Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do some pets cast spells more than others

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
ok i have quite a few pets and most have the abuility to cast a spell on their own such as remove shield, cast fire blade, ice blade, death blade ect, cast shield whatever. bla bla bla. so how come they NEVER CAST the spells while spritly is cast all the time i have even seen the pet cast spritly 3 times in a row in the SAME ROUND!. Don't get me wrong I love the spell but COME ON! KI pease if you read these things either bump DOWN the spitly spell % or bump UP the other spell % for casting that is TOTALY not cool to spend as mutch time and effort, and for some REAL WORLD $ to get talents on their pets and never get to enjoy them.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
backwoodschopper wrote:
ok i have quite a few pets and most have the abuility to cast a spell on their own such as remove shield, cast fire blade, ice blade, death blade ect, cast shield whatever. bla bla bla. so how come they NEVER CAST the spells while spritly is cast all the time i have even seen the pet cast spritly 3 times in a row in the SAME ROUND!. Don't get me wrong I love the spell but COME ON! KI pease if you read these things either bump DOWN the spitly spell % or bump UP the other spell % for casting that is TOTALY not cool to spend as mutch time and effort, and for some REAL WORLD $ to get talents on their pets and never get to enjoy them.

You know, I can understand wanting may cast Aura, or Blade, or Trap to cast more, I really do! However, how you can make a post, that even gives the idea to DOWNGRADE Spritely, is beyond me!

People wonder why I am mean on posts, or belittle the posters, but it is because of this very reason! Think before you post people! You are not the only one playing and this will not only effect you if KI makes the change, it will change it for everyone. So, why even mention spritely? If you don't like how often spritely is cast, don't get a pet with spritely as a talent!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
NO! don't bump down Spritely casting. :< My spritely casting pet has not casted the spell in 2 days.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
darthjt wrote:
backwoodschopper wrote:

You know, I can understand wanting may cast Aura, or Blade, or Trap to cast more, I really do! However, how you can make a post, that even gives the idea to DOWNGRADE Spritely, is beyond me!

People wonder why I am mean on posts, or belittle the posters, but it is because of this very reason! Think before you post people! You are not the only one playing and this will not only effect you if KI makes the change, it will change it for everyone. So, why even mention spritely? If you don't like how often spritely is cast, don't get a pet with spritely as a talent!

Ok for One the reason "People wonder why I am mean on posts, or belittle the posters" is because you jump to a conclusions rather than read and re read a post. You are missing the point of this.
It's NOT that I want spritly gone, it is that the % of spritly being cast is way off from the other spells being cast. So darthjt the actual POINT of my post it that the spells should have the same chance of being cast.
I and others have spent many hours vested in mixing the perfect pet for our needs, and YES buy buying Mega Snack packs we have spent real world $ on this endeavor, so don't you think that it would be fare for every one that we ALL should have that opportunity to enjoy OUR pet talents as well. After all WE DID PAY for them.
Sounds to me like you got all bent out of shape because you are afraid that KI will ACTUALY mess with a talent YOUR pet has and take away any edge you might have verses others in the game, SO yes darthjt I did think before I posted. May be you should thake the time to think before you respond.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
These "Talents" are not 100% needed.they are handy for back up, but you don't need to rely on them to do duels. more importantly, Spritely is more used then other may-cast talents because it actually if designated to HEAL YOU. since healing is crucial, spritely actually has a reason to be more used. Basically, I dont see why we need to meddle with these talents.

Daniel Wildhunter, Master Pyromancer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
backwoodschopper wrote:
darthjt wrote:
backwoodschopper wrote:

Ok for One the reason "People wonder why I am mean on posts, or belittle the posters" is because you jump to a conclusions rather than read and re read a post. You are missing the point of this.
It's NOT that I want spritly gone, it is that the % of spritly being cast is way off from the other spells being cast. So darthjt the actual POINT of my post it that the spells should have the same chance of being cast.
I and others have spent many hours vested in mixing the perfect pet for our needs, and YES buy buying Mega Snack packs we have spent real world $ on this endeavor, so don't you think that it would be fare for every one that we ALL should have that opportunity to enjoy OUR pet talents as well. After all WE DID PAY for them.
Sounds to me like you got all bent out of shape because you are afraid that KI will ACTUALY mess with a talent YOUR pet has and take away any edge you might have verses others in the game, SO yes darthjt I did think before I posted. May be you should thake the time to think before you respond.

Woah, hold on there pilgrim! Did you state you do think about your posts? You are the one that stated to BUMP down the Spritely %! You are not the only one that pays a lot of money for the perfect pet thank you! I spend a fortune on them and on mega snacks and for you to come here and say, bump down the percentage, is like trying to steal my money! So, I am very adament about you needing to think before you post. Do NOT compare spritely to the other may cast spells, they are completely different, instead, ask or question why they don't cast more, instead of trying to compare them.

Here is why they cast more, since you can't quite figure it out! Triggers, school specific spells have less triggers that activate it than spritely does. So, if you casted as many triggers as spritely has, your other may cast spells would have the same active ratio. So, find out what triggers your pets other talents and give that a shot!

Think before you post, which obviously, you say you do, however you don't! Because if you did, you know that downgrading something that is finally good in the game, is the worst idea you ever had!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
No, leave spritely alone! Yes it would be great if the other may cast talents were bumped up, it would make it worth trying to keep those talents rather than train them out of my pets. But spritely? Give it a rest. Yes spritely can cast quite frequently, but there are more triggers for spritely. Generally when I'm fighting with other wizards, there are plenty of other triggers that set it off - somebody (team member or enemy) casts a spell that hits critical, casts an AOE spell, or a team member next to me gets hit with a powerful spell. But what happens when I get hit directly and the enemy doesn't critical? Nothing that's what. When I was fighting the boss to get my snow angel spell, a battle that must be done alone, I nearly died because my pet would not cast spritely and I didn't have nearly enough healing loaded, even with my ice wizard's resistance it was a close battle. My pet only cast spritely once, and that was when the boss finally decided to attack my minion. So leave spritely alone, it casts no more frequently than any other may cast spell. If it bothers you a lot, always fight alone and you won't have to worry about it. Oh, but you better be sure to put your healing spells back in your deck!