Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
nmy3 on Jul 4, 2009 wrote:
I am a level 48 Ice wizard and have just completed the quest for my Ice Colossus pet. :-) The pet gives 5% Power Pip chance and a 600-680 damage Colossus card, I know, but sometimes pets can be boring. I have a suggestion. After many long years of fighting with my younger brothers, one of them finally learned about the Helphant pet for the fire school. Since fire and ice are opposite, we got into playing a game where we have a Helephant squish a Colossus etc. What if our pets could duel? Like arena duels. You could tell them wht to do as long as you can type it in and them BOOM! It happens! (EX) Lava Ghoul charge at Hydra pet with shovel. Also I wish you could make signs for your pet, or let them wear the same robes and stuff as you. O: why does it say I am a novice wizard? DIDNT I JUST MENTION I AM LEVEL 48? ? ?
A pet duel? I wonder how that would play out.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
koalaleader on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
Yea, I would like it if you could customize your pets names or maybe even YOUR name, but alas they would not want somebody naming their pet a bad word or something. Maybe if they added that feature they could have a filter like text chat. Like red are words that aren't allowed and white are.
-Hunter Legend Level 20 Student
KingsIsle should simply expand the name options so that there will be more variety. I don't think it has ever been expanded.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
shreekker on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
I would like it if we were able to pay, say 250 crowns, to redo the pet's talent and derby choices. similar to training points, but it would be cheaper. I would also like to see a potion or the choice to pay a few crowns to increase the chances of getting rarer talents, or a specific talent.
Ok, best idea yet! Except that is very powerful so I'd say around 700 crowns. But anyways, the pet raising process could do with less randomness. KingsIsle, you should really consider this idea.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
bossman8401 on Nov 18, 2014 wrote:
That would be awesome and cool to dress your pets!!!
Yeah, this is a concept that has been introduced in many other games and has worked pretty well. It should be here too.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2014
They should be able to dance with u without going to train your pet.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2014
zzzombies on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
there is nothing better than my unicorn the only thing that i want my pet to do is some kind of trick like a back flip or something
I like this idea

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
I think we should be able to play with our favorite pets and have pet themed housing items. Also I think we could be able to pet them. :D I really love my pet bumble bee precious.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
NeoNebula17 on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
A pet duel? I wonder how that would play out.
lol

Survivor
Dec 25, 2014
So i have a lot of ideas :)

-New snacks to age pets faster
-Casting maycast spells more often

-ability to trade pets and snacks (what i want most of all)

-More pets with color options
-being able to equip two pets
-being able to have more pets in your house
- pets come with permanent mounts
- being able to hatch more often

-i also like the idea of pet clothing and accessories
- and i like the idea of keeping our pet somewhere so we can port to them later but we can have another pet equiped at the same time :)

Survivor
May 10, 2009
I think it would be cool if you could dress your pets to help your own stats, much like a Athame or Ring and as your pet levels up it can have higher level gear, this way it helps you in the game but also gives you incentive to train your pets through games and pets.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
I wish that you could duel pets because that would be so awesome and they could use spells that go with there types like my pet is a spirit of nature and he could use spells like well what an ice colossi does but only life spells.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
Some cool ideas are putting more "ADVANCED PETS" in the pet shop so people who don't have good pets can feel better about there selves.

Blaze SilverHeart

Survivor
May 15, 2011
if you have too much of the same pets feed it to one of the same pet so it can rank up (like stronger n may cast are more) I have too many wendigo and only one of it is good so making it stronger will be better for players (mostly me). the feeding pets to pets sounds harsh but the ranking up part sound better than it just staying at its own current area. and they should be like elite 1-5 and when you ranking up you should see the positive (or negative) of the outcome, the little twist is negative making it weaker.
unknown life wiz

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, or if we already have it and I just haven't discovered how to do it, but I would love a way to see what talents a pet will have without having to level it up. Since we only get one pet talent per level, we need to completely level up a pet in order to see what talents it even has. This takes a lot of time and effort, so if someone is trying to get a pet with a specific talent through hatching, they need to completely level the pet to see if they succeeded, and if they didn't they need to start all over again by leveling up a completely new pet. If we have a way to preview what talents it will receive, we can just hatch a new pet if the talent we want isn't present without needing to train up the other pet necessarily. Obviously we still need to train the pet to access the talents, and to keep it interesting it doesn't need to say what level the pet will get each talent. However, is someone is trying to get a pet with, let's say spritely, it will be possible to see if the pet will get it at all without spending time training it completely up, only to have that effort wasted.
I feel like I'm rambling now, so that's all I wanted to say.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2015
muffin1905 on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
I have some requests that I think would be pretty fun. Here are some ideas:

Be able to breed/hatch pets. Say, instead of getting pets, you got eggs or babies. Then you would have to take care of them, you know, making sure they're warm, that they don't crack. Then they hatch and you have a baby pet.

Now, you can buy pet food special to the kind of pet and feed it. Eventually it would grow bigger and bigger until it could learn tricks. As it got bigger it could have more advanced tricks (where some form of pet show comes in). Then there would be certain breeds of pets, Dragons, Unicorns, Snow Snakes, Blood Bats that you could actually get on and ride of they were fed enough. It would only give a small increase in speed, maybe 10-35%.

Or, if you didn't want to spend money, you could keep it as a baby for cuteness or whatever.

Pet shows would have rankings just like PvP, and you would win Show Tickets, just like PvP. You would choose a trick that your pet knows, and it would perform it. There is a 'Slip Up!' chance, like a fizzle. There are computerized judges that choose the best and they win that round. Shows could be from 3-9 rounds, and ties could have a show off.

That's probably not the way it's gonna work, but I think it's a good idea.
What I would do is 1. make them bigger than they already are, 2. train them to do tricks to help in the pet derby and when you leave it at home it tends to your plants, 3. when you equip the pet, in battle it does a spell that makes all spells you cast in battle not fizzle 4. you will be able to change the type of magic it is like . I think that would be great

Survivor
May 08, 2011
Hi I am looking for a ward pet. I have a pet now that has proof defy pain giver and ice ward. If any one out there would help me I would be so happy. looking for storm ward and fire,ice defy and proof.

Survivor
May 25, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
it would be AWESOME if pets could talk

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Maybe pets could be summoned into battle. You may chose when to summon the pet or when you want. The higher pedigree, the better and stronger spells it would cast. The higher experience or experience level, the more health it would have. So that means if you trained it after a few times, it would get a bit more health and every once in a while it would unlock better spells to cast.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
I would like to be able to get gear for my pets, that would boost their abilities, like our gear does for us.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2014
I got a snow serpent from the king goblin drop like months ago and just now I got it to an adult and I like the spell she does wich is frost snake does 80 damage and an ice trap for 30 damage.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2014
I think it would be cool if your pet could have i mind of its own like helping you in battles by casting like a 30 resistence sheild or give you types or suggestions in the game.

Survivor
May 24, 2013
Well, sort of like jewel socketing but with pets. You could train them to play certain cards and "may casts". Also maybe you could give them collars that have side board space and sockets where the shape of the jewel can be changed, so the gear is not so restricting. That would mean if the collar was a tear shape, you could spend a certain amount of gold or crowns to change it to a triangle or something. I would want to make the most of jewel socketing, and I think that only using jewels on rings, athames, amulets, and I think the test realm info page said decks woud not allow full control. Also I know that this is a part of the game but it is challenging to hatch pets over and over and over again to get an ability that is good for you.

Sean Firehunter level 76 and going up

Survivor
Aug 22, 2013
Well this isn't exactly an activity or anything like that, but I would like to have some control over what my pet gets when it levels up (baby to teen, teen to adult, etc) for example: I could control whether or not I get a may cast fire blade or may cast sprite on a pet, because I often spend a lot of crowns and time trying to train a pet to ancient or adult and then be given a terrible ability like eager (+40 Power). Anyways, it'd be great if there would be some way to somehow control how your pet turns out, like a pet for stats or may casts rather than just hope you get the pet ability you want.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
TayD on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
Oh well I would love for my pet to be used as minion if only for one round (or at least all pets have a card). I would also love for the pets to be more active when standing around and have actions they perform or interact with people/pets standing nearby.

On the design side, it would be nice to "dress pets" or at least be able to change their color for all pets. The magician rat wears a suit, it would be a nice feature to select other clothes items worn.

Just some thoughts.
I would love to dress my little spark beast pet with a top hat could that please be added in the new updates I would love to be able to dress my pet

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
You should be able to gift pets to others in the game