Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Mirako on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
As an adult player, I think it would be interesting if pets had a more active role in battles. Maybe some would know some support moves and would cast them on you randomly or at the beginning of battles. Or maybe some pets could actually be summoned into battle to help fight along side you. I would still like it to be simple and have them not give too much of an advantage. Just a little boost.
pets already do most of those things...

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Jordan074t on Nov 2, 2015 wrote:
It would be cool if pets had their own clothing store
OMG YEAA

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
i would really like for them to be much bigger in game, its one of my fave parts about playing the game! id love to see them be able to interact with us more while in battle. i love the idea of pets but i think its way to hard to level up my pet to get a perk that doesn't help me...just my pet. why would i want a perk i cant use while actually playing the game? it kinda annoys me that i spent $10 dollars on a pet and now i have to sit for hours and level them up on perks i cant use. another idea i have is to be able to combine pets (getting rid of the original pets) and making a more custom pet to the players need! for example; i have an arctic ninja pig and a lil' siren. i would combine them and i could either make/pick it an lil' ice siren, or an electric ninja pig! i would love to see that in game but i wouldn't charge the player for combining because they already lose the two original pets. i would also give them a preview of the name of the animal they are going to create just so if they get something they don't like/use/need, they wont lose two pets that they spent $10 on!

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
Have a pet with double resist and triple damage :D

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
candykelly1200 on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
i would really like for them to be much bigger in game, its one of my fave parts about playing the game! id love to see them be able to interact with us more while in battle. i love the idea of pets but i think its way to hard to level up my pet to get a perk that doesn't help me...just my pet. why would i want a perk i cant use while actually playing the game? it kinda annoys me that i spent $10 dollars on a pet and now i have to sit for hours and level them up on perks i cant use. another idea i have is to be able to combine pets (getting rid of the original pets) and making a more custom pet to the players need! for example; i have an arctic ninja pig and a lil' siren. i would combine them and i could either make/pick it an lil' ice siren, or an electric ninja pig! i would love to see that in game but i wouldn't charge the player for combining because they already lose the two original pets. i would also give them a preview of the name of the animal they are going to create just so if they get something they don't like/use/need, they wont lose two pets that they spent $10 on!
If we could combine two pets to get a custom pet, while losing the original two pets, can you imagine the uproar and anger that would be voiced on these forums when people don't get exactly what they want? The griping is already monumental and we're just talking about the time it takes to train. You mentioned being able to preview the type of pet you'll get and the name... but what about the talents? We should NEVER be able to pick and choose the talents in any way shape or form! That leaves all kinds of room for "latent" talents to still be in the talent pool of the new pet... and these latent talents might not be what you want. So in essence you're sacrificing two successful pets for the chance to get a unique looking pet that may or may not manifest the talents you want. A risky gamble at best even if it doesn't cost anything in gold or Crowns.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
I want ALL the pets to have at least 2 cards each. Like the unicorns should be able to cast the unicorn spell and the bloodbats do a bloodbat spell. That would be cool.

-Maria ShadowHunter level 33 life

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
I also think that pets should be able to be played with, and taken care of. When i first joined Wizard101, I thought pet snacks were for feeding your pet like you would have to take care of it. You should add that. When you had a pet in your house, it would ask for stuff. Ex: Unicorn Pet: 'Can I have a snack?' Then you would feed it a pet snack or pet food and it would give you awards. Also, the way you could play with your pet is by getting a housing item that looks like a pet toy. The pet(s) you assign it to will play with it. Also, It would be nice if As your pet grew, it would get bigger. Eventually, a pet would grow into a mount. This way, no one would have to spend crowns for mounts.

All though my next one isn't for pets, it would still be cool.

Mounts can be named! It would make sience with the pet growing to mounts. because little fido can be turned into a big mount for riding.

-Cori Skullblood

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
There are somethings that I WANT for my golden ram to have.
1.Glowing eyes looks cool that way
2.Use it as a mount sometimes
3.If your pet could talk (WHY)
4.Fight as a minion in combat

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
5.Make funny references to real life things.
6.Made a funny noise EX(Goat scream)
7.Make it wear stuff.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
8.Ability to put real life faces on pets lol.
9.Ability to telepathically communicate to other pets but you can read their thoughts.
10.Have real life human abilities Ex:Laugh,Yell in human words,etc.
We are done for today.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
One thing I would really love is if you have the "retired" or "unhatchable pet" that you can actually hatch it. I understand a little of why it's not an option right now, but I want more danger hounds and fog unicorns. Not spring unicorns and ghost hounds. Since I have the original, why can't I hatch the same?
Also, if we could dye them all different colors not just the ones we currently can dye. (Like my flying squirrel- I'd love a black one.)
And I'd love to have my pet follow behind my mount.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2016
I would love for the option to make my pet stand still... Like just a one click option and they stay put, if you move they will go back to normal. It would really help out. Like during a screenshot my Adult Jade Oni wants trumpet with his trunk and the screenshot takes in a not so flattering time.

If he was to stand still it would represent him as more of a loyal companion

I adore my Jade Oni

Brittany NightStrider Level 10

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I'd like to see any and all pets (retired, not exclusives) be re-released as non-school pets. We pick those. And it's coloring.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
i have this idea that occured to me just now:

when I first started playing wizard101, i had a pet unicorn. Then I saw a person riding the dream filly mount, and I noticed it looked EXACTLY like my pet unicorn. I thought that when you get your pet to become an adult, it would grow just like that persons mount, and you could ride it. So I thought that if you level your pet up to adult, ancient, mega, or epic, it should become a permanent mount.

Heather StarSong lvl 43

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Could there be a guinea pig pet? Maybe it could be life and do something like the humongo frog, attacking all of them and squeaking really loud and high so there would be sound waves coming out and everything! That would be cool.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
I agree with the others that it would be great if pets could be leveled up to be able to act as a minion. Perhaps the next level past ultra? School minions are nice, but you would have a lot more choice if you could breed a pet with the abilities and school of your choice and then level it to minion level. You could do a lot with this. You could have a pet that is your school or a pet that is from a different school that offsets any weaknesses you have. Leveled up to minion, your pet could have stronger spells and heals.

Explorer
May 10, 2011
Here are my suggestions:

1.) Pet Clothing Items (it can be something simple, such as a collar with the pet's name on it, if the name is short)
2.) Pets riding with you on mounts (it can be on the back or on the front of your mount, holding on)

Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
Please, please, please, lower the price on breeding. I don't mind if its expensive, but it should be reasonable.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2016
Ok, I have NO IDEA if this idea was posted before, but here goes.

For some pets, my dear Kingsisle people who make the game awesome, I actually want some pets to turn into permanent mounts, though still use their talents in combat. That is all.

-NordicMage72

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
I seriously think that you should be able to train your pet to some level like adult to epic, and then you could ride it. I feel that this is a very good idea because it would greatly benefit the players who don't have the money for crowns/a membership because then they would have a free mount. This would also solve the low-level people in the commons begging for a permanent mount.

Austin Fire level 110
Austin Storm level 107
Austin Legend level 91
Austin Shadow level 110
Austin Ice level 110

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I believe it would be awesome if more pets had access to an ability that maybe gave them a chance to cast a minion summoning spell every time you're hit without one. Not a major chance, just, like, 5-10%ish. Perhaps even with a deck that's based around what sort of a heritage a pet has. For example, if my Cloud Demon hatched with my Myth Treeant, and then the result of that hatched with my new Brown Spider, the result would know Death, Myth, AND Storm Spells. Or maybe some abilities that respond to enemy cheats.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
chloerguGuineaPigG... on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:
Could there be a guinea pig pet? Maybe it could be life and do something like the humongo frog, attacking all of them and squeaking really loud and high so there would be sound waves coming out and everything! That would be cool.
Your idea. Is awesome. No really, I love guinea pigs! But how about one in each school.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Maybe have quests from your pet. Once you complete them, you could move them up experience and levels. I hope you consider this suggestion.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
I think it would be cool if your pets could go other places instead of just standing by your side. Like there could be a quest that your pet ran away and you had to like battle monsters and stuff to try to get it back. And on a boss fight after you defeat the boss you get your pet back, and another pet that the boss had! I think it would be cool!

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Taylor Daisy Flame on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Maybe have quests from your pet. Once you complete them, you could move them up experience and levels. I hope you consider this suggestion.
I agree 100%