Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Is My Pet So Slow?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Ok, so I recently leveled my pet up to teen and I started participating in the Pet Derby. I just about lose every single race! My pet is so slow compared to all the others. Once the race starts, he falls into last place because he's slower then the other pets. I don't know what the problem is, if there is one at all. He is a Green Cat Thug. Is he just naturally slow because of the kind of pet he is? Or is it because I need to train him more? I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you.

Suri
Balance Wizard
Level 18

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Awjayjay wrote:
Ok, so I recently leveled my pet up to teen and I started participating in the Pet Derby. I just about lose every single race! My pet is so slow compared to all the others. Once the race starts, he falls into last place because he's slower then the other pets. I don't know what the problem is, if there is one at all. He is a Green Cat Thug. Is he just naturally slow because of the kind of pet he is? Or is it because I need to train him more? I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you.

Suri
Balance Wizard
Level 18

Is his agility maxxed? And what is total number? Remember, other pets can get up to 300 in agility.

The other pet derby stats might be affecting the outcome too. Like power and the ability to use morale over and over.

Bottom line, sounds like you need to train him more or hatch/get a pet specifically bred for derby.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Awjayjay wrote:

Suri
Balance Wizard
Level 18

Is his agility maxxed? And what is total number? Remember, other pets can get up to 300 in agility.

The other pet derby stats might be affecting the outcome too. Like power and the ability to use morale over and over.

Bottom line, sounds like you need to train him more or hatch/get a pet specifically bred for derby.

Thanks so much. I'm glad I know what I have to do now. I don't like those minigames, but I'll play them to increase his agility. Thanks again.

Suri
Balance Wizard
Level 20