Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Won't Rank Up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
So, I haven't played pet derby in a while and I finally came back. So, I start playing some matches and i check my rank after a few and I only get a higher rating when I get first place.(I came in second the other matches) It wasn't like that before and was wondering if there was an update that made this happen?

Rebecca Darkdust-110
Nicole Drake-48

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
RebeccaTheDeathWiz... on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
So, I haven't played pet derby in a while and I finally came back. So, I start playing some matches and i check my rank after a few and I only get a higher rating when I get first place.(I came in second the other matches) It wasn't like that before and was wondering if there was an update that made this happen?

Rebecca Darkdust-110
Nicole Drake-48
this might be due to a rank reset or when your rank is 500,the first medal will be your changing point.say,you get 2nd place,that place will either rank you up or keep you the same rank.if you get 1st then your rank will go up a 1st might be your new goal to get higher.i might make this confusing so let me break it down.

you start with a rank of 500,pvp and ranked derby.when you race its based on your pet on what place you get 4th=lowest medal decreasing your rank.if you start with fourth you can use a better pet to get higher than 4th place to increase your rank.

another reason your rank did that is a glitch.i belive that 1st,2nd and 3rd increase your rank and 4th decreases it.

-lvl 40

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RebeccaTheDeathWiz... on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:

Rebecca Darkdust-110
Nicole Drake-48
"If you ain't first, your last" - Ricky Bobby

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
Michelle SandRiver on Feb 17, 2016 wrote:
this might be due to a rank reset or when your rank is 500,the first medal will be your changing point.say,you get 2nd place,that place will either rank you up or keep you the same rank.if you get 1st then your rank will go up a 1st might be your new goal to get higher.i might make this confusing so let me break it down.

you start with a rank of 500,pvp and ranked derby.when you race its based on your pet on what place you get 4th=lowest medal decreasing your rank.if you start with fourth you can use a better pet to get higher than 4th place to increase your rank.

another reason your rank did that is a glitch.i belive that 1st,2nd and 3rd increase your rank and 4th decreases it.

-lvl 40
ok i found out why:when your rank is 500 your first medal will be your top,if you get lower your rank can decrease if the get the same,it will increase. it's simple:get lower you die out, get higher,and you get all the ladies

-lvl 41