Since you had to go, I'll lay off a bit and give you a chance to right back. Right now I'm picturing this as a PvP match, kinda a me vs. you thing, but in the Balance topic. So, there is a reason for a debate, in real court and such, there has to be a winner. If you state a well announced reason, then I'll agree with you, and I know that you'd agree with me if I stated a well announced reason.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Solstice64 .... You are so wrong about Balance being weak with no tools. I have a level 70 Balance wizard - pvp Commander, she was my first wizard I made here. I've been playing for a little more than a year now. I'll show you proof of how wrong you are. Here is one of your commnents I love the best:

"Shatter to clear the shields proves that balance relies on out of school spells, whereas schools like myth and fire don't. This fact proves that balance is weaker then those schools, as they have all the tools they need in school, balance doesn't."

Really??? To answser back to this, lets run down the schools that you think are the top 3:

- ICE: How does Ice heal? Last I saw, they have none and use LIFE school spells or Balance (helping hands). How do they blade for big hits? With the help of Balance blades and who owns those? Balance does ... and then sometimes Feint, ownd by Death. So for Ice to do well in pvp, they have to have 2-3 DIFFERENT schools. According to your statement above, they are really really weak.

- Myth: How does Myth heal? Last I saw, they have none and use LIFE school spells. How do they blade for big hits? With the help of Balance blades and who owns those? Balances does ... and then sometimes Feint for a good Medusa hit, ownd by Death. So for Myth to do well in pvp, they have to have 2-3 DIFFERENT schools. According to your statement above, they are really really weak.

- Fire: How does Fire heal? They have one lame spell, but every Fire I have fought, uses all of the LIFE school healing spells from Pixie to Satyr if they can't find that Fire spell. How do they blade for big hits? With the help of Balance blades and who owns those? Balances does ... and then sometimes Feint for a good Efreet hit, ownd by Death. So for Fire to do well in pvp, they have to have 2-3 DIFFERENT schools. According to your statement above, they are really really weak.

So for Balance, the only non-school spell we use the most in pvp is Shatter. One spell, one school. Why? Cause we own most of the tools that your top 3 schools want to use and here they are:
- Balance blades and traps, spirit and elemental
- Healing? We have Helping Hands thats really good, at least to me, for about 380 a turn or over 700 a turn if I critical. I have NO life healing spells. Why? mine work great.
- Feint? I don't need it. Granted Hex is 40% less, but it's better than nothing.

And then finally to drive my point home, I had a match recently with one of those wonderful ICE tank wizards. He had over 4100 health and 53 universal resist. And yet, weak little me Balance wizard was able to use ONLY Balance spells and kill him in one shot. Yes I used Shatter, but big deal, thats only one school. You already use at least 2-3 other schools spells, so don't even dig at me for that.

Bottom line, leave us alone.

Ashley

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
"Too many people complain about Balance's weak blades. People say my pet is noobish, until they look at its stats! A Talented Piggle, yes, a level 70 wizard using a Talented Piggle! It gives the Dragonblade spell, +30%. That's an amazing blade! Plus with Balance's Elemental Blade, Spirit Blade, Hex, Bladestorm, Spirit Trap, Elemental Trap. We can already attack fast from any corner of the spiral."

Guys in USA are blessed as to bought pets.
I realized long ago that without Dragonblade i cannot do a good competition in ranked pvp.Even in pve i feel other balance do better with dragonblade.Too bad for me in Canada (despite whatever info on KI site) , theres no such thing as prepaid cards or pet cards...but that an other story.

Isnt it a illustration of the school's weakness?

The Need of a specific pet or item boost to be competitive? While other school can have tons of spell enhancement-including one from balance school(+35%)- and still negate 50% balance spell with tower shield-

Of course a very good balance player will win over a weak strategist of any school , but that doesnt make the balance school "really" on par.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
I hear many people say that Balance is the weakest school or is on the bottom of the line of ranks. I have to disagree with this. There is no school that's too weak. Balance has its advantages and disadvantages (pros & cons) and same as any other school. Some Balance wizards have amazing strategy to get around their cons (I've done this :-) ) And I know that 30% of Balance wizards have, and some go off complaining. Balance can hit as high as Storm, can be defensive as Ice. Don't refer to Balance being a "weak" school because I don't want my school to be so powerful that it's boring to PvP! This happened to Ice, and I never really play on my Ice wizard anymore. If you're going to say."Ha! See? We do need to weaken Balance's spells/We really do need a Balance Shield!", only the strategic players are good. Spamming a Judgement has no strategy to it, so you're just basically using any spell that can boost a Judgement and finding the attack. No school is weak, nor strong.

Balance is not weak in fact very strong, I made a balance wizard and 45 out 8 pvp's it is easy to win with them. helping hands very strong healing no other school can do it like that but life. also helping hands is not a life spell so any a -50 can weaken it from death schools.

judgement can only be block but ice schools tower shield, that also is a big one..

I would double blance blade, fire elf break shields judgement. easy simple way to win. plus minion is super helpfull.

rethink how you play them. sure they do not have the boost put they do not need it, just need to not think power but skill.

good luck.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Chips8A wrote:
"Too many people complain about Balance's weak blades. People say my pet is noobish, until they look at its stats! A Talented Piggle, yes, a level 70 wizard using a Talented Piggle! It gives the Dragonblade spell, +30%. That's an amazing blade! Plus with Balance's Elemental Blade, Spirit Blade, Hex, Bladestorm, Spirit Trap, Elemental Trap. We can already attack fast from any corner of the spiral."

Guys in USA are blessed as to bought pets.
I realized long ago that without Dragonblade i cannot do a good competition in ranked pvp.Even in pve i feel other balance do better with dragonblade.Too bad for me in Canada (despite whatever info on KI site) , theres no such thing as prepaid cards or pet cards...but that an other story.

Isnt it a illustration of the school's weakness?

The Need of a specific pet or item boost to be competitive? While other school can have tons of spell enhancement-including one from balance school(+35%)- and still negate 50% balance spell with tower shield-

Of course a very good balance player will win over a weak strategist of any school , but that doesnt make the balance school "really" on par.

Actually, there are gift cards in Canada, click on this link:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/canada-prepaid-card

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I'll try my best to reply to all of you.

Actually, the other schools have changed, so Balance also has the right to change gameplay. In reality, nothing stays the same whatsoever.

Yes, they have. Pvp has changed, but not for the better. I'm trying to change the schools again (so pvp can be better again) so it's good to know your O.K. with the concept of change (now to convince you on the change.)

Using a Spectral Blast with an Unstoppable TC and an Infallible TC is going to cut off 35% of 70. So that's only a 35% shield. Doesn't effect that much, doesn't it?

Lets say you get lucky and hit with storm damage.

550 * 1.6 = 880 (note: becuase you used unstoppable, you couldn't of use colossal.)

880 * .65 = 572

This is how much damage it would do if your opponent had 0 resist. Sadly, a well prepared pvper will have around 40 (actually 50, but who cares.)

572 * .6 = 343.

Your all mighty spectral blast deals 343 at max. Not the best offensive tool I've seen. Now, if balance had a way to clear these shield (I don't feel like explaining why hydra doesn't work right now) then spectral blast would rock!

I see where you're getting to now. About Balance's tools. As I've stated before, Balance is hardest to master, so it's hard to know when and how to use Balance's tools. Balance takes from other schools, and you can train it, because remember, there are second third and forth schools for Balance (I'm going for my fifth school atm):

How to get this point across...

Balances offensive tools are situational, not hard to use. Now, situational would be ok IF you had a spell for nearly every situation, but, becuase balances doesn't have much offensive tools, it doesn't work that way.

Those are examples of tools that Balance uses. Now, those were buffs and debuffs. Do you want to know the attacks?:

Yes! I thought we already cleared up that balance has the tools to play defensively. Balances problem is that ice is better at offense.

Power Nova- A weakness after the hit! Imagine this in pvp when you're in team with a Storm wizard to help him/her survive, or even with a Death wizard to use Virulent and just normal Plague afterwards! This itself is a great attack-defense combo in 1v1.

Powernova. Great for group play (the only area balance thrives in.) But not worth the pips in 1v1.

Spectral Blast- My favorite and most powerful spell. I enchant it, hitting about, let's say, just above 1400 damage. If I were to critical and my opponent doesn't block, that's 2800 damage! There is a way to control which one you hit with, and again, find that out (It's not simple like spamming space bar and stuff)

400 through a volcanic shield. Shields thwart spectral blade and hydra, nuff said.

Chimera & Hydra- It's 100% impossible for your opponent to FULLY block these 2 out. I use Armor Piercing treasure cards, so those shields only effect 35% of it! These 2 are power houses once you know how to use them.

340 * 1.6 = 544
544 * .9 = 489
544 * .60 = 326
326 * .65 = 211

211 + 211 + 489 = 911

Hmm, not bad. Considering that you would be left almost pipless though, it would only work as a finisher.

Judgement- I'm not a big fan of this spell, but I'm not overexagerating or bragging or anything, but I hit super heavy with this as a finisher spell. Just yesterday, I spammed out blades after I shut down my opponent's spells, and I didn't do this in a long time, so I used 2 Balanceblades, a 1400 damage Spectral Blast, and then my Judgement hit 1400 damage when my opponent had 314 health. It's an over-finisher if you'd ask me!

Judgement is only viable as a finisher, or when combined with shatter (and we already went over why shatter doesn't count towards how powerful a school is.)

Ra- I hardly use this in 4v4, but I see other Balance wizards using this, and it's pretty nasty when it hits. I tried it out, using Armor Pierce. My opponents had all normal 28% resist except for 1 ice wizard, so Ra had a boost, and it hit around 1600 damage (In the 1500's, but if you round it off)

Power nova outclasses Ra.

Ok, I could be showing off, but I wouldn't be the only one to brag about with these spells, I'm showing off for other Balance wizards too. I've gotten to the point where I think that the Balance Shield experience would be fun.

I do think a balance shield should be added to the game, along with a 40% balance specific blade and a 25% bubble.

Since you had to go, I'll lay off a bit and give you a chance to right back. Right now I'm picturing this as a PvP match, kinda a me vs. you thing, but in the Balance topic. So, there is a reason for a debate, in real court and such, there has to be a winner. If you state a well announced reason, then I'll agree with you, and I know that you'd agree with me if I stated a well announced reason.

No, people are too stubborn.

Maybe you'll agree with me if you knew my visions for balance. Imagine if these spells were added:

Eartheral Blast (same as Spectral blast but spirit damage.)

Spectral Shock (horrible name.)
3 pips. 90 fire damage, 90 storm damage, and 90 ice damage.

Ethereal Shock (you know.)

Balance shield (added to the ice school.) (-70% balance damage, -70% life damage.)

Balance shield. (added to the life school.) (-70% balance damage, -70% ice damage.)

Judgement Blade. (+40% balance damage.)

Sphinx. 6 pip balance specific attack that leaves a weakness afterwards.

These basically fill in the gaps of balances offensive side, allowing it to compete on even footing with top teir schools like fire and myth.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
linnie1222 wrote:
Solstice64 .... You are so wrong about Balance being weak with no tools. I have a level 70 Balance wizard - pvp Commander, she was my first wizard I made here. I've been playing for a little more than a year now. I'll show you proof of how wrong you are. Here is one of your commnents I love the best:

Lets get started.

"Shatter to clear the shields proves that balance relies on out of school spells, whereas schools like myth and fire don't. This fact proves that balance is weaker then those schools, as they have all the tools they need in school, balance doesn't."

Really??? To answser back to this, lets run down the schools that you think are the top 3:

Sure.

- ICE: How does Ice heal? Last I saw, they have none and use LIFE school spells or Balance (helping hands). How do they blade for big hits? With the help of Balance blades and who owns those? Balance does ... and then sometimes Feint, ownd by Death. So for Ice to do well in pvp, they have to have 2-3 DIFFERENT schools. According to your statement above, they are really really weak.

Heals: Pixie (with heal boosts and critical, don't tell me that this is a small heal.)
Blades: They have a 40% ice blade and a 35% bubble.

Ice has what they need. The only thing you have a point on is elemental blade. Though they don't rely on it.

- Myth: How does Myth heal? Last I saw, they have none and use LIFE school spells. How do they blade for big hits? With the help of Balance blades and who owns those? Balances does ... and then sometimes Feint for a good Medusa hit, ownd by Death. So for Myth to do well in pvp, they have to have 2-3 DIFFERENT schools. According to your statement above, they are really really weak.

Once again! Pixie to the rescue! 400 healing + amazing heal boost + chance of critical = all you need!

Same as last time, the only point you have is the tri-blade, and, yet again, they don't rely on it.

- Fire: How does Fire heal? They have one lame spell, but every Fire I have fought, uses all of the LIFE school healing spells from Pixie to Satyr if they can't find that Fire spell. How do they blade for big hits? With the help of Balance blades and who owns those? Balances does ... and then sometimes Feint for a good Efreet hit, ownd by Death. So for Fire to do well in pvp, they have to have 2-3 DIFFERENT schools. According to your statement above, they are really really weak.

Same as last time.

So for Balance, the only non-school spell we use the most in pvp is Shatter. One spell, one school. Why? Cause we own most of the tools that your top 3 schools want to use and here they are:
- Balance blades and traps, spirit and elemental
- Healing? We have Helping Hands thats really good, at least to me, for about 380 a turn or over 700 a turn if I critical. I have NO life healing spells. Why? mine work great.
- Feint? I don't need it. Granted Hex is 40% less, but it's better than nothing.

If you put yourself under the illusion that myth, fire, and ice need feint more then balance, then you've already lost this argument. I'll go over what balance needs later.

And then finally to drive my point home, I had a match recently with one of those wonderful ICE tank wizards. He had over 4100 health and 53 universal resist. And yet, weak little me Balance wizard was able to use ONLY Balance spells and kill him in one shot. Yes I used Shatter, but big deal, thats only one school. You already use at least 2-3 other schools spells, so don't even dig at me for that.

You only drove my point home. Let me go over the part you've been waiting for:

Necessary tools for pvp:

Baldes, Shields, Good Bubble, Heals, Shield Clearing Tactic.

Fire: Can do all of that and more.
Myth: Can do all of that and more.
Ice: Can do all of that.
Death: Missing the good bubble (doom and gloom is situational.)
Balance: No good bubble, No good shield clearing tactics, it's blades are mediocre (better then having none.)
Storm: No good shield clearing tactic.
Life: No good shield clearing tactic, no good bubble.

Yes, pixie counts as an in school heal as you don't have to spend any training points and it is viable!

This is put very simply as right now I don't feel like doing the whole giant thing, but I can do it if you really want me too.
Bottom line, leave us alone.

Ashley

Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Joujou11cool,

Well, I will say this, look at the Tourneys at Central, and tell me how many Balance level 60 or 70 have even got into the finals, in the past year?
Then tell me how many Balance have won a tourny in the past year?

All Wizards have about the same power overall, I don't think anyone will really disagree with this. It's the tools they have them let them move to the top, and Balance does not have all the tools it needs.
Because it does not have all the tools need, it has a hard time when the other player has a good deal of skill, especially if it's a fire or Myth.

Can a Balance become a Warlord in 1v1, the answer is yes.
Can a Storm become a Warlord in 1v1, the answer is yes. Just ask my brother, he knows how to do it. On the other hand, he's much better than me, as I would have little chance of getting a Storm to Warlord in 1v1.

The point is, a Balance will have a tougher time than a Death, Fire, Myth or Life getting there.
Not to slam any other wizard, but imo, when you see a Balance Warlord, you know the guy has most likely hard a hard time getting the title.

Joe.

Well, in my opinion, Death is the weakest school in pvp, not balance. I mean, i've seen so many death people trying for criticals, when they don't even work that well in pvp! Personally, i've beaten people of every school by NEVER being on a team with a deaath.
-Destiny Bright, lvl 70 Balance
(I'm currently looking for someone who can help me get to warlord. I'm a captain now, and i would really appreciate it. Meet me in the arena, realm leprechaun, area one. Thanks. :))

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Solstice64, I see where you're getting to, as always. You use theory on basic tools that don't require strategy. Well, you're darn correct on some, but whenever you talk about Balance's tools, you get the wrong idea.
Balance:
At times, the best heals, but most of the time 2nd best heals.
Schools from weakest to strongest in damage:
Storm
Fire
Myth
Death
Balance
Ice
Life (At times Balance is 4th.)
Their basic defense tools:
Elemental Shield
Spirit Shield
Weakness
Power Nova

Now, comparing this to Ice:
Tower Shield
Legion Shield
Frozen Armor
Ice Armor
Volcanic Shield

Balance is 1 defense lower then Ice
Balance's supportive tools:
Balanceblade
Elemental Blade
Spirit Blade
Bladestorm
Dragonblade
Hex
Black Mantle
Power Play (Good at level 28 actually)
Precision

Storm's supportive tools:
Stormblade
Storm Trap
Supercharge
Darkwind
Windstorm
Lightning Strike
Storm Prism

Balance has 2 more supportive tools then Storm, now comparing to Fire:
Fireblade
Fire Trap
Fuel
Wyldfire
Fire Prism

Balance has 4 more supportive tools then Fire.

Healing tools:
Helping Hands
Availing Hands
Pixie

Now comparing to Life:
Pixie
Fairy
Unicorn
Sprite
Satyr
Rebirth
Regenerate
Minor Blessing

Balance has 5 less healing tools then Life.

Attacks:
Scarab
Scorpion
Locust Storm
Sandstorm
Spectral Blast
Judgement
Hydra
Power Nova
Ra
Chimera

Storm's attacks:
Thunder Snake
Lightning Bats
Storm Shark
Kraken
Tempest
Triton
Stormzilla
Storm Lord
Leviathan
Sirens

Tied with Storm.

Balance has:
Good damage boost
Good resist
Good power pip chance
Good health
Low/No accuracy
Low critical
High critical block
Good damage spells
Great amount of blades and traps
Good amount of heals

There you go, Balance's tools.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Solstice64, I see where you're getting to, as always. You use theory on basic tools that don't require strategy. Well, you're darn correct on some, but whenever you talk about Balance's tools, you get the wrong idea.

After reading this post, you've got the wrong idea. You can't just count every single spell that falls under a certain category, you can only count spells that are viable in pvp.

I left out the parts you said about defense and support, the problem with balance ISN'T its tools in general, it's how it can only effectively play defensively.

Attacks:
Scarab
Scorpion
Locust Storm
Sandstorm
Spectral Blast
Judgement
Hydra
Power Nova
Ra
Chimera

Here is how I am going to weight spells:

0 = It isn't useful
.5 = situational/only used becuase not upgraded (i.e. locust swarm.)
1 = useful spell
2 = Amazing spell

Balances offensive tools (note: this is 1v1):

Judgement = 2
Scarab = 0
Scorpion = 1
Locust Swarm = .5
Sandstorm = .5
Spectral Blast = 1
Hydra = 1
Power Nova = 0 (as a minion killer, sandstorm is better, as for the weakness, weakness is better.)
Ra = 0
Chimera = .5

Total: 6
Total Useful spells: 7

Storm's attacks:
Thunder Snake
Lightning Bats
Storm Shark
Kraken
Tempest
Triton
Stormzilla
Storm Lord
Leviathan
Sirens

Same system, though I must point out, you forgot a lot of storm attacks.

Storm attacks (1v1 again.)

Tempest = 0
Thunder Snake = .5
Lightning Bats = 1
Wild Bolt = 1
Insane Bolt = .5
Storm Shark = .5
Kraken = 2 (Need an explanation, ask.)
Stormzilla = .5
Triton = 1
Storm Lord = 1
Leviathan = 1
Sirens = 0

Total: 9
Total Useful spells: 10

Need I say more?

Balance has:
Good damage boost
Good resist
Good power pip chance
Good health
Low/No accuracy
Low critical
High critical block
Good damage spells
Great amount of blades and traps
Good amount of heals

There you go, Balance's tools.

Damage: Every school has this except ice, fire and myth (which happen to be the top pvp schools.)

Resist: Every school has this

Power pips: Shared with death and life.

Health: Shared with life, out done by ice.

Base Damage: Uh, no. I wouldn't consider the third lowest base damage "good."

Blades: Balances blades are GREAT for boosting allies, horrible for self boosting.

Good amount of heals: Done better by life.

None of those tools are unique to balance.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
After reading this post, you've got the wrong idea. You can't just count every single spell that falls under a certain category, you can only count spells that are viable in pvp.

I left out the parts you said about defense and support, the problem with balance ISN'T its tools in general, it's how it can only effectively play defensively.

Balance can't only play defensively, trust me, I'm a huge pain with a combo of almost 3000 damage with Spectral Blasts and also using amazing shields. I'm not just over-exagerating to make Balance seem like the 'mighty' school, even test out a garged Spectral Blast with about 80% damage boost, Balanceblade, Dragonblade, and an Amplify, then talk about Balance's "only defensive" strategy to survive with.

Here is how I am going to weight spells:

0 = It isn't useful
.5 = situational/only used becuase not upgraded (i.e. locust swarm.)
1 = useful spell
2 = Amazing spell

Balances offensive tools (note: this is 1v1):

Judgement = 2
Scarab = 0
Scorpion = 1
Locust Swarm = .5
Sandstorm = .5
Spectral Blast = 1
Hydra = 1
Power Nova = 0 (as a minion killer, sandstorm is better, as for the weakness, weakness is better.)
Ra = 0
Chimera = .5

Total: 6
Total Useful spells: 7

You're kidding? This is how the spells are judged:
Judgement=1
Scarab=0
Scorpion=.5
Locust Swarm=.5
Sandstorm=1 (A couple thousand damage with a combo is never bad)
Spectral Blast=2 (over 1.5 thousand damage isn't what I'd call weak)
Hydra=2 (More then Spectral Blast, so over 2000 damage)
Power Nova=2 (A mean Weakness to help you survive!)
Ra=1 (Even though the damage range would be from 3k-6k as a normal attack, this spell isn't that much better then Power Nova)
Chimera=1 (With the 35% Armor Piercing from Infallible and Unstoppable, this spell is painful!)
Total points: 11 with 10 attack spells.

Same system, though I must point out, you forgot a lot of storm attacks.

Storm attacks (1v1 again.)

Tempest = 0
Thunder Snake = .5
Lightning Bats = 1
Wild Bolt = 1
Insane Bolt = .5
Storm Shark = .5
Kraken = 2 (Need an explanation, ask.)
Stormzilla = .5
Triton = 1
Storm Lord = 1
Leviathan = 1
Sirens = 0

Total: 9
Total Useful spells: 10

Need I say more?

Really, you do need to say more. Wild Bolt, almost useless? Sirens completely useless? Storm Lord good? Lightning Bats, now as I see it, does well over 1000 damage when enchanted and criticalled, and it's hard to critical block Storm due to their high critical rating. I'm not going to say the ratings because I tend to have exceeding stats on my wizards, but you forgot a fact:
Balance damage cannot be shielded by many spells, Storm spells can. Let's list some shields/charms easily obtained to weaken Storm:
Glacial Shield
Elemental Shield
Storm Shield
Volcanic Shield
Tower Shield
Legion Shield
Elemental Shield amulet
Elemental Shield treasure
Glacial Shield gear
Glacial Shield treasure
Storm Shield amulet
Storm Shield treasure
Volcanic Shield treasure
Volcanic Shield gear
Tower Shield amulet
Tower Shield gear
Tower Shield treasure
Legion Shield amulet
Legion Shield treasure
Weakness
Weakness amulet
Weakness treasure
Plague amulet
Plague treasure
Plague
Virulent Plague
Virulent Plague treasure
Virulent Plague amulet
(27 shields to block Storm)

Now on to Balance:
Tower Shield
Tower Shield gear
Tower Shield amulet
Tower Shield treasure
Legion Shield
Legion Shield amulet
Legion Shield treasure
Weakness
Weakness treasure
Weakness amulet
Plague
Plague treasure
Plague amulet
Virulent Plague
Virulent Plague amulet
Virulent Plague treasure
(16 shields to block Balance)
Now, let's check Storm's most powerful spell (Leviathan) with all of their boosts possible. (It's going to be WAY too long to list! And critical is included in this.)
45278 damage. Now with all of the shields!
0 damage.
Now with Balance's Judgement!:
12776 with all of the shields:
5 damage. Well, it's pretty obvious of who has the advantage of higher damage here, isn't it?

Damage: Every school has this except ice, fire and myth (which happen to be the top pvp schools.)

Resist: Every school has this

Power pips: Shared with death and life.

Health: Shared with life, out done by ice.

Base Damage: Uh, no. I wouldn't consider the third lowest base damage "good."

Blades: Balances blades are GREAT for boosting allies, horrible for self boosting.

Good amount of heals: Done better by life.

None of those tools are unique to balance.

Yes, every school has this, but Balance has the 4th highest resist in wizard101 (Tied with Death)
Balance has more power pip chance then Death, less then Life. 2nd highest then.
With the waterworks gear, Balance has the 2nd highest health. The rest of the gear is tied with Life.
Base damage is third lowest? Was this a joke?
Storm
Death
Balance
Life
Fire
Myth
Ice
3rd highest, sorry.

Balance's blades:
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Bladestorm

25, 30, 20. Then, Elemental Blade and Spirit Blade, so that's 25, 30, 20, 35, and 35.

Actually, Balance is better then Life at healing one person:
Availing Hands is better then Satyr. Balance has more healing boost then Life with the waterworks gear I think, or they're just tied.

Sorry, but Balance is in the top 4+ for everything, try again.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Balance is the only school that I played that struggled and actually lost fights in Zafaria, going up against balance bosses definitely isn't any fun. In PvP, 4v4, my balance does little damage, and my balance is geared for as high of damage as possible. Balance is currently a failed school.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hey everyone,

I think that every body is misunderstand what Soltice is saying.
Soltice is not saying that Balance is weak, as it is not.
Judgement is still one of the hardest hitting spells in the game.
Balance can have good resist, health, and hit, no one will disagree with this.
It does have some great hittting spells, no one will disagree with this.

Here is the key to this discussion, Balnce is not all that agressive if you take Shatter away. It has limitation when you do that, and if you decide
after you hit a certain skill level you want to join the Central tourneys,
then you have an issue. Even without Central, many want to play without shatter, or feel that shatter is cheap.
Whether or not it is, is not what I want to discuss here.

The real point is this,
All schools only have two sheilds to worry about... except Balance.
All schools only have to remove Tower or their school shields.
Whether it be a 50, 70, or any other value.

Ice can take out Ice and Tower shields with Ice Elf and Frostbit.
Fire can take out any Fire or tower using Fire Elf or Link or Power link.
Myth has shatter and earthquake.
Death has Posion and Skeleton dragon if needed.
Storm is limited, but still has Storm Elf in TC form.
Life has a shield problem, just as Balance.

So, as many want to do, join the Tourney's at Central, Balance has a
real disadvantage as it does not have the tools to remove shields.
Remember, even if Balance learns Fire Elf, it takes multiple turns to
remove the storm, Ice, Fire shields. It has no way to remove any other
shield, unless it gets the Myth amulet and uses Earthquake.
So, put out a Dual set of Shiels, Myth/Life and you have shut down chimera. Put out Fire/Storm and you have shut down Spectral Blast.
Leaving what, Judge and X pip spell, and a well placed Tower and cut this in half.
Now for those that say, we got Hydra, yes 6 pips to remove zero pip shields, not a good trade off.

Next, the aura, Balance's cost 4 pips, so if you get into a Aura war, guess what, Balance will lose each and every time. If Balance tries to keep up, they will lose the fight. So they have to fight, while Storm, fire, Ice, and Myth put up their Rings and get a virtual Blade every time they cast an attack. Plus, they can't even try to stop Death, as Death's aura only cost 2 pips. Anyway, this is a second area where Balance has a real Tool issue.

Accuracy, ok, Fire has 70 plus 19 with WW gear, so just about 90%.
Myth, around 100% or close to it with WW gear.
Storm, close to 100%, if I remember correctly.
Life, at close to 95%.
Ice, at 91% or better.
Death at 85%.
Balance at 85%, again at the bottom. How often has a fizzle cost you a match, I can't count the number on two hands (and I could include my feet too).

It's Balance blades cannot be stacked and kept when someone puts a
Weakness or stacks weakness on you. This is a huge disadvantage for
Balance when compaired to every other school. So the one huge
advantage that Balance has, limited shields to block Balance, also
can't build any power hit, once a tower or weakness is used.
You need to wand the shield, and there goes all your blades.

I can go on more, but I know that everyone gets my point.
Balance is a strong school, but it is limited in it's tools that are
needed to make it a great school.

Can you win with Balance, sure, if your a good player, or if you go first,
sure you can.
Have I seen 1v1 Balance Warlords in the 1200 range, yes, balance can get there. I have watched some great Balance stratergies, and most don't
just try to use Judge.

So the whole point here, is that other schools have more or better tools to get the job done, versus Balance. Balance can get the job done, but it has a harder time doing it and has to try to stay alive at the same time. Plus the limitations that Central uses, Balance is between a rock and a hard place.

Just how I see it, and Balance is one of my favorite schools.
Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Hey everyone,

I think that every body is misunderstand what Soltice is saying.
Soltice is not saying that Balance is weak, as it is not.
Judgement is still one of the hardest hitting spells in the game.
Balance can have good resist, health, and hit, no one will disagree with this.
It does have some great hittting spells, no one will disagree with this.

I started understanding at one point, but still lost the full argument, thanks for clearing that up.

Here is the key to this discussion, Balnce is not all that agressive if you take Shatter away. It has limitation when you do that, and if you decide
after you hit a certain skill level you want to join the Central tourneys,
then you have an issue. Even without Central, many want to play without shatter, or feel that shatter is cheap.
Whether or not it is, is not what I want to discuss here.

Balance isn't all that aggressive if you don't know how to play Balance, because when Artur WetherField said that Balance is the hardest school to master, I'm pretty sure he meant it.

The real point is this,
All schools only have two sheilds to worry about... except Balance.
All schools only have to remove Tower or their school shields.
Whether it be a 50, 70, or any other value.

Yes, that is a point I agree with, but Balance has a different scale to shields. There is absolutely no way to fully block Balance's attacks, and if you know how to control Spectral Blast (I answered your post on how to):
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/46961.ftl
So, Spectral Blast can be controlled, so I can easily get around those 70% shields no problem. Once you get the Spectral Blast controlling going, then you're going to find out just how easy it is for Balance to swiftly get around those shields. (I've heard there's a similar way to control Wild Bolt and Insane Bolt, hopefully not :? )

Usually, what I do to take out a shield is just to use my heavy duty armor piercing spells to take out 35% resist, shield value, and also Fortify value. This way, if I were to make a mistake controlling Spectral Blast, it can hit a powerful range still.

Ice can take out Ice and Tower shields with Ice Elf and Frostbit.
Fire can take out any Fire or tower using Fire Elf or Link or Power link.
Myth has shatter and earthquake.
Death has Posion and Skeleton dragon if needed.
Storm is limited, but still has Storm Elf in TC form.
Life has a shield problem, just as Balance.

Luckily, I read on and I'm not going to mention Hydra as a way to breaking shields. Well, I use my wand, but I use it without breaking my own blades. You see, Fire can steal those blades, and Storm can remove them. I only use blades in a range to 1-2 rounds when necessary, or else you're going to get into a huge waste.

So, as many want to do, join the Tourney's at Central, Balance has a
real disadvantage as it does not have the tools to remove shields.
Remember, even if Balance learns Fire Elf, it takes multiple turns to
remove the storm, Ice, Fire shields. It has no way to remove any other
shield, unless it gets the Myth amulet and uses Earthquake.
So, put out a Dual set of Shiels, Myth/Life and you have shut down chimera. Put out Fire/Storm and you have shut down Spectral Blast.
Leaving what, Judge and X pip spell, and a well placed Tower and cut this in half.
Now for those that say, we got Hydra, yes 6 pips to remove zero pip shields, not a good trade off.

Always referring to the same old Judgement I see, well, as I said, there is a way of controlling Spectral Blast, and I pointed it out clearly. There is still absolutely no way to fully shut down Balance's spells. (You can't train 2 different shields from the element side and 2 from the spiritual side, it just doesn't work that way, you'll be 3rd school-less.)

Next, the aura, Balance's cost 4 pips, so if you get into a Aura war, guess what, Balance will lose each and every time. If Balance tries to keep up, they will lose the fight. So they have to fight, while Storm, fire, Ice, and Myth put up their Rings and get a virtual Blade every time they cast an attack. Plus, they can't even try to stop Death, as Death's aura only cost 2 pips. Anyway, this is a second area where Balance has a real Tool issue.

The thing is, who would want to take out a Power Play aura? And also, I've seen people using an advantage with Power Play:
Get super high health stats from the ring and athame and let Power Play fully cover their power pip chance. This strategy is very effective, I must say,because they'll have super high health, possibly healing boost, and use a spell to fully cover up their power pip chance, while their opponent might be getting power pips anyways, this is a really cool advantage.

Accuracy, ok, Fire has 70 plus 19 with WW gear, so just about 90%.
Myth, around 100% or close to it with WW gear.
Storm, close to 100%, if I remember correctly.
Life, at close to 95%.
Ice, at 91% or better.
Death at 85%.
Balance at 85%, again at the bottom. How often has a fizzle cost you a match, I can't count the number on two hands (and I could include my feet too).

And, with Balance-It from your pet, 90%. I don't fizzle much, same accuracy as Life! :D (Before I got my Balance-It talent, I honestly can't count how many times I was about to defeat a warlord and fizzled).

It's Balance blades cannot be stacked and kept when someone puts a
Weakness or stacks weakness on you. This is a huge disadvantage for
Balance when compaired to every other school. So the one huge
advantage that Balance has, limited shields to block Balance, also
can't build any power hit, once a tower or weakness is used.
You need to wand the shield, and there goes all your blades.

Again, don't use blades unless necessary. Use them at a 1-2 round range before you attack, or you'll just prove yourself weak-strategized.

I can go on more, but I know that everyone gets my point.
Balance is a strong school, but it is limited in it's tools that are
needed to make it a great school.

Can you win with Balance, sure, if your a good player, or if you go first,
sure you can.
Have I seen 1v1 Balance Warlords in the 1200 range, yes, balance can get there. I have watched some great Balance stratergies, and most don't
just try to use Judge.

So the whole point here, is that other schools have more or better tools to get the job done, versus Balance. Balance can get the job done, but it has a harder time doing it and has to try to stay alive at the same time. Plus the limitations that Central uses, Balance is between a rock and a hard place.

Just how I see it, and Balance is one of my favorite schools.
Joe.

The thing is, Balance is a school of intelligence, tactics, and skill. That's why Balance might seem to be the weaker school, but it has the tools right in front of you. I'm sure that you're good at Balance, and same as Solstice, you have to think outside the box, think fast, trick your opponent (I always do that with Spirit Blade and I always get them! Lol), and also balance out your offense/defense, and keep your deck balanced, not too many defenses, not too many attacks, not too many heals, and trust me, I told my friend how to set-up a Balance deck, and from his losing record, it was all a win-win-win-win-win... and he's ranking up very fast now, so the most important think about Balance is to be prepared for any school, and make your deck the best all-around thing ever, or you're going to have a tough time winning.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Balance can't only play defensively, trust me, I'm a huge pain with a combo of almost 3000 damage with Spectral Blasts and also using amazing shields. I'm not just over-exagerating to make Balance seem like the 'mighty' school, even test out a garged Spectral Blast with about 80% damage boost, Balanceblade, Dragonblade, and an Amplify, then talk about Balance's "only defensive" strategy to survive with.

Then put up a 70% shield and a weakness. Balance can't wand away the weakness while preserving its shield, and it has no viable shield clearing form, so balance is forced to shatter or attack into a shield.

You're kidding? This is how the spells are judged:

Oh and you some almighty pvp that knows best?

Sandstorm=1 (A couple thousand damage with a combo is never bad)

It does less then locust swarm, give me a break.

Spectral Blast=2 (over 1.5 thousand damage isn't what I'd call weak)

If you can constantly hit a spectral blast into a shieldless opponent, then your not playing at an advanced level.

Hydra=2 (More then Spectral Blast, so over 2000 damage)

Same as spectral blast.

Power Nova=2 (A mean Weakness to help you survive!)

Better yet, cast weakness for 0 pips. Oh wait, I know, its worth the extra 7 pips to deal 470 more damage (yea, it's not.)

Ra=1 (Even though the damage range would be from 3k-6k as a normal attack, this spell isn't that much better then Power Nova)

This spell is NOT viable in 1v1! I have a hard time believing that you playing at a rank above private.

Chimera=1 (With the 35% Armor Piercing from Infallible and Unstoppable, this spell is painful!)

Not worth the 9 pips to deal 900 damage.

Total points: 11 with 10 attack spells.

If your opponent never casts a shield.

Really, you do need to say more. Wild Bolt, almost useless? Sirens completely useless? Storm Lord good? Lightning Bats, now as I see it, does well over 1000 damage when enchanted and criticalled, and it's hard to critical block Storm due to their high critical rating. I'm not going to say the ratings because I tend to have exceeding stats on my wizards, but you forgot a fact:

If a storm casts sirens on you in 1v1, then I am almost positive you are playing as a private.

Balance damage cannot be shielded by many spells, Storm spells can. Let's list some shields/charms easily obtained to weaken Storm:

Every single shield in the game blocks balance along with that, weakness effects balance twice as much as storm.

Left this stuff out becuase of what I previously stated.

Yes, every school has this, but Balance has the 4th highest resist in wizard101 (Tied with Death)
Balance has more power pip chance then Death, less then Life. 2nd highest then.

4th highest, aka second lowest.

With the waterworks gear, Balance has the 2nd highest health. The rest of the gear is tied with Life.

I'll give you that.

Base damage is third lowest? Was this a joke?
Storm
Death
Balance
Life
Fire
Myth
Ice
3rd highest, sorry.

Are you the one joking? Myth having the 2nd lowest base damage? Where on EARTH did you come up with that list. Damage wise, this is accurate:

Storm
Fire
Myth
Death
Balance
Life
Ice

Balance's blades:
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Bladestorm

25, 30, 20. Then, Elemental Blade and Spirit Blade, so that's 25, 30, 20, 35, and 35.

Judgement is only boosted by the first three that you said.

Efreet is boosted by all those that you said and more.

Actually, Balance is better then Life at healing one person:
Availing Hands is better then Satyr. Balance has more healing boost then Life with the waterworks gear I think, or they're just tied.

Sorry, but Balance is in the top 4+ for everything, try again.

What kind of twisted logic is this?

Satyr isn't over time. Life can spam fairy. Life can clear infection with sprite. Life has guiding light. If you are correct about waterworks gear, I don't think an extra 2% heal boost is going to make a difference.

Lion359 wrote:
~~~~~

Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
joujou11cool,

I think you missed the point of why I am posting, it's not because I am having any issue with Balance (Death maybe, but not Balance). So far Death in pvp has been a challenge, but that's a different subject.

On Balance, I am not looking for ways to get around the problems or what second school Amulet to use. What I am doing is pointing out the Flaws in the Base Balance Wizard, as compared to other Wizards.
Yes, I can get a Myth Amulet and use Shatter and Earthquake, and empower, darkpack, etc to get around the base issues.

The point is, I can't do that as easy as Fire with Fire Elf. Or Storm with Storm Elf, or Ice with Ice Elf for 1 power pip.
I agree, Balance can get around it's problems, but you have to know what you are doing. You have to have an understanding of PvP, and what other spells are available. So I agree with what you are saying, but the Basics of the Wizard does have flaws, that some of the other wizards do not have.

This is the way the Wizard was designed, and I like the design, with that I have no issue. Set up correctly, Balance can play well against anyone in PvP.
Life and Balance have an issue with Shields, and they are both designed that way. In my eyes, it a tool that they don't have, when compared to other wizards. So I still stand by what I wrote, but I don't disagree with what you wrote.

Btw, thanks for the input on Spectral Blast, never would have I found that out. I'm afraid to ask how anyone would pick up on that.... unreal.

Thanks,
Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Then put up a 70% shield and a weakness. Balance can't wand away the weakness while preserving its shield, and it has no viable shield clearing form, so balance is forced to shatter or attack into a shield.

If you were actually good at pvp and well planned, you'd have a may cast Pierce as one of your pets talents. LOL!

Oh and you some almighty pvp that knows best?
Says the one who never has may cast pierce as a pet talent.

It does less then locust swarm, give me a break.
Not always, there's a spell called Colossal.

If you can constantly hit a spectral blast into a shieldless opponent, then your not playing at an advanced level.

You're kidding, right? have you not heard how to control Spectral Blast? Nice try, but no.

Same as spectral blast.

Aha, someone that doesn't use armor pierce spells or may cast pierce pets. I'm not that stupid.

Better yet, cast weakness for 0 pips. Oh wait, I know, its worth the extra 7 pips to deal 470 more damage (yea, it's not.)

Again, it's a spell called Colossal. You know, enchanting a spell to hit more damage.

This spell is NOT viable in 1v1! I have a hard time believing that you playing at a rank above private.

I play against warlords, and I marked it down as a 1, not a 2. I wouldn't be very smart if I marked it as a 2, would I, but you know, there are such things as Talos minions, which in fact, skilled Myth wizards tend to use.

Not worth the 9 pips to deal 900 damage.

My, my. You should really see my stats. I don't hit the average damage that Balance wizards do, trust me, I'm much more skilled then that.

If your opponent never casts a shield.
If you have a may cast pierce.

If a storm casts sirens on you in 1v1, then I am almost positive you are playing as a private.

Really, Sirens isn't a bad spell. The accuracy reduction to combo it up with an enchanted Storm Shark or Kraken, you really need to fight powerful minded wizards.

Every single shield in the game blocks balance along with that, weakness effects balance twice as much as storm.
Goodness, how many times do I have to point out may cast pierce? Weakness does absolutely nothing if you know how to use Cleanse Charm.

4th highest, aka second lowest.
Yes, but Balance has more damage boost then Fire and Myth, which happen to have 1-3% more resist. Big deal. 1-3% isn't much of a difference to cry over, is it?

I'll give you that.
:D

Are you the one joking? Myth having the 2nd lowest base damage? Where on EARTH did you come up with that list. Damage wise, this is accurate:

Storm
Fire
Myth
Death
Balance
Life
Ice

This is so funny! You think that Fire and Myth have 68% damage? Nice joke, really.

Judgement is only boosted by the first three that you said.

Efreet is boosted by all those that you said and more.

And Efreet can be shielded a lot more then Judgement can.

What kind of twisted logic is this?

Satyr isn't over time. Life can spam fairy. Life can clear infection with sprite. Life has guiding light. If you are correct about waterworks gear, I don't think an extra 2% heal boost is going to make a difference.

It's pretty funny how you said that Pixie was a good heal above, so I'll use that as my point. Balance has Pixie too, so your point has proven yourself wrong.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Balance is the only school that I played that struggled and actually lost fights in Zafaria, going up against balance bosses definitely isn't any fun. In PvP, 4v4, my balance does little damage, and my balance is geared for as high of damage as possible. Balance is currently a failed school.

That is just your entitled opinion. Have you just started playing Balance? Because I don't find Balance weak at all, I beat warlords many times a day.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Yep, Balance always gets a bad rap. So does Life. :( But anyway, that's because it takes a lot of skill to use Balance well, unlike other schools where it's blade, trap, win. But being called weak is also just the way it is. There must be at least 10 entries/messages saying each school is weak. Don't mind all that.

Seth

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Not to pick on Balance, as it's one of my favorite Wizards, and I love to Pvp him. I do well on Balance, I seldom use Judge, and have only use shatter once after the match was just about two hours long, (I was second) and I had to leave for Basketball.
My Myth is also Level 70, and imo is much easier to play 1v1 on. I think the same is true with my Ice (Level 70), I find them both easier to play, as you can stack blades over and over, and use off school spells to kill Minions.
(I'm leaving my Death out of this, as I still have not gotten his deck setup the way I want it).

I have seen a pattern on Balance, and I believe this to be true for most Balance Wizards. It seems to be that most Balance can play well up to Warlord, maybe around 1100 or so. They seem to hit a point where good solid players can start beating them on a more frequent basis.

Artur is a good example, he is a very good Warlord, and I have watched several of his battles. He had no problem until he hit around 1100, and then he started losing his battles. I watched him lose three in around, and drop down close to 1007. Granted, luck and going second played a part in him losing, I'll give anyone that.

The point I want to make is that I have watched this pattern over and over on several different Balance. Even the Balance that uses the Feint stratergy hits a road block as they get higher. Most of the time, it's right around the 1100 mark or just before. I see Storm and Death also hit around the same level, and start having issues.

What I don't see is Myth, Fire or Ice hittng this same level and stopping.
Ice starts to have issues above 1200 in some cases, I will say that.

So, while there may be a few exceptional Balance out there, few can Master 1v1 as well as Myth, Fire or Ice can. Why, because it just does not have all the same tools as the other Wizards do.
Balance has multiple blades to set up, sheilds to try to get rid of, etc, and it takes time to setup.
Not so with any other Wizard, all they have to do is set up one type of Blade and can do it quicker, imo.

Bottom line, before this post gets any more out of hand, Balance may be strong in the right hands, but Myth, Fire, and Ice can be strong in the unskilled hands.

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Not to pick on Balance, as it's one of my favorite Wizards, and I love to Pvp him. I do well on Balance, I seldom use Judge, and have only use shatter once after the match was just about two hours long, (I was second) and I had to leave for Basketball.
My Myth is also Level 70, and imo is much easier to play 1v1 on. I think the same is true with my Ice (Level 70), I find them both easier to play, as you can stack blades over and over, and use off school spells to kill Minions.
(I'm leaving my Death out of this, as I still have not gotten his deck setup the way I want it).

I have seen a pattern on Balance, and I believe this to be true for most Balance Wizards. It seems to be that most Balance can play well up to Warlord, maybe around 1100 or so. They seem to hit a point where good solid players can start beating them on a more frequent basis.

Artur is a good example, he is a very good Warlord, and I have watched several of his battles. He had no problem until he hit around 1100, and then he started losing his battles. I watched him lose three in around, and drop down close to 1007. Granted, luck and going second played a part in him losing, I'll give anyone that.

The point I want to make is that I have watched this pattern over and over on several different Balance. Even the Balance that uses the Feint stratergy hits a road block as they get higher. Most of the time, it's right around the 1100 mark or just before. I see Storm and Death also hit around the same level, and start having issues.

What I don't see is Myth, Fire or Ice hittng this same level and stopping.
Ice starts to have issues above 1200 in some cases, I will say that.

So, while there may be a few exceptional Balance out there, few can Master 1v1 as well as Myth, Fire or Ice can. Why, because it just does not have all the same tools as the other Wizards do.
Balance has multiple blades to set up, sheilds to try to get rid of, etc, and it takes time to setup.
Not so with any other Wizard, all they have to do is set up one type of Blade and can do it quicker, imo.

Bottom line, before this post gets any more out of hand, Balance may be strong in the right hands, but Myth, Fire, and Ice can be strong in the unskilled hands.

Joe.

Artur Wetherfield also stated that Balance is a very hard school to master :)

Survivor
Aug 17, 2011
Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I'm getting close to warlord fairly easily. I haven't got in any tournaments on my Balance wizard, but if I did, I'd be really good at it :-D

To the winners of central tournaments, the title "warlord" simply means I'm not a noob. Getting to Warlord is a cake walk compared to winning a tournament.

Regarding the OP. Balance is one of the weakest schools in pvp (along with a few others.) As Lion said, the problem with balance is its lack of tools. For a school to succeed in pvp, they need these things: Damage bubble, School Blade, Shields, Shield Clearing spell(s). These all I can think of right now, but you can already see a huge disadvantage for a few schools. Balance has no damage bubble, weak blades (at least they have blades), and no good shield clearing spell (hydra and chimera are only good for tower shields, nothing else.) Giving balance a 2 pip hydra, a 2 pip chimera, and maybe a permanent blade (suedo-bubble) might bring it on par with a top school like myth. If we filled in the gaps of every school to be equal to the schools without glaring ones, then pvp might be a little nicer.

Wait, what? 2 pip Hydra? 2 pip Chimera? I'm Balance, and you most likely know that. Would you like getting dealt with almost 2000 damage every round with Chimera? You're practically saying that Balance is pure weak to reduce a spell by 7 pips! I appreciate you for trying to boost Balance, but I don't need boost ups to win. I'm my own person, perfectly fit with Balance, use it well, defend myself well. I always use vengeance before I use Availing Hands, a basic strategy. Even with the most basic tools, Balance can do big damage/defend big/heal 2000!

It's really easy to see that most Balance wizards are weak if they complained that Chimera is too weak. I don't think that 930+81% is weak. There are many biased results for each school. The weak and the strong have their own saying. I don't think that Balance needs a new bubble just now. KI has more plans for us.

Too many people complain about Balance's weak blades. People say my pet is noobish, until they look at its stats! A Talented Piggle, yes, a level 70 wizard using a Talented Piggle! It gives the Dragonblade spell, +30%. That's an amazing blade! Plus with Balance's Elemental Blade, Spirit Blade, Hex, Bladestorm, Spirit Trap, Elemental Trap. We can already attack fast from any corner of the spiral.

Balance is the most balanced school in existence, not because it takes away things from all schools. But because of how it's made and how only the more strategic minds can use a certain school like that.

Do you remember our old Balance teacher? Artur Wetherfield (Pardon me if I got your name wrong, it's been forever!) In the Ravenwood tutorial, heck I remember it. Last I heard it was 2 years! "Balance is an advanced school, and hardest to master."

Those words from Artur Wetherfield, I kept in mind through the entire game. I kept it still in my mind. At first, Balance was a singe! Until you got Judgement. Which to use, Spectral Blast, or Judgement? Um....

That's Balance's question! Well, I was a journeyman before Celestia came out. And I was already beating Grandmasters! I always just did pvp on and on and on. The same thing through my head:
Advanced school, hardest to master.

I'm not sure, but I think one of the reasons why I'm so good at Balance is because I was a low level for a super long time, and then I understood my strategy more and more! I was a pvp fan and it was the best to me!

So, if people think that a 2 pip Hydra/Chimera would solve things, or boosting up Balance's blades, or they need a new bubble, or a shield clearing spell. Get this one sentence through:

Balance is the most advanced school and hardest to master.
Hardest to master. That's why I know that many Balance wizards aren't as good as some. It's the hardest school to master, and when mastered, it's pretty dangerous.

Balance isn't really that hard to master(for me), so i don't really understand what you're saying. But i have been able to get by just fine by using ra and nova, along with using life spells to heal. It really isn't that hard to use your skills in pvp, if you follow your instincts(it works for me, anyways). I just do 2v2 all the time, so i don't have to worry about more than two schools at once. I mean seriously? I don't even use hydra or spectral blast or chimera, and i still win a lot! I mean, i can understand if your doing 1v1 and using those spells, but in 2v2-4v4, i wouldn't use them, because there's more than one enemy.
Destiny Bright, lvl 70 Balance :)