Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which pet would people want to hatch with?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
i have a pedigree 61 giraffe that gives pain giver spell proof spell defy and pierce train, and a pedigree 81 and 85 storm elf that gives snow shield and unicorn(85) and pain giver and unicorn(81)
obviously i'm not to excited about the 85's adult talent but he has a high pedigree. the 81 has a better talent but he's still only adult. the epic giraffe however, has good talents, and despite the inferior pedigree, i like it.
here's the problem. most people will overlook and pet that doesn't have at least a pedigree 70 no matter what level it is. so if i want to hatch with a person, i have to tell them i have double resist and by that time they usually already turned me down.
i'm looking for a rain beetle. i have a wide arsenel of good talents so i dont really care about the pedigree or current stats. so should i try to get people to hatch with me wit my griaffe cause of the stats or my elf cause of the pedigree? anyone out there whose been hatching for a long time have a good answer?
thanks
jason thundersword archmage thaumaturge 8)

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
brickhead12 wrote:
i have a pedigree 61 giraffe that gives pain giver spell proof spell defy and pierce train, and a pedigree 81 and 85 storm elf that gives snow shield and unicorn(85) and pain giver and unicorn(81)
obviously i'm not to excited about the 85's adult talent but he has a high pedigree. the 81 has a better talent but he's still only adult. the epic giraffe however, has good talents, and despite the inferior pedigree, i like it.
here's the problem. most people will overlook and pet that doesn't have at least a pedigree 70 no matter what level it is. so if i want to hatch with a person, i have to tell them i have double resist and by that time they usually already turned me down.
i'm looking for a rain beetle. i have a wide arsenel of good talents so i dont really care about the pedigree or current stats. so should i try to get people to hatch with me wit my griaffe cause of the stats or my elf cause of the pedigree? anyone out there whose been hatching for a long time have a good answer?
thanks
jason thundersword archmage thaumaturge 8)

it depends but the the two pets are good;

61 giraffe - ill hatch with it if i have a higher pedigree pet that has no good talent or one that has similar talents and needs some unwanted ones weeded out. ill think twice though if the pain giver is only at 5 max (ideally it needs to be 6).

81 storm elf - this is good if i have a pet that needs needs unicorn and pain giver no matter what pedigree it is or its a new pet that needs a better pedigree plus the 2 talents your pet already have. Why not train this up to ancient/epic and see what comes out?

your best solution though is to hatch the 81 storm elf (better if ancient with good solid talents) with the 61 giraffe because you might have a better chance of having a great pet (SPPD or SPUD) to offer.

Archmages
R. Lionhand
F. Stardust
J. Winterbane
Brahm

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
That has always bugged me. How people can discredit a pet because it has a low pedigree. My dragon I think has a pedigree of 67 (they are a 72 first gen) and I actually wanted to lower his pedigree.
A higher pedigree means more epic talents. For me, most of those epic talents are not helpful. Most of them are card giving talents. If I wanted a single card, it will be in my side board.
Sorry I can't help you with the rain beetle hatch, I usually start with a sea dragon so hybrids are not my thing. I did get a storm caller once when I hatched a scarecrow with a kraken? Didn't help me but looks kind of cute (purple scarecrow).
If you are being dismissed early chances are you don't want to hatch with them anyways. Maybe try Central to meet up with someone?
Most people will probably want the higher pedigree I would say. It is a shame too, as you can have a pretty low pedigreed pet with awesome talents and high attributes.
pods

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Sigh would you accept a Sea Dragon pedigee 71? Its gives peirce and disarm spells. Maybe if I train it some more it could get some better talents which I will notify.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
these are the two types of pet that people want is a stud or spud pets.

Spritely,tower shield,unicorn and defy =stud

Spritely,spell proof,unicorn and defy=spud

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Hi! I'd be more than happy to hatch with your giraffe. I was a rain beetle that's an adult and has may cast sprite and sharp-shot. (wasn't too please with his adult talent so i didn't lvl him up anymore.) I think he's a pedigree of 69. Just tell me when and where and ill meet you there

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
hi just been hanging on the forums and on the game saw ya post and got to thinking just a random person who dont have any 'good' pets but if people were so picky about wht they would hatch with the game would be more better

wolfduskblade magus pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
pods1973 wrote:
That has always bugged me. How people can discredit a pet because it has a low pedigree. My dragon I think has a pedigree of 67 (they are a 72 first gen) and I actually wanted to lower his pedigree.
A higher pedigree means more epic talents. For me, most of those epic talents are not helpful. Most of them are card giving talents. If I wanted a single card, it will be in my side board.
Sorry I can't help you with the rain beetle hatch, I usually start with a sea dragon so hybrids are not my thing. I did get a storm caller once when I hatched a scarecrow with a kraken? Didn't help me but looks kind of cute (purple scarecrow).
If you are being dismissed early chances are you don't want to hatch with them anyways. Maybe try Central to meet up with someone?
Most people will probably want the higher pedigree I would say. It is a shame too, as you can have a pretty low pedigreed pet with awesome talents and high attributes.
pods

well yea if people didnt care about the pedigree ranking people would maybe be alot happyier but people like archmage and the people who have thier school pets just dont care about wht they hatch with

wolfduskblade magus pyromancer