Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A stat limit would fix PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
I have seen this idea mentioned a couple of times, and I believe it is the best possible way to fix how broken the current state of PvP is.

As PvE things get harder obviously our gear needs to improve, but there comes a point where the gear is too much for PvP and we're at that point now. The only way to take part in fair PvP currently is to join a tournament on Wizard101 Central, and all of their tournaments have rules which limit resist, damage and pierce to a certain amount making it fair. If a "stat limit" rule was to be added to ranked matches in the game it would be as fixed and as fair as possible. I believe damage should be limited to around 95/100%, resist should be limited to 60% and pierce should be limited to around 15/20. Then jewels wouldn't be broken because you can't use 3 pierce gems and accumulate 40 pierce.This rule would make matches take more thought and strategy and not be as fast paced and brainless, which would be great to see once again. It would also be great to have to figure out the best gear you can use to get the best stats allowed.

I'm sad to say if this isn't added to ranked PvP I will be quitting the game, I haven't taken part in max level PvP since the release of darkmoor and I have taken part in it from the days 50 was maximum level up until the release of darkmoor, though I the release of shadow spells also ruined PvP for me. The last time I really enjoyed top level PvP was at Archmage. PvP is the only reason I play, I have waited long enough for something to be done and I am tired of waiting, it is a simple concept that will make an immense difference.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Why has this not been added already? I have to say I honestly think this would completely fix PvP. Imo I think any pierce over 20 is broken. The stat limit amounts you meantime are pretty much perfect, brilliant idea that seriously needs to be added. I for one have decided to quit the game, I will be returning once something like this is added.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Zekrr on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Why has this not been added already? I have to say I honestly think this would completely fix PvP. Imo I think any pierce over 20 is broken. The stat limit amounts you meantime are pretty much perfect, brilliant idea that seriously needs to be added. I for one have decided to quit the game, I will be returning once something like this is added.
higher world (time for new charge) not wizard city anymore?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
JustinFrostHunter on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
higher world (time for new charge) not wizard city anymore?
What?