Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3rd Age? Rank Reset?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
So rumors going around that there will be a rank reset and a third age. Is this true?

Historian
May 15, 2009
jester094 on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
So rumors going around that there will be a rank reset and a third age. Is this true?
it's stated in game that at the start of every new age everyone's ranks will be reset

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Survivor
Sep 12, 2014
I just heard today that they have announced a starting of 3rd Age pvp next week i just wanted to know if it was true.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
I also want to know if there will be a rank rest soon, i have heard rumors but nothing official yet

Survivor
Jul 23, 2014
rank reset would be amazing, can't wait to see what the third age of pvp has in store for us.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
CodyFireFlame120 on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
I just heard today that they have announced a starting of 3rd Age pvp next week i just wanted to know if it was true.
There are always rumors, but most of them are false. When you see it from KI on an official forum, believe it. Until then, forget about it.

There's no point to a new age or a rank reset unless something major is going to change with regard to matching or mechanics. Some players want something different, but there is no agreement on specifics of what should change or how, so I don't foresee a change that would please as many players as it would anger.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
I think that a new age will destroy current privates even more. There will be no chance for them to rank up at all.

I have some high rank Wizards different levels.

Before we were able to get set, and we were first vs a higher lvl, and that gave us option to win most matches.

Now, when we get to vs higher lvls with low rank, most times we go second and even thou our strategies are good, their health and the being first gives them some advantage and they manage to win some matches.

For that reason I think pvp shouldn't be reset, or will be a massive bullying in arena from privates (old warlords) to privates (old privates)

I consider that I lvl up with pvp, lvl 36 rank 1400, so I need to get more difficult battles. I am getting lvl 50 rank 1100, some people say is unfair, but I dont want easy matches, I feel better when I beat this than a low rank high lvl

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
The 3rd Age is officially in Test Realm currently.
Also I don't see any changes to pvp system except critical rating and percentage changes.
But I doubt that will solve a problem with broken critical and critical block.
Also the 1st : 2nd is really broken.
The game just chooses randomly who goes first and who goes 2nd.
Instead of random things it should choose based on few factors.
1. Level Difference.
2. Rank Difference.
3. Ability to have Shadow Pips.
4. How many shadow pips you can hold.
5. Critical : Block Rating
6. Overall stats.
I think if they don't want to fix the pvp completely then they should fix at least that factor.

Nicholas Star

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
3RD Age has opened in the test realm. 2ND Age is fading... I better get to grandmaster fast -.-

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
So far, 3RD Age PvP is only in the test realm. I suspect that if the rumors are true, then in a matter of months, ranks will be reset and the 3RD Age will begin.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I can see why a 3rd age would cause more bullying and problems, but I think that there is already plenty going on right now. A fresh new start may help privates get a better chance. I can understand that warlords would probably be annoyed that they have to try again, but that also gives them a chance to try on other characters and schools to explore strategies. Also, a new age may stall puppets a little since so many people will be doing PvP. I assume puppets will mostly go against each other because there will be enough of them. I wish you all good luck!
- Gabrielle Silversword

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Lizziebell03 on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
I can see why a 3rd age would cause more bullying and problems, but I think that there is already plenty going on right now. A fresh new start may help privates get a better chance. I can understand that warlords would probably be annoyed that they have to try again, but that also gives them a chance to try on other characters and schools to explore strategies. Also, a new age may stall puppets a little since so many people will be doing PvP. I assume puppets will mostly go against each other because there will be enough of them. I wish you all good luck!
- Gabrielle Silversword
Lizzie,

I no longer play the game, but I still try to help my youngest brother play.

I think that Thesist has it 100% correct, in the statement...
"I think that a new age will destroy current privates even more. There will be no chance for them
to rank up at all."

Let me give you an example,
I am a Warlord at level 50 with the Glen PvP gear, and a rank of 500 in the new age.
I am facing a Level 50 with Crown gear or the best Bazaar gear available.
Who do you think will win, I can almost promise the one with the Glen PvP gear set.
Very unfair, and the new player doesn't really have a chance.

Another example,
I am a Warlord with Darkmoor gear, at level 100. I have my Darkmoor spell, athame, etc.
I am facing a level 95, and we are both at a rank of 500 in the new age #3.
Who will win, the one with Darkmoor gear and the Darkmoor spell.
It doesn't get anymore unfair and unequal that these two basic examples and it's just a start.

Why allow a game to be this unbalanced and this unfair?

Why the new age, I see this as a waste of everyone time, a new age should be because of a change?
The last change was because of all the cheating that was done in the game and fake ranks.

No change here, the same first turn advantage, the same unfair edge goes to certain wizards and
not to others. The new age will not improve PVP at all, in fact it will hurt PVP more for many reasons.

Why does KI spend all the time on new plants, new gear, etc, etc, when the game has a serious flaw.
I have seen no other game that has a first turn advantage like W101. Others have seen flaws
early and corrected it. No correction here, instead you get a new pack, a new place to store seeds,
etc, etc.

KI should fix the serious problems first, before there are any more pets, packs, gear, etc.
There are too many reasons like this, that will stop me from every coming back to this game.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2013
It wont be unfair because you can not use any of that gear until you are warlord or commander, so everyone will have a fair chance the only thing that sets people apart would be the pets.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Veracity8 on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
Lizzie,

"I think that a new age will destroy current privates even more. There will be no chance for them
to rank up at all."

I am a Warlord at level 50 with the Glen PvP gear, and a rank of 500 in the new age.
Who do you think will win, I can almost promise the one with the Glen PvP gear set.

Another example,
I am a Warlord with Darkmoor gear, at level 100. I have my Darkmoor spell, athame, etc.
It doesn't get anymore unfair and unequal that these two basic examples and it's just a start.

Why the new age, I see this as a waste of everyone time, a new age should be because of a change?
The last change was because of all the cheating that was done in the game and fake ranks.

No change here, the same first turn advantage, the same unfair edge goes to certain wizards and
not to others. The new age will not improve PVP at all, in fact it will hurt PVP more for many reasons.

Why does KI spend all the time on new plants, new gear, etc, etc, when the game has a serious flaw.
I have seen no other game that has a first turn advantage like W101. Others have seen flaws
early and corrected it. No correction here, instead you get a new pack, a new place to store seeds,
etc, etc.

KI should fix the serious problems first, before there are any more pets, packs, gear, etc.
There are too many reasons like this, that will stop me from every coming back to this game.
The third age will make it more difficult for privates to rank up, with previous warlords with arena gear being at the same rank, but the thing is, this will only be a problem for a few weeks. After that, most of the people with arena gear will already be back at high enough rating so that they will not get matched with inexperienced privates of the same level, and the pvp system will be mostly back to normal. It was the exact same thing when the second age of pvp began.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Ryan Shadowmancer on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
It wont be unfair because you can not use any of that gear until you are warlord or commander, so everyone will have a fair chance the only thing that sets people apart would be the pets.
Incorrect. Unless they change it, when ranks are reset, if you had attained high enough rank to have the commander gear, and purchased it, you will be able to use it as a private. Unfair? Absolutely. It's just one of many unfair examples that plague pvp.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Veracity8 on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
Lizzie,

to rank up at all."

Another example,

etc, etc.

i agree with this, 150 percent.

i have a level 35 fire captain with the veteran hat and robe. my opponents are almost always grandmasters and/or warlords in the commander or glen's elite gear... in this case, who is going to win?

(i'm actually afraid to level her up, because the second i hit level 40, all of my opponents will be legendary warlords in waterworks gear)

anyone can buy some crown gear, spam high-rank tc, and and become an insta-warlord with full elite gear in about 5 minutes, no skill or effort required. perhaps it's my fault for not jumping on that train at the beginning, but one should not have to buy rank; why is there pvp elite gear to begin with? someone new to the arena has virtually no chance against someone wearing it. and don't get me started on first-turn advantage...

i can win from second against someone of my own rank/level. but add critical to the mix, plus a higher level and higher-tier gear, and i'm almost guaranteed to lose~ it would take some serious luck to overcome that.

these broken matches have gone on far too long. i hope that the proposed "updates" to pvp contain real fixes~ fair matches, something to prevent puppets from cheating their way to the top~ before all the cosmetic stuff. and i would love to see matches that require real skill, rather than whoever spends the most money wins.

-von
magus captain

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
The third age will make it more difficult for privates to rank up, with previous warlords with arena gear being at the same rank, but the thing is, this will only be a problem for a few weeks. After that, most of the people with arena gear will already be back at high enough rating so that they will not get matched with inexperienced privates of the same level, and the pvp system will be mostly back to normal. It was the exact same thing when the second age of pvp began.
Aaron,

I agree with this to a point, but the key is it won't be just a few weeks. It will be a few weeks for the first
warlord, then a few more weeks for the second warlord, then a few weeks for the third, etc.
Like most players, I had two accounts, a set of high level Wizards 90-100, and a set of
Low level wizards (5 to 60).
I needed to bring each one back up, like everyone else after a reset.

Then like so many do, they keep restarting low levels to try to get a better win/lost ration.
I had many friends who kept trying to get the perfect 30 wins 0 loss or better.
Lower level Privates and those will lesser gear, will always be at a disadvantage in this game.

So, I agree, it will kind-of level out, but it will be more likely to be 6 months or more after each reset.

Dr. Von's frustration below is perfectly stated, but these statements like everyone else's concerns
are ignored. By now, after all of these years, the game shouldn't be like this.
The one statement that that Dr. Von stated, that really hit home was this....

"these broken matches have gone on far too long".

The question I have for KI is "Why", we have tons of Pack, tons of plants, tons of gear,
tons of dungeons, tons of everything but a fair PVP match.

Keep the first turn advantage in PVE, but remove it from PVP.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Thank you all for your comments! I have went through the test realm and the rumors are true. I have done a little research and found out some things about third age.
1. They Reset ranks because some people were rank hacking.
2. They wanted to adjust stats and make pvp more fair.
3. They added new pvp gear and items.
4. They patched some pvp bugs.
Also here is the thing as a Grandmaster with 1110 rank I think that this pvp update was not needed except for rank hacks/glitch patches.
And also the exateled gear didn't change the game at all. Darkmoor gear is so much better.
Also I think they need to prevent bullying in the arena. Every time I go to a match someone is being called a "scrub" or a "noob" and worse.
Justin Shadow

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
jester094 on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:
Thank you all for your comments! I have went through the test realm and the rumors are true. I have done a little research and found out some things about third age.
1. They Reset ranks because some people were rank hacking.
2. They wanted to adjust stats and make pvp more fair.
3. They added new pvp gear and items.
4. They patched some pvp bugs.
Also here is the thing as a Grandmaster with 1110 rank I think that this pvp update was not needed except for rank hacks/glitch patches.
And also the exateled gear didn't change the game at all. Darkmoor gear is so much better.
Also I think they need to prevent bullying in the arena. Every time I go to a match someone is being called a "scrub" or a "noob" and worse.
Justin Shadow
Ok here is how to deal with those people.
In-Battle:
1. Never ever talk.
2. If opponent talks, look at his stats and don't answer.
3. If opponent insults put him to ignore list.
4. If spectators talk to you don't answer.
5. If spectators insult you put them to ignore list, don't answer them.
After-Battle:
1. Always say GG.
2. Always be polite to opponent.
3. The moment they start saying stuff like noob or anything that will insult you, put them into ignore list.
4. Leave the Arena and go for another match if you want.
Those are most practical ways of dealing with those people.
Well at least in my opinion they are.
Anyway hope it helps you.

Nicholas Star