Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do these new Pets lack Item Cards?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I've got a bit of a gripe against the recently released Skeletal Knight, Muscled Cat, Burning Pixie, Primal Wildclaw, Zombie Piggle, and now the Arctic Ninja Pig.

I don't see why these new Pets that KingsIsle wants people to buy(or farm for), lack the one factor that cannot be changed on them - their innate Item Card(s). A Pet with useless Talents and/or a low Pedigree can be improved by Hatching, but if it doesn't have a card, then it's already at a disadvantage when compared to the Pets one receives at Level 58 (or even 48!), along with countless other species.

A single Item Card may not seem like a big deal, but how can you compare a Pet with no card to one that gives Dryad(Royal Dragon), Giant Spider(Brown Spider), Firezilla(Burnzilla), or Feint(Premier Porker)? And some Pets can have two(Red Ghost) Item Cards, or three(Rain Beetle)!

Basically, Item Cards have become a big deal in the world of Equipment in general (not just Pets). You may not activate the provided card all the time, but there's just no reason not to choose a Pet with an Item Card over one that doesn't, except for the physical appearance of a Pet, which is subjective. The provided cards do not have to be game-breaking or exclusive in any way; at this point, anything is better than nothing - even a Fire Scorch.

It is my hope and humble request that the creators of Pets begin to integrate Item Cards into every new species from here on out. I believe that in doing so, they will make the Pet more attractive to Pet collectors, newbies, and (if the Pet is Crowns-Only) customers.

Thank you for your time!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Luvas wrote:
I've got a bit of a gripe against the recently released Skeletal Knight, Muscled Cat, Burning Pixie, Primal Wildclaw, Zombie Piggle, and now the Arctic Ninja Pig.

I don't see why these new Pets that KingsIsle wants people to buy(or farm for), lack the one factor that cannot be changed on them - their innate Item Card(s). A Pet with useless Talents and/or a low Pedigree can be improved by Hatching, but if it doesn't have a card, then it's already at a disadvantage when compared to the Pets one receives at Level 58 (or even 48!), along with countless other species.

A single Item Card may not seem like a big deal, but how can you compare a Pet with no card to one that gives Dryad(Royal Dragon), Giant Spider(Brown Spider), Firezilla(Burnzilla), or Feint(Premier Porker)? And some Pets can have two(Red Ghost) Item Cards, or three(Rain Beetle)!

Basically, Item Cards have become a big deal in the world of Equipment in general (not just Pets). You may not activate the provided card all the time, but there's just no reason not to choose a Pet with an Item Card over one that doesn't, except for the physical appearance of a Pet, which is subjective. The provided cards do not have to be game-breaking or exclusive in any way; at this point, anything is better than nothing - even a Fire Scorch.

It is my hope and humble request that the creators of Pets begin to integrate Item Cards into every new species from here on out. I believe that in doing so, they will make the Pet more attractive to Pet collectors, newbies, and (if the Pet is Crowns-Only) customers.

Thank you for your time!

huh artic ninja pig never heard of it

and if ya dont like the pet dont buy it some people get the pet because of awesome talents
not every pet needs a item card

also what is this artic ninja pig i never heard of it