Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wow is the pet hatching THAT much?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
2
i also agree i've been trying for a week and i've ended up with about 79000 (farming silver sent and oyotomi )

i say its not a waste of time but it is a waste of gold, i'm deciding to farm for the gold and been farming for wand to I:

i am hoping to hatch a satyr with my orthrus to get a jade hound and/or myth treant

kingsisle i love this game so much, but your just ripping people off with the hatchery

Mycin Drake
Lvl 50
Member of the Watch




Fight or Flee

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
1
spent 100,000 to hatch Jade Oni with storm hound and got another Jade oni.Spent another 80,000 to hatch dreamgoul with a lava spider and got another dream goul. I want to spend the 106,000 gold to hatch a storm hound and a Hydra or a Hydra with a wraith, but I reaaly don't want another pet I already have. I thought the whole point was to try for "rare pets". Gee Headmaster what should I do.???? :(

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
6
Like the others, I think the price is WAY to high. You could buy permanent mounts with that kind of cash. I would probably have to save up all the money I earn until I hit level 50 just to hatch a pet! You;ve dissapointed many people KI. With prices like that it seems like no one will every be able to hatch a pet because of the price. If you were to lower the price to say, 10,000 for the rarest combonations, wouldn't everyone at least have a chance to hatch a cool pet without spending too much money? Oh, and like that other guy said, why should we spend thousands just to hatch a pet that MIGHT be different and cool?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
49
Please, allow me to explain.

Obviously, the gold cost is higher for rarer pets in order to preserve its rarity. I also obviously see the cost when you collaborate with another player. The collaboration minimum is 5,000 gold.

However, the minimum for two of your pets is just 1,000. :-)

I would suggest trying to work to get two of your pets to adult, or simply try to hatch more common pets. If not, save up!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
19
Gamma wrote:
The reason for the high Hatching cost for the Storm Hound, young Wizard is due to its rarity.

Pet pricing is determined by a pet's Stats and Pedigree.

The pedigree for your rare and powerful Storm Hound will be very high, and therefore the price will also be very high.


yeah i spent like 250$ just to get the gold to hatch a piggle with a firecat, so not worth it because then, it just ended up exact same piggle, exact same stats at a baby, total waste of money!

Survivor
May 16, 2009
17
I've been trying to puzzle this out as there isn't really a good explanation that I can find.

In the Talents column you can get certain qualitites like Astute or Crafty for +50. Does Astute make the bar for Intellect 50pts longer, changing it from 250 to 300? If you get a couple of those and mix with someone who has a couple of different ones- will your hatched pet have a better ability to reach Epic? One thing to look at when you hatch is the individual bars.

I still don't know how my level 53 Orthrus mixing with a level 52 Stormzilla hatched a level 50 Mythzilla. If I had gotten another Orthrus and the other person got the different looking pet- would I have gotten the point quality instead of the new looking pet?

Trying to test the theory but it's a ton of gold to gather.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
Though I usually support KI on their in-game stances,I agree with most of the people here. The pet area is WAY over-priced. It seems its emphasis is more on absorbing in-game gold rather than maximizing fun for the players. I can easily afford the prices,but I get more content for my money but utilizing that gold elsewhere . I simply choose to ignore the pet areas until some needed changes are made;from what I have seen,others are doing that as well.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
3
I agree with everyone that's said it's too high of a price. I mean I tried to hatch my Brown Spider with a Magma Spider and it cost 79536 Gold?!? Please, change the price KI.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
51
Ok, I totally understand the concept and process but I'm still confused on what occurs when I mix two of my pets. Depending on who you talk to or read from, you either get the same appearance as one of the orginal pets or you get a combination of stats between the two pets. Which is true? As of right now, my Stormzilla is maxed out at epic (age) and I want to mix him with my Magma colossus who is coming up on age epic rather quickly. I'm looking for a mixture of stats that will create the strongest pet possible. I dont want to spend the $118,000 (price as of right now before my Magma reaches epic)gold to mix the two if I'm just going to get the same pet with the same stats.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
31
Riclucky37 wrote:
spent 100,000 to hatch Jade Oni with storm hound and got another Jade oni.Spent another 80,000 to hatch dreamgoul with a lava spider and got another dream goul. I want to spend the 106,000 gold to hatch a storm hound and a Hydra or a Hydra with a wraith, but I reaaly don't want another pet I already have. I thought the whole point was to try for "rare pets". Gee Headmaster what should I do.???? :(


I hatched a frostzilla with a storm hound and i got a frostzilla so just a warning it will probably be a same pet! also it seems to be that mainly lvl 48 pets hatch new pets. tip, my friend hatched hyrda with wraith and got a black spectre with green eyes and a hyrda card
and talking about prices! i just wanted to see the price of mixing an ordinary dragon for like 500 gold and a imp about 250 gold. IT COSTS 64,000 GOLD!!!!!!!!!!! my frostzilla and stormhound cost me 108,000 gold and i got frostzilla again -_-

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
6
OK WHAT I HEARD THAT IT WAS A LOT TO GET RARE PETS BUT THAT THATS JUST NOT RIGHT you need to change that i mean you can buy a sword like 12 times and still it will cost less to bread FIX IT snow snake plus heckhound which by the way is not rare cost if i remember right 50,000 i have to farm every boss and now i still only have 10,000 FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX IT please



david waterwalker lvl 45 ice wizard

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
4
lisiedawn wrote:
Am I missing something? How do you know how much it costs to hatch a pet? My son and I just tried to hatch my dream ghoul with his magma spider, but all it said was that we didn't have enough... It didn't tell us how much we actually needed. Unless I missed it, which is always possible :P




when i got to the pet park i was so happy till my pet got to adult and to hatch was 80k gold. what that is so much have you see a wizard with that much gold. i have only got to 10k and that was a long time to get that and you are make people mad :x and sad . all we want is to have fun and this would be fun if you lower the cost of gold. (not that wizard101 is not fun) but can you please lower the cost of gold. :|

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
41
I have to agree with the other posters.
So, I spent a LONG time trying to level up my Sturdy Wildclaw to Adult, and was totally ecstatic when I did. That feeling didn't last, however. Almost right away, my friend and I tried to hatch an egg. Helephant+Sturdy Wildclaw=OUTRAGEOUS PRICE! It cost ... a whopping 96,670 gold. I mean, where in the WORLD, oops, the Spiral, am I gonna get that kind of gold!!!! RIDICULOUS!
Amber DawnWhisper lvl 46 life

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
5
I am a level 23 death wizard and my friend and I wanted to hatch a blue banshee and a myth sprite. But after reading this!!!??? NO WAY! I don't care how rare the pet would be! Both pets are drop offs!!! I could only imagine what it would cost. It is hard not to buy a rare pet like a yellow ghost! What would it cost for just 2 drop off pets???!!!

Alyssa Drake
Level 23 Death
Secret Shopper

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
2
when i went on the test realm before the hatchery actually came out in the real game everyone was given 100,000 crowns. since i had so many crowns i was able to get a lot of gold and try hatching a new pet. i hatched my stormzilla with a few different pets and each time i got another regular stormzilla back. im afraid (and dont have nearly enough gold) to hatch in the real game. how do i know if i wont waste all my gold just to get another pet that i already have?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
1
I agree with these posts that the hatchery price is WAY TO HIGH and I for one and done worrying about hatching a rare pet until the prices come WAY DOWN. It's just another way to make money on something that doesn't even help you that much. Lower the price and let us all have some fun with our pets!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
The hatching for RARE pets is so high in order to keep the RARE. That is what makes them unique. If everyone could afford to mix their stormzilla with an orthrus to get the hybrid then it would no longer be rare.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
2
Prices have gone far down, I have hatched many hybrids, now, I hatched a Tempest, Tempesthound, Grimzilla and Mythzilla and I am working on more.
But I do agree the prices used to be too high and I still don't like the fact you can only hatch SOME code pets and level 48 pets...

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
28
superluther wrote:
The hatching for RARE pets is so high in order to keep the RARE. That is what makes them unique. If everyone could afford to mix their stormzilla with an orthrus to get the hybrid then it would no longer be rare.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life.


um sooo?? its still insanely expensive!!!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
2
80,000 gold to hatch a pet?! ... WHY THE HECK WOULD KINGSISLE DO THAT TO US????!!!!! I have been struggling to get my jade oni and blue ghost to adult (they are still teens) to make a hybrid, and i never knew there was a price. Curse you kingsisle. At least i can let my pets run around in my house...

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
2
wizkid1234 wrote:
Prices have gone far down, I have hatched many hybrids, now, I hatched a Tempest, Tempesthound, Grimzilla and Mythzilla and I am working on more.
But I do agree the prices used to be too high and I still don't like the fact you can only hatch SOME code pets and level 48 pets...




good for you :( i havent been able to buy one yet
please lower the prices i really want a jade hound

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
3
Hatching common pets should be less that 1,000 gold so if novice or apprentice wizards could have cooler pets and show their friends.Ex. Fircat with Piggle.But when my friend got his adult firecat to hatch with my adult heckhound,the price was over 3,000! It should at least around 1,000.Please change the price!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
29
I agree. Pet hatching is WAY too expensive. They have lowered the price down a ton, but it is still way too expensive. To hatch my helephant with a wraith is still OVER 40,000 GOLD! I have beaten the entire game and I still think it is hard to get that much. Plus, you have to pay a ton of gold just getting snacks to train your pet to adult, which makes the real price of hatching much higher. And when I finally got enough gold to hatch my helephant with a wraith, guess what I got? ANOTHER HELEPHANT! I am never going to hatch a pet again until the price is lowered to around 20,000 thousand.

Devin Dragonflame, Level 50 Fire Wizard

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
5
MysticalKrystal wrote:
I honestly don't mind paying that amount for mixing because it can be done with game gold. As long as I get something different. There is nothing wrong with saving up (gathering gold) for what you want. It might even be a good life lesson for kids- but only if they feel rewarded for their efforts. Let's not teach them that hard work is a rip off.

1) In the test realm- when you tried to mix and didn't have enough it told you the amount needed. That should be the case in the live realm so people don't spend their crowns or sell their furniture items with no chance of gaining enough to hatch.

2) People should be able to see, in advance, what they will get if they mix?

3) Either that or- people should be able to sell an unwanted pet back for a reasonable amout of gold. If KI can base the cost of mixing on the pedigree of the pet, they should be able to use the same calculation for the selling of one, instead of the very small amout you now get to sell one. A pet that costs 100,000 to hatch should be of very significant value.

A little off topic-
Why are the very valuable things that cannot be sold at The Bazaar worth so little anyplace else?




the reason that is is because the bazzar bases how much something sells for by how many they currently have in stock therefore it is only based on how rare the object is and not the real cost of the item.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
5
MysticalKrystal wrote:
I honestly don't mind paying that amount for mixing because it can be done with game gold. As long as I get something different. There is nothing wrong with saving up (gathering gold) for what you want. It might even be a good life lesson for kids- but only if they feel rewarded for their efforts. Let's not teach them that hard work is a rip off.

1) In the test realm- when you tried to mix and didn't have enough it told you the amount needed. That should be the case in the live realm so people don't spend their crowns or sell their furniture items with no chance of gaining enough to hatch.

2) People should be able to see, in advance, what they will get if they mix?

3) Either that or- people should be able to sell an unwanted pet back for a reasonable amout of gold. If KI can base the cost of mixing on the pedigree of the pet, they should be able to use the same calculation for the selling of one, instead of the very small amout you now get to sell one. A pet that costs 100,000 to hatch should be of very significant value.

A little off topic-
Why are the very valuable things that cannot be sold at The Bazaar worth so little anyplace else?




the reason that is is because the bazzar bases how much something sells for by how many they currently have in stock therefore it is only based on how rare the object is and not the real cost of the item. based on this because they have zero in stock the price is high.