Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Earthwalker still cast Myth spells?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010

We were told in the last update - "Jade Oni and Earthwalker pets now have the chance of manifesting spells that match their school." - But my Earthwalker is still casting Myth Traps I have no use for. This is a Life pet, I am a Life wizard, I want the pet I paid crowns for, to cast Life spells, spells I can actually use!

I don't have any Myth spells, so the only way the Myth Traps could be of any use at all is if I bought and used a Myth Wand. Not really worth it when my Critical Rating is 120 for Life and 130 for Death and only 30 for Myth and the rest.

Well that is my rant, and I'm sticking to it
Alura LifeWeaver
Legendary Theurgist

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Moonwise wrote:

We were told in the last update - "Jade Oni and Earthwalker pets now have the chance of manifesting spells that match their school." - But my Earthwalker is still casting Myth Traps I have no use for. This is a Life pet, I am a Life wizard, I want the pet I paid crowns for, to cast Life spells, spells I can actually use!

I don't have any Myth spells, so the only way the Myth Traps could be of any use at all is if I bought and used a Myth Wand. Not really worth it when my Critical Rating is 120 for Life and 130 for Death and only 30 for Myth and the rest.

Well that is my rant, and I'm sticking to it
Alura LifeWeaver
Legendary Theurgist

If your Earthwalker is still casting Myth spells, then you need to send to support to get help fixing this issue. I had the same problem with my Jade Oni. I also had to report it to support to get help in getting it changed to balance talents.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Theurgist
Legendary Pyromancer
Fallon WinterGarden
LvL 52 Balance

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
The May Cast talents were fixed for these pets, but only for new ones born & hatched after the update came out. Older pets - those already in existence when the update went Live - still have the Myth-based spells they were born with.

As has been suggested, send in a bug report and ask if they can swap out talents on your older Jade Onis & Earthwalkers for the newer versions.