Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance needs a nerf

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DanL123 on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
Yes this wizard is right, I also have a balance char and I play allot. Even though all of you are complaining about mana burn, it is not that harmful. I have it in my outfit and have only used it twice throughout the whole year that I've had it. My main spell is power nova since I am only a grandmaster and don't know ra yet. And power nova does not get rid of auras. But once it gets a critical, it can do some serious damage especially when I have all four of my usable balance blades on. One from my pet, one in my deck, one from all friends, and one dragon blade from my necklace. :P. -Lindsey Moon
it seems you've misunderstood, young wizard~ power nova (level 48) does not remove auras; they are talking about supernova, a level 75 balance spell that does just that. it removes the aura and does damage as well~there's no real need for it in pve, though it's said to be quite useful in the arena.

that being said, power novas are still my favourite spell in pve... and critical ones, especially at this level, are pretty incredible.

-von
promethean (90) sorceress

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
Coming from a balance wizard myself it really is not a "spamable" spell takes 5 pips and doesn't do to much consistent damage. I keep only 4 in my regular deck for Timing against a fire or to look for shields against a storm really isn't needed for anything else and they can lock you just time your spells every school can be beaten. Just is a strategy. I personally think a balance nerf seems REDICULOUS we barely have any attack spells we have judgement as our hit. We also have no DoT spell that can help us from second. Lastly, ice seems to be becoming one of the worst people in the arena Imo because many storms can overpower that resist with critical rating. Ice also has a major lack of damage and their stats are becoming quite predictable. Soon I believe ice will be one of the lower end pvp schools. Fire has totally gotten from a balanced school to a school that barely gets warlord unless they do Puppet of have lots of skill. I have seen less and less fire wizards because of this resist. Ice wizards have ruined pvp for one school compelely. Then is the introduction of fairy I won't even get started with that and jade…
Sorry for the rant lol.
Ryan ShadowCatcher Balance lvl 88

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
First of all you probably just lost to a balance, plus balance and ice don't dominate (i'm a balance lvl 90 commander) I have friends who are warlord with death fire life myth and they beat me a good bit. The developers did not have PvP in mind when they came out with mana burn PvE is the main focus of the game. If you can't get around mana burn cause you use high pip attacks spam 1-4 pip spells. If your complaining about it that means your not smart enough to get around it learn to adjust your strategy.

Wolf Nightcaller 90 balance commander
Wolf Sunwalker 71 fire knight
Talon Spiritfinder 81 life knight

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Hey ice takes pips away now to i guess their overpowered also.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
Hey ice takes pips away now to i guess their overpowered also.
yes, and lord of winter also dispels a pre-selected cast.
if you want to talk overpowered, op, look no further.

balance does not need a nerf, end of.

-von

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr Von on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
yes, and lord of winter also dispels a pre-selected cast.
if you want to talk overpowered, op, look no further.

balance does not need a nerf, end of.

-von
Apparently I need to learn the Lord of Winter specifics haha. I didn't know that it dispeled! (I'm level 87) So close!! I am still against OP in wiz there is a way around everything. The only thing that MIGHT need a nerf is the amount of jade gear you can wear..but thats another story. See you around the spiral/arena.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Armiger
May 10, 2010
It is better if anyone or any school goes first.

Let's face it, going second is a disadvantage. Going first is an advantage, especially if you are good at pvp.

However, schools, such as Balance do not need a nerf, not yet anyway.

There are many strategies you use for all schools and everything VonAwesome has said can be countered, so if a person has everything that puts a damper on Balance, Balance can carry the reverse and undamper itself, but that is up to the person playing Balance. They can either do what it takes or whine about it.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
Darthjp on Jul 26, 2012 wrote:
Is this serious? Balance can take pips away and still damage you? Essentially pip locking you, and preventing you from using major moves? Is that at all fair? If a balance goes first, they can prevent me from even casting damaging spells against them? I was just wondering if the developers actually thought that one through. Honestly, balanace and ice dominate PvP, and whats the point of PvP if your class has no chance?
bro it also doesn't matter like if you have enough pips for an attack and u use it when they manaburn u you will still do your spell but u will just lose the rest of your pips after lol but if u fizzle u will just keep the pips u have left over from the manaburn spell -_- (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Is this serious? Balance can take pips away and still damage you? Essentially pip locking you, and preventing you from using major moves? Is that at all fair? If a balance goes first, they can prevent me from even casting damaging spells against them? I was just wondering if the developers actually thought that one through. Honestly, balanace and ice dominate PvP, and whats the point of PvP if your class has no chance?
As a balance, I never think that, balance rules pvp, maybe ice does though. They cannot prevent you from casting a spell on the same turn if the balance goes first.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well have you ever looked at the webpage? 'Balance can turn the tide of any battle.' Also, stop whining! Whining never helps, unless the victim is easily annoyed. Now stop whining and do something a bit more productive. Instead of doing PvP while hating it, you may as well do your quests.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
Eric the Red on Jul 26, 2012 wrote:
And when life goes first they can heal through all your efforts.
And when storm goes first they can bolt spam you to death.

Welcome to PvP.
At least with mana burn, you are still able to cast your spell on the same turn. They can't prevent you from attacking.
It's a 5 pip spell, that takes 3 rounds to prepare for.
Mana burn can't be spammed at 5 pips. There is always a break in between.

Prepare your deck by using lower rank spells, as well. Just as people need to be prepared with stun blocks or infections. You don't know what school u will fight, so have a versatile deck.
I assume you're doing 1v1.
You shouldn't be relying on rank 8 or 9 spells in 1v1 anyway. It's a great way to get yourself killed.
ok storm ha the same disadvantige I was once fighting somelife guy and he had 500 haelth left and I was using stormzilla and in that one turn he was left with 3000 health before I used stormzilla and I usually lose all my pvp matches even though I always plan every move I make carefully.

level 73 wizard troooper 222

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Stop complaining about balance, its not the most powerful school, pvp is just luck in getting the right cards at the right time and using them correctly. Balance doesn't need a nerf, we have good spells that aren't the most powerful and although we can take away pips and auras, we don't have the most powerful attacks, so its not op its balanced, just stop complaining, KI does things there way they probably wont take you opinion unless they ask for it.

John Dragoncatcher 83

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Hey man! leave us balance wizards alone! how do you think we feel about storm life, and myth o dont even get me started on myth. they can hit all and just take all shields and blades like nobody's buisness! not cool people, and storm's super attack! seriously people! And you think we balance are the overpowered ones :( not cool

matthew wyrmblade lvl 82

i'm and i'm proud!

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
gtafreak101 wrote:
I agree and disagree. I agree with if they go first. I mean, it would be impossible. And it cost hardly any pips!

I disagree because I honestly saw this spell coming, and not only is this great in PvP, they can prevent a boss from attacking in PvE (Avalon.)

SuperNova is the one I actually hate. Taking an Aura away? Seriously? And doing damage?

~Eric CrowSpear - Diviner
Everyone Everyone, enough with the complaining, there are several ways to get around these moves and just deal with it, if you can't over power balance then tough. it's just plain annoying when you have to make a topic complaining about balance.

matthew wyrmblade lvl 82

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
It's really only annoying when young morganthe does it

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Lucario450 on Jul 27, 2012 wrote:
Agreed. Basically Ice, Balance, and Life rule the arena. I'm suprised life lost it's ultimate to a bunch of whiners yet Ice gets their immunity and balance their unstoppable crowdcontroll/damage spell. Here's my idea: make it take away 5 pips but inflicts damage to the user instead of you, ruining spammablity.
plz no, you can't even spam burn when you can't enchant it, ya i said it, you can't even enchant mana burn so stop complaining people plz

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Scarlet Nightdreamer wrote:
Easier said then done? Right about now I could march in the Bazaar, buy some and head straight to the PvP and spam them.

Easier done then said for once.
easier said then done actually, dispels costs pips. so lets continue with your plan you march into the bazaar, buy some, head into the arena, 1v1 balance, they go first, black mantle, you fizz dispel, you pass, o there go's your pips from mana burn. balance is unstoppable hehehehehe

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Balance does not need a nerf. You just need to make a better deck and have a strategy using it I have a fire and a life wizard and in my experience during PVP, balance needs more , not less.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
balence serousley needs to be nerfedeven in pvp i always die by them if they are level 5 to level 90 i i'm dead whenever i go to pvp. and the pips spell they can just use the spell and they can arleady kill me and the weaknesses thats the worst