Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why pet training needs to be easier.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Lets look at pets as clothing items, in fact lets compare them to the waterworks gear. This gear takes about a week or two to get. Whereas the perfect pet, takes months and months to get (been working at mine for three months with no luck.) Now lets compare the stats, (not going to include may cast talents as they cant be compared to clothes.)

This is going to be for a storm wizard.

Waterworks gear: 67% damage bonus, and 26% resist.

Near Perfect Pet (Pain giver, Storm giver, spell defy and spell proof):
18% damage and 15% resist. (The max of damage giver on wiki is ???% so I am assuming that it will be around 10% with the stats our pets have.)

The storm gear also gives 22% accuracy, 498 health, 27 block rating, 121 critical rating, and 12% incoming healing boost.

So if we replace defy with spritely (my perfect storm pet) then wouldn't you think the storm gear is still better then the pet, which takes 10* longer to obtain.

My suggestion for making it easier to obtain a perfect pet:
When a pet is leveled up, instead of manifesting predetermined talents, it shows your pet as if you were looking at it from the "pet" option in your bag, and you select one unrevealed talent from each section (derby and battle) to manifest.

-Solstice64